My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! So many great posts and I just played Cat ch up! ;)
Precious magazine covers BellaGooch BellaGooch Stilllaughing at Froggie and family making a cover with Banjo. She does dream of a Froggie pool.
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Yes! Better short sickness than long one.
N NY cat man If only we had you to take care of us! I know you would take great care. Thank you for your service!
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I would like a subscription to a TCS magazine too! Lol I think we already do thanks to BellaGooch BellaGooch We’ve had some other covers that were also very cute. Now we have two magazines to watch for! Lol I have always known the kitties there should be featured on a cover! Purrfectly beautiful!
As for plants and climate, Mother Nature has a way of sending birds to bring us local plants and flowers that just grow without problems. I’ll take those any day! Thanks to the birdies and beasties and the winds of time.

Lari Lari Iagree that if I am going to get a vaccine, I want my doctor involved. He knows my medical history best.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose I love our little possums and find them to be great at cleaning up around here. Friendly little guys to the cats too! I think my Smokey learned how to “play possum” from them. When I was taking her to the vet in younger days she would act as though she had fainted. Totally limp but we knew she was okay because she would keep one eye on the vet at all times. It cracked the vet up when she first saw her do this. She is friends with the vet now though. No need to play possum anymore.

M maggiedemi Plant them she will come!;)🍓
Yes. Very tired and more so tonight. I spent my day chasing flooring. I got my refund and no restocking fee. More about all that later though.

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Dear Friendly Tom! Poor kitty has had a hard time but now he has a much better chance. I hope he recovers quickly. I think he looks a bit better. Love and care can do that! He is so beautiful. Surely a home will come.:vibes::redheartpump::lovecat4::lovecat2:
Hoping the drop trap works to get the kitten too.
Thank you. As a columnist for a Buffalo paper- who served under and had a medal pinned on by Patton- once put it: "I wouldn't have missed it for a million dollars. I wouldn't do it again for two million dollars".

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, rubysmama rubysmama -- no, I hadn't! Quite a colorful borb!
N NY cat man Yes, thank you for your service! After my dad's memorial at Riverside National Cemetery I received a beautiful document thanking him, complete with GW Bush's signature and seal. I ordered a bunch and sent them to family members. Mine is framed in the living room with his flag in a beautiful case on the mantelpiece. The case is the most beautiful one I've ever seen -- my oldest friend's husband made it.
IMG_1740.JPG

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man Yes, thank you for your service! After my dad's memorial at Riverside National Cemetery I received a beautiful document thanking him, complete with GW Bush's signature and seal. I ordered a bunch and sent them to family members. Mine is framed in the living room with his flag in a beautiful case on the mantelpiece. The case is the most beautiful one I've ever seen -- my oldest friend's husband made it. View attachment 371920
That's a nice piece of craftsmanship you have there. I envy his talents.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man Yes, thank you for your service! After my dad's memorial at Riverside National Cemetery I received a beautiful document thanking him, complete with GW Bush's signature and seal. I ordered a bunch and sent them to family members. Mine is framed in the living room with his flag in a beautiful case on the mantelpiece. The case is the most beautiful one I've ever seen -- my oldest friend's husband made it. View attachment 371920
What a gorgeous case!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No; it was my duty to keep people alive. You pronounce it as CORE-man, not corpseman
Thanks for explaining and not making fun of my silly question. :hugs:

I just played Cat ch up!
Ha! I like that saying. :tabbycat:

Thanks to the birdies and beasties and the winds of time.
Pretty words! Winds of time... 🌬🕰

Surely a home will come.
I can relate. ;)

The search may have revealed some fairly good options and I came home with lots of samples.
This reminds me of when I was kid and dad was getting samples at the lumberyard/home store. It was so much fun to play there, I loved taking home all the little card samples. :)

I don’t think we have the room for rescued Penguins.
OMG. My brother is obsessed with penguins! Every time I talk about how much I love cats, he will say "I wish I had a penguin. I would love to pet a penguin." So weird & random! A penguin of all things?!!! 🐧

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for explaining and not making fun of my silly question. :hugs:

Ha! I like that saying. :tabbycat:

Pretty words! Winds of time... 🌬🕰

I can relate. ;)

This reminds me of when I was kid and dad was getting samples at the lumberyard/home store. It was so much fun to play there, I loved taking home all the little card samples. :)

OMG. My brother is obsessed with penguins! Every time I talk about how much I love cats, he will say "I wish I had a penguin. I would love to pet a penguin." So weird & random! A penguin of all things?!!! 🐧
My oldest friend's dad loved penguins. They were his favorite animal, she told me. They are pretty amazing, looking like little fat men in tuxedoes and all.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! So many great posts and I just played Cat ch up! ;)
Precious magazine covers BellaGooch BellaGooch Stilllaughing at Froggie and family making a cover with Banjo. She does dream of a Froggie pool.
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Yes! Better short sickness than long one.
N NY cat man If only we had you to take care of us! I know you would take great care. Thank you for your service!
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I would like a subscription to a TCS magazine too! Lol I think we already do thanks to BellaGooch BellaGooch We’ve had some other covers that were also very cute. Now we have two magazines to watch for! Lol I have always known the kitties there should be featured on a cover! Purrfectly beautiful!
As for plants and climate, Mother Nature has a way of sending birds to bring us local plants and flowers that just grow without problems. I’ll take those any day! Thanks to the birdies and beasties and the winds of time.

Lari Lari Iagree that if I am going to get a vaccine, I want my doctor involved. He knows my medical history best.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose I love our little possums and find them to be great at cleaning up around here. Friendly little guys to the cats too! I think my Smokey learned how to “play possum” from them. When I was taking her to the vet in younger days she would act as though she had fainted. Totally limp but we knew she was okay because she would keep one eye on the vet at all times. It cracked the vet up when she first saw her do this. She is friends with the vet now though. No need to play possum anymore.

M maggiedemi Plant them she will come!;)🍓
Yes. Very tired and more so tonight. I spent my day chasing flooring. I got my refund and no restocking fee. More about all that later though.

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Dear Friendly Tom! Poor kitty has had a hard time but now he has a much better chance. I hope he recovers quickly. I think he looks a bit better. Love and care can do that! He is so beautiful. Surely a home will come.:vibes::redheartpump::lovecat4::lovecat2:
Hoping the drop trap works to get the kitten too.
:lol: :lol: :lol: That is funny--Smokey learning how to play Opposum. Well, he learned from the best! I had baby opposums a good while ago sneak into my feedings. The cats weren't bothered by them, but the little ones were so small they stood in the food bowls I put out and ate that way. They were cute and sweet. Precious little babies. :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol: :lol: :lol: That is funny--Smokey learning how to play Opposum. Well, he learned from the best! I had baby opposums a good while ago sneak into my feedings. The cats weren't bothered by them, but the little ones were so small they stood in the food bowls I put out and ate that way. They were cute and sweet. Precious little babies. :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:
In the Mojave there are pack rats (also known as wood rats). They eat anything. We used to put dishes of rabbit pellets out for the cottontails and jackrabbits, and there was (I think) one particular wood rat who'd come and eat some, then do a handstands in the bowl, sort of grinning at us. He was VERY funny. They ate the wiring and firewall out of our Benz. :rolleyes: TRULY omnivorous.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
In the Mojave there are pack rats (also known as wood rats). They eat anything. We used to put dishes of rabbit pellets out for the cottontails and jackrabbits, and there was (I think) one particular wood rat who'd come and eat some, then do a handstands in the bowl, sort of grinning at us. He was VERY funny. They ate the wiring and firewall out of our Benz. :rolleyes: TRULY omnivorous.
That was one happy wood rat! Rats teeth are always growing so they eat just about anything to pare down those little chompers. They can be quiet destructive at times. Sorry that they chewed through the wires in your Benz. What a headache.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
New critter in trap needing rehomed, not racoon or buzzard or cat
IT'S AUSSOM THE POSSUM'S COUSIN! I dote on o'possums! They're just so sweet! Aussome eats with the cats a few nights a week. LOL, I can't tell you how often I've said, "AUSSOME! Back up! I have to refill that dish!" And he always does. ONE. STEP!

You know, IF you had the time, you could start a thread. I'll be lots of members would love to have their cats featured on that magazine! I know I would!

No; it was my duty to keep people alive. You pronounce it as CORE-man, not corpseman
My elder spawn was a medic in the Army, now in the Reserves. Was a wonder to me. He had every computer certification known to man, but they looked at the 6'10" 260 pound critter and said, "OH YEAH! We're gonna put you on a battlefield with a BIG RED CROSS on your back, since you'll be the biggest thing out there other than the tanks." However, medics being regarded as they are by BOTH sides of any fight, that may have been the safest place for him! And yes, THANK YOU for your service!

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, IF you had the time, you could start a thread. I'll be lots of members would love to have their cats featured on that magazine! I know I would!
I’ve definitely thought about it, but I think it would be too much. I think I’ll stick with this thread for a while if that’s okay with you guys. And feel free to send pictures of your cats! I’ll gladly make one for you!!!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BellaGooch BellaGooch Nope! No penguins with the kitties. He might try to eat fishie! ;)

tabbytom tabbytom I was inspired by your “cat channel” when I did that post!:lol:

N NY cat man Well, you and others who serve are worth two million and more!:salam: Where would we all be without you? Oh, and I have seen your craftsmanship! I wish I could do what you do

rubysmama rubysmama Well, it was a wild dream but what else would we expect since it was Banjo? Small cat, big dreams.:lol:
Someone did send me that link about the penguin. Isn’t it beautiful?!?!? Imagine spotting that! I guess it was a “dream” shot for that photographer. You posted that at the Purrfect moment! :)

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 How beautiful for your Dad to be honored with that document. Then you honored him even more by sending the document to share with family.One step further when the friend’s husband made that exquisite case for the flag. A lot of thought went into the making of that case. It honors you too. We are all grateful for his service. He was obviously greatly loved too.
Penguins are like little guys in a tuxedo! Lol Waddling walks!
The pack rat did handstands while eating? Maybe he was sending rat speak for ,” bottoms up!” Awful that he ate wiring though! I have heard of them doing that to other vehicles but . ones there had expensive taste!

Lari Lari Agreed! A beautiful case.

M maggiedemi I hope the winds of time blow a special home to the right place very soon. ;)

Your brother wants to pet a penguin?:)Different but I like them too. I wonder if the feathers are soft? Probably a little like a duck?

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Aww! I can just imagine the baby possums in the fish eating! Kittens do that when they start eating and it always makes me smile!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Aussom is awesome! I have some favorite possums here too.
Please offer thanks to your spawn for serving too! I am grateful.
BellaGooch BellaGooch Aww! Of course we want you to stick here with us! I am always so glad to see you posting and I love the magazine covers. They always give me a ,much needed ,laugh. I know they are a lot of work and time consuming but hopefully Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 will post a photo of Hekitty and a bit about her stink eye or love of special foods so she can become a cover girl too! I think all feral and rescued cats must dream of being cover cats. I know that Banjo and all the others here and on the thread have stars in their eyes and big kitty dreams. :catman:Except maybe for Bonjure. He still dreams of being a little tiny kitten. :lol::purr:

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Gypsy! :jawdrop:She pulled a Houdini! I know that must have startled you! Did she stick close by or dash around? She looks pretty happy with herself in that second photo. Is she safe? Are you okay?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M movinintime If we can help you here we will and of course everyone here will welcome you. A thread specific to your kitty’s medical needs would be most beneficial to you but you can certainly start off here and if anyone already here can help, I know they will. You did a lot to rescue your feral and you know I will do all I can to find information. For now I ask for all hope, good wishes, love and purrs to be sent your way. Please let me know how things are going.
For everyone here, kitty has low RBC and WBC. An FIV kitty. Needing better test results and any tips on raising blood levels, boosting immune system and nutritional tips. A multi need so.... lots of good vibes please! It took a long time, a lot of dedication and work to rescue this kitty. An amazing story of cat and human! :vibes: :redheartpump::purr:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have been having terrible rain, thunder and lightning! Such a storm! I heard something and there was a flash of light in the house. Wow! Super lightning! Even some of the kitties got startled. Others have been inside long enough to be calmer about it though.

For anyone who doesn’t know the background, Whistle has always been scared of anything with big ears. Thunder and lightning are not scary to him but big ears were terrifying! He seemed to get a bit braver about it at Christmas time when he associated reindeer with getting presents from Santa Claws. Catnip scented toy antlers helped. Lol His sister Banjo has always loved all creatures and I think when she decided to be a rescuer, he wanted to follow in her paw prints. He has been trying to be brave. He has dreams of his own. Lady and Banjo are going to take over posting tonight so.... another cat channel post? Silly smiles can be good sometimes! Imagine a world where cats can do anything!

Okay Banjo. I’m ready.
6B63829A-9310-46C2-9836-ED5BCFE851AE.jpeg

Focus on me Banjo.
8DCF0724-878E-4225-BCD1-DC045B07208F.jpeg

No! Get my good side!
26F02FEE-BFA1-4E9C-8C78-C60DA7CBDC1E.jpeg

That’s better.
897D7355-D93F-4BFB-A854-D6B93165C07D.jpeg

Do I have to do the camera work AND the narration?
CB1C846D-36E9-4954-818D-A21DB547F815.jpeg

Over here! I’m the star this time Banjo.
BD20CD71-0D20-47CB-9793-78BD0AD0BF4A.jpeg

Now, for tonight we have the story of a little cat with big dreams. He overcomes his greatest fear.....
9E815835-6D6E-4111-A5C5-727F83E25437.jpeg

To become a great rescuer! We turn now to Whistle for his story. His very first rescue.
133EA7AF-3B21-4DAC-A650-EF02F5551CBF.jpeg

I was asleep and dreaming about big ears!
3E0B8969-BF99-405A-89FC-E1B569807D62.jpeg

Then I heard a thundering noise!
EC11339B-8C85-4E51-B367-EE7DDC11209D.jpeg

I may be a small cat but I have big dreams and...
41CD1F56-CE05-4D72-8FC0-1AEEB739D15A.jpeg

I dreamed I looked outside into the storm to find big ears.
70357063-2D37-4B97-8854-235F4A1A981E.jpeg

When I saw them, at first I was scared but then....
B096878F-7E4E-4C2E-A553-4DAE2FA3CD68.jpeg

I remembered what it was like to live outside as a feral. That was much more frightening. I was always hungry back then. I needed a guardian.
9DEBD5BA-4EBB-44AC-878E-5E1A0AAD2E17.jpeg

Then I saw his eyes and he looked so tired!
F25FC7BE-A31F-4F01-A93A-1BBB35166F34.jpeg

So I let him inside to eat!

That’s our story from the cat channel tonight and we’re sticking to it!;)

Can we keep him? :redheartpump::redheartpump: I love him deerly!
307941FC-D626-4CCD-946B-2B2AEE7804C4.jpeg

This post is Lady approved. Text and photography by Banjo. :bicolorcat:

Status
Not open for further replies.