My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds just like a feral cat.
They were actually really friendly! Because all their predators are in the water, they're fearless on land. So they would have let me go up to them and pet them - it was the rules we had to follow with our group and may just be Antarctica rules in general, to keep things natural and not disturb the wildlife unless they choose it.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The penguin description ("loud and will poop everywhere") brings to mind humans, actually...especially babies :gaah: 💩
Brave Whistle! :heartshape::goldstar:
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 ADORABLE pix! How's it working out for her?
Well, the story of the car isn't happy. I wanted the car at first sight. Ex didn't. I did everything I could to convince him. We bought it. Turns out it had front-end damage that the dealer didn't tell us about (hence the rep of used car dealers) and for anyone familiar with Benzes, they're great cars but NOTHING is cheap about them. Especially repairs. Anyway, the wood rats had a field day with it as it spent its time parked on our land (you don't drive a sedan in the Mojave. It's an SUV or a truck, or nothing.) and should have had a sign on it saying, "RAT BUFFET. ALL YOU CAN EAT!" So after they had their fill and my ex dumped me/us, he ended up giving the car to the wreckers. :angrywoman: After I was moved down here, of course.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My oldest friend's dad loved penguins. They were his favorite animal, she told me.
Come to think of it, I love llamas myself. Some might consider that an unusual choice. So I'll let my brother have his penguins. :thumbsup:

She slipped out of what I thought was her secure new Rabbitgoo harness yesterday.
Demi slipped out of his walking jacket too. It took 2 days to get him to come out of the woods. 😩

I hope the winds of time blow a special home to the right place very soon.
Everyone will sit under their own vine and under their own fig tree, and no one will make them afraid. ;)

Okay Banjo. I’m ready.
My angel Lady makes the perfect cover girl. ❤

Can we keep him? :redheartpump::redheartpump: I love him deerly!
Hee hee. Best play on words ever. :hugs:

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Penguins are awesome, but they're a bit loud and will poop anywhere. When I was in Antarctica, you couldn't go to them and touch them, they had to choose to come by you.
Wow, you visited Antartica!!!:jawdrop::noway: I would love to visit there. I have been to Alaska and loved it. I was :cloud9:. Not many people could say they been to Antartica. You go girl! World Traveller!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, you visited Antartica!!!:jawdrop::noway: I would love to visit there. I have been to Alaska and loved it. I was :cloud9:. Not many people could say they been to Antartica. You go girl! World Traveller!
I have! Back in February/March of 2007. And all seven continents as of December 2019 (Australia was last). I really miss traveling already, but I know I've been very fortunate.

This is a screenshot of me and a penguin from a little video my dad took. I sat and he came to me.
FB_IMG_1614767799679.jpg

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
I have! Back in February/March of 2007. And all seven continents as of December 2019 (Australia was last). I really miss traveling already, but I know I've been very fortunate.

This is a screenshot of me and a penguin from a little video my dad took. I sat and he came to me.
View attachment 372090
Wow! You have had experiences most people would never have. You are a world traveller. I am amazed. Love the Penguin by the way. They are special little guys. Sorry, I just couldn't resist sharing Happy Feet gif. 💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari that’s wonderful! Such a lovely picture. The penguin looks so inquisitive and cute, Lol!
Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose that’s also so wonderful! What time of year did you go? A family friend moved to Alaska a few years ago, and they love it!
In August years ago on a cruise of the Inside Passage (Juneau, Skagway, Keitchkan and Glacier Bay National Park (at sea). It is rugged, but beautiful. I felt so alive over there, close to nature. I highly recommend it.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Is everything okay there?

Lari Lari That is so amazing that you have been to all continents! The photo with the penguin is absolutely precious. That little penguin has the sweetest expression. You made a friend there! They may be fearless on land but I doubt that everyone would have a penguin come up and sit with them. Like all crratures, they must sense what is safe and which other creatures put off good vibes.

N NY cat man You are some funny! It does sound like a feral cat! :lol: Only one difference.....Cats like Digger!

tabbytom tabbytom Yes. The Cat Channelgot my imagination going. Of course I could not have done that alone. Banjo, Lady and Whistle had to help their old hooman. What would I do without them?

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 That is so sad about such a nice car. I know it must have been awful to discover the rats had eaten it! That was a five star restaurant.:disappointed:
M maggiedemi I like that about everyone having their own vine and fig tree. It sounds peaceful and purrfect.
I know you do love llamas. Just remember if you ever meet one, don’t turn your back on it because they love to munch on long hair! I made that mistake myself! Lol
Lady, Whistle and the others love you deerly too!

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Not everyone has been to Alaska either! I would love to go there. I bet it did make you feel very alive and close to nature. It must have been exciting!

The “Happy Feet” made me smile! I love little dancing penguins!

BellaGooch BellaGooch Your friends love it in Alaska? I have often thought I would like to go there. A few of my friends have been there or lived there and they all loved it. One sent me a piece of black jade from there. Very cool since I love rocks.

I know you can pan for gold there. In case I ever get that chance, I practice panning for gold in the litter boxes.:lol:

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The rumbling of thunder continued awhile last night. Or did it?

A soundly sleeping Kodiak.
6F99B1B1-6F32-4684-8F60-99B1B7C97F88.jpeg

In the nearby corner of the sofa, a soundly sleeping Muffin.
537CE896-507D-4877-A0B3-F100D4E9788F.jpeg

I felt the ground tremble!
EE80D7E6-7F2A-42FB-A6C8-7ED8D413198E.jpeg

That thunder is really loud! Did you hear that Muffin?
F0822B25-FFD6-436A-B006-E4F564698C3D.jpeg

Now you’re dreaming Kodiak. I didn’t hear thunder.
29B2422A-E276-4814-A839-22423987D4C0.jpeg

Huh! It stopped!
5FE9BDFC-7587-4348-B416-4666BF1144D2.jpeg

Yeah, well don’t wake me up again. A Muffin needs her sleep. All you dreaming cats are making me tired!
C5362AF9-B5B8-44BD-B71E-14FF8BD33D05.jpeg

Back to being a sleeping Muffin.
F29946A4-BB2B-486D-A0A5-33E488CFC04F.jpeg

Oh. I guess I won’t be going back to sleep! That’s not thunder. It’s a Muffin explosion!
C34F0DC6-D93E-41D7-BF13-8A0D596ADF80.jpeg

Snorrrrre! Snore! Snore! :sleepycat:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, sorry I've been incognito but lots of stuff going on. We're all fine. Gypsy was with her dad when she slipped the harness. They were very close to home when it happened and she hightailed right up the stairs. Not sure who was more surprised her or furdad. :wavey:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 372110
View attachment 372111
View attachment 372112
View attachment 372113
View attachment 372114
Huh! It stopped!
View attachment 372115
Yeah, well don’t wake me up again. A Muffin needs her sleep. All you dreaming cats are making me tired!
View attachment 372116
View attachment 372117
Oh. I guess I won’t be going back to sleep! That’s not thunder. It’s a Muffin explosion!
View attachment 372118
Awww, sweetly snoring, sleeping, curled and comfy Chez Catbird clowderites (Yes, that's a word. I just made it up.) -- so adorable! Cat snoring is wonderful (unlike most of the human variety)!
Yes, a 5-Star Rat Restaurant. Serving ratatouille, one would think. I still miss that car.
M maggiedemi you probably don't know where another very famous use of that Biblical passage originated as you're probably not a follower of roots reggae. If you have heard of Bob Marley and the Wailers, though, you may have seen that the original Wailer who used that in a song, Bro. Bunny Wailer, passed two days ago. He was one of my favorite and one of the greatest reggae artists.

View attachment 372110
View attachment 372111
View attachment 372112
View attachment 372113
View attachment 372114
Huh! It stopped!
View attachment 372115
View attachment 372116
View attachment 372117
View attachment 372118
Cat snores are so cute. Unlike the human variety.
Such an adorable curling of cats! They look so comfortable among the soft blankets.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd like to ask for some good thoughts and prayers on this thread if that's okay? My twin aunts found out their nearly 17 year old cat has stage 4 kidney disease and they have to change her diet and give her iv fluids and stuff. They're feeling terrible they didn't get her into the vet regularly these past few years to catch it sooner (they were caring for my 99 year old grandma up until 11 months ago, only one can drive and it was a full time demanding job, and then the pandemic happened). So if anyone wants to offer prayers for Belle that she can put on some weight again and have a good quality of life a little longer, I'd appreciate it. :redheartpump:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd like to ask for some good thoughts and prayers on this thread if that's okay? My twin aunts found out their nearly 17 year old cat has stage 4 kidney disease and they have to change her diet and give her iv fluids and stuff. They're feeling terrible they didn't get her into the vet regularly these past few years to catch it sooner (they were caring for my 99 year old grandma up until 11 months ago, only one can drive and it was a full time demanding job, and then the pandemic happened). So if anyone wants to offer prayers for Belle that she can put on some weight again and have a good quality of life a little longer, I'd appreciate it. :redheartpump:
Heartfelt *PRAYERS* for sweet Belle!
Cats being obligate carnivores are very, very prone to kidney disease, as the kidneys are the body's natural filters of impurities and wastes. When our beloved Moti angel developed CRF, I learned from our vet how to give sub-Q (not IV. It is given through the skin. Not difficult.) I put her in her top-loading carrier on the bathroom counter, and hooked a hanger with the bag of fluid on the shower rail across from the counter. It was easy to administer this way, and she was very patient. It bought us 7 good months together, for which I will always be grateful. There are kidney diets for cats, but I did not feed as I don't think they're very high quality or very palatable. She ate her usual high quality foods the entire time.

Status
Not open for further replies.