My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just posted something recently about the wildlife I see here now and what I used to see. I remarked that I hadn’t seen any deer here in some time. I miss seeing deer and bunnies, although Whistle might not agree about the bunnies! Lol Today I was taking a walk at the back portion of the property and came around the corner of the trailer just in time to , nearly, be run over. Lol Two deer leaped past me. They were so close I could have touched them. Beautiful! As they ran off into the woods, the view was awesome. They appeared to be about a year old. Mixing into sun and shadows , I was wishing I had my camera in hand to capture the sight but it all happened quickly and very unexpectedly. It was a gift to be able to see them and I hope to see them again. I’ll be watching. I have water out for them and I’m sure there are some nice things here for them to eat.

Speaking of nice things to eat.....

I tried some Fancy Feast broths for all the girls. Tortie and Liberty ate theirs verrrry quickly!
BFEB54C9-D1F0-4C75-B92F-6DBACC4CCFCE.jpeg

We made it a bit of a picnic celebration with our summer plates. Callie and Alley always share. Lol
D7819D99-F2E0-4437-9447-AE2C722E5391.jpeg

Alley may get the Lions share though.
1305907A-89C2-46F0-AA98-5AFBEAB4C22B.jpeg

Wanda Heart wasn’t impressed. She didn’t touch hers.
2A692FD5-D65C-4B34-9930-C2E4822D7688.jpeg

Alley was very polite. She waited for permission before eating Wanda Hearts portion.
49BABA21-1F49-4CBF-8FB9-0E94BE646562.jpeg

Wanda Heart joined her new friend to wait for more Chicken breast in water. She got it too! Lol She ate a bit of the chicken and took all the liquids. Shhh. Don’t tell her that I put her medicine in it!
4FB4A18C-FDF5-4F44-B5E0-27E938B18C90.jpeg

Thank goodness Wanda Heart can’t read. She does have a sort of suspicious expression though! 😬

Sending Heart felt thanks to everyone here! :redheartpump::heartshape:

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Love the Wanda Heart heart! I will have to keep it in mind if I need something like that. I'll have to read her whole story! I don't know all your kitty's stories.
Happy Wanda Heart's labs were okay! Yes company can stress- mine were stressed the week mine was here even though they are all cat people. Feel better little girl!

Saw my comet (a fuzzy blur.) Glad I went when I did because tonight is cloudy again! With some showers.
Gracie says "bedtime already!" Scratchies to Wanda.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love the Wanda Heart heart! I will have to keep it in mind if I need something like that. I'll have to read her whole story! I don't know all your kitty's stories.
Happy Wanda Heart's labs were okay! Yes company can stress- mine were stressed the week mine was here even though they are all cat people. Feel better little girl!

Saw my comet (a fuzzy blur.) Glad I went when I did because tonight is cloudy again! With some showers.

That comfort toy has worked out far better than I expected. At first the heart beat had Wanda Heart curious but now she is cuddling up. I would expect it to be very helpful with tiny babies but even the older cats like it. Callie is a little puzzled by it. She has picked it up in her mouth and given it a gentle shake a couple of times. Lol I guess she is wondering if it is an immobilized kitty since it just lays there. Maybe that is a cat version of resuscitation? She likes it too though. They don’t seem to see it as a cat toy.

You saw the comet?!?! :banana1: :yess: For me, it was worth the time to search for it. Very cool! The binoculars really helped.

You don’t know all the kitty’s stories? I hope you like to read a lot! Lol Hmmmm. I’ll have to see if I can give you a time frame on Wanda Heart.

August 6 2019. Shortly after the great Mitsy vanishing act, the neighborhood buzzard knocked on the back door and called all the cats. Looking back, I think Mitsy wrntboutside because she heard Wanda Heart. The buzzard.... also knew. August 7, Lady insisted on a walk outside and I caught a glimpse of ginger color. Lady went over and introduced herself to a little kitten. August 8, Wanda Heart joined us inside. I don’t know which post number but the dates may help you find the beginning of her story. Each of these kitties has had a tough beginning but were amazing in their survival abilities and instincts. I am still in awe of each one of them. It’s really pretty inspiring to look back and see how each kitty finds the strength to heal and to be so very loving.

Buzzard taking to the cats! Lol I guess it was telling them that another of their kind was nearby.
BD986302-F2D2-4F71-B585-63175F4C8583.jpeg

Lady knew!
EFF3D8AE-1428-460C-9DEB-7ADA7DBB8FE7.jpeg

Little ginger blur by the chair leg in the center of the circle.
0E5D1481-CB99-49FB-81D9-E250ED4E453D.jpeg

Lady convinced the kitten to come eat.
19E92535-07A9-4F8F-9942-4BA15182A3AE.jpeg

Her first moments inside.
27CA21DC-38D6-4DBB-A0F9-1F43FAF50EDC.jpeg

Upon examining her...
AC400DD7-FE66-4C8B-8C40-197EFA728946.jpeg

I knew she had some wounds and was sick.
4814DF2F-0A88-4AC7-AF6F-6490451D864E.jpeg

She required immediate vet care but she already had lots of hearts joining hers.
2E82D2A9-1D25-4A8A-8806-BF4D797AFB36.jpeg

I’ll never know her whole story or how she ended up alone but somehow she survived to find her way here and I’ll always be grateful for that.

Hey everybody, that means that Wanda Heart has a “gotcha” day coming up!

:hyper::bunnydance:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

If you want to see Wanda Heart's story from the start, go to page 186, and post number 3,704.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man You definetly do have a vested interest! She owes much to you. We both do.

pearl99 pearl99 That wasa unique way to look things up on a cat site! Lololololol

Yesterday was the birthday of a very close friend and she will drop by today. We are going to stay in the garden though. I have set up the porch with a fan! Lol
Afterwards I have some business the next few days so I thought I would post early today.
Wanda Heart is a bit perkier today and wanted to play.

Well.... when I hit “attach files” nothing happens! Ack! Sorry everyone! Maybe I can try later if I get free again!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finally photos! Yay! Play time!
A Wanda toy that squeaks!
9781D586-2265-495B-91B6-D3E816F2B643.jpeg

Is it for an Alley cat?
808F10BF-A160-4D88-80EC-48A18CAA0FC9.jpeg

I’m taking this one with me!
8BA84C09-6BB1-45E2-ACA3-94541863127D.jpeg

Okay. I guess I need to distract the big girls. Catnip. Lol Caliie took the whole bag from my hand!
0D9FA8DF-5979-4C99-BA30-D3CDD2D6737D.jpeg

If I wait until they are totally nipped, I can bring the Wanda toy back into my hiding place!
AA3C2833-B887-4E88-9957-B0FCB2293CD7.jpeg

She’s a very smart girl! I left her watching the big girls roll around the floor. Lol I wonder if I’ll ever see that wand toy again? I still haven’t found the ginger one. :headscratch: Wanda Heart is as talented as Banjo when it comes to hiding things.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Shhh. Don’t tell her that I put her medicine in it!
I won't say a word! Now, HEKITTY, on the other hand...nope. She promises not to.

Plus, I have a vested interest.
LOL, I think I'm developing a snowsuited interest. It's like a vested interest, but it covers more!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are in for a storm! A half foot of rain if not more. There is a hurricane coming up. Although the cloud cover may cool us off, we may also loose signal or power. It happens every year. Lol To those in the path, stay safe and take cover. Sending vibes to push the hurricane out to sea. I have the Clowder doing their best to blow it away!
:vibes::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat:💨🌊
There is strength in numbers! Calling all kitties! Hiss really hard!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
We are in for a storm! A half foot of rain if not more. There is a hurricane coming up. Although the cloud cover may cool us off, we may also loose signal or power. It happens every year. Lol To those in the path, stay safe and take cover. Sending vibes to push the hurricane out to sea. I have the Clowder doing their best to blow it away!
:vibes::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat::angrycat:💨🌊
Oh no! Take cover everyone and every kitty take care!
Blow, blow, blow..........blow away the storm..................Hiss, hiss, hiss..................................scare the storm away!

:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope your boat is all ready to go- or should I say, your ark?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have time to catch up on this thread until later today, but here's a pic of the forest on my walk. I'll try to get more pics later and the section of the forest where I got Maggie & Demi. My brother bought me a smartphone!

View attachment 345352
Yay for a smartphone. You're going to have fun taking pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.