My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Happy dance! Scooter is a very smart kitty! When he saw his chance at human laps, he took it! It’s amazing how they make their choices! That is the very best news but I know you will miss him. Also though, it must be a relief to know he is in the place he chose. May he get lots of nights to watch the rain, through a closed window! You saved him! Another cat life saved! Thank you for putting all the time and energy into him as he grew up. I know it wasn’t easy but the rewards are great.
Now, how are you? :hugs:

Buffster7 Buffster7 Indeed! Updates would be wonderful for us all. Especially mamanyt1953
Each time I hear of a rescue, it lifts my heart. There is magic afoot. A happy ending. :lovecat4:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope everyone had made it through the storm so far! We lost power today! I’m not sure why since the storm is past but.... :dunno:
Perhaps a the hissing blew down a line! :lol: We still had the most important thing though,cat power!

With a the energy the cats used up, they needed a recharge. Bj took over the pillows. Kodiak joined him.
253F2A1D-A1C8-4140-878A-71667638DE36.jpeg

Apparently, uninvited. Lol
D9EFF7E3-5576-40A7-A596-8684F722F3F3.jpeg

She started purring so....
82C0D0A5-D2C5-4AD3-984C-F05A5270D4AA.jpeg

BJ was satisfied enough to make her some biscuits.
0AE4833B-FF86-4A76-A71F-A8DAC1BE1E65.jpeg

But then....
C6FFD1FC-427F-494E-AD21-403455338FE9.jpeg

Someone else joined the party.
5F3DF3D3-48AD-4697-9E3F-861FFA86CE9F.jpeg

The look! Lol
A66B81FF-162A-4037-B863-4C2E0E6E1BC5.jpeg

Awww, come on BJ.
031B735D-991D-4D73-988E-1B45B380CB40.jpeg

I like purring with a side of biscuits too! I can contribute pets!
9516D619-4E3B-449F-8925-43B5A9BE5326.jpeg

Okay human but remember, I get the pillows!
F8AE5183-44F5-4045-AD03-D0F7373CCB46.jpeg

Deal!
I’ll take a purr over a pillow any day!

Thanks go out to all kitty lovers and rescuers. Purrs and pillows to all. :heartshape::lovecat4:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if the banana tree will fit in the boat?
Do you really have a banana and pineapple tree? 🍌🍍

Lady is on her floatation device.
Banana trees, pineapple trees, and my pretty little Lady. Hmmm somebody is trying to get me to come for a visit. 😉
Can we see more pics of Lady, Callie, Muffin, and Mama please? I need my rainbow fix.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Always a smart girl, Banjo curled up with a good book. ;)
Cats + books = purrfection :catlove:

BTW, the September book club thread is up. And this month we have a poll to choose the book. So if you haven't already, check it out, and vote for the book you think we should read. And consider joining us in September for the actual book reading part of the club. Here's the thread: September 2020 book of the month club (Poll)

We're currently reading the August book, if anyone wants to join us. Everyone is welcome.
August 2020 book of the month club

On the other hand/paw, Callie allowed me to approach. I’m pretty sure that this is what she was saying...

What is this stuff? Purrlease, take me inside! My feet are cold and I can’t wiggle my tail anymore!
F22C2277-CEA0-4471-A4BF-88E207954566.jpeg
Oh, sweet, beautiful Callie. :hearthrob: I can't recall seeing that pic before, or reading about how she came to be one of the Chez Catbird Clower.

They left WITH SCOOTER, headed to my vet (Danielle recommended them) for check-up, shots and neutering. His name will remain Scooter. It really is an ill wind that blows no good at all! I am just amazed at how quickly Scooter decided that humans and HOME are wonderful things, to be deeply desired! But now he has one!
Oh, that's wonderful news. :woo:

A couple new pics of my flowering Hen, for anyone interested.

IMG_1589.jpg
IMG_1587.jpg

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats + books = purrfection :catlove:

BTW, the September book club thread is up. And this month we have a poll to choose the book. So if you haven't already, check it out, and vote for the book you think we should read. And consider joining us in September for the actual book reading part of the club. Here's the thread: September 2020 book of the month club (Poll)

We're currently reading the August book, if anyone wants to join us. Everyone is welcome.
August 2020 book of the month club

Oh, sweet, beautiful Callie. :hearthrob: I can't recall seeing that pic before, or reading about how she came to be one of the Chez Catbird Clower.

Oh, that's wonderful news. :woo:

A couple new pics of my flowering Hen, for anyone interested.

View attachment 345713View attachment 345714
Michele has a sweatshirt that reads: Cats. Books. Life is good.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi I do have a pineapple. It’s fruit is red too! I also have a regular pineapple, the banana tree, lemon tree and a hybrid lemon/lime. There are other things around too. I have a plum tree but it hasn’t been doing too well. The last frost of the past few years has wiped out the flowers so, no fruit. If it isn’t too large to move, I may put it in the greenhouse.
The rainbow girls? I’ll see if they’ll cooperate. I may have to post them tomorrow since I have to clear out some photos for storage but I know Muffin will be here tonight. ;)

rubysmama rubysmama I checked out the book club! Neat! I read the page of the current read. :oops: WOW! I could get lost in that book! I’ll have to check that out. Thanks!
As for the Chicken flowers.... the first picture is kind of a chicken outline. Wings outstretched. Definitely an alien chicken though. Lol I love those flowers!

N NY cat man Awww! That’s a precious picture! It’s great to see them so comfortable. Feeling their inner leopard self? :) As you know, I love getting update pics of the kitties! Neat how they put their chairs together. Obviously a very close bond.;)
Cats, books, life IS good!

Furballsmom Furballsmom Maybe your chicken just needs to “lay” around a bit longer.

tabbytom tabbytom Agreed! Nice nest of babies!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi Muffin heard you requested her presence! Lol She stole the spotlight from
the other girls! Thrasher says to tell you that she has spots of color too! Can she be part of the rainbow?
744FCFED-BFF7-4B44-84BD-99458DB812CE.jpeg
7ABCA472-F51B-4B66-9A83-AE4A20839BFE.jpeg

My giant Crinum is blooming again. The plant is so tall, I can’t reach the top anymore. Fortunately the flowers were pointing out from the side.
They have whiskers! :lol:
8BF4F5E2-DECE-4742-8F1F-9B8BD37C8AD9.jpeg

I love it when I catch Banjo and Whistle still acting like kittens. Banjo was getting bathed when I first walked in. They were both relaxed. :kitty: So sweet!
397D86AB-EDAF-4C2D-9844-25F7D3C3B536.jpeg

Banjo was loving it until suddenly....
8B2E5259-1C54-43FA-9317-6DA427FC3886.jpeg

Whistle started acting like a brother. Lol He got in a chin nip!
9C708867-806D-435F-B602-3DB2D2BB4BD5.jpeg

He still had his arms around Banjo but as soon as he lifted a paw....
3B627EDE-F2F3-4AE9-9EEB-124EE4E0A2CA.jpeg

Sisters revenge!
8487CAD8-0A67-4657-9B4A-9EB3062D66DE.jpeg

When Whistle realized I was watching he was all ,” Mom! Banjo bit me! I’m innocent I tell you!”
050B8F4D-5A98-43C9-85D8-166DD6608021.jpeg

Banjo responded. “Tell that tale to the tail Whistle!”
A17F50E5-EB63-4B61-A0CE-72934155A90A.jpeg

Kitties!!!!!!
I guess that is the END of this story! :rolleyes2:

:heartshape:

35 year catdad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
wow 32! geeze im only on seven so far and all to indoor only homes.
All would be dead by now i bet if outside
Its worth the time and effort to demand indoor homes for adopters
if you can?
Ask my 19 yr old tortie about her incredible health with zero health issue s in her loooong happy life. woops...i lied...we had fleas once and what a chore to deal with. They came in on me from racoons in yard. I saw a cats parts
in my yard after a coyote ate an outdoor neighbor cat😕 INDOOR ONLY FOR EVERY CAT FOR ME AND MINE
You are a hero for what you have done....God bless you!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
35 year catdad 35 year catdad I read about what you found. I am so very sorry. I know how that feels although humans caused it here. I haven’t written much about the hard times but sometimes it did come out. Adoptions for indoors only became my rule.
I believe it was in my first post here ( actually my first post on any website anywhere! Lol ) that I said that if you are a kitty guardian you are a kitty hero. That makes you a hero. :redheartpump::thanks::rock:
You are only on page 7 and 32 kitties! I think you will be pleasantly surprised if you can stick with the “Never ending” tale. Lol I had no idea when I started here how things would progress. I came only with hope and ONLY 32 rescued. Lol Encouragement from others here helped to carry me through until the end and I will forever be grateful. Actually, there is no end at this point. I have a Clowder that continues the story and I have gone on to become involved in trying to help others to find resources and to spread the knowledge that we can all play a part in making a difference. Whether we offer a kind word, encouragement, hope, rescue a kitty, adopt a rescue, volunteer at a shelter or write, text and email to bring about changes in laws or to provide education, we can be stronger in our united efforts. If you manage to wade through the stories of all these amazing kitties and onward into our posts of sharing information and smiles I hope you will see many of the amazing people and cats that populate TCS. Even this far into the story of the Clowder, I still gain a great deal by being here. It’s a great place to be. I have a couple of Calico kitties myself! A Tortie as well. I don’t want to spoil the adventure stories for you but they went from ferals to friends, they are all loved.

Callie.
EA1A1FAB-A3AC-4F12-B7C6-4AE7E9D6AD4B.jpeg

Mama
68A9B56F-8657-4DC0-8AF4-1DB6B18B57A6.jpeg

Lady. She doesn’t always have a dufus expression. Lol
AD08A12C-26CA-400D-AB05-5E1CAA166DA7.jpeg

But she does it a lot! Lol
121B8869-5006-41A8-A91B-129A4A1351A4.jpeg

Muffin
E9CBC426-5351-4D58-B8C5-0A8226845F23.jpeg

And no, I don’t spoil them. They spoil me.
I hope you will enjoy getting to know all the characters here and those who walked across our hearts on their way to a great life.
We all welcome you here as another kitty rescuer and kitty guardian. This is a great site. I’m very happy to meet you. Thank you for your kind words. They help.

Now, just wait until you meet Banjo and Whistle as they begin to travel! Or BJ! Wanda Heart too. God did bless me. I found these babies and was given a way to help. Your further asking for a blessing is very, very gratefully received. Thank you! :heartshape:

35 year catdad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the quick reply! Today I called Solano County Ca animal shelter who does low cost spay/neuter and TNR, and told them about the wonderful work that Alley Cat Allies does and they had'nt heard of them. Maybe they can get some funding from them as the Solane shelter has just ended the free TNR program and now charge $25 for spay/neuter which is darn cheap still! A low income friend is setting traps for her community cats in Fairfield Ca and has brought in EIGHT cats to help end the breeding problem there.
I just offered to pay 50 for her next two TNRs as she is broke after feeding so many cats lately. This Calico was from a community cat where she used to live that I begged her to fix the Momma cat....im SURE glad she didnt or I would not have this loving calico Mooky!
Well she did get the Momma finally spayed after 5 more kittens born later that year. Whew.... all found homes.

35 year catdad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the quick reply! Today I called Solano County Ca animal shelter who does low cost spay/neuter and TNR, and told them about the wonderful work that Alley Cat Allies does and they had'nt heard of them. Maybe they can get some funding from them as the Solane shelter has just ended the free TNR program and now charge $25 for spay/neuter which is darn cheap still! A low income friend is setting traps for her community cats in Fairfield Ca and has brought in EIGHT cats to help end the breeding problem there.
I just offered to pay 50 for her next two TNRs as she is broke after feeding so many cats lately. This Calico was from a community cat where she used to live that I begged her to fix the Momma cat....im SURE glad she didnt or I would not have this loving calico Mooky!
Well she did get the Momma finally spayed after 5 more kittens born later that year. Whew.... all found homes.
That first cat on left up above is just adorable and I would have snagged that one! Hey wait ive got three already and only two allowed in my condo...shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh im looking for a big place out in country so look out!! you may see me bragging about 33 soon! I named the calico precious but she wanted to be Mooky! so Mooky she is

Attachments

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Michele has a sweatshirt that reads: Cats. Books. Life is good.
I meant to mention this yesterday, N NY cat man , but if Michelle still enjoys reading, tell her about our little book club. Maybe she can join us. And if she's "shy" you can post any comments she might have.

My giant Crinum is blooming again. The plant is so tall, I can’t reach the top anymore. Fortunately the flowers were pointing out from the side.
They have whiskers! :lol:
Oh, wow! That's stunning!

I love it when I catch Banjo and Whistle still acting like kittens. Banjo was getting bathed when I first walked in. They were both relaxed. :kitty: So sweet!
Awww .. totally sweet. :catlove:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I meant to mention this yesterday, N NY cat man , but if Michelle still enjoys reading, tell her about our little book club. Maybe she can join us. And if she's "shy" you can post any comments she might have.

Oh, wow! That's stunning!

Awww .. totally sweet. :catlove:
Yeah, you might say that she is shy. Right now, she is on a Robyn Carr kick, reading everything in the series, getting the books online. That's what she does- if she finds an author that she likes, she will buy all of their books, and when finished, takes them to a local used-book store or the Salvation Army.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats. Books. Life is good.
Since I got cats, it seems I never have time to read books anymore. I miss it.

I do have a pineapple. It’s fruit is red too!
The actual inside pineapple is red? Never heard of it.

Thrasher says to tell you that she has spots of color too! Can she be part of the rainbow?
Of course! I haven't had a gray kitty since childhood. I would love to snuggle one again. Thanks for the pics of my rainbow girls.
Is Mama part wild cat? She has the same strong cheekbones that your bengal boys have.

I named the calico precious but she wanted to be Mooky! so Mooky she is
Awww, she's beautiful. Maggie's nickname is Moogie.

Status
Not open for further replies.