pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pippa. The hopes, good wishes, vibes and prayers from everyone here helped her and her human.
I don't recall Pippa's story, but glad this regal little princess is recovering so nicely. 👑

If a kitty purrs somewhere else does the world grow a little brighter? Yes. Yes.
Is that kinda like the saying- If a tree falls and no one is around to hear it, does it still make a sound? :thumbsup:

I remember you!
Awww, precious Shakesy. We could never forget you. 😍

Each of us plays an important part in the chain of events.
Yes, even those who leave teach us something. Some do come back. Not sure if it's to stay, but it's lovely having them around...😉

I was checking in and had to find some face plants
Hee hee. My faceplants are more facing downwards. Laughing so hard at Jcatbird Jcatbird crazy typos that I fall out of my chair. 🤣

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
pearl99 pearl99 Those are really cool flowers. I agree! Nature is beautiful and amazing.

M maggiedemi Pippa is a kitty that got hurt very badly. Her Mom had called and requested help and that I ask others for healing purrs. It was very touch and go for Pippa and more than one surgery as well as infection and re stitching. Seeing her healthy is wonderful!
Yes! That is like “If tree falls in the Forrest.” Purrs do make the world brighter so I guess the tree does make a sound. Lol

Let’s hope that those who return do stay. I prefer hellos over goodbyes.;)

Do be careful if you fall out of your chair.:flail:Maybe you need pillows around it because I am sure more typos will come up! It’s these paws of mine.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to go and do a couple of quick errands. I saw a beautiful tree.
ABF9FBD1-F93D-4BE7-9CAA-18F38EB835DF.jpeg

Huh. The cats are all sound asleep but the sofa covers are a wreck!
106C82FA-3D24-4BAA-A77F-751C8A3D8224.jpeg

Poor kitties must be really bored. Nothing to do but curl up in the covers.
E2DA5EB5-A317-45DF-A51A-C789DE4CB85C.jpeg

Were you bored here by yourselves?
D2B65EC7-36CD-450B-9627-A911197E8F82.jpeg

Yes. Nothing at all to do.
20C0B890-9E61-4555-B443-F93C103E81FF.jpeg

Is that right BJ? You fellows look tired.
BE44AFD4-DD46-4AC4-ADF5-455E73D6DA1C.jpeg

Well.... Thrasher made all the guys practice cat dancing!
603D40F9-074D-4CF7-9AD1-140988B633AF.jpeg

Hahahahahahaha! You missed a really good show mom! They all have four left paws!
F9649258-854B-4E99-98D9-3B91A3A3C799.jpeg

Wow! You just never know what the cat are doing when you leave the house!

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! You just never know what the cat are doing when you leave the house!
Too true! I feel like when I'm gone my cats mostly sleep lol.
I think this goes for all pets- We once returned to find our puppy who, at the time, slept in a crate, not only out of his crate, but also with various chewed up paper towels and stuff strewn about the floor. :rolleyes: Dogs are weird.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Too true! I feel like when I'm gone my cats mostly sleep lol.
I think this goes for all pets- We once returned to find our puppy who, at the time, slept in a crate, not only out of his crate, but also with various chewed up paper towels and stuff strewn about the floor. :rolleyes: Dogs are weird.
Oh my one time when I left my labrador Pearl in the kitchen while out with my daughter (this was about 2001) we came home to find Pearl had torn up her dog bed made of foam and it looked like 2 inches of snow in the kitchen. My daughter went in first and then closed the door and said "you don't want to go in there." :lol:

Jcatbird Jcatbird , what a tree! Spanish moss! I remember that on the trees when we lived in Houston as a kid, I loved it.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BellaGooch BellaGooch Dogs have personality too. They are a bit less independent IMHO. Not all dogs. My big boy, Blue never wanted to be away from me. I had to go to the hospital by ambulance once and Blue was intimidating to the people trying to get me help. He was the size of a baby cow! Lol When he followed all my commands they realized he was a great fellow and were willing to come in to get me. After I was on the gurney, they started laughing. I looked down at my feet and Blue was slowly putting one paw and then another up on the gurney. He was trying to sneak up to go with me! Hard to be unnoticed when you are bigger than your human. Dogs are very different but still very loving.
pearl99 pearl99 Whoa! I have cats that tear up rolls of TP but not a room full! Lol Funny you should mention beds though. The Bengal boys just opened up a cot mattress! Yep! Foam stuffing outside the mattress cover, cats inside. :doh: I liked that little cot and thought they would too. I guess they did!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Bengal boys are fond of the camera but I did catch a bit of the action with the mattress. It’s only a couple on inches thick and cot width. Thank goodness it wasn’t a regular king size one! I actually knew they were up to something when I heard a ripping sound on their monitor. Lol They did a very best job of seam ripping. Lol The mattress is no longer on the cot. They pulled the whole thing onto the floor. Big kitties make big messes. :oops::lol:

That’s Jeremiah inside the mattress.
E48A5FAB-4991-499C-96C8-7922361371ED.jpeg

Wasn’t I supposed to do this?
A9502A6A-046F-433C-BDD9-29371DD218E5.jpeg

We really need to get Banjo to print up a “Do Not Disturb” sign for us.
257D53EC-2652-4462-86CD-7158B9EAF887.jpeg

Okay human. Put down the cover!
A1A4D09A-E674-41C3-8AD2-F79BE173219A.jpeg

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Omg, what silly kitties! Cats sure know how to make a fuss! Agreeing with rubysmama rubysmama , I'm not sure if ripping up an entire mattress was the best way to get attention :lol2: Silly boys, you gotta love them!
Jcatbird Jcatbird Cats are DEFINITELY more independent! Although I love dogs, I've always had a special place in my heart for kitties :catlove:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was a trick that Bashful pulled- she tore a hole in the dust cover of the box springs, then climbed inside. I had to get sheets of 1/4 inch hardboard to place between the bed frame rails to keep her, and the others, out.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let’s hope that those who return do stay. I prefer hellos over goodbyes.;)
My "prodigal" friend is traveling down south for his music. I jotted down the town names for you- Juno Beach & Riviera Beach in Florida, Pooler & Port Wentworth in Georgia. Any sound familiar? :musicnote::musicnote:

Poor kitties must be really bored. Nothing to do but curl up in the covers.
That cat pile looks inviting! I wouldn't mind climbing in. :thumbsup:

Dogs are very different but still very loving.
I was terrified of dogs my entire life. But once I faced my fear, I seemed to have good instincts with them. Hmmm...another life metaphor? ;)

That was a trick that Bashful pulled- she tore a hole in the dust cover of the box springs, then climbed inside.
Demi & Maggie did that to my mattress. They still climb in there sometimes. Demi does the moonwalk upside down in there. :lol:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama I think they went inside the mattress to AVOID being in the spotlight. :lol: They love being up very high or being inside of caves. They really don’t like the camera. If I have someone over and take them to meet the boys, you would never know those cats are there! Silent and fast, they vanish at first. After some soft calling and convincing, two of the three will come out to visit. Cheetah is the last kitty out every time. He will visit but he in not big on having strangers pet him. Sherbie and Jeremiah will nearly knock you over for pets once they come out! Lol I always tell newcomers,” Brace yourself one they start rubbing against you! “ Sherbie likes to jump on backs for a piggyback ride too! Every day during gold panning, I have a furry orange observer on my shoulder.

pearl99 pearl99 Kind of weird to see the mattress moving.:lol: It grew legs! Not where I would want to lay down!

BellaGooch BellaGooch Dogs are different but I have loved my share. Cats have played a much larger role in my life though. There just something about kitties! Lol
Those Bengal boys did a thorough job! Lol Thry are just following their instincts. They are pretty funny kitties. Shy until you know them and then they are all over you! They enjoy a hobby too. Human climbing. They have some amazing skills. There is a regular bed in the room. I don’t know why they chose that little mattress. It obviously provided them with a lot of fun!

@NY cat manThe regular mattress in that room has a burrow hole in the box spring cover too. It wasn’t the Bengal boys though. It was Precious and then the others discovered the cave and it turned into a kitty cave. I have it blocked off but I’m time, someone may decide to try another corner. It was kind of funny to go looking for missing kitties and then look inside a Forrest of springs to see lots of cat eyes looking back! Kitties! I guess Bashful wanted a private room. ;)

M maggiedemi Any way you can message is fine but I would like to give one piece of info here if possible.

You did face your fear and came out with something great! You saved a life! It doesn’t get much better!

I do know the places mentioned!
Okay. I would do a face plant if I looked in the mattress to see Demi scooting along with a moonwalk!

:flail:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It wasn’t the Bengal boys though. It was Precious
Isn't Precious a Bengal too? :headscratch:

You did face your fear and came out with something great! You saved a life! It doesn’t get much better!
What was amazing is the time that pit bull lunged at me and almost took my arm off. But I instinctively pulled my arm back, pointed to his yard, and told him to get back. I don't know where I got that from. But it worked! I try to think of solutions now, rather than quaking in fear, if you know what I mean... ;)

I would do a face plant if I looked in the mattress to see Demi scooting along with a moonwalk!
It is the cutest thing ever! He goes backwards upside down, just like the moonwalk. I never saw anything like it. :vancat:😍

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi Precious probably does have Bengal genes too. He looks like he could be from the same litter but I know he wasn’t. Same time period. He doesn’t stay with the others though. He stays where I can watch him all the time since he has anxiety issues. He needs his time out sometimes when he gets too excited. His brother was Saffron. He got along great with Saffron all the time but Saffron got adopted. His sister was Lambie who also got adopted and his mom is Mama. Precious is probably the most muscular of all the cats here. Cheetah and bothers are muscular too but a bit leaner. Precious is like picking up a lead block! Lol Or having one land on your shoulder!

Your instincts with that dog were very good. I always say that we need to trust our instincts. I’m glad you did.

I wish I could see that upside down moonwalk!:flail:🌝:vancat:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Smokey got BJ interested in brushing again! For those who don’t know, I used a brush as a tool when trying to socialize BJ. It was very helpful in showing him touch from a human. Once he allowed pets he wasn’t too interested in the brush anymore but it looks like that may be changing thanks to Smokey! Some of the pictures are a bit blurry because BJ was behind me on the arm of the sofa. Hard to brush and photograph behind your head! Lol

Brush me mom!
EF025BA4-6686-43B7-88D3-6ECC1AF6377A.jpeg

It feels so good! Everyone should do this. Try it BJ!
560742FA-0073-4AF8-B20E-F48CCEBE50E7.jpeg

Brushes are for girls!
E5541EFC-957E-4811-AE62-5C59B22B6E07.jpeg

Your loss BJ!
E238AB2B-55C1-4C66-AB69-BB7884479D0B.jpeg

Well.... let me watch.
97A3EB31-BE16-4C9C-8972-31684493B450.jpeg

Try it BJ!
9E962045-FB20-48B8-B8DF-1DBA29F299CB.jpeg

Hmph. Smells a little like me and some nice ladies!
3A775D03-26D3-4036-AB49-AE81189F0A8D.jpeg

Feel good?
991A45CE-2724-4038-8FB2-B4AB2247F5FD.jpeg

Try it on your neck.
8C17CC12-07C5-4A75-952D-59E15E20688A.jpeg

I think I recognize that brush!
834BA6EC-F41C-4976-B64D-A689611931FE.jpeg

Those memories are pretty good ones! I got to come inside! It does feel good!
6FB40A13-626C-4DE9-A274-5FB75EF70DCD.jpeg

I told you so!
A4CCB332-84AD-43AB-ACFC-30606285D833.jpeg

It also makes you look very handsome.
C4301DB2-9782-491D-BBC7-36F501DC5A3D.jpeg

You smell nice BJ. How about a little kiss from Smokey?
DFF625D6-DABC-4D86-A532-3C2097247C38.jpeg

Ahhh! And just like that, BJ has won another girlfriend.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.