My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guitar and cats! Very cool.
Why did this make me think of a certain someone? ;)

I don’t eat quiche either.
You're doing it wrong! You gotta put ketchup on top. It's the only right way. Please try again & report back. :thumbsup:

Interest? Well of course I am interesting!
Hee hee. You sure are...one of a kind. :bicolorcat:

You really need a mug that says that!
I love that mug. My family/friends on Facebook don't get my sense of humor. I posted how I wanted this mug & they thought I was crazy. What do you guys think? Fitting for a strutting girl like me? 🚶‍♀️
1615250212700.png

There it is! Goats milk!
I knew I could count on Banjo to go online & order me some goats milk with your credit card. What a thoughtful (sneaky) kitty. :lol:

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom Guitar and cats! Very cool. A cat highway would be great! We are going to check out those videos!
@dustydiamond1 So many kitties! We need lots of hopes wishes and prayers for them.

@Lari The same hopes and prayers are still being said for your Aunt’s kitty too.

@rubysmama Bonjure loves his portrait! He says he still looks just like a kitten.:lol:

@Furballsmom Such a big little man! Lol He and Poppy have a lot in common.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Bonjure is so happy you like black floofs. He fluffed his tail and washed his paws a little extra after that. Lol
I would love to do the Cat camp! Trap King is someone I nearly bumped elbows with. I wish I had. He is from an area that is near where I really want some changes to take place.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Check out those videos. We did and they are great. Jackson and all the cat houses as well as the cat people like Fulton are so fantastic.

N NY cat man I don’t eat quiche either. Lol My mom loved to make it and could not understand why her husband didn’t like it but then her daughter rejected it too! Horrors! Maybe she just didn’t make a great quiche?:oops:

M maggiedemi It really is all in de tails. Especially floof tails. Bonjure does a lot of dusting here.
Goats milk? IDK. I haven’t tried it!

Tax time everyone! Banjo must take over for a bit. The hooman will return.

I’m going to help do the taxes. Add all this? We paid in all this? Unh.
View attachment 372610
De duck tions.🦆 We have ducks?
View attachment 372611
Medical? I don’t want to think about vets!
View attachment 372612
Interest? Well of course I am interesting!
View attachment 372613
My goodness! This is not as much fun as I thought! Cats are smart. They pay with purrs.
View attachment 372614
Hooman , I think you have too many papers. Let’s just shred them. I’m good at that!
View attachment 372615
I think I’m going to help by cat sitting and give you back your coffee mug.
View attachment 372616
This is all making me feel a bit hoomany.
View attachment 372617
You really need a mug that says that!
Or better yet, Hoomany before catnip!
View attachment 372618
Now, I’m going online.
View attachment 372619
Where can I find....,
View attachment 372620
There it is! Goats milk!
View attachment 372621
When it gets here, fill my mug with that!
View attachment 372622
This post Banjo approved.
:bicolorcat::bluepaw:
Will do! I haven't gotten around to looking at it yet, but will soon.

Oh, Banjo is catty without her coffee. I am a complete grump without caffeine, so I understand Banjo.😉 And then when I drink a lot of coffee :drinking:-- I get like this :runaround:maybe I should cut down just a little.🤏 I will have to see.

Husky44

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well we felt sorry for this feral or dumped cat and started feeding her. Spent the first year running away from us and spent almost two-years outside. Now she's a spoiled 99% indoor cat. We're both retired and lifelong dog owners, now cat owners (no one owns a cat).
IMG_1274.jpg

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Well we felt sorry for this feral or dumped cat and started feeding her. Spent the first year running away from us and spent almost two-years outside. Now she's a spoiled 99% indoor cat. We're both retired and lifelong dog owners, now cat owners (no one owns a cat).
View attachment 372709
Welcome to to TCS and the wonderful world of cats. What a beauty! So she adopted you--feel honored! I hope you find many helpful threads here on living with cats. I take care of outdoor kitties and believe me there are some sweeties out there who would love to be adopted. I have had no success yet, but hopefully soon. I also have indoor kitties, love cats and animals in general. I see you owned Huskies, Huskies and Malamutes are my favorite dog breeds. Gorgeous dogs!

Well, welcome once again also thank you for taking this lovely gal in and giving her a good home. I am sure she is so grateful to be off the streets.

:purr:

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I believe it was Lillian Jackson Braun who said, "There is a certain destiny that leads a hungry cat to the right doorstep," H Husky44 . I've found that to be true (which is how I ended up feeding between 7-12 ferals...was closer to 20, but this year has been hard on them). WELCOME!

Bonnie baby, you handsome, feisty little man you ;)😘
Isn't he, though? And good thing his nickname is "Bonnie." If it were "Jurey," we'd all be looking for diamond bracelets!

Real men allow as how they are owned by cats- but they still don't eat quiche.
HAH! Real (smart) men eat whatever their wives put in front of them (including quiche), say, "Thank you, Dear, that was delicious!" and walk away with their skin intact. Or that's what my father told me. Then again, there is quiche and there is QUICHE! I frequently make mine with bell pepper, onions, and pepperoni. Or bell peppers, onion, and hamburger meat seasoned with taco seasoning, and sour cream on the side. I've even done pineapple and ham quiche, but you really have to drain the pineapple and the ham thoroughly! Real men regularly eat both eggs and cheese, and that's all quiche is...an egg and cheese pie.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
H Husky44 That is a very beautiful kitty! Thank you for rescuing kitty! I guess it took some time to convince her to come in but now she knows how wonderful inside life can be with wonderful and compassionate humans! She has such gorgeous eyes too. We love kitties here but many of us have been doggie owners. You are right though, no one owns a cat. I think they own us! Lol Welcome! What is her name? I hope you will explore TCS and we are very glad to have you and family here. :welcomesign::purr:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom It’s sad that Tama passed away but she had a great life there and besides being loved by so many, she taught others how wonderful it is to have a kitty in your life. She provided for humans there and for cats everywhere.

BellaGooch BellaGooch John Fulton is a real cat lover. One of the videos I watched was of him singing a cat song in a crowd of humans. They all joined in the cat song. Really sweet.
Cat mugs? I have a few. Funny but the cats have claimed one of the. In particular, BJ liked his water from that mug. I guess I don’t really own that one. :lol:

N NY cat man Yay! Money back!:bunnydance::woo::dance: Take the money and run. That’s great that it evened out plus some. Extra cat treats?:lol:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 The preparer I use has helped me figure things out pretty close to what I owe. I really hate to pay anything in at the end of the season but sometimes I have to pay a bit too. Last year I got lucky and the Federal was a slight overage and it went as a credit. I hope that helps. I really would be willing to pay them with purrs but I can’t do that as well as Banjo. Lol

It’s so good to hear that Tama cat left a place for others to come in to the station. She provided for others.

M maggiedemi Ketchup? Okay. Many I know think everything is better with ketchup. I should have known I was doing it wrong.
Guitars and cats? Yep! I should have thought of that too!;)
I think the mug you posted is funny. Not everyone has such a good sense of humor. Smiles go a very long way and should always be shared. Maybe your laughter will spread.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose I can go without coffe but I do like it. I once traveled with a group to a remote place. No coffe! I had a small jar of instant with me but just skipped it. When I realized the serious “need” for morning coffee for members of the group, I mentioned that I had the instant.:lol: I nearly got trampled! :running:Each morning I had company waiting for me. From instant coffee to instant friendships.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I think Bonnie is a diamond if the fluff! Lol He prefers to hang around my neck though so I guess he is more a necklace than a bracelet.:lol:

Well, the ham quiche sounds yummy! I think I agree with BellaGooch BellaGooch I am beginning to crave quiche even though I never liked it when mother made it. Maybe we need to host a TCS food party! Lol That would be fun!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 372709
That is one beautiful cat! Thank you for giving her a home.

Which reminds me, the newest cat I plucked off the street turned out to be pregnant. Last night while I was in the shower I hear tiny kitty sounds and when I came out, I saw 4 tiny rascals. LOL.

I did not know she was pregnant. I always thought its belly was a bit lumpy due to over eating or worms. I also though it was a "he". The vet schedule is next week only. So now I have 4 additional again.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote I had that happen with one of my early rescues! I thought the she was a he! I hadn’t had kittens around in years but I must say, I did enjoy the adorable little ones! I hadn’t planned on babies and had brought the kitties in with the idea of getting them neutered. Brothers, or so I thought! One day one of them came out of the back of a tall stereo speaker and I heard kittens! Wha....! All the floof fur had hidden the facts! I was just very glad I had brought her in BEFORE she gave birth. I am very glad you did too. Those kittens won’t become ferals or struggle later on. You saved five lives at once without knowing. I am sure it was a shock but it’s going to be a blessing for the babies. I don’t know if you can get pictures but I sure would like to see those baby faces! They have such precious little ears and when they start toddling around their little tails are like fur flags! :cloud9:Congratulations on multiple rescues!:clap2::rock::goldstar::redheartpump:
:lovecat3::lovecat3::lovecat3::lovecat3::happycat:

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote I had that happen with one of my early rescues! I thought the she was a he! I hadn’t had kittens around in years but I must say, I did enjoy the adorable little ones! I hadn’t planned on babies and had brought the kitties in with the idea of getting them neutered. Brothers, or so I thought! One day one of them came out of the back of a tall stereo speaker and I heard kittens! Wha....! All the floof fur had hidden the facts! I was just very glad I had brought her in BEFORE she gave birth. I am very glad you did too. Those kittens won’t become ferals or struggle later on. You saved five lives at once without knowing. I am sure it was a shock but it’s going to be a blessing for the babies. I don’t know if you can get pictures but I sure would like to see those baby faces! They have such precious little ears and when they start toddling around their little tails are like fur flags! :cloud9:Congratulations on multiple rescues!:clap2::rock::goldstar::redheartpump:
:lovecat3::lovecat3::lovecat3::lovecat3::happycat:
It was a shock, as I really thought I rescued a male cat. LOL. 3 days back I was video calling my son back home in my country and debating with him why the cat's belly seemed a bit bigger. My son said, "Worms!" so we were both laughing and assuring him at the same time that the vet sched is in a few days, and we'd get rid of the "worms".

Momma cat is a very sweet and quiet cat, and right before she gave birth nothing seemed off. She was in her usual self, lounging on my feet. It was when in the middle of my shower that I suddenly heard kitty sounds, and thought it came from the rooftop. When I came out of the shower, all my resident cats were looking at the same direction, and there they were, 4 tiny creatures huddled together with the momma cat whom I thought was a male. LOL. I never knew that a cat giving birth is that fast.

I will take pictures after a few days when they are a bit bigger. My husband and I were also talking about how the kitties could be adopted out soon. We will see.

Graham was frantic last night. She was very curious about the kitties and her zoomies were out of this world. :lol:

So does this mean that I cannot take the momma cat off to be fixed yet, as she will be nursing? Am I right?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Banjo made me stop working on my taxes. Since she was bored by doing paperwork, she was watching over the Clowder for me. Lol Lady was calling and she was at the front door. Banjo insisted that I get up.

What are you doing that makes Banjo want me to attend to things?
943BF32A-79F4-4667-9A20-698E8B3274AB.jpeg

I know if you are by the door you want to go for a walk but .....
B69A41DB-3B26-4490-B016-6F04B98CC89B.jpeg

Wait a minute! What have you got?
7D40E782-D751-4143-90ED-E77F091717C9.jpeg

That’s a Froggie.
E026C546-95F7-4C69-B91C-06D25018CEF7.jpeg

Yes. Banjo told me Froggie wants a walk.
9E9F2748-162E-429D-A6C3-6CFA15A05912.jpeg

So.... take us out know purrlease!
C83F4408-8C01-4022-8208-55B568868BA0.jpeg

Lady. Isn’t this Banjo’s favorite toy?
9E7D3D34-906C-4B36-8992-6BDE883ECACD.jpeg

Is it?
0FBCFE6A-E0E4-4FC6-84A5-FD3DF31E0C67.jpeg

You don’t want me to help by walking Froggie?
AB7A1260-E5C9-4004-B2AB-816F01A3C92B.jpeg

Well....my toy wants a walk too!
AA16F7E6-195F-49D3-8AAA-9C55B5FFA6EE.jpeg

We’ll need my harnesss.....
130A0A7B-867E-4E60-9731-9864F1E43C4B.jpeg

And a really tiny harness for my toy!
0FFB1595-5130-4846-8156-609CB83E9129.jpeg

If my neighbors don’t talk yet, they are about to start! I do have a really tiny harness. :lol:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote I never get nursing moms spayed. It can be done a bit later but if kittens are not weaned it is painful for the mom to have them still nursing. Personally I think that is I’ll advised. Mom can come back into heat before the babies are weaned though. She must be kept from unmetered males. Around here the shelters want to start adoptions at about six weeks but I never agreed with that. Kittens need longer with the mom to avoid separation anxiety and a life long obsession with sucking on things like blankets or towels. (Or humans! Lol) Eight weeks is about the time some mom cats begin to push the kittens away. They can be on solid food before that and that will help mom cat a lot! I always made sure kittens were eating very well on their own before the spay. As things go along you can post updates and everyone can provide info if you need it. I love watching kittens when they discover how yummy solid food tastes! They climb right into the dish and suck it up at first! Little wobbly babies and furry tummies! Sometimes it tastes so good they purr or have baby growls as they eat. I guess these worms are much nicer than the regular kind! Lol It is very possible that mom actually does have worms but first things first! I’m sorry it was such a shock but if you must have a shock, these will be the cutest kind to have. You can help mom early on by giving her some kitten milk supplement if you can get it. Later the kittens may drink it with mom or you can add some to solid food to help the babies learn to eat.

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote I never get nursing moms spayed. It can be done a bit later but if kittens are not weaned it is painful for the mom to have them still nursing. Personally I think that is I’ll advised. Mom can come back into heat before the babies are weaned though. She must be kept from unmetered males. Around here the shelters want to start adoptions at about six weeks but I never agreed with that. Kittens need longer with the mom to avoid separation anxiety and a life long obsession with sucking on things like blankets or towels. (Or humans! Lol) Eight weeks is about the time some mom cats begin to push the kittens away. They can be on solid food before that and that will help mom cat a lot! I always made sure kittens were eating very well on their own before the spay. As things go along you can post updates and everyone can provide info if you need it. I love watching kittens when they discover how yummy solid food tastes! They climb right into the dish and suck it up at first! Little wobbly babies and furry tummies! Sometimes it tastes so good they purr or have baby growls as they eat. I guess these worms are much nicer than the regular kind! Lol It is very possible that mom actually does have worms but first things first! I’m sorry it was such a shock but if you must have a shock, these will be the cutest kind to have. You can help mom early on by giving her some kitten milk supplement if you can get it. Later the kittens may drink it with mom or you can add some to solid food to help the babies learn to eat.
OK, Thanks so much for the advice. Will do.

I will post updates and photos as days go on. :)

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe it was Lillian Jackson Braun who said, "There is a certain destiny that leads a hungry cat to the right doorstep," H Husky44 . I've found that to be true (which is how I ended up feeding between 7-12 ferals...was closer to 20, but this year has been hard on them). WELCOME!

Isn't he, though? And good thing his nickname is "Bonnie." If it were "Jurey," we'd all be looking for diamond bracelets!

HAH! Real (smart) men eat whatever their wives put in front of them (including quiche), say, "Thank you, Dear, that was delicious!" and walk away with their skin intact. Or that's what my father told me. Then again, there is quiche and there is QUICHE! I frequently make mine with bell pepper, onions, and pepperoni. Or bell peppers, onion, and hamburger meat seasoned with taco seasoning, and sour cream on the side. I've even done pineapple and ham quiche, but you really have to drain the pineapple and the ham thoroughly! Real men regularly eat both eggs and cheese, and that's all quiche is...an egg and cheese pie.
Sorry; but for me, pie contains apples, cherries, pumpkin, mincemeat, rhubarb, blueberries, or pecans- not eggs. That just sounds so.........fluffy, which in a cat is fine, but in a pie? Not so much.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Experts recommend not adopting kittens below 12 weeks of age. Let them stay with their mom. And never spay a nursing queen! Her milk would dry up. She needs that to feed her babies.
Ketchup, Jcatbird Jcatbird ? One of my many jobs was at a newspaper, which was bought by a company based in Georgia. They sent personnel out to reshuffle things. Newspaper people tend to be like a family, and a lot of us would go out to lunch and/or dinner together. Right away, I noticed the Georgians putting ketchup on EVERYTHING. Is it a cultural thing, or just a personal preference? Maybe a bit of both?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 372709
What a gorgeous panfur! *And once you go CAT, you never go back!*

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man I agree! Fluff for kitties. Lol I do love corn soufflé though. I never have been much on pie unless it is Boston Creme. I like my fruit right from the tree or vibe if possible. Lol

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote I happen to agree with tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 on waiting until 12 weeks for kittens to be with their moms. They need time to become more independent. I know some areas push for earlier adoptions but waiting is much better for kittens and the mom. You’ll see her starting to wean them when she is ready.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Ketchup on everything is not something I do. I do see it a lot here and guess it is a cultural thing. Tomatoes being plentiful here, they are everywhere in season. It’s a long season too. Peppers, rice, mayonnaise, seafood and many other things are seen a lot here. Grits, cornbread, biscuits too. Sweet tea is something in almost every home. ( not here) Somehow I missed the boat on most of that stuff. Lol Rice and any corn product are fine with me! I can’t have wheat flour so I really miss fluffy biscuits. In the case of biscuits, fluffy is good! Of course peaches are big here too. Love peaches!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man I agree! Fluff for kitties. Lol I do love corn soufflé though. I never have been much on pie unless it is Boston Creme. I like my fruit right from the tree or vibe if possible. Lol

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote I happen to agree with tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 on waiting until 12 weeks for kittens to be with their moms. They need time to become more independent. I know some areas push for earlier adoptions but waiting is much better for kittens and the mom. You’ll see her starting to wean them when she is ready.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Ketchup on everything is not something I do. I do see it a lot here and guess it is a cultural thing. Tomatoes being plentiful here, they are everywhere in season. It’s a long season too. Peppers, rice, mayonnaise, seafood and many other things are seen a lot here. Grits, cornbread, biscuits too. Sweet tea is something in almost every home. ( not here) Somehow I missed the boat on most of that stuff. Lol Rice and any corn product are fine with me! I can’t have wheat flour so I really miss fluffy biscuits. In the case of biscuits, fluffy is good! Of course peaches are big here too. Love peaches!
I love every one of those foods. Not so much on the ketchup. But my dad's people being from Texas, that's all familiar to me along with greens, which I love, and then some other stuff I would never eat again (animal products. I prefer mine oinking.) I could eat grits 3 times a day, every day, preferably with greens on the side, and how about some peach cobbler for dessert? *Now I'm making myself hungry. No extra charge for that, to anyone else who's also feeling that.*:crackup:
Pies? I guess I love 'em all. Mom used to make a really nice one with Dark N' Sweet pudding. Put whipped cream on top and you've really got somethin'. Also love butterscotch cream, vanilla cream, coconut cream, and yes! Boston Creme. I'll donate my share of lemon meringue to anyone who wants it. Key lime? Yes please! We had Howard Johnson's and House of Pies out here and they were both favorite places to get coffee. *Pie? Now would I do that?*:crazy: I like fruit, too, just as it is. I've given up all the sugar-laden stuff in favor of a mandarin or a tangelo or some cherries or pineapple or a mango...or...or...🍊🍐🥭🍍🍒🥥🥝🍈

Status
Not open for further replies.