My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Forgive me but no time to respond to all. I took a few pictures to give an idea. Trying to alter things from inside the cat room window. Lol I did take BJ out to hunt but he did not seem to catch her scent. Makes sense. It’s raining.

The blue tarp is over the catio. It is against the cat room window which is open to the catio.
7B2D5439-0BDA-4B7E-AC7E-F77A72767B90.jpeg

Raining.
DEF047E1-A0A7-447D-A060-B8BCC98FBBEC.jpeg

This is the view out the cat room window. There is a wooden box for her that is lined with a towel she slept on.
A0673D3E-7866-42D8-9325-8E1576ABA74D.jpeg

These shelves act as stairs up to the window.
7197C9A0-ECA7-4A47-A124-3CC0835AE977.jpeg

To bottom right is an open door onto the catio.
363516CA-58E9-4178-B518-2323F5FE03CA.jpeg

I have the tarp draped down over the catio so it gives her places to hide and multiple feelings of exits if she does not enter the catio.
CF3D0F02-0C4C-4FAB-A482-B6C0317D4690.jpeg

So much more to do for a feral to feel safe and , at heart, right now she is back to being feral.
DED13112-DB0E-4AE4-91FE-3E5E1FC72967.jpeg

The tarp is now down and a mat from her room on the ground inside the catio until I can finish.
71760271-CF98-46AA-A933-C9C5EA210F68.jpeg

Praying she finds the courage to climb and come in the window tonight. Come on Thrasher! I’ll put a bit of catnip at the top. Food inside the Cat room.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Forgive me but no time to respond to all. I took a few pictures to give an idea. Trying to alter things from inside the cat room window. Lol I did take BJ out to hunt but he did not seem to catch her scent. Makes sense. It’s raining.

The blue tarp is over the catio. It is against the cat room window which is open to the catio.
View attachment 376130
Raining.
View attachment 376131
This is the view out the cat room window. There is a wooden box for her that is lined with a towel she slept on.
View attachment 376132
These shelves act as stairs up to the window.
View attachment 376133
To bottom right is an open door onto the catio.
View attachment 376134
I have the tarp draped down over the catio so it gives her places to hide and multiple feelings of exits if she does not enter the catio.
View attachment 376135
So much more to do for a feral to feel safe and , at heart, right now she is back to being feral.
View attachment 376136
The tarp is now down and a mat from her room on the ground inside the catio until I can finish.
View attachment 376137
Praying she finds the courage to climb and come in the window tonight. Come on Thrasher! I’ll put a bit of catnip at the top. Food inside the Cat room.
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞💝😽

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She’s alive! :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::dance::cloud9::redheartpump:
I saw a cat....
BDC53810-0193-45DC-96A1-EE2CD2DC485C.jpeg

See the little silhouette of a cat head way back inside the building to the right of where you see the doorknob but slightly below it.
131A361F-77E9-42AD-B689-C5E2CC58AD02.jpeg

I opened every kind of can I have....
4076A70F-DDA6-4A81-8E9C-53A4C95F7E2F.jpeg

She spoke to me in her silent meow.
Three meows.
8ACCA46F-6DDC-4AC3-8D00-C1D80FEB4F89.jpeg

I know it’s hard to see her there but it is her. I showed her the plate and she watched me as I opened the cans. I did not approach yet but even so, after a few minutes she got nervous and dropped behind the plant crates. I looked to see if she exited the building in the back but she had vanished. It’s a start.
F217D557-1A13-44BF-A963-6A4C8913B6AE.jpeg

Thank you to everyone for all your hopes, wishes and prayers. Please don’t stop. I would give everything to find her willing to come back to me.
To anyone with a lost cat or missing cat, don’t ever give up. I have been searching night and day for 23 days and today is the first time I saw her and knew that this is my girl. I still don’t have her back inside but just knowing she is out there is a relief. I can begin the work of trying to calm her and lure her back.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saw this at Walmart day before yesterday, wonder if it would be safe for a cat? Under supervision of course. Anyone ever run across one of these?
View attachment 376108
Depends on the closure. If it can't break away, it's not safe for cats. And the coolant materials may or may not be safe. I've never seen one of these before. Thanks for sharing it with us -- it's interesting, and I hope experts with knowledge of the product can provide information. As a rule, I would never use any dog product for cats.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She’s alive! :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::dance::cloud9::redheartpump:
I saw a cat....View attachment 376145
See the little silhouette of a cat head way back inside the building to the right of where you see the doorknob but slightly below it.View attachment 376146
I opened every kind of can I have....
View attachment 376147
Three meows.
View attachment 376148
I know it’s hard to see her there but it is her. I showed her the plate and she watched me as I opened the cans. I did not approach yet but even so, after a few minutes she got nervous and dropped behind the plant crates. I looked to see if she exited the building in the back but she had vanished. It’s a start. View attachment 376149
Thank you to everyone for all your hopes, wishes and prayers. Please don’t stop. I would give everything to find her willing to come back to me.
To anyone with a lost cat or missing cat, don’t ever give up. I have been searching night and day for 23 days and today is the first time I saw her and knew that this is my girl. I still don’t have her back inside but just knowing she is out there is a relief. I can begin the work of trying to calm her and lure her back.
Do you know for sure it's her? OMG!!! YES! Come to mama, Thrasher! PLEASE!!!

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird :yess::woohoo::heartshape: This is great news!!! At least you know now that she is alive and near by. My kitty was gone without a trace for five months, I was just about to give up hope when he showed up one day at my patio door. This sighting is a big relief for you. Now I hope you can trap her soon. I am praying and keeping my 🤞. Hang in there, it will happen.

I noticed that M maggiedemi has not been back on the site since it was put back online. I hope she is okay. I miss her posts. Well hopeful she will be back on soon. 🤗

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I saw a cat....
Three meows.
My heart is racing and my eyes are teary. Please let it be Thrasher and If that's you Thrasher, please come nome to mommy and to your kitty gang. They are all waiting for you!

:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YAY!!!!!!! :hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob::hugs::hearthrob::redheartpump::rbheart::heartshape: Come home, Thrasher!

Jcatbird Jcatbird
I noticed that M maggiedemi has not been back on the site since it was put back online. I hope she is okay. I miss her posts. Well hopeful she will be back on soon. 🤗
I hope she knows the site's back up! I wonder if she gets email notifications when she's tagged. I turned mine off not long after I joined because I was getting too many emails, so I only get emails for PMs.

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Depends on the closure. If it can't break away, it's not safe for cats. And the coolant materials may or may not be safe. I've never seen one of these before. Thanks for sharing it with us -- it's interesting, and I hope experts with knowledge of the product can provide information. As a rule, I would never use any dog product for cats.
I was thinking maybe just lay it across or next to her. I don't like fastening any thing on her. I'm gonna research.

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OK...first, EVEYONE consider your posts purraised appropriately! I don't know what the issue is, but when I attempt to add a purraise, it just loads and loads and loads...up to 5 minutes worth for each purraise, and I AM NOT THAT PATIENT!!!!!!!
Second, Jcatbird Jcatbird , OH THANK GOODNESS! YES!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Thank you for keeping that candle lit. I really, really need it to lead my baby home.
Tell Hekitty that she must come to enjoy the catio!
Hekitty says that she would love to, and to all things their proper time!

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
YAY!!!!!!! :hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob::hugs::hearthrob::redheartpump::rbheart::heartshape: Come home, Thrasher!

I hope she knows the site's back up! I wonder if she gets email notifications when she's tagged. I turned mine off not long after I joined because I was getting too many emails, so I only get emails for PMs.
She will probably check in at some point, even if the notifications were turned off. I hope she is doing okay. 🙂

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
OK...first, EVEYONE consider your posts purraised appropriately! I don't know what the issue is, but when I attempt to add a purraise, it just loads and loads and loads...up to 5 minutes worth for each purraise, and I AM NOT THAT PATIENT!!!!!!!
Second, Jcatbird Jcatbird , OH THANK GOODNESS! YES!

Hekitty says that she would love to, and to all things their proper time!
Hmmm my purraises are loading ok.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man Thank you and those are all great ideas. I do have some of that floor tile. I will dig out a slant and make sure the floor can drain. I have very heavy plastic 6 ml. that I use to cover a commercial greenhouse so it’s very tough stuff. I had also bought some concrete mix. I have metal brackets to secure the whole structure to the house in case of high winds so a slight slant will be fine. I also found very wide screen to put over the metal hardware cloth to keep out mosquitoes. Lumber now is extremely expensive. Types and sizes are limited.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 This is a small catio. I needed something as fast to assemble as possible. More spaces can come later.
I was very relieved to get that IV behind me. I needed the fluids and vitamins in it. No leaks but several attempts. Rolling away! Lol

rubysmama rubysmama It was Thrasher!

Lari Lari It is Thrasher!

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 I watched the video of Todd. I hope it was a deer. Kudos to him for getting the other cat. It sounds like that cat had a lucky escape. Whether someone kept a bad flea collar on it and that caused the neck irritation or it got out of a non break away collar, it is a very lucky cat! I am so glad he found the kitty. That cooling dog collar concerns me for the same reason. Not break away. I have seen cats get trapped by a collar caught in a fence. I can’t stress strongly enough that non break away collars are deadly. Even Velcro can catch on things with quite a grip. I suspect that has a gel filler for cooling but it would be safer to just keep cats hydrated and out of extreme heat. Maybe they make something similar for cats though. Oh! Lol I just saw your reply about the cooling collar. For the ferals I had here I froze a metal water dish of water and placed it in the shade or under a pillowcase for them. I also placed one in front of and behind a fan as sort of a swamp cooler. I often caught them laying beside the cold dishes.

tabbytom tabbytom I have been trying not to cry but when she spoke, I could not hold back anymore. My neighbors were out yelling for their dog tonight.:argh: It sent Thrasher on the move. She passed in front of a camera but so close to it she was a blur. She was back out front. The neighbors must have found the dog so later.... when all is very quiet, I will do as I did last night. I will go out in the dark and call to her again. I know she must have seen me putting out good tonight and I have a trail of catnip and catnip plants placed out for her. She can now access the cat room through the catio and window. Soon I hope to have assembled a small catio for the front of the house as well. She is out there so I have been given the best gift of all, another chance. I won’t give up.
Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Maggiedemi has taken a break from things for a bit. I talked to her and when I hear again, I will be sure to let you know. Hopefully she is back here very soon. She has some things to attend to.
It is a relief to spot Thrasher. Truthfully I was very worried that the dog might have harmed Thrasher. I think she is uninjured.

muffy muffy Those kittens are the most adorable babies! Maria Bayote Maria Bayote has posted some precious photos of them but that last one

BellaGooch BellaGooch Thank you! Keep telling her to come home!

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 I feel like I should @ to Gypsy! Lol Thank you! Call her Gypsy! She heard you!
Priceless pictures!

All together everyone! Thrasher! Come inside! You have a nice new place to explore and play in safety! Catnip for all!

Status
Not open for further replies.