My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I agree. I think delivery companies have had to struggle to meet demands. Maybe they hired untrained delivery workers? Perhaps they hired out of work baseball pitchers?
Bad reputation for the company. Even if they are out of work baseball pitchers, they need to be trained before setting out. Unless you have a doorbell cam or a perimeter cam that can be a witness to it else you have no case against their words.

Over here, couriers will text or call before they arrive and if there's no one home, we have an option whether tp leave at doorstep or reschedule for another delivery.

Usually if we are not no home, we'll ask them to leave outside the house and some of them are very good and hide the parcel well and they'll take a photo and send it to us to show that the parcel is delivered.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom I think the delivery guys are pretty overwhelmed right now but dropping or throwing any package over a five foot tall fence onto concrete, isn’t good. I was fortunate that it could only bruise and not break. It was fruit.

@NY cat man I miss using my old camera too. We have to relearn everything as new technology comes out. I suppose it keeps are brains active. Lol Maybe BP up too?
A tripod is an excellent idea. It prevents any movement a you can use a timed shot or shutter release to prevent movement as well as saving pained fingers. My old camera had a twenty food cord with a bulb I could use even by stepping on it. That was great for taking pictures of wildlife because I could stay hidden.

rubysmama rubysmama That must be a good choice! I am only seeing very pretty shots with that camera.
The Froggie fan club thanks you! Lol I do enjoy watching the kitties in their own little world. Their purrsonalities shine.

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 You had your heart in your mouth too? Lol I felt mine beating against my teeth! I had been trying to get BJ safe for such a long time, I just had to take that chance. I was afraid it would not come again.

He kept changing his mind about accepting me and each day he remained outside I was afraid would be the day something would happen to him. I knew he had been feeling ill so that really had me feeling the push to get him to a vet.

One day he would hide from me...

The next he seemed to want help and came to the edge of the swamp.
View attachment 340812
Then he would return to his favorite tree again.
View attachment 340813
Turning his back on me was definitely a messge that said, no! Go away.
View attachment 340814

Cats are so smart though. When he started feeling bad I could see by his expression, he was considering my offers of food and safety.
IView attachment 340815
Finally! He exhibited the ultimate sign a cat trust and showed me his belly!
View attachment 340816
This was THE night! The light behind him was not the moon. It was an eye of a raccoon just behind him. He was still some distance from me but I could see that he was very close to trust.
View attachment 340817
This is just after I calmed him a bit and before he fully realized he was shut in! Lol My Heart was pounding and, other than texting to TCS, I didn’t move a muscle.
View attachment 340818
He continued to consider eating me but....
View attachment 340819
Just after his vet check, he found that I also had Flowers here. Her kiss changed everything. He was out of the cage shortly after this.
View attachment 340820
My first time being allowed to really show him how much I love him. A full petting and I didn’t
even get a swat. Lol
View attachment 340822
Shortly after, he returned my affection.
View attachment 340821
This is when I first discovered he is a lover boy! Lol
He beat the heart worms and now we can live without the risks that face all ferals. Rescues are a challenge but the rewards are so very worth everything we put in. We get far more back in return. View attachment 340832View attachment 340833View attachment 340834
He learned how comfy a pillow can be.
View attachment 340835
And that not every bed will fit. Lol
View attachment 340836
He has been reunited will the ladies of his colony.
View attachment 340837
Of course, he isn’t spoiled at all!
View attachment 340838
He gives comfort when it’s needed.
View attachment 340839
He snuggles under the covers. Who says ferals can’t be socialized! Lol
View attachment 340840

He loves a snuggle fest.
View attachment 340841
He has learned how to relax. Totally!
View attachment 340842
All ladies are given love.
View attachment 340843

He has reunited with his children too. Being apart for a year does not mean that they forget each other.
View attachment 340844
As a Daddy he is loved.
View attachment 340845
He made friends with the other guys in the house too. They have each other’s backs. :lol:
View attachment 340846
No lady goes without attention from BJ.
View attachment 340847
I’d say he is top C Hat around here.
View attachment 340848View attachment 340850
View attachment 340849View attachment 340852View attachment 340853
He is guardian to us all.
View attachment 340854
With all the above and a face like this to welcome me in, what more reward could anyone ever desire?
View attachment 340857
Once a feral but not always a feral.
The world with the Clowder is as good as it gets. :redheartpump:
Nope! I’ll never forget the night BJ decided to follow me home. My heart still pounds but in a slightly different way. :lovecat3::kitty: Magic of kitty love!

Have a great night everyone! Rescue a feral if you ever get the chance. :heartshape:
Such a wonderful collection of beautiful portraits. I just love the tummy up sprawl. It's not only adorable but also a sign of total trust. I don't think Gypsy was feral, I always consider her the former neighborhood stray. I had equines and dogs when I was a kid and never forced any of them to do anything (vet visits and other health and safty things excepted) but rather they did want I wanted them to do because they loved me and wanted to do what I wanted them to do. That's the same technique Miss Gypsy experienced on her journey to join (and take over) our little household.
20200625_111928.jpg
20200625_101648.jpg
20200614_110459.jpg
20200609_233210.jpg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom You get excellent service there! I do have some cans but they left it in a place that is well covered by jasmine. I am letting the company know but since the delivery is through a service, I don’t know how much satisfaction they will get. The fruit is guaranteed though. If it is ruined they will reship. That’s not really fair for them though. They need to use a different company.

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 I love the little paw beans! Lol I have a lot of head bump shots. The cats love to bump as I am trying to take pictures. Lol It looks like you are getting some great snuggle time! :redheartpump: The color of your top is beautiful!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such a wonderful collection of beautiful portraits. I just love the tummy up sprawl. It's not only adorable but also a sign of total trust. I don't think Gypsy was feral, I always consider her the former neighborhood stray. I had equines and dogs when I was a kid and never forced any of them to do anything (vet visits and other health and safty things excepted) but rather they did want I wanted them to do because they loved me and wanted to do what I wanted them to do. That's the same technique Miss Gypsy experienced on her journey to join (and take over) our little household. View attachment 340880View attachment 340883View attachment 340885View attachment 340886
That’s all worth repeating! Gypsy looks so happy. I can tell she is where she wants to be. Her expressions say it all. I love tummy shots! Tummy fur too! Lol

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
That’s not really fair for them though. They need to use a different company.
That's the trouble. Sometimes they are shortage of staffs, they employ whoever wants to take the job and they are not trained and have no passion in the job and you get crappy service and attitude. But sometimes they just don't have the choice.

I stick to some even though they may be a little more expensive but service is guaranteed.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I was lucky it wasn’t cases of cat food! I can’t choose the delivery company but I can choose companies that back up their products. I had never had bad delivery service until the past few months. Maybe it will improve.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Nope! I’ll never forget the night BJ decided to follow me home. My heart still pounds but in a slightly different way. :lovecat3::kitty: Magic of kitty love!
You know how kids like to hear the same bedtime story over and over, well that's how I feel about BJ's story. I never tire of reading it, or seeing the pics.

Thanks again for everything you did for BJ, and his fellow clowder family. :hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama I still get the same feeling when I look at the pictures too. Including the heart pounding as I sat with my back to him hoping he would come inside. I was so worried I wouldn’t time everything right. And then when I did.......! :flail: As for thanks, thank you. Truthfully, I am thankful to them for finding a way to trust after all they had experienced. If there was ever magic, they found it in their hearts. They are amazing kitties. I’m glad you don’t get bored with a review. I hope that the reviews happen to catch the eye of someone new who may be wondering if they can socialize a big old fellow that looks like he might want to give them a swat instead of a kiss. My advice, go for the trust and then the kiss!

Furballsmom Furballsmom When Flowers gave BJ that kiss it was an Awww moment for me too. He had brought her and their babies to me earlier on and she obviously recognized him and was very glad to see him. His trust of me instantly escalated. He went from this....

Kind of sad
F724A34E-CF39-4A22-B7A5-DCEA2310886D.jpeg

To recognition and the kiss....
11C804AF-51D8-497F-8AF2-34EBFFB22E18.jpeg

To the BJ we all know and love.
C563A300-1FBB-47F9-B157-8D136157A9D2.jpeg

I had the cage door open in the next minute. There is no love like that of a Clowder!

Mackie is okay.
Thank you for asking about him. I opened our bedroom door to ask him and...
He ran out to the cat room. Lol
55B545E4-667E-4936-B37B-FC3FE80477C5.jpeg

I cleared the room of the others and he settled into a nice sanctuary.
D4CA6A28-C36C-4994-8E53-BBE0BE0FCB11.jpeg

Are you staying there Mack or would you like some snuggling?
BE3A89F5-0136-42A1-8040-A76B730C7F61.jpeg

Snuggling. I guess he is ready for me to come and join him in the other room. I have closed the curtains but he may still be a bit nervous. He did get under the covers with me last night. Having a new AC guy in there may have made him a little more nervous too. I’m going to let him enjoy the cat room until bedtime.
F963654A-7FE8-43AF-ADB2-F84296CCEA57.jpeg

The other kitties don’t mind being stuck in the great room.
8B3375BC-9F6D-4EB5-A910-64C8A6E70A7B.jpeg

As long as they can find a comfortable spot.....
2C16E7D0-5D4E-4190-9DC7-2CE719DE8C98.jpeg

They can rough it for a little while.
523EDB94-885D-40DA-8D86-BAD5E36B60D2.jpeg

;):lol:
May all kitties find a safe place. :redheartpump:

Have a great night everyone! :heartshape:

Attachments

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, calico had her kittens a couple of hours ago (guessing) and I am not comfortable with any of it. She is in one of my bathrooms and she took them way under the vanity, or lets say a couple of them anyway, and I don't know whether I should scoop them all up and put her and kittens in a carrier. She keeps pushing away the two that I put over next to her. Maybe I shouldn't have intervened. Crap, I don't know what I am doing so lets all pray that she does.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
@jeffrey18: Thanks for taking mama in so she wouldn't have her kittens outside. If this is her first litter, she may need a bit of time to settle into being a mom. She also may not be finished having the kittens, so be restless.

Although members who read/reply in this thread have knowledge of newborn kittens, I would suggest starting a new thread of your own in the Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care so you will get replies specific to you and your new kittens.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
jefferd18 jefferd18 You did fine. A mom cat pushing a couple away is a possible indicator. I don’t know if she is low on milk , has encrusted nipples, some issue feeding or if there is an issue with those two kittens. Can you check her? A wa damp cloth against encrypting can open the clogged nipples. Feeding the babies yourself may hel with some KMR. The mom could need some too. Her nutritional levels may be to low to support the kittens. Goats milk can be helpful too. I hate for them to be disturbed but it may be that loading them all up to see the vet is needed. Sorry to have to say that but something is up if she is pushing two away.
Is mom cat breathing okay and seeming okay? If the two she pushed away are away too long they will get low body temperature and not have milk. Nature has a way of handling things so the only way to be sure, is a vet. I am so sorry things are not easy. Sending love and hope that a warm damp cloth could solve the issue. Mom could also have some infection though. The 2 babies could have birth issues. Mom cats are smart. Follow her lead. rubysmama rubysmama Has a great point. She may not be finished delivering. Watch carefully and post a thread. She may push the kittens around as she works to deliver more.

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A couple of other orchid shots. The Phalaeonopsis a bit better and the yellow “Dancing Lady. Oncidium.
E8E57FFF-61BC-4B2D-A844-3CE59FB83FB7.jpeg
E903E7A4-A829-43DD-AA58-50D02BD51A1F.jpeg

An active cat room. Lol The kitties are never at a loss for something interesting to do.

Some cats are just relaxing. Lol
79875D73-E644-46F6-83CF-CAB43534820A.jpeg

Banjo is waiting for Froggie but...
2A697D9D-2E3B-4F62-AC2F-1AA0BE83E21B.jpeg

Also licking up a snack.
5C391A77-34D0-45B7-8870-CAB0675661FE.jpeg

We’re saving some for Froggie though!
B44A2B6A-4D20-4411-88A1-AAD990D47389.jpeg

Mitsy is people watching.
E2F17560-A92B-46A5-9D41-57F4B2C2944A.jpeg

How about you Bonjure?
D9ACC70D-12C0-4BB4-81FE-FDEC99867BA5.jpeg

Ohhhh. Got the balls spinning. Lol
5C710B25-4943-486F-BBAF-311136DD20F0.jpeg

The rest of the room? A bit busy!
835F987B-A306-41A3-9FB4-189AA50D355B.jpeg

Chasing toys, dubbing against table legs, climbing carriers and just enjoying the view!
055C8819-1B0D-4111-A396-6BA145CB4B01.jpeg

Cats on the move!
2AC2CA8B-ACC6-4465-A12F-87080D87CDA2.jpeg

Muffin hears something on the roof!
E7F80C1B-6720-44E4-9F87-52023A501A71.jpeg

Or maybe she just heard some purrs. :flail:
FF22971E-153B-4084-BF24-4233D91DE91C.jpeg

Never a dull moment!
Have a great night everyone!!:heartshape:

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
jefferd18 jefferd18 How is the Calico and how are the kittens? Hoping all is wel
Thank you for asking

So far, so good. Baby felines are small but perfectly formed and nobody seems to be going without food. She growled at me when I went near them last night and then took them way back under the sink. I can still reach them and tomorrow I am taking them to the vet. They are all piled on top of one another on that hard cold bathroom floor. Should I put a towel under them? I tried putting them on a towel in the corner of my bathroom last night, but she just took them right off and went under the sink with them.

I hate giving her to my vet. I know the kittens will be given good homes and I am sure she will get one too- I don't know, it just seems like everyone is always dumping her.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
jefferd18 jefferd18 You did fine. A mom cat pushing a couple away is a possible indicator. I don’t know if she is low on milk , has encrusted nipples, some issue feeding or if there is an issue with those two kittens. Can you check her? A wa damp cloth against encrypting can open the clogged nipples. Feeding the babies yourself may hel with some KMR. The mom could need some too. Her nutritional levels may be to low to support the kittens. Goats milk can be helpful too. I hate for them to be disturbed but it may be that loading them all up to see the vet is needed. Sorry to have to say that but something is up if she is pushing two away.
Is mom cat breathing okay and seeming okay? If the two she pushed away are away too long they will get low body temperature and not have milk. Nature has a way of handling things so the only way to be sure, is a vet. I am so sorry things are not easy. Sending love and hope that a warm damp cloth could solve the issue. Mom could also have some infection though. The 2 babies could have birth issues. Mom cats are smart. Follow her lead. rubysmama rubysmama Has a great point. She may not be finished delivering. Watch carefully and post a thread. She may push the kittens around as she works to deliver more.

I honestly think she forgot she had the two!- I don't trust young first time cat mothers too much.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
A couple of other orchid shots. The Phalaeonopsis a bit better and the yellow “Dancing Lady. Oncidium.
Lovely shots! :redheartpump: :hearthrob: Looks like it's blooming time!
An active cat room. Lol The kitties are never at a loss for something interesting to do.
They know how to keep themselves busy!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
jefferd18 jefferd18 Of she travels to another place quickly with her babies,?she’ll be focused on them for now. I know it’s hard to pass them on but unless you have room for her as a house kitty, it’s the thing a rescuer must make themselves do. I’m glad she and babies are okay. If she is still there under the sink, you can try putting newspaper, paper towels or another towel further back for her to choose to lay on, or not. A shallow box lid might work too. We can only offer. Hang in there! You did a great job with her and the little ones. Keep us posted please.

Status
Not open for further replies.