My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course they all have about twenty more pounds sitting on them too. I have discovered that cats like to ride on or in furniture.
Ha! I can just picture this. Do they jump on the furniture right when you're trying to move it? :lol:

mad = awesome!
Well that is certainly good to hear. :thumbsup:

Banjo probably did teach Kodiak that trick. Kitty see, kitty do!
I knew it! I hate to always suspect Banjo, but if the tale/tail fits....:bicolorcat:

Bonjure started out a little curious about the fishie but when it started flipping its’ way towards him he got a little scared of it.
What's the deal with that fish? What is making it flip, is it battery powered? Very suspicious... :headscratch:

Don’t worry. I’ll protect you. Just snuggle up close.
Awww, how romantic. Wish a certain someone would say that to me. ;)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama Oh! Lol That’s how you found Muffin. Excellent memory though. Ruby will be with you eight years? That’s wonderful. Thine really does fly.
Bonjure started out a little curious about the fishie but when it started flipping its’ way towards him he got a little scared of it. He IS just a little fellow, after all.:lol: We are working outer way through the kitties with it. Some like and and some don’t. It’s been interesting to see the reactions.
More will be coming.
Uh, shouldn't that be more like: "Thine dost truly flyeth"? :crackup: :flail:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gosh, I agree, that fish is scary! We have a realistic looking fish catnip toy but it does not move unless someone bats it. Not scary. And we have a realistic plastic snake and a whole pack of plastic lizards and a plastic manta and a glow-in-the-dark plastic German velociraptor! none of which move.
ConCATulations, rubysmama rubysmama , on eight wonderful years with your golden girl! :hearthrob::redcat::hearthrob::cloud9:
Well, setup is not really that difficult. Frustrating, yes, with the forest of cables. But not that hard. The "missing cable" wasn't missing. It just didn't have a home. I knew it went to my HDD, but thought it had to connect to either the Powermaster or somewhere else. Panic ensued, and a sleepless night. Of course, the "somewhere else" ended up being...the back of the HDD. *Hey, we all have a right to be idiots sometimes!*:jawdrop::doh:🤪*Gosh, I hope daftcat doesn't see this. He'll laugh me off TCS*

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi Yes! Lol They jump on the furniture anytime I show interest in it! Dusting, moving, opening, etc. . Free ride across the room! Wheeeee! Once it is moved, they are not happy if it doesn’t go right back though. Maybe they only like round trips. :lol:

Always suspecting Banjo is kind of natural. She is sooo smart and she is always directing things around here. She is a born leader. The tail does fit!:flail:

That fish is rechargeable via a cord like a phone cord. It charges through my phone charger. It also has a little pouch for catnip but I haven’t used that yet. I wanted to see how the kitties liked it on it’s own merits.

BJ is the ultimate romantic. He thinks you should snuggle him! Lol I doubt Lady would allow that though since she claims you.

BellaGooch BellaGooch Bonjure was a little nervous about the fish but others are loving it. Maybe Bonnie was worried it is a shark. Lol I haven’t shown it to everyone yet. I still have pictures to post of the first day we played with it. I’menjoying seeing all the reactions too. Very curious how Prints will react since he claims to be a fisherman.;)
I love a beautiful sky. There are a couple of open areas along the road where the view is extensive and I try to stop long enough to get a picture is traffic is slow. That caught my attention because I could see the dark of night moving in from the right. Light on the left and dark on the right.

@tarasgirl06:flail:Good catch on that typo and better play on words. Thine dost flyeth!
You could never be an idiot! We all have our moments of being thrown but that’s just being human. Missing a plug in spot when under stress is a little thing and anyone could do that. With your impressive skills, no one would dare to try laughing you off. If they did try, the Clowder would purr them into silence. Melted human.;)

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Well...... some love it and some are scared of it. BJ is using it to scare the girls into his embrace. Lol Smart fellow. I haven’t had the chance to put it through the paces with everyone because they are having to take turns with it. I am trying to spend time with each kitty as they are introduced to it. Lady loved it! Bonnie was curious but nervous. Generally speaking, it’s proving fairly popular. I can understand why Hekitty is suspicious. What is she supposed to do with it? It just flops around everywhere! She can’t eat it. Why would you serve her a live fish?:headscratch::lol:

Wait until you see what Banjo does!

rubysmama rubysmama It truly is wonderful that Ruby has lived such a great life with you. She got very lucky the day you took her home. Life saved! You’re a kitty hero!

JamesCalifornia JamesCalifornia I do see a kitty! A very beautiful and brave kitty! Lol Catoflauged in foliage. What’s the story there? Was kitty having fun?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another reaction to the feral fish! Lol

What has the human put out here now?
29DE415C-2F1B-4373-BB55-E00BA185654E.jpeg

Is it a fish?
08F7EBE4-B742-4BFC-A2FE-A147BEA41C10.jpeg

Look at that!
9B32D6D3-AAEE-473D-B11B-4213DB46CF8E.jpeg

It’s jumping like the fish outside!
654C430F-941F-454E-83E9-FC4C2B244C74.jpeg

Ahh. It stopped!
589B7DC4-A2F7-4BE7-A5FB-AEAA5510CFEB.jpeg

Oh! It’s okay. It’s moving agin.
C273EAF6-4370-4381-B5F0-0A5BA085A645.jpeg

Be careful Smokey. You better come away with me.
1C707764-0116-4E82-94E9-AA78B2EBCF01.jpeg

Why BJ? It’s a fish!
6F9812E6-2373-4A2D-B80F-94DDF60CC28E.jpeg

Uhhhhh.
E0F06815-6BD0-44A6-8204-9A2DF4C6E045.jpeg

Banjo, your Dad said I should be careful of the fish.
5FD8C0F3-3EAF-4426-8D39-80CEE9720DBC.jpeg

A fish huh?
37CC2EF2-8842-462F-B3CB-F5B6D44CDA2F.jpeg

I think he was trying to pull your leg Smokey. This thing kind of hops like Froggie.
E69BE6F9-62A1-4A03-9E5F-ED0E49960E73.jpeg

She’s not scared of it. I was hoping that this was my chance to win some Smokey snuggles! Rats. Maybe I can make a move on one of the other girls.
EFF5C55B-27EB-4CA3-9CA6-DEF949907309.jpeg

I think the fish needs snuggles.
A2020A6B-4A58-4E1B-9FA2-405EB77C124C.jpeg

Typical Smokey. Take care of any lost baby.
Sorry BJ! Try again!
Can I carry this thing around to the other girls?
3345A886-E6E4-4E06-9C8B-73341C01CC87.jpeg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama It truly is wonderful that Ruby has lived such a great life with you. She got very lucky the day you took her home. Life saved! You’re a kitty hero!
And I was lucky that Ruby was the cat I brought home. There's a story about that, actually, which I've posted before, but maybe not in this thread. Sorry if it's a repeat story, but I'll keep it short.

A couple weeks before I was ready to adopt, I visited the shelter. For some reason, I wanted an orange cat. There were 2 there that day. One a gorgeous male who snuggled in my arms, and I would have adopted, but timing was off. The other was coughing or sneezing and didn't look very much like socializing, so I left it alone.

Next time I went I was ready to adopt. There was only orange cat - Ruby. I tried picking her up, but she scrambled back into her cage. But she purred like a motor, and kept head bumping me. So I knew she was the one. :lovecat2:

When I brought her home, she came with eye drops because of a URI. It wasn't till I was trying to put those drops in her eyes that it dawned on me that the coughing, sneezing kitty from my first visit was none other than my Ruby girl. I always say she was doing that coughing to keep other adopters away, so she'd be there for me when I came back, because she has never coughed or sneezed even once since I brought her home.

Now back on topic, sort of ... Wonder if a flopping fish would be a hit or miss with Ruby? :fish:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 368953
Is it a fish?
View attachment 368954
Look at that!
View attachment 368955
View attachment 368956
Ahh. It stopped!
View attachment 368957
View attachment 368958
View attachment 368959
Why BJ? It’s a fish!
View attachment 368960
Uhhhhh.
View attachment 368961
View attachment 368962
A fish huh?
View attachment 368963
I think he was trying to pull your leg Smokey. This thing kind of hops like Froggie.
View attachment 368964
She’s not scared of it. I was hoping that this was my chance to win some Smokey snuggles! Rats. Maybe I can make a move on one of the other girls.
View attachment 368965
View attachment 368952
Sorry BJ! Try again!
View attachment 368966
Sweet gorgeous Smokey! How is Smokey doing?
So that's USB Fish! Maybe related to the Land Shark? :crackup:BJ looks suspicious of it.
NAH! Thanks for the compliments but there's really nothing much to setup. Anyone should be able to do it by following the diagrams. And since IT calls for perfection, missing that HDD plug in was not something I'd expect of myself. But all's well that ends well, right?
JamesCalifornia JamesCalifornia Who is this? I have some pix on my HDD of one of the feral families 2 locations ago, up on the fence that was covered in honeysuckle. One of the babies looked quite a lot like your little one!

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 368953
Is it a fish?
View attachment 368954
Look at that!
View attachment 368955
View attachment 368956
Ahh. It stopped!
View attachment 368957
View attachment 368958
View attachment 368959
Why BJ? It’s a fish!
View attachment 368960
Uhhhhh.
View attachment 368961
View attachment 368962
A fish huh?
View attachment 368963
View attachment 368964
View attachment 368965
View attachment 368952
Sorry BJ! Try again!
View attachment 368966
I wonder how your kitties would react to Billy Bass the singing fish. lol He was pretty popular in the 90's. I played him for my cats back in the day, but they run out of the room.😁 Here is him singing a few songs. Very funny.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder how your kitties would react to Billy Bass the singing fish. lol He was pretty popular in the 90's. I played him for my cats back in the day, but they run out of the room.😁 Here is him singing a few songs. Very funny.
David Byrne ain't got nothin' on him! (Bobby McFerrin does.) :crackup::lolup: I've seen these for sale online. Imagine having one!:bliss:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uh, shouldn't that be more like: "Thine dost truly flyeth"? :crackup: :flail:
Hee hee. Her typos are the best. :lol:

That fish is rechargeable via a cord like a phone cord. It charges through my phone charger.
Fancy! Fancy creepy futuristic fish. 🤪

BJ is the ultimate romantic. He thinks you should snuggle him!
That's the best offer I've had in forever. :cloud9:

Very curious how Prints will react since he claims to be a fisherman.
Prints will love it. He loves EVERYTHING. ❤

If they did try, the Clowder would purr them into silence. Melted human.
Hmmm....I wonder if this would work on a certain someone. :devilish:

Sorry if it's a repeat story, but I'll keep it short.
Awww, I like that story. :hugs:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BellaGooch BellaGooch How can I ever resist the face of a cat? I see the wheels turn in their minds and the expressions that come with kitty thoughts. Gets me every time. :cloud9: I’m glad it gets you too!

rubysmama rubysmama It’s not a repeat but even if it was, it’s worth repeating in case anyone new has come along who might have missed it. That is a beautiful story. Dear Ruby was waiting for you. That little red heart cat was meant to join your heart. I have found myself telling others here that , when the time is right, a cat will find you. Just keep your eyes and heart open. C Cat Grrl Would like that story.
Let’s quote it here.
And I was lucky that Ruby was the cat I brought home. There's a story about that, actually, which I've posted before, but maybe not in this thread. Sorry if it's a repeat story, but I'll keep it short.

A couple weeks before I was ready to adopt, I visited the shelter. For some reason, I wanted an orange cat. There were 2 there that day. One a gorgeous male who snuggled in my arms, and I would have adopted, but timing was off. The other was coughing or sneezing and didn't look very much like socializing, so I left it alone.

Next time I went I was ready to adopt. There was only orange cat - Ruby. I tried picking her up, but she scrambled back into her cage. But she purred like a motor, and kept head bumping me. So I knew she was the one. :lovecat2:

When I brought her home, she came with eye drops because of a URI. It wasn't till I was trying to put those drops in her eyes that it dawned on me that the coughing, sneezing kitty from my first visit was none other than my Ruby girl. I always say she was doing that coughing to keep other adopters away, so she'd be there for me when I came back, because she has never coughed or sneezed even once since I brought her home.

Now back on topic, sort of ... Wonder if a flopping fish would be a hit or miss with Ruby? :fish:
Happy endings are the best!
I don’t know if Ruby would like the flopping fish but I think she might. She does love her toys!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Land shark! :lol: BJ could care less about any toy but he knows how to gather the girls around him. Lol If he can use a scary toy to get a snuggle, he’ll do it! It didn’t work with Smokey but it worked with Flowers. Smokey is holding her own. We had one bout of some infection but one round of antibiotics got rid of it and she never missed a beat, meal or treats. She is still feeling playful so that is the best sign to me. Her appetite is really good too. I am giving her the most yummy and special foods I can find. We just tried the Rachel Ray wet food that has lots of liquid. She devoured it and licked the plate. Lol I had to hand out a little to a few others who caught on too. She is pretty much getting whatever she wants. Her wish is my command.:redheartpump: I am grateful for every wish she has. I have some stars put away in my pocket for her too. BTW , I can imagine having a singing fish! Lol

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose That fish is so funny. I remember seeing them advertised. I think some of the cats would love it! Lol Some might decide it’s kitty dance time! I’d try it if I ever run across one. I don’t think I would hang it on the wall though. The cats might try to climb the walls!:fish:
:climbcat:

M maggiedemi The story of Ruby is a great one. A love story.:redheartpump::lovecat2:

BJ says he will keep a spot warm for you!

The fish is pretty cool. A little weird since it is a fish out of water but if it were in water, I would have a mess! Lol

I think Prints will like it.

Purrs are known to heal. It might take just the right frequency and enough to do the melting but the right one always works. The trick would be finding the right one.;)

N NY cat man I guess the fish wore out his welcome? Lol Maybe he is still in some corner somewhere giving out a song from time to time? Who knows! He took the fad market , hook line and sinker at the time!:blush:

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Aww! Poor Gypsy! Fish slapped! No wonder some cats just don’t like fish. I have a feeling she wasn’t expecting that fish to start flopping around. When you serve a cat fish, it’s supposed to stay on the plate! That thing manages to travel all over the room with those gyrations. Bonnie felt he was being followed. He managed to raise all the junk in his trunk straight up in the air when the fish came over and tapped his front paws. Kodiak thought it was after her too. Lady gave it kisses. I guess she thought the fish was giving her kisses with head butts. Lol

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes!! I had a plumbing failure today. A leaking pipe left my kitchen cabinet and floor covered in water. I managed to temporarily patch it but tomorrow I may be stuck working on pipes and trying to get parts. It may require a trip in town which will eat up my day but I am hoping to get the parts closer to home. Paws crossed! If I don’t get here tomorrow, it’s just the plumbing! Lol Simple enough but I have to have the parts.
F3B79738-51FE-47F6-88DA-B1C1BE7AE739.jpeg
78FA120E-878A-459D-9450-05EE09816E25.jpeg
23C2029D-39EA-4B48-8B61-6D7C79EFC8D6.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.