My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
muffy muffy thanks a lot. She is running around like crazy, and now knows how to greet me by the door when I come home.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 its now quite harder to take a pic of them all together. They seem to be scattered everywhere. I can see some climbing here and others running there. Little monkeys in the house. LOL.

here are some of the recent photos:

This is Hissy, the fierce one:

View attachment 376178

and Gollum, smallest in the litter:

View attachment 376179

all together now:

View attachment 376180
They are all beyond adorable. Hissy is fierce looking for sure. You can tell by her expression that she wears the pants at your house.

Jcatbird: Happy birthday! I hope you get your #1 wish with Thrasher coming back home.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
pearl99 pearl99 Thank you and thanks to Waffles too! Please tell Waffles to keep sending messages to Thrasher! Tell her that the door is open and chicken is waiting! ;) Hugs and love too.
Hippo birdie two ewe! :flail:That is really cute! Thank you for another laugh for the day!

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Gypsy is very smart! She made me think of something too. I need to be sure the paw print on the steps is clearly visible. Maybe some glow in the dark paint? Lol Mark it “Entrance” , just so it isn’t confused for an Exit sign.

Banjo is probably surfing the net to find a green bikini. Lol
Thank you for the birthday wishes. Thrasher didn’t come in but maybe her gift to me came a little early when she let me see her and she meowed.
My birthday was on National Pet day? That’s pretty special! No better time to have a birthday!

BellaGooch BellaGooch Thank you to you all and give love to Pants, Willow and Eden from us. The more voices, the louder the call.
Thank you for the happy birthday too!

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Surely Thrasher must feel the love being sent her way. I suspect that , with the help from everyone here, she began to find her way back in the first place.
Oh my! Hissy face is so fierce but so snuggable! Lol Is that a darling dimple in the chin or a fierce goatee? That little one looks so serious. I love serious kitten faces!
Gollum you have the sweetest little face too! Golly Gollum but I want to give you kitten kisses.
All together? That is a whole lot of precious in one place! I laughed when you described trying to get a photo of them together. Kittens are like little monkeys when they start exploring and climbing. Mad dashes all over their world. I can remember when I was young and there was a litter of kittens in our home. My mother wore a long bathrobe in the mornings and as she sat at the breakfast table or walked around the kitchen she had beautiful kitten decorations climbing or hanging like adornments from her robe. We were so used to having kitties around that mother never even seemed to notice that she walked with kittens. Lol It was soooo funny. Kitten smiles. Thank you for thst

rubysmama rubysmama Indeed you do have the date right. Thank you for the birthday wishes! The birthday is now over at a quarter past midnight. Thrasher did not appear today. I think the noise from the neighbors hunting their dog set her back a bit. Perhaps tomorrow. Any day she shows up will be a cherished gift.
Such a cute picture. Three ginger kitties singing. I have to think that Ruby helped in choosing that. Thank you to Ruby too.

tabbytom tabbytom Cute little kitten tongues, sweet pink noses and kitten smiles! A Purrfect way to smile on my birthday! Thanks to you and January! I have my box of hope for Thrasher all tied neatly with my birthday bow. It remains in my pocket. Always. It’s there with the stars I saved for a rainy day.
Two girls in bikinis? Lol BJ may faint.:lol: I saw him in the linen closet looking for a beach towel. I think he has ideas about where he can go to find the girls.

Lari Lari Thank you! I am another year ..... younger?:lol: Okay, so I have it backwards but that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Lolololol That little kitten has smiling eyes! I give you me! I would take that me in a minute! Precious baby. Only a handful.
Thrasher is holding out on me but the gift is knowing she is near. I am extremely grateful for that.

N NY cat man Thank you for my Happy Birthday and for all your encouragement towards my Thrasher projects. It’s a , much needed,boost.

muffy muffy Hissy is such a force to be reckoned with! Lol Loving all those little faces!
Thank you for the Happy Birthday and for adding to my wish for Thrasher. There is strength in numbers. Maybe Thrasher will get the Happy day vibes!

Buffster7 Buffster7 Thank you! More good things than I can contain? I like that! Bursting with joy! Purrfect! If Thrasher comes back you may just see that wish come true. Catbird splattered all over. Keep a Kleenex handy for me! Lol
That photo is so cute! I’d like to party with that kitty! Lol Hugs gratefully accepted and hugs from here sent your way!

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Thank you for the Happy Birthday! I love the kitty birthday party picture! Maybe my birthday wish will come since everyone is helping me to wish it.

To everyone here and reading, I don’t think I have ever had so many people helping me to make my birthday wish come true. For all the love I feel coming through and all the Happy sentiments sent, I thank you all. You have made it a Happy Birthday for me.:grouphug2::redheartpump::rock::thanks::lovecat4: It feels like some birthday magic is coming to me! Below,some Thrasher photos. Think thoughts of cats loving birthday cake! Two years ago today. Sharing a unique birthday cake with Thrasher.
DAEF8A15-7320-4D19-8CCE-A9BCC63CB434.jpeg

Yummy!
FC23ECE0-1263-4B5E-86DF-E305680C2D93.jpeg

More?
502337A1-DBC0-4196-8580-5DDAE141B0C6.jpeg

She came back for seconds. Purrfect manners too!
1F612414-D124-448A-940B-DDD31AB430FB.jpeg

Older ferals can definitely be socialized. You just need the right recipe.;)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was a different kind of birthday. I went outside for a bit of nice sunshine. I found a beautiful moth. I must be a bit sleep deprived because I could have sworn the moth commented on my age. ;) See if you see what I saw.

Beautiful moth! Hmmm. It looks like there is an arrow pointing to the number nine on his back!
4649D1EA-D08C-4083-A43D-7837593E309B.jpeg

As I watched the moth turned around and the nine became a six. 96? No Mr. Moth! I am not 96 yet. Maybe in Moth years but.....
9156F75D-CC4B-4AF1-8B20-334064C90679.jpeg

Oh well. The flowers were gorgeous today. A single coreopsis stood alone in a background of....
61C7B746-74A4-48DF-A0A2-12ED2205EE9B.jpeg

Bouquets of azaleas!
BBED0A5A-0CDD-46A4-B2DB-A4A7D9C6D65C.jpeg

When I went back inside the kitties asked my age.
CEAEA7D5-281B-452B-BB0B-856EFAB0C964.jpeg

Prints seemed a bit stunned. Lol
24D4E37B-6F47-491F-A624-20937DB80F78.jpeg

Maybe he thought I was exaggerating like he did with the tale about the size of the fish he caught.
A92C1FAB-EE27-4EC0-B2F9-E34CF41A147C.jpeg

Liberty wanted to know how many of my nine lives I have used up to reach this age.
EE1D5A7E-3BB7-4FD2-8A9E-F76B742B4278.jpeg

Wanda Heart didn’t know that Hoomans could live to a thousand. Wha....? Who told you I am a thousand?!?!?! Prints!!!!
B9A3D94D-A5CA-4E04-817B-18A22FDE7FE6.jpeg

Well.... maybe you are only half that.
46D21EB3-1476-4A72-B7F0-83332549775F.jpeg

Okay Clowder! Quit teasing the hooman!
B46305E4-6E51-40E0-BDC0-327293A8F2FF.jpeg

Happy Birthday hooman!
DC24D52D-FCD4-467A-86C8-A728C06F2749.jpeg

It’s good to know you are only 500! Ahahahaha haha!
17D52F26-0959-47CE-9A8B-57DDDB163636.jpeg

Well, you just can’t help smiling when the Clowder has a great sense of humor. Cats always make me smile!:cloud9:
Thank you to everyone for helping me to celebrate life at Chez Catbird!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Adorable photos of Thrasher! She’s so sweet. Those flowers are gorgeous. 🌺 I love azaleas, and such a unique moth! I hope you had a nice day.

I also couldn’t help but laugh at the photos of the clowder. Such funny, expressive faces! I always smile seeing pictures of the clowder.

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote I’m a bit late, but the kittens are getting so big! So wonderful to watch them grow.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Surely Thrasher must feel the love being sent her way. I suspect that , with the help from everyone here, she began to find her way back in the first place.
Oh my! Hissy face is so fierce but so snuggable! Lol Is that a darling dimple in the chin or a fierce goatee? That little one looks so serious. I love serious kitten faces!
Gollum you have the sweetest little face too! Golly Gollum but I want to give you kitten kisses.
All together? That is a whole lot of precious in one place! I laughed when you described trying to get a photo of them together. Kittens are like little monkeys when they start exploring and climbing. Mad dashes all over their world. I can remember when I was young and there was a litter of kittens in our home. My mother wore a long bathrobe in the mornings and as she sat at the breakfast table or walked around the kitchen she had beautiful kitten decorations climbing or hanging like adornments from her robe. We were so used to having kitties around that mother never even seemed to notice that she walked with kittens. Lol It was soooo funny. Kitten smiles. Thank you for thst
Its a goatee. Hissy is still living up to its name, ready to hiss, growl and pounce when I try to touch her/him. But there are moments when she / he just wants to be petted too. She and Calypso are the same personality. Gollum is the smallest and most shy among the litter. I am thinking of keeping him/her, depending on my husband's mood. LOL. Cali the rainbow cat is also a meek one, but very playful. She also already knows how to greet me by the door. So I may also keep her. LOL. Seriously speaking, I have already posted them for adoption. AT least Hissy and Calypso already have prospective adopters, and so is the mama cat after getting fixed.

My Mom also was the influence in me being an animal lover. She always had cats, dogs, ducks and parrots around. One time I even saw a little monkey in the house, but later she said she had to hand over to the wildlife agency.

I’m a bit late, but the kittens are getting so big! So wonderful to watch them grow.
They are already eating solid food. I was surprised to see Hissy inside my Barley's food bowl, eating the leftovers of wet food. It was so funny to watch.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm sorry Thrasher didn't make it home for your birthday, but I guess that would have been just too much of a movie like ending to actually happen. But there's no reason why you can't come home today, Thrasher. :catrub: :hearthrob:

Loved that pic of the moth. Wonder what it looked like as a caterpillar?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(Echoing everyone else's wishes and thoughts, and adding mine, Jcatbird Jcatbird ! I was SO hoping you'd have the best PURResent ever -- THRASHER HOME AGAIN! Elvis is here on my lap, purring for that to happen quickly. He knows a cat needs a loving, comfortable, safe, caring home. Baby Su does too. Even feral cats, once they get the lay of the land, love the feeling of having safety, regular and good food and water, and someone who truly cares about them! And being part of a lovely clowder like Chez Catbird? WOW!
Gorgeous flowers -- such deep jewel tones! -- and an amazing moth. I haven't seen one like that, and I'm an insect nerd from childhood. Maybe (s)he's a Chez Catbird moth?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
THIS IS A PUBLIC ADDRESS ANNOUNCEMENT

Will the cat by the name of Thrasher please respond and report to the concierge ASAP. Your presence is greatly needed at the CHEZ Clubhouse. Free hugs and kisses and warmth love and treats and food and toys and furry friends will be given and your suite is ready. Please do not miss out these great goodies. Offer is valid indefinitely.

Thrasher, I hope you heard this announcement and please make your way back. Please hurry!!!!!! We miss you!!!!!!

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom Thank you about the photos. That moth is a giant Leopard Moth! Appropriate for Chez Catbird. Lol
Nothing is sweeter to see than a laughing cat. That was my gift from Lady. Cat smiles are contagious.

I going to post that message to Thrasher everywhere! That was so well done. She is certainly missing out on all the perks of the club house. I’m sure she will take notice of that as it gets hotter here. She loves having and air conditioned cat club house. I’ll even invest in one of those bikinis for her!

BellaGooch BellaGooch I’m glad you laughed! I always hope to share the smiles the kitties give to me.
That moth was so neat looking! We get some very beautiful creatures here. I’ve noticed a lot of butterflies out as I am searching the area. Last year I didn’t see as many.

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote The kittens are doing so well! I love hearing about them and I know that watching them learning to eat is so cute. If you do like I did, the ones that don’t find homes are the ones that I kept. Funny but it always seemed to work out that the ones who needed me most, stayed.
Your mom sounds great! A monkey? Lol That must have been a very fun way to learn to love all creatures. A monkey is the one animal I never did have but I can imagine that waking up to new and different creatures was exciting. Those kitties are very lucky to have found you.

Lari Lari Yes! A year younger would be great! Thank you for your support!:lol: I’m not sure the kitties will let me get by with that but I’m going to give it my best effort.
I agree that we all want to see those kittens!:clap2::lovecat3:

strider rose strider rose Thank you so much for the birthday wish!

rubysmama rubysmama It would have been a fairytale ending. Sometimes fairytales take us on an adventure before the happy ending though. I have been so very lucky to have such a great number of happy endings that I have come to know that fairytales can come true. After all, look at the story of the Gingerbread kitties or Banjo and Whistle. Finding Banjo seemed to be such a remote possibility but it happened. Rescued twice! I still look back at their stories and just kind of shake my head. One in a million chance to find a lost little one, recently spayed, separated from her precious brother, in the wilds of another state and next to an alligator farm. After so much time had elapsed and I had one chance to find her..... I am trying to remind myself that Thrasher will know, just as Banjo did, when the time is right to come to me. I will stay visible to her. Maybe she is more of a drama queen than we knew! She could be out kissing all the frogs she can find! That will take a bit of time around here. I just hope she doesn’t turn any frogs into more cats!

That moth was a fuzzy black caterpillar. They do some very neat stuff. Wooly Bear types, I am amazed at how they persevere.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I had high hopes for finding her back inside by now. However, seeing her back in her old hiding place did make me feel better. Just seeing her! My dear little Thrasher is near. I almost expect her to repeat what she did before I got her. She would vanish after each trauma. It would take a few months before she returned to a routine here. Each time, any further scares sent her back into the swamp but she always returned. Seeing her speak to me let me know she recognized me in spite of her fears. Her survival instincts are about as strong as I have ever seen. I believe in her. She is like the leopard moth and will rise again. I’ll take that Chez catbird leopard moth as my sign to be patient and keep my faith as I let her know, I am still here for her.

The paw print at the door has been cleared of leaves. The welcome mat is out. I do hope she heard all the calls for her from everyone and takes
the offers that are extended. Hurry home Thrasher! The pawprint you left in our hearts needs to be filled.
5C7F04C8-FDBD-4BF3-8FB8-E58C0A59DA3A.jpeg

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
1618283327505.png

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 When that happens, try hitting ESC top left corner of your keyboard.
THANK YOU! That helps. It's an on again-off again thing, apparently. However, I have now discovered that I can just keep on purraising, and when one posts, THEY ALL POST!

Hekitty, keeping a lookout, in case Thrasher heads our way!
Cat TV.jpg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Again today, I searched. I just want to let Thrasher see me and know that I am walking a perimeter to protect her. I am repeating the routine I used when I first started the rescues. I hope that will give her a sense of security. There is much for a cat to see around here. Perhaps she is watching me from the fields of flowers.
B590A73D-896A-45A7-A14B-4CA7B9E8D85E.jpeg
784C5993-CC6A-46FB-887F-E54768CE4389.jpeg
02918E3B-A9F9-4CAB-981A-5CF94D28347A.jpeg
0149999F-6EBD-4718-B078-532DC6C9D3CE.jpeg
CC42EFE5-A472-4AAB-8A58-FB054739EAD0.jpeg
AE4635ED-DC01-4469-BD1C-244C29BEF5F7.jpeg
380FA2F4-472E-4411-BCDA-B13F71CE344B.jpeg

As I was posting this, I think I got a message from Thrasher. Lol A black cat came into the cat room and meowed at the door. I saw the kitty on the camera. It spoke a few times and before I could get to the door it turned and dashed out! Hmmm. I wonder if it will return? I put a dish of food out but I have not seen the kitty again yet. Last night some kitty munched on the catnip plant I had put in the catio. I was hoping it was Thrasher but it may have been this visitor. I had watched the cameras until nearly 3 in the morning and was up after a few hours to check again. Sometime during those hours a cat was here. It was not visible on the camera so it must have entered through the catio door instead of the cat room. BJ woke me so maybe he saw the visitor. He is alerting me to all movements outside but I don’t have the keen sense of hearing, smell or sight that he has. I’ll keep watching BJ for clues. It’s a good thing he cannot dig through glass! He keeps trying though!
366F73AE-B030-4AE4-9EA2-ED67B4599CF2.jpeg

B5335F52-6430-4563-A143-262A30D60621.jpeg

5E527832-41C6-404F-ADA6-8FBF272FDBAA.jpeg
34D22319-7F83-42C5-B62F-52645C97D84C.jpeg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Thank you! I am not surprised that you missed it because I have decided to take birthdays in reverse now. Lol Subtracting them and I am now a year younger. :lol: Pretty cool huh?
Hekitty! I love that picture! Perfect caption. She better watch out for Thrasher with BJ in hot pursuit! He is determined to catch up to her. Please tell Hekitty to let us know.
BJ is amazing. Read his expressions. Lol
High tail alert!
4DC0C9D0-0DED-4006-9D72-DB065C16E048.jpeg

You do understand me don’t you?
9930E002-8BBD-4676-96C2-C607D76FF9F2.jpeg

Follow me!
F3A0B9FE-4F63-429E-9817-A044BEBDF4B8.jpeg

What’s wrong with these humans. I thought they spoke cat!
F00AA621-5D29-42EC-B8AF-2AF8E4A19319.jpeg

Gotta run. BJ is giving me the stink eye to take him for a walk.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Subtracting them and I am now a year younger. :lol: Pretty cool huh?
LOL, I always add a couple of years to mine. I remember my mom telling someone, "If you're 45 and say you're 39, people pity you and think you look old. If you're 45 and say you're 50, they think you look WONDERFUL!"

Status
Not open for further replies.