My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
use a vacuum with a beater bar
When I used an upright vacuum with a beater bar on the kitchen tiles, they all started breaking & coming up. Must be laminate? 🙁

I’m sure that Banjo knew that Froggie would return. I don’t know how she knew when but she seemed to know. I guess that bond is a very special one. Perhaps they have a secret signal?
He just seems to know the exact moment to pop back in...when she is feeling lonely or down & needs a friend. 😉

Even when the pony slipped in the house, no hoof marks.
Ummm....What was a pony doing in the house? I kinda like that idea, except mine would be a llama. 🦙

Well Precious, one more word on the box might apply. Juicy. The edges might bend but you fit too!
Precious sure is one BIG little guy! How did he get that name? :headscratch:

I have gotten to talk to my Dad! He is home now.
That's fabulous news, to quote our Canadian friend who always uses that word. :cheerleader:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww! Hi muffy muffy ! Thank you about my Dad and about the kitty rescues. With the support I found here, I continued to do feral rescues. When I posted about the 32 I was new to TCS and the encouragement from everyone here helped me so much! People like you lifted my spirits on the days that were hard. I kept working and writing here as others helped me to keep trying. Over 80 before it was done. Well, maybe it isn’t quite done. Lol I hope I never have such large numbers at once again though! The kitties that remain with me are so full of purr sonality! The last three in were Wanda Heart, Prints and Pawpurr. Each one is filled with strength and gives of lots of love. Some are rally funny too. How could I resist?

We do love seeing kitties here! Hint , hint! Photos always enjoyed!’
WOW!! You found homes for over 80 cats. That is amazing. I did not read the whole thread. I wanted to do rescue work when I retired but was unable to because of my health. Cats are so full of love but of course everyone here knows that.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I used an upright vacuum with a beater bar on the kitchen tiles, they all started breaking & coming up. Must be laminate? 🙁

He just seems to know the exact moment to pop back in...when she is feeling lonely or down & needs a friend. 😉

Ummm....What was a pony doing in the house? I kinda like that idea, except mine would be a llama. 🦙

Precious sure is one BIG little guy! How did he get that name? :headscratch:

That's fabulous news, to quote our Canadian friend who always uses that word. :cheerleader:
Not sure what material your kitchen tiles are, M maggiedemi , but I do know that hard surface floors don't like vacuums for the most part. Better to use a mop on them and if you want to do it the easiest way, a Swiffer-type mop is the best, I guess, though I don't use those. My roomie has one and she uses it to clean their bathroom tiles, which are ceramic, plus the kitchen/breakfast room/laundry room, which is laminate. Doesn't do the cleaning job that a regular mop does, but it's okay bi-weekly.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You mean, me? Cuz I don't say "fabulous", do I. :headscratch: Or do you mean, I am fabulous. :lol: Which doesn't really fit, either.:dunno:

Regardless, it is fabulous news, Jcatbird Jcatbird , about your Dad and your friend. :redheartpump:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You mean, me? Cuz I don't say "fabulous", do I. :headscratch: Or do you mean, I am fabulous. :lol:
No, our guy friend from Canada who used to be a member here. Fabulous is his favorite word. But yes, you are indeed Fabulous. :thumbsup:

You don’t mean 80 cats?!?! Wow, that’s insane. Kudos to you!!!
Yes! She has saved like 104 cats and adopted out most of them. Amazing how she can tame a feral to be adopted out. My two are still pretty feral after almost 7 years. I need to send them to Jcatbird Jcatbird kitty bootcamp. Banjo would whip them into shape. :bicolorcat:

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I have gotten to talk to my Dad! He is home now. It’s going to take time and he still has hurdles to overcome but I am so relieved to hear his voice again! He wanted me to thank everyone here for all the prayers and good wishes sent. He does believe that all the hope for him played a part in his survival. Thank you to everyone here!:grouphug2::heartshape:

I took a quick stroll outside today. The sun was out and it was t shirt weather! I spotted a little color in the leaf debris. View attachment 367898
A mushroom!
View attachment 367899
Pretty but toxic to humans. The squirrels can eat this one though.
View attachment 367900
Speaking of eating, I need cat food!
View attachment 367902
I am patient but really, can we get food now?
View attachment 367903
Looks like Whistle is ready too.
View attachment 367904
Thanks for putting the plates out Whistle! Lol
View attachment 367905
If we could open the cans, we would!
View attachment 367906
I’m so hungry, I’m going to open the peanut butter if you don’t hurry.
View attachment 367908
On second thought, peanut butter sticks to the roof of your mouth. Yeow! Cat food human! I got thirsty just imaging it!
View attachment 367909
Ummmm. Kitty juice!
View attachment 367910
More juice please!
View attachment 367911
Lol I think they would be happy with just a plate full of juice! At least I know they are hydrated!
View attachment 367912
Hey! Don’t drink the juice from everyone’s’ plate!
Jcatbird, so very happy to hear your Dad is now home. This is great news!!!! All the best to you and your family.🤗🤗🤗 P S. I hope you find a foster soon. You have done so much for the kitties, they are lucky to have you. Bless your heart!❤❤❤

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird , that’s the best news regarding your dad! What a relief for you just to hear his voice:heartshape:

This is my orange Boy. He’ll be 11 in March/ April. My daughters rescued him from the street, actually a park, when he was about 8 or 9 weeks old. He was filthy, full of fleas and feisty but curious, and so easy to fall in love with him. He was wild but friendly. He’s not usually friendly toward strangers unless they truly speak cat. Usually he hides unless I call him out. He’s been known to smack people but with us he’s the biggest cuddle bug ever, and my velcro cat, lol.
7E425940-9F8A-43E1-AD28-70601666DE55.jpeg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
pearl99 pearl99 Thank you for my Dad and friend. Also, thank you for being a link to helping elsewhere! :hugs: There is strength in numbers. One person links hands to another and another and before you know it, we are all connected to something good.

rubysmama rubysmama Thank you for the compliment about my storytelling! I always hope to share what the cats tell me and win a smile or two.;) These kitties give me plenty of stories to share. Of course, the kitties are the real heros here. Banjo can testify to that. We probably have a Froggie hero too. Lol

Oh! I love the song! Very appropriate and the part about paying forward is something to sing about along with good news. That’s cat dance music!

M maggiedemi I’m sorry about the kitchen tiles! They may be laminate or may have had a loose edge. Possibly the pieces could be re glued?

Froggie must be tuned in to Banjo. They make quite a couple! They always seem to be there for each other. It’s such a sweet love story. I was looking back at some of my early posts and there is a photo I took in the wee hours one morning. I had been trying to get close to Jazxy and her two kittens. One was black and white like Banjo and one all black. They chased a frog who jumped right on my phone screen and I snapped a photo of the Froggie face. Lol The frog hitched a ride on me after that. I wonder if that was “the” Froggie?

The pony came in the house through the porch. She was always trying to steal my Moms coffee! My mother was a little intimidated by Shady because she was a big pony. Shady seemed to know that and thought it was funny. She would walk up behind my mom in the kitchen and scare her. She got a few extra cups of spilled coffee that way. Mostly she liked to sneak up and drink it out of the cup when Mom left the room though. Mom put sugar in her coffee so I guess that was the attraction. Mom would not let me even try to litter box train Shady.:lol: No horses in the house! Shady also went into town a lot. She would go in the small shops. She was a popular pony in town and got lots of treats. Very smart lady. Shady lady! She was a pony I had rescued and she was very happy to be in a safe place. She loved life.

Precious got his name because I was trying to get his mom and litter mates. I would call them,” Precious ones!“ Precious was the first one to respond and as a baby, I didn’t know he was male or would become so big! The name stuck. Then he grew into a giant boy kitty! It actually fits him anyway though. He is a Precious one. There is more to their story but that’s how he got the name.

Thank you about my Dad. Fabulous is a great word. It is fabulous. Our friend would agree with that sentiment. I also agree that rubysmama rubysmama is fabulous!
I think you and the kitties should come to visit Banjo. She certainly whipped me into shape!

muffy muffy Yes 80 in this last colony. There was a colony before them. I’ve been rescuing all sorts of critters my whole life. When I retired, I had been planning to move and maybe travel a little bit then, I saw kitties. Lol I prefer kitties to travel any day. I have health issues too but there are many ways to be a help with rescues. Being supportive on this site is a HUGE help to anyone working with kitties. Some days are really hard and kind words to help people through the night can make all the difference. I know this thread is really long but many of the days I posted here were tough ones for me. The things people said to me helped to keep me going and keep more kitties coming in. The night I finally got BJ was kind of funny but also a bit nerve wracking right at first. It was late at night and I had my phone so I started writing here. I didn’t expect anyone to be on and respond but, I did get replies! I was very glad for the company at that particular time! It helped me make it through. If you want to be a rescuer, there are lots of ways to help. TCS is a good place to do it too. I still find myself needing support. If you are interested in the night of BJ, here is the link to that section of the thread. You might want to go back a bit to see the days that led to this. His story is pretty amazing. He was the guardian of the entire colony and refused to be caught until all the others were safe. He risked his own safety for the other kitties and even guarded me at times. His story later is pretty amazing too. He ended up with his own thread for a while as he battled Heart worms. He is a true survivor. A real hero. My Feral And Rescued Cats

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 My Dad has my brother and nephew living with him right now. My Sister in law is staying there during the week as well and she is a PA. This is preferable right now. Home health care is how my Dad and step mom got Covid. Sadly, all the health care workers caught it.
My Dad is coping. It was good to hear his voice but also very sad. The loss of my step mom is hard. They were together over 50 years. He still needs to focus on his recovery as well. It’s going to take time. Thank you for asking. It’s a daily struggle right now but he has come a very long way.

rubysmama rubysmama You may not use the word fabulous but you ARE fabulous!
It is fabulous news about my Dad! I love the fabulous cat too!

BellaGooch BellaGooch Yes, over 80 kitties of all ages. Ferals of any age can be socialized if they want to be. It did take a little time though. Lol I wouldn’t trade a moment of it though. Each kitty was fabulous! I was very fortunate to find great humans to love and adopt. I am so very grateful to each one for adopting. I could not have done the rescues without them.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Thank you about my Dad! I am so relieved to have him back at his home!
I have had help here on the site with locating possible fosters. There is strength in numbers. Together we can do so much more. The support here is invaluable. Thank you for “Blessing my heart.” I am the really lucky one. So many precious lives have touched mine!

Lari Lari Well said! Lol They know they are fabulous! They also make sure that we know.

N NY cat man You haven’t met one either?!:lol: If a cat does not know about being fabulous, I would certainly be the first to tell them!’

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Elvis knows. With a name like Elvis, he must be king!! He definitely looks regal and fabulous!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Ohhh! You were a bad human! You touched a smelly Tom! How dare you? You must beg for forgiveness from the great lady of the house! Many treats must be offered with a humble apology!:worship: Better to be shunned than swatted!;):lol: Luckily for us humans, cats are very kind and forgiving. Love conquers all.

Jewely Jewely Your orange boy is so gorgeous!! Looking at him now, no one would ever know how he started out his life. He is so beautiful and looks so happy! He is a very lucky boy to have come to you. I do love ginger kitties. They always have such pretty eyes too. He looks so young! Eleven? Healthy boy! I’m so glad your daughters found him. Rescues understand who speaks cat. Thank you for sharing the photo! He joins some other sweet gingers here.
Thank you about my Dad. I was so relieved to hear his voice. It was very difficult waiting to talk to him again. I am very grateful.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had company! Some kitties hide when we have company but some demand a tribute from each human who enters. Lol This is Chez cat bird so beware all who enter here!

A new human? The brush is a good way to introduce yourself!
58CE1EF4-FCC0-4749-995D-D496A20D4FC8.jpeg

Dolly rewards with a head butt kiss!
3D8C2419-E486-4C9E-9E25-9BD70025BB37.jpeg

But you can’t stop brushing!
37C3B2F9-3C55-4846-9A1A-32F88F8FA608.jpeg

This is a good human!
15F48155-21F0-4CE0-8B0B-19C9DF1C346C.jpeg

But don’t stop brushing!
49470E8C-B738-44DC-A526-FADC56C2FEF5.jpeg

Human? I will give you a head butt reminder.
C8812988-D18A-45F3-BC24-75F83C533B76.jpeg

Keep brushing!
F35EB052-81CF-4B82-B0B9-D2FAEF395620.jpeg

Must I purr in your ear and tickle you?
60A73783-CEB5-402A-B7DE-2FED080345A6.jpeg

Perhaps if I lick you on the ear?
2F8EA588-8C1C-4BB8-A0C3-D4F11E73D04D.jpeg

How come Dolly gets all the brushing?
20F2CA94-FF81-4DB6-9E8A-6C73F78D19D1.jpeg

The human must read kitty expressions.
96FF2736-6517-4ADE-A835-26426950E377.jpeg

Ahhhhh. Brushing.
BA2597E3-C111-4AD1-85C2-71F1E8E177DF.jpeg

A cat could melt from this.
097D1431-D52B-4143-92E0-C3498C6F86F1.jpeg

Hey Mackie? Are you melted?
0CE4065D-880B-4561-A4F9-0DD107EBC5AD.jpeg

I am still a laughing cat. See the smile?
F3B4DCF6-5039-4E91-8C16-CB181DEC927F.jpeg

A little melted too though!
C6373BCA-C317-499D-9E11-F2AC3EBF5AB7.jpeg

So, you stopped brushing me,
8A2231A0-81D7-4891-A8B9-A65E3E89EDEA.jpeg

I will accept treats as a substitute.
4AC60D16-3A48-4B93-A921-C0596846B631.jpeg

Brushing by a stranger? Noooo...
0CEBEDBE-8DF1-47EA-B1BF-0F9ACD4DDD4C.jpeg

I will accept treats though! This might be a good human!
E7FD4826-3202-4312-B8EE-CE5DA25A85C7.jpeg

The company was Pawpurrs’ adopting human. Apparently Pawpurr has taught her human well! ;)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had company! Some kitties hide when we have company but some demand a tribute from each human who enters. Lol This is Chez cat bird so beware all who enter here!

A new human? The brush is a good way to introduce yourself!
View attachment 368058
Dolly rewards with a head butt kiss!
View attachment 368059
But you can’t stop brushing!
View attachment 368060
This is a good human!
View attachment 368061
But don’t stop brushing!
View attachment 368062
Human? I will give you a head butt reminder.
View attachment 368063
Keep brushing!
View attachment 368064
Must I purr in your ear and tickle you?View attachment 368065
Perhaps if I lick you on the ear?
View attachment 368066
How come Dolly gets all the brushing?
View attachment 368067
The human must read kitty expressions.
View attachment 368068
Ahhhhh. Brushing.
View attachment 368069
A cat could melt from this.
View attachment 368070
Hey Mackie? Are you melted?
View attachment 368071
I am still a laughing cat. See the smile?
View attachment 368072
A little melted too though!
View attachment 368073
So, you stopped brushing me,
View attachment 368074
I will accept treats as a substitute.
View attachment 368075
Brushing by a stranger? Noooo...
View attachment 368076
I will accept treats though! This might be a good human!
View attachment 368077
The company was Pawpurrs’ adopting human. Apparently Pawpurr has taught her human well! ;)
Pawpurrs' "adopting human"? But Pawpurr is at Chez Catbird, right?
Dolly is gorgeous and the more brushing, the more gorgeous her long dark coat!!!
Big Mackie! Everyone loves Big Mackie!
My dad lost Mom with about that many years together. It was a tremendous blow to him though he didn't really talk about that with me. In his background, it's just not something you talk about, and all the more so, with your daughter. But I knew.
Very glad your dad has relatives staying with him/caring for him -- that's always better than strangers! and may they be able to encourage him in these very tough times.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird , that’s the best news regarding your dad! What a relief for you just to hear his voice:heartshape:

This is my orange Boy. He’ll be 11 in March/ April. My daughters rescued him from the street, actually a park, when he was about 8 or 9 weeks old. He was filthy, full of fleas and feisty but curious, and so easy to fall in love with him. He was wild but friendly. He’s not usually friendly toward strangers unless they truly speak cat. Usually he hides unless I call him out. He’s been known to smack people but with us he’s the biggest cuddle bug ever, and my velcro cat, lol.
View attachment 368040
He's so handsome! Lion Kinglet! VERY glad he is in a loving PURRmanent home now! :redheartpump: :winkcat::redheartpump::yess:

Status
Not open for further replies.