My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
These days I can imagine being so relaxed laying there watching stars on a cool night that I might fall asleep and .......wake up next to a possum! :fear::lol:
Safer than waking up in the bear's den......................:runaround:..........................:sweat:........................:lol:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man 10,000 acres to hike?!?!? That would be wonderful. There is one state park near me that I can wander but it isn’t as large as that. I can wander the swamp but much of it is privately owned so I am limited. We have coyotes and Bobcats nearby but I haven’t seen any in awhile. No bears at all. Lol I would recognize cat scat but I don’t think I know what the bear necessities look like. :lol: I think the best use for bear deterrent here would be for two legged critters.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That must be a triumphant Goldilocks after a nap in the bed that was juuuuust right! Ate the porridge too! It all seems like something a cat would do. The Goldilocks here would do that.

Porridge? Just bring me breakfast in bed.
9F506231-7AA2-4F91-9CF6-F0BD8226EDC0.jpeg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In spite of a bright sun, we had cloud cover so.... I doubt I’ll see the comet.
1330E61C-4EF1-4C27-B6D4-979CAA746BD6.jpeg

Maybe the cats can do a search of the stars for me. Lol
68B433DC-A8DC-466D-8C35-9F5E20DBBB83.jpeg

Wanda Heart volunteered.
65095F61-9C3B-4E53-B8E4-5591F1C60483.jpeg

Is that a comet?
A4B6E7AA-C6E2-4394-881A-63A42A798A2B.jpeg

Maybe that?
DC1F63E7-7FE4-4549-9706-8B3063FBCBD4.jpeg

This must be it!
282B784A-94CE-47B3-A19A-2CABD124E903.jpeg

Okay. I looked for the comet so now.... tell me more about the story of Goldilocks.
4CCB3899-91BB-4AA5-ABC5-482058EAFD62.jpeg

Have a great morning everyone! I hope someone , besides Wanda Heart, got to see the comet. :lovecat2:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama A katydid/grasshopper type but he did show his back legs, thus the spoiler alert.
Spoiler alerts are good, as you never know who might be creeped out by a specific bug. As everyone knows, it's those webby 8-legged guys that terrify me, however, you'll all be happy to hear I got a piece of paper and helped one exit the door yesterday. It was just a little guy though. If it had been one of the big scary ones, I would have called for feline assistance. :catman:.

Nowadays, I'm just too lazy to go chase stars in the middle of the night :lol:
Yeah, annoying how the stars only come out in the middle of the night, when we're trying to sleep. :lol:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spoiler alerts are good, as you never know who might be creeped out by a specific bug. As everyone knows, it's those webby 8-legged guys that terrify me, however, you'll all be happy to hear I got a piece of paper and helped one exit the door yesterday. It was just a little guy though. If it had been one of the big scary ones, I would have called for feline assistance. :catman:.

Yeah, annoying how the stars only come out in the middle of the night, when we're trying to sleep. :lol:
You would have absolutely loved a place in Vermont that Michele and I visited years ago. It was called Spider Hill Farm, and the guy had sheds with glassless window frames hung up inside them. He took wooden plaques, sprayed them with contact adhesive, then sprayed a spider web with white paint and pushed the plaque through a window opening. His wife would then decorate the plaque with dried flowers and add some verse, and they sold them. I bought 2 of them for Michele.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Have a great morning everyone! I hope someone , besides Wanda Heart, got to see the comet. :lovecat2:
Not seen by me. I stayed up last night and clouds continued and some rain at 11pm, I woke up at 4:30AM and went outside to check and still cloud covered sky. The forecast is for clouds every day and some rain some days till Wednesday next week. I don't know how long the comet will be visible. ☄

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama You saved a spider?!?!? :clap2::salute:
My mom was so scared of them! When dating my Dad, he got the idea of putting a fake one on her while they were in a moving car. She jumped out! He never teased her again about that! I think it’s amazing that you did that! Of course Ruby missed some fun but we won’t tell her. Lol I think we all have something that creeps us out. If you want to see me move fast...... put me in the ocean with a bunch of Portuguese man o’ war! I turn into a little flying fish! :lol: They have a certain beauty but only from a boat! Don’t touch me!

tabbytom tabbytom Hmmm. Looking at the bright side of things, if you walk into a lamp post and get to see stars there could be one advantage. You get to see them while you sleep! Lol

N NY cat man I am nit familiar with the farm you mentioned but may years ago there was a lady who sprayed the webs with white paint and mounted them on a black board. She evicted the spider first which was considerate. Lol The webs are amazing works of nature though. I always think of the children’s book, “ Charlottes Web.”

pearl99 pearl99 I think the comet is supposed to be around until sometime in August but becomes harder to see. You still have a chance! We had rain today for the first time in awhile. It’s expected to continue in the upcoming week. The great thing about any nature watch is that you get some unexpected tests! Rufous hummingbird! Yay! I love all hummers! I got to see a type with super long tail feathers while in another country and I was really excited too. Birds are beautiful!

Since you haven’t seen the comet but did see a hummingbird, how about a hummingbird named comet? Lol

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about a visit to Sarah’s garden? The intense heat had really slowed down the plants. Many have been wilting in the sun and we weren’t having rain but......
the peaches are getting ripe!
A98A6EA0-774F-47AB-8DA8-2AA0210BBB1F.jpeg

A spiraling ginger is blooming.
141838B8-4C01-4D63-BCA3-590A8D0F0483.jpeg

The sky was growing dark but I spotted some plumbago.
CA5EC780-8682-468F-8F15-D721F1547260.jpeg

I love having a bit of blue in the garden.
95FF336B-663B-48B9-A76C-6C651F999B72.jpeg

We had quite a thunderstorm. We were all relaxing and listening to the rain when a huge boom of thunder sent all the cats scrambling. If I could move as fast as they do, I might have beaten them all into hiding! Lol The windows rattled!

Lazy rainy day.
0BBC2A53-EA15-4A5A-9B45-68572E302630.jpeg

The sound of rain was nice.
2D61F4B0-2D1C-44BA-8D71-DE7BE4EDC1A3.jpeg

A little thunder.
0D26AB3A-136A-4EF2-8A7A-40C92A5F644E.jpeg

A LOT of thunder!
FDD5059C-F1F1-4340-9E3A-D7803CE8DF5A.jpeg

So much for relaxed cats! Lol
745C7CB3-0CB9-4B73-BB0E-B4EBBEC8A30D.jpeg

Poor Flowers is still planted under the sofa.

For those along the coast around Texas, sending vibes for the hurricane to pass gently and without harm. Stay safe. :vibes::redheartpump:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sometimes they appear in the day when you walked into a lamp post and you see stars :stars:..............................:lol:
LOL. And ouch. 🤕

You would have absolutely loved a place in Vermont that Michele and I visited years ago. It was called Spider Hill Farm,
Just the name of the farm would have most likely deterred me from visiting. :running:

rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama You saved a spider?!?!? :clap2::salute:
I know! Shocking right. ;)

My mom was so scared of them! When dating my Dad, he got the idea of putting a fake one on her while they were in a moving car. She jumped out!
Oh no !!!! That sounds a bit like Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 bus story. 🚌

If you want to see me move fast...... put me in the ocean with a bunch of Portuguese man o’ war! I turn into a little flying fish! :lol: They have a certain beauty but only from a boat! Don’t touch me!
I had to Google, and this brief description makes your reaction seem totally logical.

"The Portuguese man o' war, also known as the man-of-war, blue bottle, or floating terror
is a Marine biology hydrozoan found in the Atlantic, Indian and Pacific Oceans."

The webs are amazing works of nature though.
They are. I'll give them that. :)

I always think of the children’s book, “ Charlottes Web.”
One book I've never read. Wonder why? :lol:

How about a visit to Sarah’s garden?
Always a pleasure. :hearthrob:

the peaches are getting ripe!
Oh, yum. 🍑

A spiraling ginger is blooming.
Ginger blooms ????? Didn't know that. (here's the emoticons for ginger - :gingercat: and :gingercat2:)

I love having a bit of blue in the garden.
Oh, totally gorgeous. Not a lot of true blue flowers. I have these Forget-Me-Nots in the spring

1595689594940.png

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh yea! Spiders......................... rubysmama rubysmama favorite!
I'm none too fond of the itsy bitsy bassarts either. I KNOW that they do wonderful things for us, but GACK! My neighbor's fiance had to come over last night and remove one from my computer. He was just sitting there like he OWNED IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.