My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Quick note! No microchip! :confused:
The spelling for the kitty is because he, yes HE lol must have come because of Banjo kissing Froggie! Therefore he is a Prince but he also put his pawprint on my heart. Prints! Not to mention, he has frog footprints all over his fur! I also saw him first next to the cat footprint on my front step in the concrete. It all seemed to lead to Prints which also sounds like Prince. 🐸👑 The vet says he is about 51/2 to 6 months. No diseases! Must be quarantined though in case of respiratory things that may be lurking unseen. There are some ear mites. He is not as tame as I thought. Perhaps he has been around long enough to be used to me. Not sure but.... the vet tech fell in love with the Prince! Lol She is a dog whisperer but some frog magic must havebeen in the air. She took pictures of him. Lol If her parents will allow it and no one claims him, we might have a chance there. She carried him around the office and he really took to her. She wrapped him up and carried him close. His gaze told me he approved and he calmed while she held him. We have future appointments set up in case I don’t find his family. Three other people have expressed interest but as an indoor and outdoor kitty. He is another lover cat. He rolls over for lots of belly rubs and just wants me to sit there and pet him. Head butts are plentiful! Bj descendent? He does resemble Whistle! I will be harness training him if possible. The vet told me to just work my magic on him. Lol Little does she know, it’s the cats that work the magic.

Look! Rows of frog prints!
901B6501-0113-48EA-A201-80923177DBDC.jpeg

Vet time!
63D7A12F-2320-4B83-87AC-DFEA515E306E.jpeg

No one could resist these big amber eyes and wide white paws that made lots of biscuits.
3C376CEF-279A-4A33-8C5E-E888131A116D.jpeg

He had a little tummy issue but eating some pumpkin got that straightened out before the vet check. I have a few more houses near to check for an owner but.... still hoping! We had a lot of evacuees through here. I am hoping he wasn’t dumped or lost. No matter what, he will be loved.

I got to see Shakespeare in person the other day! He remembered me! I got snuggled and he climbed all in my purse! Smells like family? Lol He has a beautiful home that is surrounded by courtyards of different levels and filled with the most beautiful gardens! He has porches and everything a cat could desire. His best friend in named Pounce. He looks just a beautiful now as he did as a kitten. His fluff has grown. Lol It did my heart good to see him so happy and well loved. My phone would not function to get pictures but I’ll be visiting him again.
C1E88048-5700-42B5-B51F-6DDA3816C0F5.jpeg
6F0E1DB5-BF05-419B-9F00-2A4CA3BB8777.jpeg

He still has cattitude and his family informed me that he rules everything!!
090485EB-31FA-4EFA-AAAA-15DD5EBD668E.jpeg
C43A8F88-807C-4161-9936-B6ED69DC2370.jpeg

He’s a big kitty now! Happy endings rule!

I hope to be back up before much longer and back tonposting to everyone. Thank you to you all for being here and to Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose I hope you have some happy endings for those kitties too.

Does everyone approve of the name Prints? Maybe it should be Printz? Of course we may find his family and discover his real name is Ralph or Fred or Kitty?

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Quick note! No microchip! :confused:
The spelling for the kitty is because he, yes HE lol must have come because of Banjo kissing Froggie! Therefore he is a Prince but he also put his pawprint on my heart. Prints! Not to mention, he has frog footprints all over his fur! I also saw him first next to the cat footprint on my front step in the concrete. It all seemed to lead to Prints which also sounds like Prince. 🐸👑 The vet says he is about 51/2 to 6 months. No diseases! Must be quarantined though in case of respiratory things that may be lurking unseen. There are some ear mites. He is not as tame as I thought. Perhaps he has been around long enough to be used to me. Not sure but.... the vet tech fell in love with the Prince! Lol She is a dog whisperer but some frog magic must havebeen in the air. She took pictures of him. Lol If her parents will allow it and no one claims him, we might have a chance there. She carried him around the office and he really took to her. She wrapped him up and carried him close. His gaze told me he approved and he calmed while she held him. We have future appointments set up in case I don’t find his family. Three other people have expressed interest but as an indoor and outdoor kitty. He is another lover cat. He rolls over for lots of belly rubs and just wants me to sit there and pet him. Head butts are plentiful! Bj descendent? He does resemble Whistle! I will be harness training him if possible. The vet told me to just work my magic on him. Lol Little does she know, it’s the cats that work the magic.

View attachment 351945
Vet time!
View attachment 351946
No one could resist these big amber eyes and wide white paws that made lots of biscuits.
View attachment 351947

He had a little tummy issue but eating some pumpkin got that straightened out before the vet check. I have a few more houses near to check for an owner but.... still hoping! We had a lot of evacuees through here. I am hoping he wasn’t dumped or lost. No matter what, he will be loved.

I got to see Shakespeare in person the other day! He remembered me! I got snuggled and he climbed all in my purse! Smells like family? Lol He has a beautiful home that is surrounded by courtyards of different levels and filled with the most beautiful gardens! He has porches and everything a cat could desire. His best friend in named Pounce. He looks just a beautiful now as he did as a kitten. His fluff has grown. Lol It did my heart good to see him so happy and well loved. My phone would not function to get pictures but I’ll be visiting him again. View attachment 351952View attachment 351954
He still has cattitude and his family informed me that he rules everything!!
View attachment 351953View attachment 351955

He’s a big kitty now! Happy endings rule!

I hope to be back up before much longer and back tonposting to everyone. Thank you to you all for being here and to Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose I hope you have some happy endings for those kitties too.

Does everyone approve of the name Prints? Maybe it should be Printz? Of course we may find his family and discover his real name is Ralph or Fred or Kitty?
Thank you. I really wish they could find homes. I will pray for a miracle.😻😻😻

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Does everyone approve of the name Prints? Maybe it should be Printz?
Hey! Good to hear from you again with good news. I approve any name (Prints is nice as it matches the spots on his body or maybe name him Spotty?) but I don't approve this kitty to be adopted to be an indoor/outdoor cat. I approve the vet tech's adoption as am sure this kitty will have a good life ahead :agree:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that Prints (no 'z', please) is just a dandy name for him, and if you can't turn up an owner, it sounds like the vet tech may prove to be a winner. I'm not real big on indoor-outdoor cats either, although sometimes it is necessary to accommodate an individual cat's temperament.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I like the name Prints / Printz - either spelling works. :) Though hopefully he already has a name, and you'll find his family soon. :crossfingers:
If not, I'm sure you'll find someone to adopt him, as I've been reading that more people are looking to adopt pets, since they're staying home more these days. :petcat:
That's cool that you got to visit with Shakespeare. It sounds like he has a great home and purrfect life. :catlove:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, rubysmama rubysmama in the beginning of quarantine a lot of people were adopting, but that has tapered off or stopped altogether in many locations; and since our wonderful *heavy sarcasm intended* Surgeon General has decreed spay/neuter to be "elective" so as to save PPE for human treatment (something I vehemently disagree with), MANY cats and kittens are begging for homes from the streets and in the "shelters" so anyone with space in their home and heart, please, come forth!
Great to read your potentially good news, Jcatbird Jcatbird and praying Prints is adopted into an indoor-only home as caring, responsible people keep their cats indoors only, for all of the very obvious reasons. Little Shakespeare -- what a heart-tugger! Very glad to hear he has a loving home.
Hoping you are back up and running full speed soon. *PRAYERS* and best thoughts for you all to be safe, healthy and well. :redheartpump: :hangin::goodluck:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does he have any Bengal in him? Looks almost like a Bengal pattern. :think:

I got to see Shakespeare in person the other day!
That's a wonderful surprise! Yeah, would love to see a pic of a grown up Shakespeare. 👍

I hope to be back up before much longer and back tonposting to everyone.
Not sure what tonposting is, but I sure do miss emailing with you every night about my day! Luckily I've been busy cooking & other various experimenting, so I didn't get too lonely. :thumbsup:

I think that Prints (no 'z', please) is just a dandy name for him
Yes, I prefer this spelling Prints, it's easier to say & spell. Plus it's unique & has special meaning like prints on your heart. 🐾

Whatever happens in the future, Jcatbird Jcatbird Jcatbird Jcatbird will make very sure that it is bright and filled with good things!
Yeah, she seems to do that with animals & humans. ;)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does he have any Bengal in him? Looks almost like a Bengal pattern. :think:

That's a wonderful surprise! Yeah, would love to see a pic of a grown up Shakespeare. 👍

Not sure what tonposting is, but I sure do miss emailing with you every night about my day! Luckily I've been busy cooking & other various experimenting, so I didn't get too lonely. :thumbsup:

Yes, I prefer this spelling Prints, it's easier to say & spell. Plus it's unique & has special meaning like prints on your heart. 🐾

Yeah, she seems to do that with animals & humans. ;)
M maggiedemi Pretty sure "tonposting" is a typo and should read "to posting" ;) :winkcat:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Actually, rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama in the beginning of quarantine a lot of people were adopting, but that has tapered off or stopped altogether in many locations; and since our wonderful *heavy sarcasm intended* Surgeon General has decreed spay/neuter to be "elective" so as to save PPE for human treatment (something I vehemently disagree with), MANY cats and kittens are begging for homes from the streets and in the "shelters" so anyone with space in their home and heart, please, come forth!
That's awful about the spay/neuter decision. I don't think that's going on here, but can't really say for sure. And, about the adoptions, it was early in the quarantine that I read about people unable to find pets to adopt, so it's possible that has changed here now.

As for Prints, he's still young, and has those gorgeous markings, so hopefully if he isn't able to be reunited with his former family, that a new furever family will be found for him.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's awful about the spay/neuter decision. I don't think that's going on here, but can't really say for sure. And, about the adoptions, it was early in the quarantine that I read about people unable to find pets to adopt, so it's possible that has changed here now.

As for Prints, he's still young, and has those gorgeous markings, so hopefully if he isn't able to be reunited with his former family, that a new furever family will be found for him.
The decision is federal. But some entities have taken it upon themselves to hire good people who have their priorities straight, and they are spaying/neutering in defiance of what I'd call a criminal decision. All of the innocent lives lost because of this decision are on this criminal's hands, and may he be given Justice for every one of them.
If you did my work, you'd be seeing lists longer than your arm, every day, and added to frequently, of wonderful cats and kittens of all persuasions who are desperate for loving homes. We'll probably never know the toll taken. But ACA, Best Friends, and their affiliates, are all working hard to do what they can, as are many private individuals and groups. May all of them be blessed!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Thank you for hoping the kitty finds his family! I hope all is better there.

pearl99 pearl99 Prints seems to approve! I expect he knows he is roayalty around here. Lol

tabbytom tabbytom I don’t approve of outdoors for kitties either. Especially here. I suppose some places with enclosed areas are safe but the people who showed interest don’t have that. I am desperately hoping the vet tech comes through.

N NY cat man Prints with an s is what we have settled on. He is a true Prince with lots of prints! He loves to put paw prints everywhere! Air prints are his specialty. He makes air biscuits constantly. Lol

rubysmama rubysmama I am still searching for his family. I have a fear that I may have stumbled across the answer though. I returned home some days back to find a Jeep in my driveway. My drive is not easily seen and the young guy was pulling out. No shirt, shorts and left in a hurry. I hope he did not dump this baby. I will say that if he did, the kitty must have been loved beforehand by someone or some creature. Maybe he is grateful to be loved now? Don’t know but he is extremely snuggly. Precious one! I am doing all I can for him.
It was great to see Shakespeare again! Even better that he remembered me fondly! (Or I smell like some cat he remembered? Lol) I understand that he is picky about the humans he allows to head butt. I feel privileged! He is a very happy kitty. As you know, it was always hard to say goodbye to the kitties so seeing such a loving bond between him and his family makes it all worth everything!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Prints is a sweetheart! Not one stink eye. Yet. :lol: If I can’t find family, he gets neutered and I am sure that stink eye will follow! I had not counted on meeting a Prints but I will do my best for him.

M maggiedemi You would love this Prints! He is a cuddle kitty! I have no way of knowing his lineage but with such great numbers of Bengals and Savannah cats in the area, it’s entirely possible that he has some of those genes. Part Bengal or part bullfrog? Lol He has fur tipped ears, the spots and unusual structure in his face. A tiny bit of golden brown coloring in one place too. His facial bone structure reminds me a little of Cheetah. We’ll never really know but I love the spotted tabby markings! He definitely put his prints right on my heart.
The tonsposting was a typo. Lol You know my fingers fumble.
I miss talking to you too! I hope that the cooking and other things are wonderful bright spots, Prints in each day! ;) I am still working towards a solution. I have started on things but it will take time to get it all fixed. Soon, I hope! It’s hard to be away from you and everyone on TCS! Maybe that why Prints came to keep me company right now! Banjo must have sent word out through Froggie. Mom needs a Prince to help out! I think something got a bit confused in the translation though?:flail:Either way, I got a Prince of a Prints.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 That is awful about the change on Spay/ neutering priorities! Arrrgh! Two steps forward and three back? We will keep pushing forward again! As far as I know in my particular area, we are still going forward. I am not in touch with all my connections right now but as soon as I am at full force again, I will be back on the front lines about that! It’s kind of like being in a rip tide, if you can’t go against the current, you swim diagonally to get to the other side but you don’t give up. We keep swimming!
I do know that adoptions are going down again but I am hoping that they level off to what they were and perhaps increase some towards the holidays when people are finding they cannot travel as much to visit family. More time at home may mean more adoptions? Hoping. Always hoping! I won’t give up for Prints either. He will have the best I can give. Indoor or catio. I may be building a catio somewhere! I will not accept outdoors around here. Even the shelters here don’t allow that.

I still risk my system by being online but I miss everyone! I can’t be here much but I just had to check in!

Now! How about a smile?!?!?
Cat thoughts!

I is royal and have bunny ears! All cats will bow before me.
120D0779-872D-4377-9B1B-A648378EF2E7.jpeg

Or maybe they’ll just think I’m cute? I have a nice smile.
7B0B4902-F10B-4F53-AF46-7D7A837B4636.jpeg

Hey! These have prints!
F4212A9D-D37B-4F0E-9299-6A953F223629.jpeg

It’s catouflage!
4FEDF10A-2E37-4A45-BF08-3413BDE3BD23.jpeg

Laying on a human is nice.
71E0AE71-7318-4FF0-A322-5C59F3266F52.jpeg

Indoor life would be suitable for a royal kitty.
50753FA2-2418-4473-BCD8-4D32711770F9.jpeg

Do is see servants looking at me?
686F78C1-2C3E-4C51-9AD8-6C28A6992047.jpeg

I would give them all royal hugs and purrs!
B6CCF2A8-5BC8-430E-B845-81120140BA39.jpeg

Hello TCS! If you can hear me, I want to know if I can hold you all. I am reaching out to share love! Sending air biscuits!
1E38D283-7083-4C80-93FF-DE57242B10E2.jpeg

Redeep, redeep!
:headscratch: Am I the only one who thinks that meow sounded a bit like a frog?

Banjo!!!!! Stop kissing frogs and tell your fairy catmother to send cat litter if she wants to do any more magic! (Or when I pan for gold..... make it 24 kt. gold?);)⛏🎇

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have a fear that I may have stumbled across the answer though. I returned home some days back to find a Jeep in my driveway. My drive is not easily seen and the young guy was pulling out. No shirt, shorts and left in a hurry. I hope he did not dump this baby.
That does make it sound like Prints needed a new home, so someone referred his family to Chez Catbird. Those pawprints are like a welcome mat for cats, you know. :catman:

Seriously, they probably knew he'd be well taken care of at Chez Catbird, just didn't think, or care, about the burden they would be placing on you. 🤗

I hope the Vet Tech is able to adopt him. If not, would the vet put a "please adopt me" pic of him on their bulletin board? Does the shelter you worked with before still take kittens for adoptions? Surely there's someone near you looking for a sweet kitten. :lovecat:

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
What a gorgeous guy! I love those ears. And the spots. I think that sounds suspiciously like he was dropped at your home by the guy in the driveway. But he landed at a good place, and if the vet tech can adopt him that would be wonderful.
I hope your system issues can be resolved soon so you can tonpost!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That does make it sound like Prints needed a new home, so someone referred his family to Chez Catbird. Those pawprints are like a welcome mat for cats, you know. :catman:

Seriously, they probably knew he'd be well taken care of at Chez Catbird, just didn't think, or care, about the burden they would be placing on you. 🤗

I hope the Vet Tech is able to adopt him. If not, would the vet put a "please adopt me" pic of him on their bulletin board? Does the shelter you worked with before still take kittens for adoptions? Surely there's someone near you looking for a sweet kitten. :lovecat:
Or, as I said before, they were just a thoughtless piece of (bleep), maybe tired of competing with the cat for their wife's/girlfriend's/whatever's attention, so they got rid of the competition- 'accidently', of course.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Thank you for hoping the kitty finds his family! I hope all is better there.

pearl99 pearl99 Prints seems to approve! I expect he knows he is roayalty around here. Lol

tabbytom tabbytom I don’t approve of outdoors for kitties either. Especially here. I suppose some places with enclosed areas are safe but the people who showed interest don’t have that. I am desperately hoping the vet tech comes through.

N NY cat man Prints with an s is what we have settled on. He is a true Prince with lots of prints! He loves to put paw prints everywhere! Air prints are his specialty. He makes air biscuits constantly. Lol

rubysmama rubysmama I am still searching for his family. I have a fear that I may have stumbled across the answer though. I returned home some days back to find a Jeep in my driveway. My drive is not easily seen and the young guy was pulling out. No shirt, shorts and left in a hurry. I hope he did not dump this baby. I will say that if he did, the kitty must have been loved beforehand by someone or some creature. Maybe he is grateful to be loved now? Don’t know but he is extremely snuggly. Precious one! I am doing all I can for him.
It was great to see Shakespeare again! Even better that he remembered me fondly! (Or I smell like some cat he remembered? Lol) I understand that he is picky about the humans he allows to head butt. I feel privileged! He is a very happy kitty. As you know, it was always hard to say goodbye to the kitties so seeing such a loving bond between him and his family makes it all worth everything!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Prints is a sweetheart! Not one stink eye. Yet. :lol: If I can’t find family, he gets neutered and I am sure that stink eye will follow! I had not counted on meeting a Prints but I will do my best for him.

M maggiedemi You would love this Prints! He is a cuddle kitty! I have no way of knowing his lineage but with such great numbers of Bengals and Savannah cats in the area, it’s entirely possible that he has some of those genes. Part Bengal or part bullfrog? Lol He has fur tipped ears, the spots and unusual structure in his face. A tiny bit of golden brown coloring in one place too. His facial bone structure reminds me a little of Cheetah. We’ll never really know but I love the spotted tabby markings! He definitely put his prints right on my heart.
The tonsposting was a typo. Lol You know my fingers fumble.
I miss talking to you too! I hope that the cooking and other things are wonderful bright spots, Prints in each day! ;) I am still working towards a solution. I have started on things but it will take time to get it all fixed. Soon, I hope! It’s hard to be away from you and everyone on TCS! Maybe that why Prints came to keep me company right now! Banjo must have sent word out through Froggie. Mom needs a Prince to help out! I think something got a bit confused in the translation though?:flail:Either way, I got a Prince of a Prints.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 That is awful about the change on Spay/ neutering priorities! Arrrgh! Two steps forward and three back? We will keep pushing forward again! As far as I know in my particular area, we are still going forward. I am not in touch with all my connections right now but as soon as I am at full force again, I will be back on the front lines about that! It’s kind of like being in a rip tide, if you can’t go against the current, you swim diagonally to get to the other side but you don’t give up. We keep swimming!
I do know that adoptions are going down again but I am hoping that they level off to what they were and perhaps increase some towards the holidays when people are finding they cannot travel as much to visit family. More time at home may mean more adoptions? Hoping. Always hoping! I won’t give up for Prints either. He will have the best I can give. Indoor or catio. I may be building a catio somewhere! I will not accept outdoors around here. Even the shelters here don’t allow that.

I still risk my system by being online but I miss everyone! I can’t be here much but I just had to check in!

Now! How about a smile?!?!?
Cat thoughts!

I is royal and have bunny ears! All cats will bow before me.
View attachment 352221
Or maybe they’ll just think I’m cute? I have a nice smile.
View attachment 352222
Hey! These have prints!
View attachment 352223
It’s catouflage!
View attachment 352224
Laying on a human is nice.
View attachment 352225
Indoor life would be suitable for a royal kitty.
View attachment 352226
Do is see servants looking at me?
View attachment 352227
I would give them all royal hugs and purrs!
View attachment 352228
Hello TCS! If you can hear me, I want to know if I can hold you all. I am reaching out to share love! Sending air biscuits!
View attachment 352229
Redeep, redeep!
:headscratch: Am I the only one who thinks that meow sounded a bit like a frog?

Banjo!!!!! Stop kissing frogs and tell your fairy catmother to send cat litter if she wants to do any more magic! (Or when I pan for gold..... make it 24 kt. gold?);)⛏🎇
Those EARS though! :redheartpump: :redheartpump: :redheartpump: You know I have a penchant for huge ears
IMG_0634.JPG

I've always wondered how Baby Su came to be on our land, wandering alone as a tiny kitten. She was feral, I'm sure, but how did she get there all by herself? I've always thought that maybe someone driving by our place saw our cat compound and gave her some "assistance" thinking we'd find her and rescue her. Probably not. But so many of our cats' backstories are mysterious.
Hoping your current phone keeps on holding up and that you get something new very soon! Hoping you're feeling okay? and staying safe and well, all at Chez Catbird!

Status
Not open for further replies.