My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
JUST got off of the phone (landline) with Jcatbird Jcatbird . Her cell is just kaput. She is out of storage, and it won't let her delete anything. In addition, she borrowed a computer, but her wifi comes through her phone, and it won't allow her to get on to TCS. She's working on getting a new phone now, something with some real storage, but it may take a few days. I'll keep checking in here to update everyone!

M maggiedemi , tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , rubysmama rubysmama , pearl99 pearl99 , @Whenallhellbreakslose, @tabbytom N NY cat man
Dang!! I'll be going through Jcatbird withdrawal until she is back up and running again. Cell phones can be such a pain in the butt at times, especially when you are out in East Jesus and can't get a signal after your car broke down at night.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dang!! I'll be going through Jcatbird withdrawal until she is back up and running again. Cell phones can be such a pain in the butt at times, especially when you are out in East Jesus and can't get a signal after your car broke down at night.
I think I've been there. Dialup territory. :flail:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
JUST got off of the phone (landline) with Jcatbird Jcatbird . Her cell is just kaput. She is out of storage, and it won't let her delete anything. In addition, she borrowed a computer, but her wifi comes through her phone, and it won't allow her to get on to TCS. She's working on getting a new phone now, something with some real storage, but it may take a few days. I'll keep checking in here to update everyone!

M maggiedemi , tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , rubysmama rubysmama , pearl99 pearl99 , @Whenallhellbreakslose, @tabbytom N NY cat man
Thank you Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 for staying up past your bedtime to check in with Jcatbird Jcatbird and then report back to us. Let her know we miss her, but are glad it's only internet stuff keeping her away, and nothing more serious.

I'm surprised, though, that Banjo hasn't figured out a way to fix the problem. But maybe she's too busy keeping company with Froggie. :catman:

:bicolorcat: ➕ 🐸 = :heartshape:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
especially when you are out in East Jesus and can't get a signal
Hey, I think that's where I live! Out in the boondocks. Can't even get a signal in the house on my cell phone.👎

I'm surprised, though, that Banjo hasn't figured out a way to fix the problem.
Yeah Banjo, get on it. We're counting on you. There's time for froggie romance later. :bicolorcat:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, I think that's where I live! Out in the boondocks. Can't even get a signal in the house on my cell phone.👎

Yeah Banjo, get on it. We're counting on you. There's time for froggie romance later. :bicolorcat:
*I'm pretty sure Banjo would say, "NEVER come between me and my Froggie Prince!" *
001_image0022BigFatBullfrog.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, in the UK it's North Brolly.
Right you are, N NY cat man --"...An umbrella may also be called a brolly (UK slang), parapluie (nineteenth century, French origin), rainshade, gamp (British, informal, dated), or bumbershoot (rare, facetious American slang). "
*I think we're all a little punchy.*

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Missing Banjo and BJ and Lady and Muffin and everyone else, including of course, the Cat Lady, herself. Hope you'll be back with us soon, Jcatbird Jcatbird :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

While we wait for an update from Chez Catbird, maybe someone can help me identify this bird that was flying around my area this morning. Warbler, maybe? (sorry for the grainy pics, they didn't come close enough to get a better shot)

IMG_1841.jpg

IMG_1842.jpg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What part of Canada are you in? The white on the tail, white on the wings, and the yellow coloring makes me think Western Kingbird. But they are larger than warbler size. Could you see about what size it was?
I'm on the east coast. The size was similar to a chickadee or maybe sparrow, but the yellow was what was most noticeable when they flew. Here's another grainy shot, this showing the back of his head.

IMG_1840.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm on the east coast. The size was similar to a chickadee or maybe sparrow, but the yellow was what was most noticeable when they flew. Here's another grainy shot, this showing the back of his head.

View attachment 351677
So my best guess is a female hooded warbler, yallo borb version. Although they are not shown being in Canada. Maybe she went on a sightseeing trip. But they have been sighted there.

Thinking of you Jcatbird! Jcatborb?

Hooded Warbler Identification, All About Birds, Cornell Lab of Ornithology

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So my best guess is a female hooded warbler, yallo borb version. Although they are not shown being in Canada. Maybe she went on a sightseeing trip. But they have been sighted there.

Thinking of you Jcatbird! Jcatborb?

Hooded Warbler Identification, All About Birds, Cornell Lab of Ornithology
Yeah, but what about the spots? I don't see those in the photos. I would say an immature female, but there are no spots there, and the tail doesn't look dark enough. Maybe it's just a FYBDK (Funny Yellow Borb/ Don't Know) :lolup: Or, put another way, in the famous words of one of my favorite rather off-color jokes, "Gee, I dunno! Whyn't ya ask her?"

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, but what about the spots? I don't see those in the photos. I would say an immature female, but there are no spots there, and the tail doesn't look dark enough. Maybe it's just a FYBDK (Funny Yellow Borb/ Don't Know) :lolup: Or, put another way, in the famous words of one of my favorite rather off-color jokes, "Gee, I dunno! Whyn't ya ask her?"
"Yeah, but what about the spots? I don't see those in the photos." B-b-but that's why it's the "Yallo Borb" version.

"Gee, I dunno! Whyn't ya ask her?" Whyn't I think o' that! Welp Rubymama, got to ask her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.