My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I absolutely love rainbows. Every time there's a bit of sun peeking through when it's raining, I'll search the sky to see if we get a rainbow. Haven't seen one in a while now, so thanks for sharing your pics. 🌈

Sunset ones were beautiful too. 🌇

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So you share life with a Prints and a Pawpurr! How wonderful! Pawpurr is very leonine and handsome!
Those are beautiful shots of the skies. They make me miss the big sky in the Mojave where there were so many things going on, from time to time -- gargantuan clouds, intense sunsets, light-show lightning of many colors, deep blue, silvery white. Yes, a double rainbow is a good omen for us. I once saw a triple rainbow!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BellaGooch BellaGooch I looked at that picture a long time too. It looks like a heart is covering Lady. I still don’t know how that happened but when magic occurs, I just enjoy it for what it is. One of life’s little happy surprises. Kind of like falling stars and rainbows. I think of that song a lot. I think putting the quote on something for a friend is a very sweet idea. I always save stars in my pocket for rainy days. ;) 💫Stay tuned!

tabbytom tabbytom I think our kisses met in the sky! I’m quite sure they lit up my day. Photos coming. January has the most wonderful kisses!!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Indeed the Bible does refer to how we , as humans, should treat the creatures of the earth. It is the Righteous man who cares for the animals. You shall not see the donkey or ox fallen and ignore them but, lift them up again. Every kind of creature can be tamed. If you come across a bird sitting with eggs or young, you shall not take the mother with the young. The list goes on and on. Good lessons for how we should treat life and our earth. You don’t have to believe in a specific religion to understand that these are good ways to treat every living thing.
Ah. The bubbles. Those who live in bubbles tend to float through life but are often untouched by many things. Both good and difficult. I wonder if it leaves them feeling alone or if they feel detached. Perhaps they just don’t even realize they miss things? I have compassion for them too.

N NY cat man I hope Bashful had a great Gingerbread day! Such a beautiful face. I love little pink noses too. Ginger kitties always have such pretty eyes. Tell Bashful we say thank you for coming to visit!:gingercat2: :lovecat2:

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose I am glad I could say something to give you support. Being stepped on can makes us move. That’s a good thing. I don’t really shut out what the naysayers express. I hear them but I don’t let it change what I believe is right.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 That is a smoldering kitty expression. Lol Melt your heart look.
Stewardship is exactly how I see taking care of any creature. I have often referred to myself as a guardian to the kitties.
The Shadow Knows! Lol I have said that a few times here but it goes well with that photo of Lady!

Elvis, Baby Su.... can I join you? I would sleep like a baby! Cat guardians! The very best kind of guardian! :redheartpump:
YES. Comparative religion is something I've always been interested in and though I did not grow up in any religion I have studied a couple of versions of the Bible. I always look for the content in any holy writings as to animals and our relationships with them, because this is extremely important to me.
Bubble people are a mystery to me. I don't understand how they CAN live that way, much less why. It seems like such an incomplete way to live, without a conscience or feelings. I've been reading that having a conscience and deep feelings is rare now. That's very troubling, but looking around, I'm not in a position to deny it because it seems accurate. Again, the way we're raised and educated makes such a difference.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pawpurr, what a handsome fella! The shot of him laughing was so hilarious!!! :flail:

Wow, how absolutely stunning!!! I am in awe! My mind always goes back to psalm 19:1- “the heavens declare the glory of God and the skies proclaim his handiwork.” Whether or not you’re religious, I think we can all agree that those pictures are truly glorious. A beautiful reminder that rainbows come after the storms. Jcatbird Jcatbird , thank you so much for sharing! 🥰🤗☀

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m grateful for all who DO something to help and heal.
I like the sound of that. Be a helper and a healer to all humans & animals. 🤝

Maybe Maggie and Demi would join her for cuddling.
Demi definitely would cuddle Lady. Maggie would probably punch her. :devilish:

Pain, work, frustration can result in relief, success and unbridled joy.
I wouldn't mind some of that unbridled joy. That sounds exciting. 👍

Hahahahahahaha! I left a tongue print on the camera.
Face plant? Or tongue plant? :lol:

With experience hopefully comes wisdom. And a huge part of wisdom is certainly rooted in compassion, for others and for ourselves.
Oh I love that! Wisdom leads to compassion. Is that in the Bible?:hugs:

Now, that cat knows how to smoulder! The old, "real" film stars would have KILLED for that smoulder!
Oh I love that word smoulder. I'm gonna try to smoulder while strutting in my new jeans. :flail:

Every kind of creature can be tamed.
Hmmm....I'm doubtful about one certain creature, but I'll keep trying. :crossfingers:

You shall not see the donkey or ox fallen and ignore them but, lift them up again.
Oh I love that! I'll have to find that passage later. 🙌

A little more scratching to the right. Lol Two hours of massage should do it.,
Ha! Pawpurr is quite the little jokester. Did he learn that from Banjo? :bicolorcat:... Is Pawpurr a boy or girl?

Every time there's a bit of sun peeking through when it's raining, I'll search the sky to see if we get a rainbow.
My brothers and I used to do this as kids! Search for a rainbow after every rain. I had totally forgotten about doing this. Thank you for the reminder. I'll start doing this again. 😉

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the sound of that. Be a helper and a healer to all humans & animals. 🤝

Demi definitely would cuddle Lady. Maggie would probably punch her. :devilish:

I wouldn't mind some of that unbridled joy. That sounds exciting. 👍

Face plant? Or tongue plant? :lol:

Oh I love that! Wisdom leads to compassion. Is that in the Bible?:hugs:

Oh I love that word smoulder. I'm gonna try to smoulder while strutting in my new jeans. :flail:

Hmmm....I'm doubtful about one certain creature, but I'll keep trying. :crossfingers:

Oh I love that! I'll have to find that passage later. 🙌

Ha! Pawpurr is quite the little jokester. Did he learn that from Banjo? :bicolorcat:... Is Pawpurr a boy or girl?

My brothers and I used to do this as kids! Search for a rainbow after every rain. I had totally forgotten about doing this. Thank you for the reminder. I'll start doing this again. 😉
Possibly not, word for word, but it is the essence of spirituality.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom I’m glad you enjoyed the sky. I think we can thank the stars and January for that. ;) Love was in the air.

Lari Lari It was an amazing view. I got very excited when I saw that. It had been so wet and gray when I left the house. It was there when I finished my day and was coming home. Purrfect ending to a long day. You could say it ended on a high note! Lol

N NY cat man Isn’t that usually what happens when we see the perfect thing to photograph? Lol No camera. I have only seem a few doubles myself but this time, I was able to get off the highway and follow it down to a place I could pull over. Bumper to bumper traffic! Lol I was trying to take photos while stopped at a light but I had to pony the camera behind me and over a long row of cars. Well worth taking an unplanned detour. I think we should all follow rainbows if we can.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 You have been very lucky to see some! I love rainbows. I think they are a good reminder to us of the beauty that surrounds us every day. They make us stop and look around. After I turned around to get back on the highway, I met another car that had pulled off to admire the view.

rubysmama rubysmama I love them too! A beautiful sky can change my day anytime!! I often look for rainbows too but wasn’t even looking for one as I headed home. It had been so rainy and dreary, it just lit up the whole day! X 2 :) When I happened upon that little pond that reflected the rainbow it was even better! X4! :cloud9: The sunset and clouds were an amazing finish.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Pawpurr actually lives with my elderly neighbor. He had heard the kitty but the cats here alerted me. Then the neighbor called me about this giant kitty that was sitting by the shed. Lol Pawpurr is not a giant kitty to me but....
The elderly neighbor has fallen for Pawpurr and they needed each other so it has worked out well. I am kind of a second guardian and keeping check on them. I have supplied the things needed to have a kitty in the house. The name came because Prints was here and Pawpurr appeared shortly afterwards as a lost poor kitty. Now Pawpurr is as rich with love as any Prince or Prints.
Bubble people are sad if you ask me. They don’t always get a glimpse of the rest of life but in my experience, it’s very tough for them when they do since they are ill prepared. I think they just live in the middle of joy or sorrow. Neither fully known unless the bubble pops. It must be overwhelming when it does. I think they were raised to be sheltered in an attempt to protect them in some cases. In nature, baby creatures are taught how to survive. A bird learns to fly. I think some humans are afraid to let the babies fly or they don’t know how to teach them. Perhaps we are seeing change that will make everyone more aware of the value of life.
A double rainbow is always a very good thing for me. Joy! Pure joy.

BellaGooch BellaGooch Pawpurr is so cute! Another laughing cat but with a bit of spice. Ginger, of course! Lol

That double rainbow made me happy! Lol I was pointing it out to passing cars and others started smiling and looking up. Then they were pointing at it too. No one ignored it. Sky art that was meant to be shared.;) I’m sure that others there felt happy too.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose That is one of my very favorite songs. I have posted it , quite a while back, on the favorite albums and songs thread. I can visualize the place where all is well and blue birds fly. I’m glad you posted that. It’s beautiful. I hope you and all there are well too.🐦🌈

M maggiedemi Lady would get punched for snuggling? Lol That’s okay because she would teach some manners or just stick out her tongue. Lol

Smolder? I think you will do that just fine. Be careful about playing with fire though!;)

Banjo probably did teach Pawpurr since she is the rescuer. Lol Pawpurr is a girl. She is a jokester too! She sits at the door and waits for my visits when I call ahead. Her human thinks that’s hilarious. She is extremely playful. She chases her toys, tosses them in the air and when she is finished she puts them in her secret hiding place. Under the dresser. Each morning she retrievethem so her human will join her in a game. They are a good match for each other.

Definitely start looking for rainbows. They can bring light to a dark day.

I don’t know how well everyone can see it but there is a very long line of cars behind me. I’m sure they all wondered at first why I was pointing the camera back out the car window. Lol Hopefully they all looked back. It was worth turning around to see. That’s why I made a detour before coming home. I just had to go the other way long enough to look. Sometimes catching a red light is a good time to look around.
082D3590-F7E8-41B9-87D4-3B6F49B8CB74.jpeg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Smiles for today anyone? The ferals never leave without a smile being given.

You had fun with your Ginger day?
127822B0-49D8-4FA1-834B-3BEB53D46EB5.jpeg

But what about us? We’re part of the rainbow too!
8DE33179-1F69-4FEF-9CAD-5C9E1FC2886E.jpeg

Prints, ask Wanda Heart to share.
3F800E60-2905-47F9-8BA6-0C2E0B8D5CD0.jpeg

Well, of course!
8ED228A9-2F6B-421F-9943-3FA071EF38BE.jpeg

She said yes?!
1522A225-A9EF-41C8-8070-550564A6B737.jpeg

I love Wanda Heart.
06CDCB53-34D5-424E-A9AC-3286A2969D94.jpeg

I know you do Prints. Lol
36E8CD6B-EFDB-421B-9F70-7C35540A9337.jpeg

I love you!
1EF45F39-AE41-4AA2-9BBA-37AF347F984C.jpeg

She makes me smile.
655D9629-91AF-4B4D-B819-CCF14F5B1D24.jpeg

You’re such a sweet kitty Prints.
CB910AEE-FAEA-43DB-A4FE-21CF66E88A4D.jpeg

We all love you too!!
EE10BC5C-FB05-4BB7-BD6A-51C0A2C4002B.jpeg

I love you too human.
CE8AE897-07A0-453E-A9FF-3361209B9A4E.jpeg

Awww. :blush: Everyone should be held by a kitty!!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Smiles for today anyone? The ferals never leave without a smile being given.

You had fun with your Ginger day?
View attachment 366675
But what about us? We’re part of the rainbow too!
View attachment 366676
Prints, ask Wanda Heart to share.
View attachment 366677
Well, of course!
View attachment 366678
She said yes?!
View attachment 366679
I love Wanda Heart.
View attachment 366680
I know you do Prints. Lol
View attachment 366681
I love you!
View attachment 366682
She makes me smile.
View attachment 366683
You’re such a sweet kitty Prints.
View attachment 366684
We all love you too!!
View attachment 366685
I love you too human.
View attachment 366687
Awww. :blush: Everyone should be held by a kitty!!
(I had to disengage my ear from the side of my Big Blue laptop to type. He is purring up a storm. I'm thinking he really likes seeing and reading about beautiful skies and safe, well cared for, much loved feral and rescued cats. Do you think that's the reason?)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BellaGooch BellaGooch Prints is a darling and Wanda Heart is a sweetheart. They are both completely precious kitties. I’m glad you found a smile! :)

tabbytom tabbytom It’s always amazing how love has wings. You can’t keep it in.
💓🌈💞 Rainbows might be pathways for it to travel. :hugs:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I hope that is the reason! I would love to think that seeing the kitties and rainbow skies would make Big Blue happy too! Can anyone resist a rainbow?

I am going to post early today. I have plans coming up for tomorrow and may not be on. Nothing bad. It’s Sarahs’ day. I always try to do something positive on that day. So..... an early laugh?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BellaGooch BellaGooch Prints is a darling and Wanda Heart is a sweetheart. They are both completely precious kitties. I’m glad you found a smile! :)

tabbytom tabbytom It’s always amazing how love has wings. You can’t keep it in.
💓🌈💞 Rainbows might be pathways for it to travel. :hugs:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I hope that is the reason! I would love to think that seeing the kitties and rainbow skies would make Big Blue happy too! Can anyone resist a rainbow?

I am going to post early today. I have plans coming up for tomorrow and may not be on. Nothing bad. It’s Sarahs’ day. I always try to do something positive on that day. So..... an early laugh?
An early laugh, and a wonderful day tomorrow full of cherished memories, I hope!
Rainbows are lovely and deeply symbolic in so many ways to so many all over the world. Cats, now? I can NEVER resist a cat.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Stopping in very quickly so no one will worry. I'm taking a week offline...doing nothing but emails (those MUST be done daily!) while I get my apartment cleaned out and cleared out. SOMEHOW, stacks of things have developed everywhere, and two of the four closets need major reorganizing! Wish me luck, and I'll be thinking of ALL of you, no matter how many feet you have!

SCAMPER is doing very well! He is comfy with me being outside, and is again demanding strokes and loves while he eats. His bad leg had a couple of very raw spots on it, but they look clean, and he is allowing me to put neosporin on the spots twice a day, so that's a good thing! I'll know in another day or two how that's going.

See you all next week! I'LL MISS YOU!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat Stevens did a song called “Can’t keep it in” and I thought of that today. M maggiedemi Had wonder if Lady and Purry could be a love match and take their walks together. We tried that out today.

Cat thoughts from Lady and Purry.

Purry, want to walk with Lady?
A5083AF5-3447-48EB-A519-EDD18EF59D18.jpeg

I’m going my own way.
00EB0426-9E74-411F-80BB-BBD1533DB55D.jpeg

You brought him?!?!?!?
8E1824BB-1CFD-471C-BA03-67E9D6670172.jpeg

I don’t want to go the way he is going.
6BE6A0D6-AD02-49FD-ADCF-344575E6DE99.jpeg

Purry! Lady wants to go the other way.
88874A27-C9D1-4599-8F01-C8264241BE60.jpeg

That way human!
91B64D68-8467-49C4-8650-4D3A85C32047.jpeg

This way human!
0654F4F4-E9EC-496C-A982-519C4E1592DE.jpeg

Why aren’t we moving?
86015FE3-0CA2-4646-8A39-27744BE7A361.jpeg

Because a human can’t go two ways at once. Lol
FFE08C7E-8050-4654-BBC3-7941ED380D29.jpeg

So, just go my way!
ACF2E147-F32D-4BD3-A35A-349D6087C616.jpeg

C’mon kitties. Can’t we meet in the middle?
41A3D015-195B-4483-80F8-10073BC54B02.jpeg

I see you prefer different directions but....
7D9697B9-4D27-433A-B220-639A215C26A7.jpeg

Purry, you come my way so the human will move!
2A1C3A23-9A1B-4697-BDF4-4878139A31EF.jpeg

Hmmmph.

Lady, you come towards me so the human will move.
F3FE411C-44DB-4EEC-B45E-66A2E528FF43.jpeg

Rats. This isn’t working.
BF95B9FE-1E44-493D-90B9-1DCE23EBD1AD.jpeg

Well, we agree on that.
0654F4F4-E9EC-496C-A982-519C4E1592DE.jpeg

I have an idea Purry.
FFE08C7E-8050-4654-BBC3-7941ED380D29.jpeg

We can give the human what she wants.
ACF2E147-F32D-4BD3-A35A-349D6087C616.jpeg

Awwww! Kitties!!You are giving a kiss!
21F7F35F-5050-4656-9F5F-0FCE64826DA8.jpeg

Now.
4A0F64A9-6B93-4EA7-8605-CF9F5665DEE3.jpeg

Good kitties!
BF148A35-C4B5-4EC4-BDFB-406C4C2032F4.jpeg

Can we all go the same direction?
BDE3165E-DF43-4CD1-A8BB-7E86001E48DE.jpeg

Well.....
486134C7-9B9C-451E-B06C-E0B4683C287E.jpeg

What do you think Purry?
45EB519A-3576-42E6-8B87-0E6BC6E4D4C6.jpeg

I want to go that way.
CF8E4641-75ED-49A2-BDB7-F64B2CC4D5A8.jpeg

And I still want to go this way! :doh: Human gives up.
373C3656-15BA-44C0-8F41-504557D7020A.jpeg

Purry, you better not tell anyone what we did or I’ll swat you!
AEC2E599-BC6E-4CC6-AEED-84CCF47A8D76.jpeg

Hey BJ! Got a question?
Yes! Purry, did Lady give you a kiss?
B8EA5869-B3F9-4607-8714-3ADEFA5E8071.jpeg

Ummm. I can feel the swat already.
I’ll never kiss and tell!
322F096D-4F32-4F2E-87D1-F13592EBFC28.jpeg

Soooo, can I got out with Lady next time? Well Bonjure, maybe you better ask Lady yourself!
DB49A092-388E-40C4-8FD3-DB4ED0CF6147.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMC! Purry and Lady! Human can't do that! Why don't you walk one with with her, and then the other? *You look really cute in your harnesses and leashes!* I hope Bonjure gets his wish! How about it, Jcatbird Jcatbird ?

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Good that Scamper is letting you doctor his wounds. Hoping they heal up fast and that he doesn't get any more of them! Good luck on the cleaning/reorganizing. Dusting is the one cleaning thing I really don't like but I knew I had to do it today, so after I finished cleaning the floors, I did that. Three humans and two cats can generate a lot of cleanup!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! I had some glitches trying to get that last post straightened out. I don’t know why the photos didn’t end up where they were supposed to be but..... it took awhile to get it straight. Just one of life’s’ little jokes. Hopefully no one was too confused. If so, go back and try again.,:lol:
I still ended up with one photo at the bottom. It looks like the kitties in that one were confused too!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 It sounds like a bit of time off is important. You will be missed but certainly take the time needed and be careful doing all that sorting out. I hope Scamper heals well and I am so glad to hear that he is much more calm. Dear Scamper. Be well sweet furry one!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I don’t know if you saw the post as scrambled eggs or after I put Humpty Dumpty back together again. ( and they said it could not be done! Lolololol ) It should be fairly straight now with pictures and captions together again. I hope!
A couple of early laughs on that debacle! I hope everyone smiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.