My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama I am trying to look at the photos on such a small screen right now. Lol I love the light and colors in that last photo but it’s kind of hard to see all the kitties. I decided to just stick the surprise photo of Whistle in the thread. I didn’t specify it as an entry but hope it will make people laugh. I never know what photos will do in that contest anyway. Lol I love all the entries there so voting is tough. I never vote for my own pictures because I love too many others! :flail:Dunno, maybe I should have posted a purrfect photo example but laughs are always fun. I haven’t looked to see if anyone laughed yet but I will. Hoping for smiles.
Here are a few more smiles? Hopefully.
Orchids!
F231F476-FF4D-46B6-9EF0-0A50787AB9EF.jpeg

Love the pattern.
A48B0636-25D7-4FA3-9881-DECC11DEB398.jpeg

The front part of this, the lip, is malformed but these days, people seem to like the genetic anomalies.
9208AE74-4B03-411B-941E-9BBA50EBDFBA.jpeg

Litter of kittens from my past. Oh, wait a minute. Not all from the same mom but all bonded!
Cat nap time.
91702FAE-EAC7-4231-8C07-CC12EC5D3347.jpeg

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama I am trying to look at the photos on such a small screen right now. Lol I love the light and colors in that last photo but it’s kind of hard to see all the kitties. I decided to just stick the surprise photo of Whistle in the thread. I didn’t specify it as an entry but hope it will make people laugh. I never know what photos will do in that contest anyway. Lol I love all the entries there so voting is tough. I never vote for my own pictures because I love too many others! :flail:Dunno, maybe I should have posted a purrfect photo example but laughs are always fun. I haven’t looked to see if anyone laughed yet but I will. Hoping for smiles.
Orchids!
View attachment 355449
Love the pattern.
View attachment 355450
The front part of this, the lip, is malformed but these days, people seem to like the genetic anomalies.
View attachment 355452

Litter of kittens from my past. Oh, wait a minute. Not all from the same mom but all bonded!
Cat nap time.
View attachment 355453
:sunshine: :purr::dancingblackcat:🌹🌺🌸🌼🌻🎃😻🌞🌈💖

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama I am trying to look at the photos on such a small screen right now. Lol I love the light and colors in that last photo but it’s kind of hard to see all the kitties. I decided to just stick the surprise photo of Whistle in the thread.
That pic of Whistle is great !!!! :thumbsup:

I never know what photos will do in that contest anyway. Lol
Me either. LOL. Not picking one to submit, or guessing which one will win. With both, I'm hopeless. :lol:

Definitely smiles. :hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, this is a pretty one and a good shot of it too :hearthrob: :redheartpump:

Is that you.......................? :think:
The orchids are so pretty. I’m always excited to see one bloom, no matter how many times I have seen the plant flower.
Me? I wish. Lol That isn’t me but they say there is a strong resemblance. Both physically and with kitties. Lol That is my daughter, Sarah, when she was very young. She always had a way of drawing all creatures to her. The kittens weren’t blood relatives but might as well have been. ;) :purr: That was a purrfect day.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama Photos! Lol That thread keeps me guessing. I never know so, I just have fun with it and enjoy seeing all the kitties and all the photos! I put pictures in to try and add a smile. I think Whistle is giving some laughs. He’s such a sweet little guy cat. Very innocent nature.
Very glad you got some smiles. Cats, flowers, babies! Who needs sugar when you have all those sweets around? Lol

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom I thought you might like the black kittens! Lol
Maybe you will enjoy these oldies too. The way the light hits the beak here, it almost looks like an Ivory bill but it has to be a Pileated woodpecker.
03D4134F-05C2-4C3F-9C0B-58AC092AF59E.jpeg
EEAA9D72-93BF-4254-A770-1ABE4FA1C15F.jpeg
E4DE3123-8DF6-42D2-BB6C-EE8E194E3491.jpeg
I I I I found them when I was moving some stuff around. I took these with a simple point and shoot camera back when I lived on an island. No internet or digital back then! Lol Beautiful big birds!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is my daughter, Sarah, when she was very young. She always had a way of drawing all creatures to her.
Sarah looks so pretty in that picture! 🧚‍♀️👑
For the picture contest, I like all the Banjo/Froggie pics best. Runner up pic is BJ I think, has his paw on the window, not wanting you to leave. The Lady one and the kitty looking through the rain covered window pain, those 2 look like paintings. Also like the ones of W. Heart looking at her reflection in the mirror. Lots of favorites!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi Sarah did look sweet with the kittens. I , as her mom, always knew she was beautiful. :lol:

Well.... I agree about all the pictures. The rain on the glass one was close to being chosen. The BJ one too! Banjo was my original choice but the lighting on that was kind of poor. Even though the Whistle photo wasn’t purrfect, it made me laugh every time I looked at it. The surprise on his face! Wow! A Frog?!?!? I’ve entered Banjo and BJ before but this was Whistle’s turn I guess. Banjo will be very jealous if she sees that! After all, she is the model in the family! Shhh. Don’t tell!

Furballsmom Furballsmom Those birds are huge! They make me think of some prehistoric creatures. Pterodactyls? Lol Most sites I have watched online say they are similar in size to a crow. Not here! Much larger. I have crows and Pileated and there is a good size difference. Perhaps some crow species are larger? These woodpeckers eat Carpenter Ants! Good birds to have here! Maybe that’s why these are so large! Lol

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Smiles? Courtesy of Kodiak and Lady.
I’m the only cat in the world!
E827076A-AD93-4AE4-86CE-00ED17864F8E.jpeg

Pet me human!
3B76E714-864C-41CA-AB81-041561D05489.jpeg

You need the only cat in the world!
9312177F-3F38-42B3-94FA-A8C89BB78191.jpeg

Hey, Kodiak.
441EC393-CB49-425C-9C0C-2BA7E270D8F2.jpeg

I AM another cat in the world.
31BADA3C-0540-465A-8310-FA70AB43CC6F.jpeg

I am also needed.
157E85C3-0AAB-4557-94D5-E4F1D7D4B0F7.jpeg

I can get the human to pet me too.
89B318FC-9FCC-4098-B80A-867703294E81.jpeg

Shall I demonstrate?
66439665-0AF4-41E4-B6CD-650F312CFDDC.jpeg

Done.
49B7EDAC-06E6-40D8-90E9-17FE76415457.jpeg

Too easy! Yawn!
69FE320E-C5D9-4BD5-A5DD-FC66AD68AC66.jpeg

Zzzzzzz.......
CC5DACA8-D9BA-4C5F-8CF2-09AC34F4365D.jpeg

She was just showing off.
4FEFE36F-3155-4938-8255-F123D63965DD.jpeg

Back to MY dream?
86C21864-8194-4623-8760-42D04A2BE641.jpeg

14DDBD1D-7B71-40DA-9D1C-9B1D11EF740B.jpeg

I’m the only cat in the world. I own the human. Zzzzzzzzzz.

Kodiak may not be the only cat in the world but it’s not just a dream. Her human needs her. Lady too! Also true that they own me! Lol ;) Kitties!

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Continuing on the subject of birds, I've been scanning old pictures, and found the ones of the Blue Jay I mentioned a while back. The one who used to visit my parent's place in spring and fall looking for peanuts.

Just a reminder of the story. A Blue Jay had a nest low in a tree 2 houses from my parents. One day the babies were in our driveway. Dad tried to rescue them and return them to the nest, but Momma Blue Jay was not impressed and tried to attack Dad, so he had to abandon the rescue blue jay mission.

I can't remember the exact timeline, but Mom started putting out peanuts for the blue jays. Eventually one became very brave, and demanding. We always guessed it was one of the babies Dad had tried to rescue, but no way to know for sure.

The first pics I could find of him were from 1999, and on film. The last pic was in 2007, and digital.

First he'd land on the door and announce his arrival.
1603111728558.png

And if someone didn't immediately appear with peanuts, he'd fly to the kitchen window, and squawk.

1603111832071.png

Once someone opened the door, he'd fly to the railing and wait for the peanuts.

1603111940572.png

Sometimes he'd bring his friend.
1603111977175.png

Here he is on the special peanut holder Dad built for him.

1603112115032.png

Over the years, he became extremely tame, and would take peanuts out of our fingers, and even land on a knee, if a peanut was offered.

1603112705649.png

The above pic is the last one I found of him. It was taken fall 2007. It must have been the next spring that he came back to visit, and we noticed he had an injured foot. He didn't come back that fall, or ever again.

I just Googled "how long does a blue jay live" and the answer is around 7 years in the wild. So our little guy lived an average life span for a Blue Jay. Course maybe he lived longer, but just stopped the yearly round trips, and lived out the rest of his days relaxing in a Blue Jay retirement village. ;)

Here's one last pic of our sweet little guy.

1603115094102.png

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Continuing on the subject of birds, I've been scanning old pictures, and found the ones of the Blue Jay I mentioned a while back. The one who used to visit my parent's place in spring and fall looking for peanuts.
Lovely Blue Jay and good shots of it too!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom I have always watched birds too. You may have noticed my ID here? :lol: So many birds and so little time! I have some pictures on slides of some jungle birds. It was very exciting to see soapy that I had never seen before. I caught a series of shots. They began with one photo of a hawk on a small limb in the river. As I took the photos ( my eyes only focused in the camera) I noticed the hawk looking up, starting to react and then a second hawk came into the shots. I don’t know if it was attracted to the first hawk or trying to chase it away but the series shows the beautiful movements and the first hawk remained on the limb throughout. It was just one of those rate opportunities we are amazed to witness while photographing birds. I also got to be where hundreds of Egrets were roosting. The tree tops were white with birds and they were reflected in the river water. Stunning to see.
That type of woodpecker has a distinct call and I always look for them when I hear one. They like to eat Carpenter bee larvae here too so they are helpful here. They keep my house free of invasions.

rubysmama rubysmama I just had a conversation last night about Blue Jays. I was talking about the young birds being very adventurous. They always seem to leave the nest a bit early! They don’t quite have their flying abilities all sorted out. I often find young ones here and OFTEN get pecked for my troubles. Lol The patents do watch over them as they hop around and, from what I can tell, the babies do manage to gain their wings. I feel that they can be compared to crows as far as intelligence. They always tell me what is going on around here and when I was rescuing cats, they let me know if any invaders were nearby. They saved some kitten lives. The pictures you have are fantastic! That Jay is beautiful and obviously has a lot of personality. A grateful bird too. He trusted the humans and gave attention as well as being rewarded with peanuts. Wonderful story. Thank you for sharing those pictures!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I sure could have used that die! :lol: If I find one in the future, I intend to use it for picking out photos! I try to chose and then just let it go! I keep stumbling on others that could have been candidates. :dunno::camera: With some themes I don’t really have a photo that fits but with this one, too many choices! :thumbsup: That’s okay though. I think Whistle is sharing some fun with all the other kitties there. All cuties! Die in play next time! Lol

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
have always watched birds too. You may have noticed my ID here? :lol:
Oh yea.

We have 200+ species here but many are illusive and rare but the stars are always the migrant birds. We are their stopover to fuel up before continuing their journey down south.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yea.

We have 200+ species here but many are illusive and rare but the stars are always the migrant birds. We are their stopover to fuel up before continuing their journey down south.
I have seen some beautiful migratory birds! The Scarlet Tanager and Summer Tanager both appeared one year. I had never seen them before and they were gorgeous. Have you ever seen a Painted bunting or Indigo bunting? When I lived where there was a lot of undisturbed woods next to extensive farm fields, I got to see far more types of birds than I see now.

Status
Not open for further replies.