My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats didn’t get to watch cat TV today. I lured the buzzard away from the grill! Lol I think “Hey Bird” ( that’s what I call her) scared the smaller birds. Hey Bird is the buzzard that I caught in a cat trap when I was trying to get BJ. Lol She is also known as Dam Bird, short for damsel :rolleyes:, of course! Lol She used to eat up all the feral cat food until I learned that I could purposely feed her in another location and she stopped stealing. She only comes for food here when it is scare elsewhere or during nesting season. She was hatched at the edge of the property and does return. Her siblings don’t come very often though. I guess she feels like she is one of the Clowder since I trapped her. It was tricky trying to get her out of the trap. She kept hissing at me! The foster that I was working with let me know, she was not going to foster my feathered friend. :lol: Something about people not adopting many vultures. I suppose the leash law would be hard to enforce. Any bird that can escape the law by flying off with their human......,:dunno:
It’s kind of fascinating that she knows to tap on the back door for food since I no longer put out feral food. She also waits and watches for me to come outside. Ummm, wait a minute. Is that supposed to be buzzard speak? :running:Nice birdie! Maybe I need to act lively? Lol

I decided we should all play in the main room today! :lol:

Banjo, wake up.
DF03F5B8-A9D3-49E8-A320-08CCEB57C9F9.jpeg

Why?
DBEF6971-7A5E-4AE5-83D2-5022D29AF1A6.jpeg

A little rubbing and recreation!
F007694A-C90B-4B74-B357-D885E7278C17.jpeg

We have a new wand toy! It’s Froggie green!
908F6C1E-34B5-473C-93CA-5E8B06B8DFE8.jpeg

That’s not Froggie!
5784BE6E-52ED-4A15-B7B9-649910516D93.jpeg

Anyway, we don’t chase frogs here!
3C5031BF-51A8-4EDC-BA57-5CC458389667.jpeg

Now if it were to be a flying bug.....
0F3DC51A-0EC4-4BFF-B72A-35B7F511896C.jpeg

Maybe up there?
5125C8D5-F3DD-4F75-B991-41AACD889330.jpeg

I think I can imagine a green bug! Like that Katydid!
6A236A46-0C46-4046-8544-7C50A1D3E451.jpeg

Come to Banjo!
C1F0493F-FBA8-47B3-AED8-953142FFCAD5.jpeg

Got cha!
7678BD42-CF22-4090-A6A1-D7D624E3DE71.jpeg

Fly away bug!
4DF14408-E481-478B-A353-A32FCCA4E7C0.jpeg

This is easy!
E679E374-FE3D-40A0-9B0E-B462C86E4775.jpeg

Wait! Bluhhhh!!
246237FE-3F2D-4A9B-B425-636DB13598A8.jpeg

That bug has fluff!
89559C8D-810A-458B-826A-B03A3E787740.jpeg

I don’t know....
79734419-1811-4F2C-BDD6-13ECDBCB3827.jpeg

This isn’t exactly what I imagined.
5C6124A5-76C4-4D7D-B722-08BD94910601.jpeg

Here. Catch Mitsy!
C2C64F98-39BE-4E12-9F5F-DD4C5AB7F437.jpeg

I got it but I don’t want a mouth full of fluff either! You take it Purry!
370CB62F-2E2D-4F92-AD95-B08D61F27DE0.jpeg

Soooo, what am I supposed to do with it?
C93546F2-901E-4AE8-B00B-C771AD6829B4.jpeg

How about you Smokey?
F99513B8-2B0B-4204-B7F9-AA9CC2A6BA47.jpeg

Heh! I think I am right back where I started. A sleeping cat.
7FC316EE-A12C-4BA1-9BAF-47769E572115.jpeg

I think they liked the buzzard better! Better luck next time? You just can’t fool a feral. No matter how long they have been inside! Lol

Oh well. Have a great night everyone and the cats say,” don’t eat green fluff!!” :heartshape:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had the 'cat' fishing gear out yesterday. I only wish I could upload video to this site. The gymnastics displayed were something to behold. Just imagine 17 pounds of Burdock flying through the air, and changing directions in mid-leap. Bashful and Digger were heavily involved as well. Only Prancer didn't deign to take part in the festivities at all. Beneath her dignity, probably.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
These are lovely blooms! Nice shots.
Thanks. :)

rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama Maybe your Forget me not just Forgot to come? I know that sometimes if conditions are not optimum, a plant may die back but still show up again the next year. We’ll hope!
We can hope. :crossfingers:

The Daylilies are beautiful. You have a lot blooming now. Ours aren’t blooming at all this year. Everything has been getting scorched lately. I am hoping that little bit of rain will help. I’m enjoying your garden though! Thank you for the beautiful flowers! That one in the second photo is spectacular. Blue ribbon material!
I was worried at first that they'd be a flop, as I had some buds turn black before opening. But now I'm getting daily blooms.

Can you / have you ever grown Hens & Chicks? One of mine is blooming.

1595848665329.png

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Just a note to all who don’t want to confront certain creatures, those Victor flea lights catch everything! Of course Hek will have to restrain the urge to paw what it catches at first. Lol
I MUST invest in one or two of those! No fleas, but hopefully it will attract a few flies and mosquitoes!

Here's a visual for Mackie to see.

1595780195644.png
That's TOO funny!

Can you / have you ever grown Hens & Chicks? One of mine is blooming.
I've never seen one bloom before. That's rather lovely, isn't it?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man I would have bought a ticket that that floor show! Lol 17 pounds of flying cat fish! :lol: That must have had you laughing. Cat acrobatics are awesome! A fishing rod sure beats a wand toy! Lol I wish you had gotten video! I think Prancer was probably enjoying the show too!:flail: Very smart kitty!

I have had hens and chicks but never bloomed them! :clap2: Those are darling blooms! Precious! I have gotten some unusual things to flower and often people are surprised that they even bloom at all. I’m glad you showed us those. Thanks for sharing and giving others the chance to see something new!

tabbytom tabbytom I agree! Nice succulents! :)

Furballsmom Furballsmom My hens and chicks always lost the flowers due to high humidity. One drawback to growing in an orchid house. Not all plants wanted what the orchids like. My succulents and cactus objected to 100% humidity. Lol Too much for one kind of plant but reduced meant too little for another. :dunno: Hopefully you get flowers.

pearl99 pearl99 A blanket? Ummm. That makes for a nice night! A movie outside with air cool enough for a blanket. Next time..... can I come too? Lol

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Mackie was very happy you liked his joke. He’s such a joker.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I do love my victor lights. Besides catching fleas, mosquitoes, flies and any other bug that finds a way inside , they make great night lights. If anything gets stuck on one that you want to release ( like a cat paw) a bit of warm water does it really well. I had a lizard get on one but he was fine after a light bath. He took off into my kitchen and I had to do a catch and release! Lol Home Depot sells the lights and also replacement sticky pads. An ordinary night light bulb can be bought in multi packs there too.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I spent time in the girls room with their new wand toy. I guess I choose this one for them because.....

It’s a Ginger......
39F43237-F53A-4F7F-90B0-AFFE0D652606.jpeg

Wand a toy! Lol
71762444-2881-48DA-BB96-53F0EFCE95A7.jpeg

Wanda Heart claimed it immediately.
F2CAD9A7-7BE7-47FA-9751-E689FCD1BD8C.jpeg

Tortie came in for a look.
F42C761C-3675-4A2E-AF36-C50790161BC7.jpeg

She thought it looked a lot like part of Wanda....
DCF7CA69-FBC7-4AE9-A9E0-3642610C72E1.jpeg

But Wanda Heart smells different!
1B068273-46CE-4FCC-9073-4DFD8933416C.jpeg

Alley came in to investigate.
696CA8B7-A1EA-42D0-B2B3-E73D7A617502.jpeg

A test sniff was required.
DDD8DDC6-9FC7-405A-B4B6-C064A86EBE0C.jpeg

It all turned into a cat conference and debate.
07CA9016-393A-4F0C-BD78-1F14EED2B9ED.jpeg

Wanda Heart listened patiently at first but...
23AC61E2-0572-4455-AD1B-953A82C0FFDF.jpeg

Finally just reached in to end the whole thing.
FBF4BDD1-CE94-44C0-BD5C-9750041774EB.jpeg

She took charge AND took the toy! :gingercat2: Mine!
720415E4-7E96-4992-9E83-847908846953.jpeg

It’s under the bed with Wanda Heart now.

I wonder if they make these in gray strilpes and Calico? :headscratch:

I didn’t make Wanda Heart share tonight. She has blood work scheduled for tomorrow. She has been looking a little lean to me so I felt it best to take her in for a check up. We’ve battled a few things ever since she came in ( her illnesses and my broken ribs and pneumonia) and had just gotten healthy enough to get her Spay surgery. She was scheduled before Covid but we got held up when the vet closed. :frustrated:It’s already scheduled again so I hope we can finally get that behind us. This is our fourth attempt! The vet put her ahead of many patients because we have trying to get this done for so long. I hope she doesn’t have more issues. :( I’m glad the regular vet will be checking her and doing the surgery if she gets a good report. Surgeries are so backed up here I really don’t want her going through the clinic. I don’t want her to have to go to the city right now either. Paws crossed and good vibes please everyone!

Have a great night everyone! :lovecat2:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
pearl99 pearl99 A blanket? Ummm. That makes for a nice night! A movie outside with air cool enough for a blanket. Next time..... can I come too? Lol
Yes you can 📽.

I think tonight's the night! Partly cloudy and clearing later. This morning my alarm went off at the usual time and I turned it off, meaning to get up, but Gracie talked me in to doing scratchies for a bit, then I fell asleep and didn't wake up till 9AM!
So I'll be up for awhile, for comet watching ☄🌃.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama The hen let’s the chicks take over! Bromeliads do that too. The mother plant makes lots of babies to carry on and bloom later and each of those blooms, makes babies and the plants become a colony. Nature is amazing.

That picture made me laugh. It reminded me a lot of Uff! Lol Thank you for the crosses paws and please hang onto that four leaf clover. :thanks:🍀

Furballsmom Furballsmom :thanks: In spite of my concerns, Wanda Heart must have had fun last night! The toy is off the wand! I haven’t found it yet! Lol I found the closet door was open so that toy has been hidden away for private use only!:lol: I suspect it will turn up. She must be treating it gingerly.

pearl99 pearl99 It would be a lot of fun to join you for a drive in movie! Lol I’ll bring an extra snuggly blanket.
:thanks:To you and Ziggy. I can see the crossed paws! Really cute picture too. Ziggy almost matches the rug! Cat ouflaged! .

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took Wanda Heart to the vet today. As I always say, trust your instincts with your kitties. I just had a nagging feeling that something was a bit off. Although Wanda Heart has not lost weight, she has only gained a few ounces. In this house, that’s kind of unusual for a young kitty. Upon seeing her and a brisk handling of her, the vet thought she looked good. I stood my ground that she needed a wellness check. She had a slightly elevated temperature and is showing signs of a respiratory issue. I have had family visiting lately and the vet feels that the stress of the visit is a factor. I am to try and give Wanda Heart extra yummy foods and to use the tube of lysine we got to boost her immune system. No new stress right now either. I won’t get the results of the blood work until tomorrow so, hoping it’s okay. Although the vet feels we could go ahead and do the Spay unless the blood work shows something more, it will not be done until the respiratory issues are gone. The vet feels that I caught this very quickly so we are hoping it will be resolved just as quickly.

Wanda Heart really wasn’t feeling her usual cuddly self. She nailed me pretty good. Even in her first days here and at the vets, she has never been nervous enough to nail me before. In fact, she has always been very easy to handle even during vet exams. All the kitties here like our vet. It took two of us to hold her today.
09298115-A547-41CE-9EA3-7745ED6551B2.jpeg

It helped a little during the visit to have a friend from home by her side.
9B1BD252-8436-407B-9971-2044E2B9A233.jpeg

I am going to be spending a lot of extra time cuddling my little Wanda Heart. Even the ride home wasn’t the usual happy time. I didn’t get a single head butt.
D729166E-9F0C-42F8-954C-A647A2094DAC.jpeg

The Clowder was waiting for us by the door when we returned. I tried not to make any noise but.....
0D951B95-7975-4225-8CD4-23F8223035DD.jpeg
Typical of a very loving clowder, they immediately gave Wanda Heart their undivided attention.
AC1C5E3F-0C7B-42BC-A474-BD351C3B4B34.jpeg

Wanda Heart calmed down as soon as the kitties gathered around the carrier. I let them all see that she was okay before she went back into the girls room. For now, I’ll be letting the girls stay there with the door closed to give her a bit more quiet time. Callie and Tortie snuggled her as soon as I let her out of the carrier. I’ve made a bed for her in her favorite spot. Inside the bathroom vanity. Lol It’s an empty cabinet and she likes to take her toys and treats there so it will be a quiet spot to take some nice naps. I put a big blanket inside and she knew right away that I had made that spot for her. As far as we can determine right now, she does not need to be separated from the other girls. I’m glad about that because Callie is very good at offering comfort. In fact, I may take her along the next time Wanda Heart goes to the vet. I think that would have helped a lot today.
Wanda Heart has already taken her first dose of lysine. It’s a gel form and she ate it straight off of her dinner plate. :yess:

Right now I am trying to write with a very concerned BJ on my shoulder! Lol Even after all the time I have been close to this group of kitties, I am still constantly impressed by the level of love and empathy they show for each member of the furmily. They may not be family by birth but they are certainly family by love. That little ginger kitten that Wanda ed into my life ,Wanda ed into the hearts of all here. Ferals are inspirational.
Wanda Heart sends thanks and love to all. :gingercat2::redheartpump:

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird I haven't really posted much lately on the site, but I still follow the threads daily. I am still so devastated over my Mittens passing. There are days that I want to just hide and stay in bed. Life is just so cold.
Anyway, enough about me. That is not why I signed in tonight to post.
I just read your latest post and just had to respond. My poor Wanda Heart!
I love all your kitties, of course, but you know that Wanda Heart holds a very special place in my heart. To even think that she may be ill at all has me heartbroken. I love her as if she was my own kitty. I can't explain why, it is just something about her, she is so precious to me. I look at her big sweet innocent eyes and just want to hug her and never let go. Maybe because she is a ginger kitty, like my Mittens. Maybe because she was so ill when you rescued her. I don't know. Maybe because she seems so shy, also like Mittens.
I find lysine to work very well. I know some people says that it don't work for their kitties, but I always found it worked for mine. I also got the gel form. My kitties would never eat any medicine added to their wet food, so I could never use the powder form. They wouldn't eat the treat form either.
Mittens would lick the gel form right off my finger. It always helped him.
I hope it works as well with Wanda Heart. I will pray that her blood work comes back good.
I do hope all your other kitty family is doing well. Yes, BJ will look out for all of you. He is your little caretaker and protector. My Shadow is like that.
He always followed Mittens around, making sure he was okay. I always say that Shadow is my little protector.
Oh, for all that offered your condolences about my Mittens on this thread, I want to thank each and everyone of you. It means a lot to me that you care.
I did finally post a tribute to him in crossing the bridge. It was hard to do, but he deserved to have a tribute and be remembered. It is titled My Healing Kitty, Mittens. The anniversary of my Mickey's passing was also recently. He passed six years ago and I still miss him every single day.
I would love to adopt another kitty for myself and Shadow, as he is so lonely without a kitty friend.
Give all your kitties extra cuddles from me, and a ton of cuddles for my sweet Wanda Heart!
Let her know how much I love her and want her healthy always!

Status
Not open for further replies.