My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we were given an assignment by our teacher to write a poem for Thanksgiving. She liked mine so much that she put it in the local paper.
I write poetry too! I haven't written one in a while. I should get back into it. 🖊

Oh. Lady is over there? Huh. Go figure.
I know this move well. We have to be subtle. Play it cool. Then make our move & hopefully don't strike out. :lol:

Attacked!
Does she keep her claws in? My cats would rip my arm off if I did that. 😲

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom Apparently I hit something on my phone that deleted a post I had nearly finished. Lol I was responding to each person who had written. Fumble fingers on my end. I’ll try again but with briefer response.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Your stimulus investment is a good one. It will more than pay off!
M maggiedemi BJ didn’t get caught with Kodiak and he spreads the love around so he’s fine. Lol
N NY cat man Your teacher must have found you very talented to publish that poem! I know we embarrass easily when we are young but I bet we would all appreciate the thoughts you put on paper.
@WhenallhellbreaksloseYep! 35 songs. I have another you might enjoy. This is just like the one I gave Sarah but it was bought much later than the year given on this video. Hers was new in the nineties. Lol
This is an abbreviated version of the vanished post. Lol

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well...... some love it and some are scared of it.
Well, if you want a second one, with charger, just let me know! Also wall adapter for the charger.

Vanished? Which post? :think:
SILLY MAN! The one that wasn't there, of course!

Sorry I went missing. I fell, and flubbed my roll-out, banging my knee on a rather unyeilding piece of furniture, badly enough to warrant a trip to the ER. Nothing broken, nothing torn, "just" soft tissue damage, but BOY does it hurt, and is the most amazing shade of purple! I'm usually quite good at falling. I do it a lot.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom Apparently I hit something on my phone that deleted a post I had nearly finished. Lol I was responding to each person who had written. Fumble fingers on my end. I’ll try again but with briefer response.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Your stimulus investment is a good one. It will more than pay off!
M maggiedemi BJ didn’t get caught with Kodiak and he spreads the love around so he’s fine. Lol
N NY cat man Your teacher must have found you very talented to publish that poem! I know we embarrass easily when we are young but I bet we would all appreciate the thoughts you put on paper.
@WhenallhellbreaksloseYep! 35 songs. I have another you might enjoy. This is just like the one I gave Sarah but it was bought much later than the year given on this video. Hers was new in the nineties. Lol
I had a distant relative who was an author of no small repute or accomplishment. Near the start of the school year, she asked me if I was related, and like a dummy, I said yes. That was all it took. She must have expected an encore, as she assigned us another poem, but for Christmas. Boy, did I ever tank that one, hence, no more poetry assignments.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 I didn’t see any blood loss! That is so funny and Gypsy was fierce but seemed gentle. I think I would get some dents from that game. I was very impressed! Sweet girl.:redheartpump: Darling video.

M maggiedemi Yes, you would get dents from yours too! Lol BJ knows how to make his move but Lady still won’t give in. She still has a torch for her wild cat daddy. Lol I don’t think BJ is going to give up though. He loves them all.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I love my cat piles too. I think you will enjoy seeing where I ended up after my errand. Our smile post for tonight is a very good smile!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 You fell?!?!? Oh dear. I am so sorry! We both need rubber bumpers on our knees and elsewhere! I’m glad no bones were broken but I know that doesn’t help the pain. Sending healing hopes and purrs.:heartshape:

N NY cat man Well, I have to think you have talent. She wouldn’t have published the first one if you hadn’t written something worth publishing.;)

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
I do see a kitty! A very beautiful and brave kitty! Lol Catoflauged in foliage. What’s the story there? Was kitty having fun?
Who is this? I have some pix on my HDD of one of the feral families 2 locations ago, up on the fence that was covered in honeysuckle.
~ Just one of several cats born in my yard and taken into the house. She recently found a new perch ! :winkcat:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our smiles come from some friends tonight!! I got to stop in after my errand to visit with some familiar faces. The instant I went into the garden , the friend I have known the longest ran to greet me.
BD3B994A-B1FD-46ED-B9BF-617FAED9455C.jpeg

Shakespeare!
38156D0A-163E-470A-A724-00E4BFD55B97.jpeg

You haven’t met Gandalf before but he lives with Shakespeare.
D6612963-B138-41D4-87A3-BD6972942D5B.jpeg

I had some cat hing up to do!
C49B64CF-D394-4525-8DE7-70C583FDD19D.jpeg

I always told Shakpeare to ,Talk to the world” so he is!
DBCDF007-0FFE-40C5-A76A-1F154C18CB63.jpeg

He got chin ribs and Gandalf waited in the rain with us.
8443265F-72C3-4C96-A5B0-9DEB02199FD6.jpeg

Gandalf noticed someone else.
C9966389-207F-490D-930C-50B31DD4BB9E.jpeg

It’s Pippa!
CD4A3860-6ADF-4842-881A-AB9EF88EBB8D.jpeg

Pippa is the kitty that I asked everyone to send hopes and healing to a few months back. Four surgeries and many problems later.....
2DED6095-4786-4E97-B5E3-CBC870065B9B.jpeg

She is healed and doing very well!
6B5019F5-8C25-4380-B443-C7E5AC08A5F0.jpeg

The kitties invited me into the enclosed porch.
6DB67CFB-4B93-4660-8970-A89C3E588E8E.jpeg

Show me the way! Lol
E90D6D32-B7F6-43EF-BEAD-D10710530190.jpeg

I got lots of snuggles.
4D2F6F51-361D-4720-B979-057107B2EE79.jpeg

Shakespeare is just as fluffy as he was when he was a baby and part of the Clowder here.
D1C94DF1-76B9-4A22-AAAC-056226DA611A.jpeg

He still talks to the world.
5E32D0ED-B81F-4C2A-8653-E24684870E1C.jpeg

78300584-8679-4C97-A499-0DC1BE360513.jpeg

Gandalf finally got his chance to be loved on.
6E65D8F2-6601-4FB0-A7B1-C89D3C20C28F.jpeg

Oh! We like nose rubs! Lol
31DA7E6B-0A48-48D4-938C-52E0B16B062A.jpeg

You’re a regal kitty. I bet you know magic too!
BEDFE071-20F2-4978-9656-8F66A0DE74C5.jpeg

Once inside, Pippa showed me her DIY cat door into the courtyard. Lol
8A3A5AA3-A463-4FCA-8ED6-22D77B8406A0.jpeg

Join us inside Gandalf.
0581B88D-1A4D-4B0A-B067-40AD81931042.jpeg

Pippa petting time!
BB72EC53-E5CF-438F-8970-CFEB521376FB.jpeg

And Shaksie. Lol
92D02669-7004-46E9-841B-A1ADB96ED561.jpeg

Then Pounce came out the door of the house. He just opened the door himself and came to visit. :lol:
F2924424-129D-472E-8BE0-3F126863198B.jpeg

He eats at the table with a giant frog. Lol
5E7918B1-C023-49C1-8E54-972A5C90F462.jpeg

Yeah but the frog doesn’t share. Probably best since he only likes bugs. ( I am told that Pounce is a bit of a grumpy cat.)
5A715FCE-FF4A-41A4-9785-CDA5C6EDC019.jpeg

Shakespeare checked out the food but...
7078CD7F-611F-401C-ABF5-8EA1114B1265.jpeg

Preferred to come back to me.Awww!
8CF96793-6A2D-41B5-8DC4-2866805F00C2.jpeg

He had a lot to tell me.
89C905B4-80D1-4583-929B-56781C5D7485.jpeg

It’s good to see you my dear kitty.
501B294F-7F1C-4076-8760-7C8C99705A05.jpeg

I still love you and miss you but you have a great home and family.:redheartpump:
6A4B8935-F08B-44DE-A908-C2F17AEA81C4.jpeg

I’m so glad you still love me and remember me too!
741798F5-D037-496A-B788-5B3A062F89DC.jpeg

It was a very heartwarming visit. Seeing Pippa totally healed and being greeted happily by all was so nice. Seeing my Baby Shakespeare as a beautiful and healthy, happy grown boy made my day. I remember the day he left and I was sad to say goodbye. That sadness is replaced now with a happy heart. He loves and is loved. His life is a good one and the path I had hoped for did come for him. It doesn’t get much more rewarding than this! Thanks go out to the kitties for welcoming me into their home and thanks to their human for EVERYTHING! Happy cats, happy home and super happy ol foster mom. :cloud9:

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it’s always wonderful to see Shakespeare!! Such a sweet, beautiful kitty.
I’m so glad to hear that Pippa is doing good! That is wonderful news and it brightened up my night.
Nice to meet Gandalf (such a beautiful color!) and Pounce, too :)
Thank you for sharing. It warmed my heart and I’m sure it warmed others hearts as well :hearthrob::redheartpump::hugs::redheartpump::hearthrob:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Apparently I hit something on my phone that deleted a post I had nearly finished. Lol I was responding to each person who had written. Fumble fingers on my end. I’ll try again but with briefer response.
By right, if you are composing a post and got out before posting, it should still be in the Post Reply box.

Sorry I went missing. I fell, and flubbed my roll-out, banging my knee on a rather unyeilding piece of furniture, badly enough to warrant a trip to the ER. Nothing broken, nothing torn, "just" soft tissue damage, but BOY does it hurt, and is the most amazing shade of purple! I'm usually quite good at falling. I do it a lot.
Oh dear, Please take care and rest well. This is an order from The SILLY MAN.
IMG_3834.JPG

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a gorgeous jewelry etagere! I think those are bees, though, narrator! Who doesn't love the Blue Danube?!!
IDK how you can make these long posts on a phone. I have long, skinny fingers, but the thought of having to pound out long posts and upload lots of photos to them makes me so glad I don't have to do it on a phone!
Such a wonderful visit to so many gorgeous cats! Very glad everyone is doing well there -- looks like they have a lovely home and are very well cared for. Yes, this is what we pray and wish for every time for every cat, isn't it?
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Get well soon! Hoping the pain lessens quickly. :hugs: Get plenty of C.A.T., won't you? ;)

Last edited:

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose [/USER] Yep! 35 songs. I have another you might enjoy. This is just like the one I gave Sarah but it was bought much later than the year given on this video. Hers was new in the nineties. Lol
[/QUOTE]
What a lovely musical box . I had the typical ballerina music box. Brings backs memories. Thanks for sharing.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I write poetry too! I haven't written one in a while. I should get back into it. 🖊

I know this move well. We have to be subtle. Play it cool. Then make our move & hopefully don't strike out. :lol:

Does she keep her claws in? My cats would rip my arm off if I did that. 😲
Oh yes claws in and bites not hard. Usually she is in her box lid and I wrap my hand and arm in the Barnes & Noble bag and go for the tummy. She lets me know when she wants to wrestle. She'll bunny kick (it tickles) and I'll softly grab her open jaw and shake gently. Again no claws and no bites . If she gets too excited I just freeze and softly say Easy and she releases. She will jump up and streak away when she has had enough. I NEVER use bare hand.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, if you want a second one, with charger, just let me know! Also wall adapter for the charger.

SILLY MAN! The one that wasn't there, of course!

Oh so sorry to hear you got hurt. I hope you are feeling better! I took a tumble a week ago and strained my shoulder. Rest and warm moist heat and it's almost back to normal. Lots of healing vibes from me :vibes::vibes::vibes::hearthrob: and healing purrs from Gypsy :purr::purr::purr::heartshape:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh so sorry to hear you got hurt. I hope you are feeling better! I took a tumble a week ago and strained my shoulder. Rest and warm moist heat and it's almost back to normal. Lots of healing vibes from me :vibes::vibes::vibes::hearthrob: and healing purrs from Gypsy :purr::purr::purr::heartshape:
Winter is a bad time for falls. I slipped on an icy sidewalk a couple of weeks ago and landed on one knee and wrist. Hurt like the very devil for a few days, but that was it. I never even got a bruise on my kneecap where it hit the concrete. Just lucky, I guess.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winter is a bad time for falls. I slipped on an icy sidewalk a couple of weeks ago and landed on one knee and wrist. Hurt like the very devil for a few days, but that was it. I never even got a bruise on my kneecap where it hit the concrete. Just lucky, I guess.
I'll add mine to these. In the Mojave, I'd get up and take pix and download and copy them so I could take them to my dad. It was one thing I thought we could share even though he couldn't make it up to see the place in person. One time I got up at dawn and went out front, and slipped on the ice on the driveway. I broke my fall on my hand and my tailbone. I was only really concerned about my camera, which was fine. But I had to go to the doctor to get my tailbone and hand X-rayed. All's well except that the little finger on that hand is weird-looking so I might have broken it. As long as it works on the keyboard, that's all I'm really concerned about.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll add mine to these. In the Mojave, I'd get up and take pix and download and copy them so I could take them to my dad. It was one thing I thought we could share even though he couldn't make it up to see the place in person. One time I got up at dawn and went out front, and slipped on the ice on the driveway. I broke my fall on my hand and my tailbone. I was only really concerned about my camera, which was fine. But I had to go to the doctor to get my tailbone and hand X-rayed. All's well except that the little finger on that hand is weird-looking so I might have broken it. As long as it works on the keyboard, that's all I'm really concerned about.
Ouch!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I fell, and flubbed my roll-out, banging my knee on a rather unyeilding piece of furniture, badly enough to warrant a trip to the ER.
Glad you're okay! Reminds me of the time I was taking the cat poo out to the garage and ran back inside because it was so cold. I fell up the steps and banged every single part of my body one after the other, even hit my head on the door. I was fine though. I laughed so hard at how ridiculous it looked. :headshake:

Boy, did I ever tank that one, hence, no more poetry assignments.
Did you tank on purpose? 📝

Yes, you would get dents from yours too!
Ha! Dents. Yeah, they sure can take a hunk out of me with their claws. :devilish:

Lady still won’t give in. She still has a torch for her wild cat daddy.
I can relate. Those torches burn forever it seems. 🔥

He loves and is loved. His life is a good one and the path I had hoped for did come for him.
Hmmm....I hope all your prayers work that well. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.