maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man Then you know what it’s like! A hornet packs a huge punch, a bee leaves the stinger so it pumps pain but yellow jackets attack in numbers and don’t stop! I know that leaving the lawn mower running can cause them to stay and attack the mower engine but , sadly, I wasn’t mowing. I was wearing two thick shirts, my mosquito hat and gloves so part on me was protected or only got part of the stinger. A couple managed to get under the collar of my shirt and some stung through the shirts. Anything exposed was located! Lol I wish I had been wearing two layers of jeans too! They managed to get under the long sleeved outer shirt and those two came inside with me. Funny what you will grab when being stung. WD-40 works on everything! My long hair was a net for one. He got a hot shower and shampoo! :lol:

tabbytom tabbytom Yellow jackets sting repeatedly and they swarm as they chase you. Amazing how fast they can get us to run! 🏃‍♀️ I think I got about 15 stings before I made it inside. The last one got caught in my hair! Yikes! No wonder I couldn’t out run that one. Hitch hiker! Lol I looked worse later but now I have stripes and spots like a kitty. I must be a ginger? Lol Thank you to you and January!

Furballsmom Furballsmom Thank you! Hanging in there. I certainly can’t lay in there. Lol😂

@WhenallhellbreaksloseThank you. I didn’t go to the doc but I have been stung before by many things. I had antihistamines on hand along with some old time remedies. Meat tenderizer makes a good poultice for the pain. I used the whole bottle this time.🥺

Lari Lari Thank you! The worst of the pain is over. It was a verrrry long night. Now the itching begins. Lol It could have been much worse but as soon as the first one hit, I knew to back away.

rubysmama rubysmama I am also glad they didn’t get my face. I’ve gotten stung by a hornet on the lip and the eye before. I looked like I had been on the loading end of a battle! Lol The most pain was in my back! Most of the stings hit there as I bent down to protect myself when I started moving quickly. I made the big mistake of swatting and killing the first one. That brought the others. I should have just brushed him away but it was at the back of my leg and I first thought it was a carpenter ant. When I got bitten on the neck, I saw what was after me. Time to run! I bet it looked kind of funny from a distance. Running in a crouch. The cats just saw a blur of human as I streaked past and they couldn’t understand why I would not let them in the room as I did my Yellowjacket dance! No cats got stung! Yay!!!!! There was one escaped bug that they tried to go after but I got to it first. Into a jar and out the door! Jar and bug flew through the air!:yess:

I have set a Yellowjacket trap now. If I can get the colony, I will dig for the queen. I hope I don’t have to kill them. They don’t usually build in the same spot each year so maybe they will move further away. The ground nests are not always easy to find unless you step on them. I can’t risk having Lady or Purry stung. I’m pretty sure that the hornets here have been after the yellowjackets and that’s why Purry and I got stung earlier.If all else fails, I’ll feed them towards the quietest corner of the property and steer clear! I need a beware of the stingers sign! Hmmm. I could used that a couple of years ago to keep trespassers away!;)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi I do get my share! Lol I am outside and often disturbing foliage as I work so.... it happens. This area is a perfect habitat for all things. It has pros and cons but the pros make it worth the occasional con. Most of the time I see things , like that caterpillar, before I get stung. I know where the yellowjackets are living now so I will stay clear until winter cold sets in. Next year , I’ll be watching for a new nest. Healing vibes are welcome and protecting vibes... even better! Thank you!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch etc. lol I am trying my best to stop. Itch, itch, itch now! Lol
Scamper! :yess::yess:X:yess: Tummy, chin and ears? That is wonderful news! That’s big progress!
Do you think that Scamper would like for us to scritch each other right now? I would gladly lay next to him for chin scritches. Tell him
I am just a large , but friendly, spotted ginger.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What happens when you get lots of stings? I wish I could set these up so you could scan through them in fast sequence. Lol It provides a certain effect. :runaround:
At first I was seeing spots!
55A9CA6B-8156-47E3-8DB8-0878BF5CF519.jpeg

I felt like I might need to say Bonjure. I saw Lots of spots!
C35490E2-0E66-4245-A80D-6C500965372C.jpeg

Then I Thrashed around got a bit of tunnel vision.
CA58758C-7D55-4F14-945A-661049B2C55D.jpeg

I kept hearing mouse jokes!?!?
2AC5E185-4885-4B3D-BEBF-F71017F926F3.jpeg

Mackie! A bug let you out?
9BFE608B-E7F9-402C-815D-6D3AD69087CC.jpeg

Smokey smoked the big out.
E0658F12-5C54-4478-99D2-4382C7641D54.jpeg

Banjo at the end of the tunnel?
3DD5E353-445D-4EF0-A40D-59218613AFDE.jpeg

Going to help mom...
F1DB2425-AC02-4837-94B8-6EA561564D1E.jpeg

By making Banjo music with the bell in the ball?
944EC87E-5E07-4A41-9668-3132CA463137.jpeg

Ahhhh, making the balls spin doesn’t help.
E9D92320-7F97-4AF3-B80C-4CA2ED0B87D5.jpeg

Just follow the bouncing ball mom!
9AEB8BEF-ABE3-4703-9A08-4138F60237C6.jpeg

:stars: :insertevillaugh:
5DE8EE78-26BB-40BC-A7E0-0683159D7C0A.jpeg

Is everything leaning now?
C7D626AF-DA1D-4ED1-9796-0783654AC57A.jpeg

No mom! It’s me Flowers. I’m just climbing down out of the cage to check on you.
C576C761-60C4-4DE4-855D-443D1027F07D.jpeg

I think she had some catnip! Or maybe she NEEDS some catnip? I say we should open the emergency cat toy box and get some.
2F91B953-75EB-4D25-9429-2E8D79887F6D.jpeg

I’m not really sure but as I tossed and turned last night, I could have sworn that the cats put some catnip on my pillow. I know they all had a nice time walking around on me as I tried to sleep. I’m sure they were just giving me healing purrs. :purr::gingercat::runningcat::cutecat::dizzycat::winkcat::climbcat::greenpaw::bluepaw::bicolorcat::lol:

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, so cute!!! We had a tunnel for Willow and she used to play in it- it was her favorite toy for a while,m but then she got bored with it and decided she didn't like it anymore :lol: She also destroyed the toy at the end of it lol.
I've been watching this thread for a while, but this is the first time that I've commented on it. I love how many cats you've taken in and cared for- It is so cool and I wish I could do it! :rock::bunnydance:
P.S. Hopefully you sleep better tonight!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can now briefly stroke Scamper's tummy! We progress.
That is progress! I still can't pet Demi & Maggie on the tummy and it has been 6 years! :cheerleader:

Meat tenderizer makes a good poultice for the pain.
Hmmm....I could make a joke, but I won't. :thumbsup:

Into a jar and out the door! Jar and bug flew through the air!:yess:
That's an exciting visual. Just throw the whole jar out the door. :lol:

I do get my share! Lol I am outside and often disturbing foliage as I work so.... it happens.
I guess that kind of explains all the mishaps then. My city girl brain was thinking "Dang, that's a lot!" 😉

We had a tunnel for Willow and she used to play in it- it was her favorite toy for a while,m but then she got bored with it
I bought my cats a tunnel, but it was too small. They couldn't walk through it and they wouldn't crawl through it. 😕

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BellaGooch BellaGooch Well hi! I am so glad you posted! I love hearing from others about their kitties! Thank you so much for reading about these kitties. They are such a wonderful group of cats and they really needed to be brought to a safer place. I still miss the ones that got adopted but these are plenty to keep me hopping. If you REALLY want to do this too, the more the merrier! Come south but watch out for the yellow jackets! Lol
Willow! A tunnel destroyer to be respected! Lol These cats don’t really want to sit inside the tunnel. They like to send it rolling across the floor or spy on other cats from one end. Beware walking past the other end of the tunnel as a cat will dash through for a sneak attack! The toys hanging on the end are a tool for the cats to use to lure others. Lol Hear the bell? Come and look inside! Pounce!

Sleep better? I actually got up last night and laid on the sofa for awhile. When I went back to bed....so funny.... there wasn’t a spot left. So... can you guess what I did? Do I wake up kitties or tip toe away? Hint. I did sleep better. It was kind of lonely at first though. This morning the cats were still laid out all over the bed. They never budged all night. :lol: The minute I woke them it was breakfast time! Empty bed in a split second. Bedlam?
Very glad you are here! A cat picture would be welcomed! Meet and greet all the others here! Afterwards though, be warned that my phone screen may have kitty kiss residue all over it! tRhis is a loving group of cats. Maybe a frog kiss too.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama That is so funny! I love smiley faces but that’s the first one I have seen like that on a cat. :flail: Unusual breed.
Smile through the pain! It’s hard to hold in the smiles around here. The cats won’t allow it. They have given me intensive cat pain management training. The cat distraction method is quite effective too. You forget the sting if a little claw pierces the tummy during kneading. Works every
time! Cats are so smart and helpful. Lol
Just to be clear, the slip on the welcome mat was ALL me and I got myself into that one. Lol However, the yellowjackets got into me on that mishap. I did not invite them in either! Quite rude of them if you ask me. Maybe they did explain the rules but... I guess it’s hard to understand Yellowjacket speak when they are speaking from under your shirt. :lol:
Run? Don’t run? I could use a little adrenline to finish my chores? Uhhhh, no thank you. Lol I’m going to have to find a universal language. Maybe music?

tabbytom tabbytom I will have to go and check the out! I know there must be some really cute photos there and I always love photos! Thank you for the link.:cloud9:

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 So sorry! I meant to answer about the flower before now. So far I have not caught much of a scent. It may be that I am not smelling it at the right time of day though. If it is pollinated by a moth, it may be scented late at night. It just smells sort of like a torn blade of grassroots or a little bit funky at times. I think the pollinator may tiny flies or ants. One of the swallowtail butterfly caterpillars eat the leaves to gain a protective chemical that provides toxicity. The leaves are very fragrant!
I do have a cloud that visits. People think it’s a bit unlucky but since everything has turned out okay, maybe it’s actually a lucky cloud! Lol Silver lined. It’s just hard to see that part when I’m jumping around or holding a bumped noggin. Lol

M maggiedemi That is a lot of progress for Scamper! Pf course, Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 is spending a lot of concentrated time on that one. He needs it. Your kitties already know they have it made in the shade. Lol They don’t need to get tummy rubs when they own the world. Don’t give up though. Maybe one day they will want something and offer a tummy?
Meat tenderizer. Well, I guess my flesh was already pounded out by the bugs! Verrrry tender at first. As you know, we always need a joke here.
These cats aren’t sure about going in the tunnel either. A fast dash by the smaller ones but Bonnie is afraid that all the junk in his trunk will get stuck. Lol It might. Imagine a walking , upright, tunnel with big black paws. :lol:

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, thanks for replying! I love reading this thread and I'm sure I will become more involved and whatnot from now on. i don't really know why I haven't commented before lol, but I'm glad I decided to :)
Thanks! we have opened our home up to a few ferals/strays before (which is how we ended up with all of our cats, actually), but my family is happy with the number of cats we have right now.
Hahaha... Willow is a very energetic kitten. She loves playing (like most kittens do) and will play with anything she can find. (including her mama's tail or the dog's ears.) However, she loves being held and pet. Here are some pictures of all of the cats we have right now:
1603855834792.png
1603855719546.png
Eden, Willow's mom, is also a tortie, who loves the outdoors. She LOVES getting pets, and makes friends with every human she meets. She'll gladly climb into your lap in exchange for a few pets.

Finally, we have Pants, a clumsy and loveable, adorable kitty; He has many times walked into objects because he was paying attention to another human or cat (poor guy), but he is the sweetest kitty ever:

I'm glad you slept better! Hope you are feeling better after all of that stinging!!!!! So sorry about that :(
Thanks for being so welcoming! I've been a part of TCS for a little while, but only about 6 months ago did I really start getting involved with this community. (and I'm so glad I did!!!) This is such a great community and I'm so happy to be a part of it :)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose I don’t know if you or BellaGooch BellaGooch are familiar with the love between Banjo and her Frog Prince but tonight is a two part story. Do you like love stories? Lol This one is a little different.
The thoughts of a cat and a frog follow, with a few human comments. This is for you both and I thought that
Grayson’s Mummy Julia Grayson’s Mummy Julia might find it sweet as well.

Hmmm. Banjo and her brother, Whistle pulled the curtain down. Watching for Froggie?
B57C8602-B7DB-427D-A780-F0419CF618D1.jpeg

Yep! Froggie knocked on the door!
A42538AC-F758-4C37-A1C7-222A98E8AE60.jpeg

He’s up high on the door Banjo!
ADDA99A7-E3F9-4F8C-A767-D0076963F9E2.jpeg

Get on top of this bin and I’ll pull you closer. Going for a ride! Lol
585E328A-E096-4854-B2B6-F2E53C76D834.jpeg

Can you reach now?
335AF5D4-9069-4738-A1DE-AD6E219B6054.jpeg

Still too high? Talk to Froggie.
C5649551-4902-4C5B-94F3-933BE9B33635.jpeg

Hey Froggie! Where have you been?
FB2F0901-2CE3-4C40-8FAC-BAED78CB8C5D.jpeg

Can you hear me?
C6088586-6368-432F-9E12-89BEBE91A9F2.jpeg

FC30585C-4883-4AE1-A0B3-8FBC37F17E0D.jpeg

Come down lower?
F199DADA-B2D3-424E-BC3C-353664CA2A0E.jpeg

Having supper? Okay. I can wait.
EED45075-E91E-4B85-9FE7-D2AF92636DEA.jpeg

Finished?
1CF50644-DF3A-4712-A0F2-015DF6484F87.jpeg

Oh. I’ll give you another minute.
C3052BD3-C723-4D0A-8CF2-EC975D3D58B5.jpeg

Maybe I should let you eat in peace.
B727C5C3-FF94-45D4-957F-800630B36763.jpeg

Let me know when you’re finished.
3660358B-2C41-40CE-8E97-26DB90D99F19.jpeg

I hear you singing Froggie!
D737F846-E764-489D-8548-E0173479E9B0.jpeg

It’s a beautiful song.
2D76AD96-706A-4698-8482-E55456765109.jpeg

I love you too Froggie!
379DF602-B751-40B7-8736-B5890B2408D5.jpeg

You’re coming down?
C0F495E5-8283-4C27-85B2-850FB8E60EED.jpeg

Your kisses is waiting!!
8E175952-2B59-40D0-AEC7-CBF2795CC8BB.jpeg

:kitty: She did wait too but there is more to the story. Lol To be continued tomorrow! Kisses are coming! Have a wonderful night full of dreams of princes and Kitty kisses. 🐸:redheartpump::bicolorcat:

Attachments

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BellaGooch BellaGooch Awww! Willow, Eden and Pants are beautiful! Pants reminds me of Banjo! Different color eyes though. Two torties? Wow! Eden is a mellow tortie Very unusual. Lol Willow is precious. The torties here are, full of Cato rude! Lol
I so glad you have joined and joined in the conversation here. We love smiles here and you just have us a whole bunch of them! Thank you for such darling photos. We send snuggles to all! BJ will be falling in love. AGAIN! Guard your girls! Lol Pants is a really cute name!
TVS is a great place. I had seen you around a bit and I think you will be a great asset here. Welcome! There are wonderful People here on the thread too. Very special people with very special cats and all are very talented as well as experienced with kitty help. Please speak out anytime.Just so you know, I type everything on a tiny phone screen so, expect lots of typos! I am quite good at typos but Banjo helps.;)

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you!
That's so interesting about Eden- I didn't know that!
Aww, BJ.
Pants has two grey splotches on his hind legs, which makes it look like he is wearing trousers:crackup:. We adopted him from a woman who was feeding them in her apartment parking garage, and she named him, but we loved the name because it's so cute and fun!

Hahaha... Don't worry about the typos! I'm sure Banjo is a great help in that :)

Aw, it's so nice getting to know everyone on here (and their kitties!) It's so cool how we can bond, no matter where in the world we are, no matter who we are.

Have a great night :hugs:

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose I don’t know if you or BellaGooch BellaGooch are familiar with the love between Banjo and her Frog Prince but tonight is a two part story. Do you like love stories? Lol This one is a little different.
The thoughts of a cat and a frog follow, with a few human comments. This is for you both and I thought that
Grayson’s Mummy Julia Grayson’s Mummy Julia might find it sweet as well.

Hmmm. Banjo and her brother, Whistle pulled the curtain down. Watching for Froggie?View attachment 356531
Yep! Froggie knocked on the door!
View attachment 356532
He’s up high on the door Banjo!
View attachment 356533
Get on top of this bin and I’ll pull you closer. Going for a ride! Lol
View attachment 356534
Can you reach now?
View attachment 356535
Still too high? Talk to Froggie.
View attachment 356536
Hey Froggie! Where have you been?
View attachment 356537
Can you hear me?
View attachment 356538

View attachment 356539
Come down lower?
View attachment 356540
Having supper? Okay. I can wait.
View attachment 356542
Finished?
View attachment 356545
Oh. I’ll give you another minute.
View attachment 356546
Maybe I should let you eat in peace.
View attachment 356547
Let me know when you’re finished.
View attachment 356548
I hear you singing Froggie!
View attachment 356549
It’s a beautiful song.
View attachment 356550
I love you too Froggie!
View attachment 356551
You’re coming down?
View attachment 356556
Your kisses is waiting!!
View attachment 356557
:kitty: She did wait too but there is more to the story. Lol To be continued tomorrow! Kisses are coming! Have a wonderful night full of dreams of princes and Kitty kisses. 🐸:redheartpump::bicolorcat:
:bicolorcat::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:🐸
Awwwhhhh! That is cute and funny. I watch The Dodo and other animal videos all the time and love interspecies friendships. Bring Froggie in so Banjo can kiss him so he can turn into her Prince. lol If he doesn't, then call him Kermit and let him continue with his friendly visits. Keep us up to date about this blossoming friendship. Too cute. Thanks for sharing.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
:bicolorcat::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:🐸
Awwwhhhh! That is cute and funny. I watch The Dodo and other animal videos all the time and love interspecies friendships. Bring Froggie in so Banjo can kiss him so he can turn into her Prince. lol If he doesn't, then call him Kermit and let him continue with his friendly visits. Keep us up to date about this blossoming friendship. Too cute. Thanks for sharing.
If anyone is interested. I have a thread up in The Cat Lounge where everyone shares what they do to boost their immune systems this time of the year. I just updated it tonight with Golden Milk recipes. I hope someone will find this thread helpful. 🙂

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eden, Willow's mom, is also a tortie, who loves the outdoors.
Their colors are so beautiful! I'm obsessed with Torties. Please share as many pics of them as you can. 😍

The torties here are, full of Cato rude!
Ha! That sounds just like Maggie, but she's not a Tortie. She has punched all 3 humans, her brother Demi, a couple chickens, several neighbor cats....:devilish:

Eden is a mellow tortie Very unusual.
What is a Mellow Tortie? Is that similar to a Dilute Tortie? :headscratch:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BellaGooch BellaGooch Thanks about letting the typos go. Lol My eyes are old and the antihistamines I took really didn’t help! Lol
Torties can have catitude! My Muffin is very sweet but also has strong opinions. TCS is a great place to be. I am always encouraging others to join the site because of the great people here and the information provided to help kitties. There are great resources here that come from all over the world. I’m so grateful that I found the site! It’s an invaluable support system. I hope you enjoy exploring. There are some very funny threads too! I posted my cat tunnel pictures on one today. While there, I found two more to visit later. :yess: If you like music, there’s a thread for that. If you like food or coffee, you can talk about that on those threads. I just can’t seem to get to all the threads I love! The staff on site owner do a great job with this website. I’ve always enjoyed being here.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose The love story between Banjo and Froggiejas been going on for a long time. Froggie does come in sometimes and Banjo always runs the other cats away. She claimed him as her Prince from the start. Lol She kisses him all the time but I try to limit those kisses to being through the glass. A couple of kisses seemed to turn frogs into more cats! Lol Or.... maybe those cats just felt the love and followed it to the door. Wanda Heart and Prints both arrived after Froggie kisses.

Golden milk? I’ll have to go and look. Building our immune system is very important. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.