My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I had already graduated from high school and was out on my own when it came out. I liked the 'Tribbles' episode, as well as 'Sharper than a Serpent's Tooth'. There was another, the title of which escapes me. It was about 2 races, both half black and half white. One was black on the left side, while the other was black on the right side, and they hated each other because of it. I believe that Frank Gorshin was in it, but I could be mistaken.
Yes it was Frank Gorshin. I remember it well. A Favorite of mine was "All Our Yesterdays."

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
pearl99 pearl99 I think it is unanimous! A Poodle is there! So where is the owl/bat? Over the poodle head? I’m looking! Lol I love could pictures. I see a face over to the left by the sun. Outer Limits? Another show I watched.

N NY cat man Ohhh! I loved the Kirk and kids one too. There was one with a woman who didn’t speak but could heal. “The Empath.”
The one about racism was a good one! Enlightening ? They were all good as far as my brother and I were concerned. Not so much with critics. I read on the internet that “The Empath” was banned in some places. I don’t know if that is true or not and can’t imagine why. Kathryn Hayes was the actress playing that part and she was also a soap opera star as Kathryn Hughs? I think that was her characters name but I wasn’t allowed to watch the Soaps. Lol
M maggiedemi Ahhhh, I think you probably watched the Star Trek shows a bit after they first came out so I am not surprised that you found them boring. When they first came out they were much different than anything that had been produced before. Although Captain Kirk was kind of stiff as an actor to some, there were moral lessons in the shows. The Doctor, “Bones”, was a good ole boy and kind hearted in the show. And how can you resist Spock with his cute pointed little half human and half kitty ears? :lol: Only thing missing was the fur!

Lady said she would come but she is worried about getting caught in the rain. Do you think she’ll get wet? She wants me to bring her there in my purr se. ;)

I hope you are feeling better. I’m so sorry you got sick. Maybe that cloud poodle can bring some nice skies your way. But no cloud puddles!

I haven’t heard from our friends on the Gulf Coast so, hoping that things are okay there. :vibes::redheartpump::sunshine:

To our friends out west...:vibes:💦:redheartpump:

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird , yes owl above the poodle. On my right as I'm looking at the picture (owl's left) is the wing holding the sign, sign is above the owl's head. The wing on my left (owl's right) is kind of thin, faded looking.

"The Empath" was one of my favorites too. That episode was banned in the UK because of the torture of Spock, Kirk, and McCoy that Gem was to try to heal. Other episodes were banned for various reasons overseas.
Nice to hear of other Trek fans, N NY cat man !

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you probably watched the Star Trek shows a bit after they first came out so I am not surprised that you found them boring.
Nope, my brothers watched all the different Star Trek, Star Trek Next Generation, and all the movies. Blech to all of them.
I prefer something more romantical. 👩‍❤️‍👨

Lady said she would come but she is worried about getting caught in the rain. Do you think she’ll get wet?
No, just put Lady on the plane please, I'm waiting. ✈

I hope you are feeling better. I’m so sorry you got sick.
Thank you. I'm feeling a little better, just have a bit of a runny nose, stuffy head, and stomach feels pukey. I didn't puke though. :lol:
I'm all bundled up in a fleece sweatshirt. I'll never let myself get that cold again. I learned my lesson.

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I see a poodle, and an owl holding up a sign that I can't quite read. What could the owl sign be saying...all kitties watch out for your hoomans in the storm? Frogs take cover?
And to the left looks like a creature I remember from The Outer Limits TV show in the 1960's.
Up high on the far right, I see a big, fat mama bear rocking her cub on her lap.

I must get a photo of Nieto for you guys. He looks just like a little Wanda Heart. But with boy bits. I think. He's skittish still.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just to put the cherry on top of the 'Star Trek' sundae, I recently discovered a TV show from the mid-50s that I watched as a kid, called 'The Silent Service' about submarines in WWII and Korea. One of the episodes, titled U.S.S. Barb: the Final War Patrol, featured not only Leonard Nimoy, but Stanley Adams, who later would play Cyrano Jones on the 'Trouble with Tribbles' episode, as crew members of the sub.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To all, but especially M maggiedemi , tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , rubysmama rubysmama , pearl99 pearl99 , tabbytom tabbytom and N NY cat man JCATBIRD IS FINE! Her phone won't connect properly, and she can't fully access the site. She's going to get some sleep tonight and try again tomorrow. She sends Fairy Dust to all!

View attachment 351346
I figured that it was something like that, as more than once she has mentioned having problems with her cell signal, and the weather can't be helping matters any.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
JCATBIRD IS FINE! Her phone won't connect properly, and she can't fully access the site.
Thank you! I was worried because for the first time ever she didn't answer my email. My cell phone won't work out here in the boonies unless I go to the end of the driveway, and it's too cold for me out there until it warms up later in the day. Tell her thank you for the fairy dust, I needed it. ✨

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The reason I'm up right now is that I'm supposed to call her on her landline this morning. I'll let her know that everyone is relieved, and missing her! I really want to help her find a decent used computer, and a regular wifi connection, rather than just her phone!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To all, but especially M maggiedemi , tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , rubysmama rubysmama , pearl99 pearl99 , tabbytom tabbytom and N NY cat man JCATBIRD IS FINE! Her phone won't connect properly, and she can't fully access the site. She's going to get some sleep tonight and try again tomorrow. She sends Fairy Dust to all!

View attachment 351346
Many thanks, Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 -- I thought this was the reason. Appreciate your letting us know. Yeah, a reliable computer is really a must, along with a good Wi-Fi connection. Even a tablet. I can't imagine having to write and attach those long posts she does on a phone!!! *PRAYERS* for Sally to shut up and STOP.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
JUST got off of the phone (landline) with Jcatbird Jcatbird . Her cell is just kaput. She is out of storage, and it won't let her delete anything. In addition, she borrowed a computer, but her wifi comes through her phone, and it won't allow her to get on to TCS. She's working on getting a new phone now, something with some real storage, but it may take a few days. I'll keep checking in here to update everyone!

M maggiedemi , tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , rubysmama rubysmama , pearl99 pearl99 , Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose , tabbytom tabbytom N NY cat man

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
JUST got off of the phone (landline) with Jcatbird Jcatbird . Her cell is just kaput. She is out of storage, and it won't let her delete anything. In addition, she borrowed a computer, but her wifi comes through her phone, and it won't allow her to get on to TCS. She's working on getting a new phone now, something with some real storage, but it may take a few days. I'll keep checking in here to update everyone!

M maggiedemi , tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , rubysmama rubysmama , pearl99 pearl99 , Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose , tabbytom tabbytom N NY cat man
TYSM so much for update, Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 and please send our best when you touch base again. Thanks god she kept her landline. A lot of people haven't. I do, even though all I get is robocalls, charity calls and other people asking for money. It might be a lifesaver sometime, so I pay to keep it.
Strongly suggest she check out the iPhone SE second generation. $399 for the base model which has 64G -- enough for a lot of us. She can always upgrade and spend more. Some of the androids tout as being "better" or as good, but I've never used one so don't know. For something as important as a phone, I go with the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.