My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
35 year catdad 35 year catdad It’s so great that you got your babies and that photo of Millie as a baby!!!!’:cloud9::redheartpump: Helping others to do spays and neuteres helps every cat and every human. The world becomes better with each one done. Thank you!
Alley Cat Allies is great. Best Friends is too. Local humane societies and even some
animal controls can offer links to help.
I have one named Precious. I thought it was a girl but it’s now a huge male! Lol
The one on top left? I guess you mean Whistle? He is a sweetie and very funny. He and his sister are very bonded.
A place in the country? :yess: Personally, I would like an entire country cat community of cat lovers and sanctuary. Lol I hope you get a place for more.
It’s kind of neat how kitties kind of choose their own names. I try names out and whatever they seem to like is what they get. :redheartpump:

rubysmama rubysmama Banjo and Whistle still snuggle and I love watching. It’s been an amazing bond.

The Crinum May be gone today. It’s been storming! Fierce storm. The air is nice and cool though.

N NY cat man I do what Michelle does. I find an author I like and stick with them! I always hope they’ll keep writing too.

M maggiedemi I know what you mean about finding time to read. I try to fit some time in but the cats always lay in the book! Lol I think that’s a hint. Pet me!

The pineapple is red inside. It’s a nice flavor too. A friend from Florida have me that plant.

Yes! Mama is probably part of the Bengal line. Many of the kitties carry a bit of the genetics. I can’t pinpoint the whole line but I suspect Precious and some of the others. That escaped African cat was never recovered by the breeder but many here caught glimpses of it for a very long time. I never saw more than the back side but what I saw was beautiful. Very fast! Over the years we also had Siamese and Maine Coon mix in. The kitty I raised that went to my nephew appears to be Tonkinese. These days, lots of breeds get mixed together in colonies. I suppose they all have a bit of rainbow inside! ;)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a storm raging here and my signal is going on and out so.... quick smiles!
The temperature here dropped and the breeze is wonderful!
Normally the having the door opened to the screen brings a the kitties.

It was a very brave Precious who looked out at the rain!
D38474CF-84E6-4DDD-81AD-80F037C5795D.jpeg

Banjo was not expecting rain when she looked out.
E596D194-8011-4A44-AF66-7E45DAD0A79D.jpeg

A dark day? Hmmmm. Smells nice!
DEE75484-5299-4233-96BE-85D4D9CD1BFA.jpeg

Giant boom of thunder and lightning. No kitties?
802DD1C1-C685-401E-9F92-075868AE7A1F.jpeg

Banjo! Under the dolly? That was fast!
74C8C912-5BB3-49CE-A187-12AA7E6D33F7.jpeg

Purry approached then but in the twitch of a whisker, he was gone too.
851462F3-EADA-42F1-A152-2C58BB167D13.jpeg

Whoa! Downpour!
3B504C59-6A09-4BA9-B8B6-A8328139A434.jpeg

Are you going to let us get wet?
C68069EB-283E-419F-82CF-4179D1096862.jpeg

Whistle! Come behind the door with me!
B29B8833-B29D-445A-91C5-9C3BD6C1DA92.jpeg

Okay human. That’s lightning. Do I have to be the one to say it? Shut the door!
4402E6F9-917E-4EBB-82DA-1090D61533F6.jpeg

Lol I did. The rain had started blowing through the porch and the screen. It smelled great but the cats don’t like wet. Most of them are under furniture now. Lady is inside a cage! I guess when it all stops we’ll have a steam bath but I hope it stays cool. Only 75 degrees! :cloud9: Kind of like a warm winter day!

If I could purr, I would.
Have a safe night everyone! :purr::lovecat:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A place in the country? :yess: Personally, I would like an entire country cat community of cat lovers and sanctuary.
Gah! Country living rots. 30 minutes from town is too far. I hate it. I would love to live within walking distance of all the shops & restaurants. 🏬🏪🌇

That escaped African cat was never recovered by the breeder
Was it a full blooded African wild cat or some type of hybrid? 🐅

Only 75 degrees! :cloud9: Kind of like a warm winter day!
A 75 degree winter?! That is not winter. :headscratch:... 75 is hot to us NYers.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari Cats are so smart! Apparently Sparkle has watched the news. They always tell us that the safest place in a storm is the closet! Always follow the cat!

Furballsmom Furballsmom Ummmmm.... yea, I know. ;) Lol

M maggiedemi I have spent time in town and out. When I was in, I wanted out, when I was out, I wanted in. My problem is that I like both! I also like mountain tops and the sea! I totally understand being so far out that you don’t have shops around. :hugs:

That African cat was pure wild cat from what was reported on the news. I only got to see a half a wild cat. The back half! Maybe Lady could tell you about the rest.

He hung around with ALL the ladies! He wasn’t a one Queen cat. I guess you could say he was a bit of a Cheetahrrrr!
A855A769-4E79-47AB-9392-DB24E01E219C.jpeg

I once went to a place where the coldest days were 60. People looked at me like I must be frozen because I wore short sleeves while they had coats. On the flip side, their summer was hard for me! Lol When I went there I thought that spending time in the Deep, Deep South would prepare me. Lol It didn’t. I also spent time in colder climates. It all took some ,” adjusting,” but both can be beautiful. I fully appreciate the “in between!” Ahhhhhhhh!
Hot to you is fair weather for me! Even if it’s raining. :lol: True Winter here might be a time you would love though. Have you ever seen roses in snow?

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Nice to see you! I hope all is we there. Give Gypsy purrs from us!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was in the service, I spent considerable time below the Mason-Dixon Line, and it took a while to re-adjust to WNY weather again. Also, a classmate of mine did 3 tours in Vietnam, and he would wear heavy clothes, even in July, for a long time after
On a side note: How is Wanda Heart doing? Better, I would hope..

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man The adjustment back to Northern winter would be a tough one. I guess summer here or, even more, Vietnam must have been a pore opener!

Wanda Heart is doing much better. She is still nervous but has returned to snuggling and purring. She is eating much better but, I still bribe! Lol Goodies for all just to encourage her. She still resists the Lysine but that’s not surprising. She is playing again and even used a little magic. The Wanda toy she had made vanish......is back! I still have no idea where she had stashed it. She ran up yesterday , gingerly, with it in her mouth. Magic! I think the nervousness will just take time to overcome. The thunderstorms aren’t helping. We had another today. She is still cuddling the Heart cat and Tortie is joining them. Kitten steps.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
First paragraph reposted from "What's On Your Mind"

"HOLY OH MY GOODNESS! POUNDING RAIN! Danielle, a neighbor, called to tell me she was moving her car in front of my apartment, which is about 18" higher than her's is, in case of minor flooding. When she brought it, we heard a cat in obvious distress right in front. We got the flashlight, and waded out into the rain. There, under the bushes, was Scooter, soaking wet, all hunkered down. Now, Scooter is NOT a cat that I've been able to handle, but I scruffed him, and pulled him out, and he snuggled into my arms. He's gone home with Danielle, who doesn't have a Hekitty at home, and I sent a baggie full of enough food for tonight and tomorrow. She'll let him back out when the storm has passed, but BOY was that little one happy to be held in someone's arms!"

We did try to install him in the SFS, but Austin was already there with Dulcie, and neither were happy about a new roommate. I wonder if Scooter will be easier to handle after this?
:clap::clap2: So glad you have such a wonderful neighbor!:heartshape::hearthrob::redheartpump::touched:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A Scooter update please, when you have time Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 I hear it’s all great! :cloud9:

How about a little Banjo magic for a smile? :kitty:

After having the door open for fresh air yesterday, Banjo called me. She had something important to show me.
1EDE1076-E52E-497C-80A5-70ABE43692AC.jpeg

I have the gift Banjo.
241F82D1-1A95-4472-8515-F8A2F1ED1F44.jpeg

Now you see it!
BA102985-EA84-4ECC-AB9F-94A458AA4439.jpeg
6E90DCC5-C763-4330-A4E3-50E25357137B.jpeg

Now you don’t!
CE5CD71C-40A4-4F98-B488-11FC2B525731.jpeg

She could relax knowing she had done a rescue of her own. 🐸
668665C2-7E31-4107-B054-09459E83DC66.jpeg

She’s in my lap as I post. I guess she wants to make sure I don’t make any typos on this one. Lol So........
This post has the :bicolorcat::bluepaw: seal of approval.

She did request better photos next time but it’s really hard to capture magic! We’re trying to send any leftovers out here....:vibes::redheartpump: Catch!🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸Oops!That’s not exactly what we intended. I hope those are all Princes!;)

Have a magic night everyone!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Now, how are you? :hugs:
While I do miss seeing his sweet face, knowing he is in a home, and loved, makes it all worth it! They called Danielle yesterday to tell her that he is already sleeping in their bed with them, and is a MAJOR pillow hog!

Personally, I would like an entire country cat community of cat lovers and sanctuary. Lol I hope you get a place for more.
Well, if we could come up with $1.7 million, there's an entire town for sale in Georgia...

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While I do miss seeing his sweet face, knowing he is in a home, and loved, makes it all worth it! They called Danielle yesterday to tell her that he is already sleeping in their bed with them, and is a MAJOR pillow hog!

Well, if we could come up with $1.7 million, there's an entire town for sale in Georgia...
I am so very happy for you and Scooter as well as all involved.
I would love to buy a town for cats! After the news about Scooter, I feel like a couple of million bucks! I guess they won’t take that though. :rolleyes:
I wonder if that town in Georgia is worth 1.7? We could make an offer! :lol:
Rats! I think we need a different kind of green magic. :sorry:
Clowder funding? Banjo!!!!!!!!!!!

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Scooter spent the night there, then politely requested to go back outside around 8 AM. He went out, but stayed nearby. Friends of Danielle came to visit, a couple, and he demanded to come in again, and made himself at home in their laps. They left WITH SCOOTER, headed to my vet (Danielle recommended them) for check-up, shots and neutering. His name will remain Scooter. It really is an ill wind that blows no good at all! I am just amazed at how quickly Scooter decided that humans and HOME are wonderful things, to be deeply desired! But now he has one!

We did lose power once...but it took longer for the modem to reboot than the outage lasted!
WoW! Totally amazing! What a wonderful story. Keep us all updated through Danielle on Scooters progress!

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ooooohhhhh!!!! This makes my :redheartpump: so happy!!!!:clap:

Did you ask Danielle to ask them to send pics? We want, no we NEED some pics of this baby in his new life. I just love happy ever afters. Stories like this often end with the rescuers figuring out that they were actually the ones rescued. Win-win! :catlove:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Did you ask Danielle to ask them to send pics?
I did, but they have a free phone with very limited functions. They will try. It took all they had to do the vet work, but they've started a little savings account for the future. It's just lovely getting updates!

Scamper could go inside with a very knowledgeable person, but I'm not pushing this yet. I managed to put my hand too near his belly two nights ago, and got bitten for my pains. It was a warning, NOT an attack! And he came right back to rub on me and apologize. It kinda broke the skin, but more of a scrape, not a puncture. I bled it, then washed well, and alcoholed it. Two full days, and all you can see is faint scraping. We dodged a bullet! If the time ever comes that I can pick him up, I'll start looking for the right home.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had air conditioner problems today. It was one of those days where everything seems to have sort of a domino effect. Lol I actually had a neighbor helping, which is unusual. I really needed the help but in the process, too many cooks....:lol:. Two trips to the city later, I still have to make one more. It’s the silly little mistakes that can get you.
I did a much later trip than normal for me. Trying to get back before dark. Made it by the hair on a kitty’s chin!

The sun is going!
21487447-6353-426A-A9A4-0251E6A8D1B9.jpeg

Going....
31818D26-50C2-40A0-AF8F-6CF54F211276.jpeg

Oh what a view!
8C3F17F5-4D81-45FA-BBE5-03CEEB75A18B.jpeg

So! Where do you keep running off to?
5711FE76-BF46-42FE-B51C-87992D0BCFDC.jpeg

You left us twice in one day?
C457F3DD-48D9-4B9A-AFD5-7280EABB4CDC.jpeg

If you leave again, I am going to give you ,” the look!”
0767464F-4438-4374-A498-2866CCDA5F43.jpeg

Are you late because you into something with big ears?
33BDCB09-1BD6-4012-9D39-3A9A1F342D1A.jpeg

You do know it’s time for supper?
A59D157F-D622-49D1-8400-AB3D51860656.jpeg

You owe me pets for today!
B191D535-077C-4F53-962E-15817CF2ECC3.jpeg

I’m keeping count so don’t stop.
6895BDB5-C1FA-4A12-B7B4-94925B828042.jpeg

Maybe the others let you get away with being out all day but....as the eldest, I must pass judgement.
270A05F2-D51A-4D57-93BC-31C57059F4F5.jpeg

I refuse to discuss this further!
94277F60-D5BD-4EE6-A4C0-0A8A0C0A4B30.jpeg

Oh! You didn’t tell me that you stopped and bought treats.
You can deposit one directly in the Dolly!
BC94CBC3-3CB3-4435-9284-DEB49AE2BDFF.jpeg

Lol I was forgiven. I wonder what I will have to do for forgiveness tomorrow? :worship:Thank goodness I have direct deposit!

Heading straight to bed! It’s hot here! Lol All the air is on the kitties!
Have a great night everyone! :heartshape:

Status
Not open for further replies.