My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am really tired. I would rather scrub cat boxes than search so many sites for safe flooring. Oh! I did both! I preferred the scrubbing. :lol:
I did get a bit of a break though. Dear Banjo provided me with some respite from the internet.

You have been reading for hours!
5B911B63-ABED-4DBD-83AC-029F932F576A.jpeg

What is so interesting that could take you away from your job?
03B4958E-5FA6-456C-AAA2-DAF605111A89.jpeg

Itโ€™s for us?
6577FD22-0380-4D01-9EA2-0966697D7209.jpeg

Well thanks! Let me do something for you!
9FC85902-90B5-49FB-9F6B-47FDFD83D557.jpeg

So, I followed Banjo.
67A2A4EF-C0AA-41C9-BBF0-7A73B428FD01.jpeg

This is the best place to relax.
93FA69A9-CB4D-48CA-BDFB-CDE6495AD13E.jpeg

Look!
70EE9D5A-0C80-4874-AAC7-CF9B81B0EE7B.jpeg

Awww! Froggie and two youngsters! Definitely relaxing.
43FE17C3-AA6B-4532-AC24-99EC5EF235A7.jpeg

This is where I should be spending my day. With the kitties. Thank you for the nice treat Banjo!
0D0D9D03-FB66-49E4-8AEF-9EA953A2A7D5.jpeg

Now, let Banjo take over! I I think the new floor should be a Froggie pool!
3E7C954A-C743-4470-9C1B-1FB3963F9754.jpeg

๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ
I can think of lots of ways to have fun with that! More later.......:bicolorcat: The secrets of a cat?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Prayers, love and many healing purrs sent to friendly Tom. For the kitten too. :vibes::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::grouphug2::redheartpump::redheartpump:

Please send good vibes and prayers for Tom. Todd had met a couple that knew a little about him. They said he was between 5-6 years old. He was an inside cat for the first 6 months of his life until his owner moved out of the apartments and decided just put him out on the street...

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If it is the Moderna,
I'm fairly sure that it is. I don't mind a bit. Better to feel "flu-y" for a few days than "COVID-y" for weeks and weeks!

AWWWWWWWWW! FROGGIE! I think it unutterably sweet that he's bringing the next generation of Frog Princes to meet Banjo, so that she will never be without her Frog Prince!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know whether or not I'll get the vaccine. From the clips they keep showing on the news, they have a bunch of hacks giving the shots. I know that I could do better, because I've done it before; many times, in fact. When it came time for the crew to get their shots, I was the one who had to give them, to the tune of 300 or so at a time. I would station myself at the end of the pay line- as a small ship, we got paid in cash- and give each man his booster as he passed. It took me all of 20 seconds per man, as I couldn't waste about and hold up the line. It took more time to fill the syringes than it did to give them out, as I would fill them the night before, then refrigerate them. I would have loved to have one of those pneumatic guns, but we weren't authorized to have one.

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know whether or not I'll get the vaccine. From the clips they keep showing on the news, they have a bunch of hacks giving the shots. I know that I could do better, because I've done it before; many times, in fact. When it came time fo the crew to get their shots, I was the one who had to give them, to the tune of 300 or so at a time. I would station myself at the end of the pay line- as a small ship, we got paid in cash- and give each man his booster as he passed. It took me all of 20 seconds per man, as I couldn't waste about and hold up the line. It took more time to fill the syringes than it did to give them out, as I would fill them the night before, then refrigerate them. I would have loved to have one of those pneumatic guns, but we weren't authorized to have one.
It may take longer than signing up at all areas, but my dad got his through the doctor's office when they had a spot for him. I figure they'd know what they were doing.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know whether or not I'll get the vaccine. From the clips they keep showing on the news, they have a bunch of hacks giving the shots. I know that I could do better, because I've done it before; many times, in fact. When it came time for the crew to get their shots, I was the one who had to give them, to the tune of 300 or so at a time. I would station myself at the end of the pay line- as a small ship, we got paid in cash- and give each man his booster as he passed. It took me all of 20 seconds per man, as I couldn't waste about and hold up the line. It took more time to fill the syringes than it did to give them out, as I would fill them the night before, then refrigerate them. I would have loved to have one of those pneumatic guns, but we weren't authorized to have one.
Sounds like you were a pro -- they should call you out of "retirement" like they are retired doctors and nurses and medics. Were you a medic? One of my uncles was.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
We love oppossums!:redheartpump:
He's so cute with the white tips on his big ears, and so floofy, he's just a baby. His family's living in an apt where Todd feeds cats. He's catching and releasing these cuties in the woods. No fosters needed in this case.:tongue: The possums we have around here have tiny ears, maybe cause it gets so cold here in Winter? They are definitely not cute at all.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@rubysmama and dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 The whole flooring situation is exhausting and frustrating. I think we really need an โ€œProducts for the home that are or are not Cat Safe!โ€ I am finding so much information about this that it has me :frustrated:

Least toxic might be a better title.

Iโ€™d like to promote safe products! Anyone know of safe flooring options?

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I know some azalea varieties do well in your area. They have shallow roots and like acidic soil. Planting with peat moss could really help but add some mulch to the soil to provide air to the roots. They donโ€™t like compacted soil or manure. Mulching over the roots can provide root shade and as water filters down, acidic mulch provides what the plants like. Over watering can kill too but humidity is important too. Watering just the leaves if the peat moss is still damp would be something the plant would love in the mornings. Maybe a deciduous variety would do better? Of course you could always try a small one in a pot. Itโ€™s frustrating to lose plants.

@maggiedemi Well, I just planted two strawberry plants! Lol I only planted them to replace some โ€œaged outโ€ plants. I love having them in the garden because, like you, Sarah loved strawberries.
Dramatic prayers sound wonderful. We can use them so I am thankful.
BJ says you should use that quote! He canโ€™t take credit for it, he borrowed it too. ;)
No more plants for me. Climate change is here to stay and I don't have the time, finances, or inclination to spend on it. It'll be good if I can just keep the plants already here alive.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's so cute with the white tips on his big ears, and so floofy, he's just a baby. His family's living in an apt where Todd feeds. He's catching and releasing in the woods. No fosters needed in this case.:tongue: The possums we have around here have tiny ears, maybe cause it gets so cold here in Winter? They are definitely not cute at all.
I think they all are. And they all help us by eating insects, fallen fruits, etc. keeping the environment cleaner. They love dry cat food, too. :insertevillaugh:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I think they all are. And they all help us by eating insects, fallen fruits, etc. keeping the environment cleaner. They love dry cat food, too. :insertevillaugh:
Oh definitely dry cat food lovers. We had gotten Gypsy (at the time she hadn't yet told us her name) trusting us enough so that she was eating on the porch at the top of the stairs. One day furdad walked outside and right there by the door was a little possum at the empty food dish looking up at him as if to say 'Hi there did you bring more?' Furdad was really startled and jumped back, he had almost stepped on the little guy :lol:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like you were a pro -- they should call you out of "retirement" like they are retired doctors and nurses and medics. Were you a medic? One of my uncles was.
Specifically, I was a hospital corpsman. Our 'medical department' consisted of a chief (E-7) corpsman and me for a crew of 337, counting officers, on our destroyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.