My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I thought I would post a few flowers tonight too. Also.... at the very end of this post is a spoiler alert. A caterpillar but a verrrry beautifully colored one! Flowers first! The smile post will be separate in case anyone wants to avoid the caterpillar.
Nice orchid shots and that's a very colorful caterpillar!

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama I admit that I was really hopeful about the tech. Disappointed too. I’ll keep working for little Prints though. I was glad he got through the surgery okay though.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose I did enjoy the posts you made on the music thread and I am so glad you find that a good place to feel like home!:yess:
Prints is recovering. He IS quite a character! He keeps me laughing. In fact, our smile post tonight comes from Prints. He had lots to express about his adventure yesterday. Lol

I thought I would post a few flowers tonight too. Also.... at the very end of this post is a spoiler alert. A caterpillar but a verrrry beautifully colored one! Flowers first! The smile post will be separate in case anyone wants to avoid the caterpillar.

A Hoya. I have loved these since I was very young. They bloom in little bouquets and are sweet scented. The star shape inside the flower is awesome.
View attachment 354780View attachment 354781

A Dendrobium orchid
View attachment 354782
A cattleya in the greenhouse that is just starting to flower.
View attachment 354783View attachment 354784

Spoiler Alert!

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!
Caterpillar below!

Very cute and tiny but only if you like caterpillars!

View attachment 354785
Glad to hear that Prints is doing fine.:catlove:
Those pics of flowers are exquisite. Lol the Caterpillar is beautiful. It looks like someone knitted it together. I hope you are having a better day than me. I am listening to some music to cheer me up right now. I will go over to the music thread and share a video with you. There is nothing like music to lift your spirits on the bad days. ☺

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Prints was very excited after his neutering. This is what I think he was telling me.
B5DC8651-BC81-49CF-BD01-014428CDA881.jpeg

I heard something good from the vet! It made me smile.
CCD52DF7-160D-4056-AC0A-FA944BDC39F3.jpeg

Can I use the camera to document this?
1E4B4F8F-BEE8-460F-A43F-36E557F86B0A.jpeg

I push this little button here?
CF52CA35-F421-413F-93AF-EFD413259B54.jpeg

Okay.
E8D4D3BF-D478-4496-87BC-58ECB64C587D.jpeg

Got it!
57F5E21B-9AE8-4898-A990-F57801135C1A.jpeg

I think this is a good pose to start us out.
88396110-E054-4B87-A078-3FB94A2A2F67.jpeg

I was feeling kind of nervous being at the vet without you. She decided she should tell me a secret.
3FE783F1-9C29-40F2-B3FA-29FA5B469189.jpeg

She said that when I got home and felt better.....
F9D36E66-A166-430A-83AC-F7DE75C79501.jpeg

You would give me a can of tuna THIS BIG!
CC7A22C3-EB2A-4739-8749-0AE401813464.jpeg

They don’t make them that big? Well.... maybe it was this big. Lol
5584B508-71DB-499B-8B4D-DC1C35DE7FCD.jpeg

So..... tuna coming now?
4CD09C8D-30B8-4DC6-A439-9B12B1B379F8.jpeg

Tuna coming up! Lol I think that Prints is either very clever or must have been dreaming but either way, he had a great fish story and he gets tuna! :kitty: A little cat magic working here?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom That was a little caterpillar. I don’t know what it is but was struck by the colors. I found him on the handle of the trash can. Very glad I didn’t grab him! I have a feeling that he is bright colored for a reason! Lol
Glad you liked the orchids. I Probably should have turned off the greenhouse fans but I didn’t know that Cattleya was open yet. When it is fully opened, I’ll try for a better shot.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Bad day? So very sorry. The music thread is a great place. Have you seen the photo threads? There are some really beautiful photos there. The funny meme thread is another “spirit lifter”. I hope the music helps and may Prints can give you a smile too.:alright:

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, I did go into some of those threads tonight. Very funny stuff.
Hey Jcatbird, I already visited a few of those threads. Very funny stuff.:flail:Thanks for mention them. Have a good night.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The vet tech said her parents will not let her take Prints.
Maybe it's for the best. Sounds a little bit like my situation, with a parent controlling everything. :(

share that cake with you but BJ licked it!
That's okay. I have a feeling that Maggie licks my bread sometimes when I'm not looking. :lol:

bakes so cats could eat it. That means low sugar content.
I actually might like that better! Most desserts are too sweet for me. 👍

Cold? That’s not good! Have you considered a poncho or something similar that you can wear inside.
It would be dripping all over the place though. That's why I don't hand wash my things, no place to put them to dry. It's an impossible situation. I don't see it getting better without divine intervention or me just leaving... kinda need both. 🧚‍♀️✈🚗

They bloom in little bouquets and are sweet scented. The star shape inside the flower is awesome.
Hmmm....Sweet with a star shaped heart waiting to bloom. Is that another life metaphor? ;)

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, I did go into some of those threads tonight. Very funny stuff.

Hey Jcatbird, I already visited a few of those threads. Very funny stuff.:flail:Thanks for mention them. Have a good night.
Oh I haven't visited the pictures and memes (I don't think...who knows??) but I did tonight and it's great for laughs in these times! Love it!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama I admit that I was really hopeful about the tech. Disappointed too.
Does she plan to move out on her own soon? Maybe if her parents knew it was just temporary, they would be ok with it.

I thought I would post a few flowers tonight too.
Oh, those are beautiful.

Very cute and tiny but only if you like caterpillars!
So pretty. Wonder what he'll look like in butterfly form?

You would give me a can of tuna THIS BIG!
CC7A22C3-EB2A-4739-8749-0AE401813464.jpeg
LOVE that pic! And the caption. :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

Other threads you could check out are What's For Dinner? - 2020 and All Thing Books And Reading Thread 2020 (if you like to read) plus the Games and Fun forum.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
pearl99 pearl99 The Spiny Oak Slug Caterpillar turns into a Brown moth with a green patch on the wings. It’s a very colorful caterpillar but it’s a good thing I didn’t touch it. It stings!
You had Tuna? Prints did too. Lol The can of tuna was smaller than he had hoped but he was full after he finished it. He is doing fine so far. He slept with me last night. Thank you for asking about him!

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose I’m glad you checked out those threads. I often go looking around the site and I always find something new. Finding laughter is the BEST!

M maggiedemi I think that we probably all get a few cat licks without realizing it. I wonder if it has any vitamins? Vitamin C?:lol:

Sorry the idea about a poncho would not work. If it takes something monumental to improve things there, I’ll send you a rock so you can start carving out a new life!;) Whatever it takes. Prayers , hopes, vibes and all else are already sent.
I agree that the vet tech probably would not have been the place for Prints. If her parents don’t want him, he does not need to be there. Kind of sad for the tech. She is really missing out on a wonderful kitty. I’m glad you have Maggie and Demi! They make hearts bloom!;)
The Angel food cake wasn’t as yummy as it looked. Lol It was mostly egg whites and very few of the usual ingredients. Edible though!

rubysmama rubysmama I didn’t get the impression that the vet tech has any future plans to be out on her own. If I had to guess, she is I’m her twenties. Maybe just getting started in life or maybe her parents are elderly. I don’t know but her answer was a firm,” no.“ I took that at face value. She also didn’t hang around to chat and when I asked if she had visited with Prints while he was there she said, No, too busy”, turned and left. Body language along with her answer was enough for me. Her initial interest in Prints wasn’t enough to get him a home but I talked to someone else tonight. I will keep trying. Having him neutered and all immunizations already done may help. The new family won’t have that expense right off the bat. We know he is healthy too. All that helps when searching for adopting families. Especially now that getting these things done is harder to get scheduled. Paws still crossed!
That picture of Prints made me roll! He is so funny! If Mackie is the laughing cat, then Prints is the comedian.
Thanks for posting more great site links! Those are all great ones. There is so much to be enjoyed here on TCS!
If anyone else has a favorite to share, please do!

I love this one too!Show Us The Whiskers

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our smile tonight comes from Purry! His ear is doing well and he got a treat to use outside. If he wants to go outside now, he and Lady can enjoy the garden in style. Lol

Don’t worry Purry. No hornets here.
49827672-D858-4B3A-A5FD-75586E671081.jpeg

How do you like your harness?
FA021094-D5C9-4C40-B727-53FFF2596C1F.jpeg

Do you want to go for a walk?
45250F24-5AAD-4D2A-B685-DDA61087EE83.jpeg

The sun is nice.
9B5DD176-761E-4944-AE6E-98792A47ECBD.jpeg

Ohhhh! Sun rays just for you!
B9C9B0D0-F9DF-4F43-B242-49DDD3936EBB.jpeg

This is a great spot. You look very dashing. That bow tie suits you!
D8AA6AA4-F2A0-41ED-B2F6-5B658121F114.jpeg

Lol I think you agree!
834D40B9-4658-4650-BA1B-55E21A8B7D3F.jpeg

Time to relax?
60A84771-E6D2-4E2C-975A-FAD51346DF07.jpeg

A sun bath and a massage? Okay. I can help with that.
5B3DC1D5-2356-42A5-8B89-2D92D1AB765F.jpeg

Sun sleep? Sun snoring!!!!
52534F7E-5832-4FA3-A13E-A65D887BEBAA.jpeg

The harness is a hit! He didn’t object at all! I think Purry felt very secure and protected. It was a very nice walk. :yess:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's too bad about Prints and the vet tech, but it's probably for the best. I get the sense that he would be like a pet rock- discarded once the novelty wore off. I do hope that you are able to find a good home for him, and I know that you give it the best you've got.
As an aside, how is Wanda Heart doing these days? No more medical issues, I trust?

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Such a pretty caterpillar! When Spawn 2 was quite small, he called them "callerpitters."

Purry certainly looks handsome in that harness! So VERY ZZ Top!

"Clean shirt, new shoes
And I don't know where I am goin' to
Silk suit, black tie
I don't need a reason why

They come runnin' just as fast as they can
'Cause every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man"

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Does she plan to move out on her own soon? Maybe if her parents knew it was just temporary, they would be ok with it.

Oh, those are beautiful.

So pretty. Wonder what he'll look like in butterfly form?

LOVE that pic! And the caption. :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

Other threads you could check out are What's For Dinner? - 2020 and All Thing Books And Reading Thread 2020 (if you like to read) plus the Games and Fun forum.
Thanks. I will be exploring the other forums in the next few days. I hope you and the Kitties are doing okay. I will keep my 🤞and say a🙏 that Prints gets his Furever home soon.😻 Such a little cutie.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man Thank you for asking about Wanda Heart! She has recovered from her spay and has actually been less nervous since Prints came out of quarantine. He is back in for a week now but she seems to have a little bit of a crush on him? Lol He is a cutie. I am very relieved that she is getting over the incident that had her so nervous. She is still jumpy but maybe playing with Prints will be just the thing she needs. I have been taking Prints out of the bathroom at night so that he can sleep with me and Wanda Heart is getting brave enough to try and follow us! Sometimes distraction by a Prints does great things for a Princess! Lol

They do have something in common. They both appeared after Banjo kissed a frog!:lol:
As much as I had hoped it would be, I agree that the tech was not the right home.

rubysmama rubysmama I suspect she got a hard time when she asked to have a cat. She did tell me that she had always had dogs so maybe her parents prefer dogs. I told her that I understood and that maybe I’m the future she could get a kitty. Perhaps even try fostering first. That might be a good route for her.;)

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Callerpillars!:flail:So that’s what I heard calling my name! A callerpillar! That’s really cute. Children make the cutest verbal typos.
ZZ Top suits Purry. I think he could dance to that one! He would love to win some of the girls away from BJ. I’ll have to play that and see what happens.

Furballsmom Furballsmom That’s another great thread. Purry has been there but maybe he needs to show off his new attire! Dolly and Bonnie may get jealous though. I wonder if they make a harness big enough for Bonnie? Maybe he can try to borrow Purry’s. I doubt he would ever be brave enough to step into the garden but he could wear it inside to do the catwalk. Lol Dolly would probably slap me if I tried it with him.

tabbytom tabbytom Thank you got the heads up on the photo contest. I don’t seem to get many alerts on the things I have followed so I totally missed the last one. I love seeing the photos there. Gosh, I have so many window photos! A few mirror pictures too. I have one that shows Mountain Bear with his eyes reflecting but it’s a bit ... Vampire looking?🧛‍♂️ Lol I’ll see what I can find that might be a good one.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose I’m glad you are exploring the site. There are lots of great things to learn here and lots of people who can use support from you too. The smiles on the site are priceless! Thanks about Prints. I just know he could light up someone’s life! He really has put Prints on my heart.

pearl99 pearl99 Banjo does love watching Froggie out the window! That occurred to me too since I love watching her as she watches Froggie. I also have a nice picture that is a group shot of kitties looking out the window and another that I like. It’s kind of hard to choose when I love all the kitties in the pictures so, naturally, they are all cute to me. Lol I looked at the thread and there are some great pictures there already! I laughed a lot! There is a beautiful picture of Ruby too! The colors, composition and Ruby are purrfect. Also Tarifa looks so precious in her picture. Voting is always the hardest part! I want them all to win! Sooo many great shots! Love that thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.