My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
W Wab If your kitty won’t accept the bed, try a shallow box on your desk. My kitties love boxes too and rarely reject a box. Lol

rubysmama rubysmama I love typos. The often change things completely! Spay day is definitely not relaxing and usually very involves lots of fragrances! :oops::lol: Vet smells ugh!

I have a better caterpillar ending! This caterpillar knows where he lives! Lol

Spoiler alert! Caterpillar coming in following post!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My yard is flooded again. We had a lot of rain but I also realized my neighbor did something that isn’t helping. They have been dumping leaves, limbs and yard debris along the runoff and it’s sending all the water towards me! There is a wall of debris and it looks like a beaver dam over there.I am hoping I can get them to open up part of it. I think they will when I show them it caused a flood around the well and pump and is also directing the flow towards their driveway. They’ve been getting sand from me for fill because , mysteriously, their drive was washing away. :doh: Lol

The sun is back! I hope it dries up the water!
Since the wildlife is blocked from finding food in the woods, we put leftovers out for them.
9FAA0A6F-5784-42FA-A1B5-51C2B72C4697.jpeg

Hey! I was gonna eat that later!
E52B3235-6287-4C1A-A8C2-B436B45D59A1.jpeg

I guess it’s okay if I can enjoy my hobby. Birdwatching time!
E20DF7AA-82B3-42F2-B922-1D13668863F6.jpeg

Birds are coming? Where?
1FC7EA47-9BB4-4D09-9D82-2C0B70E579E1.jpeg

Nothing yet.
7C22F89E-37B3-4334-9311-096459A956C1.jpeg

Mom says something will come.
2405C463-7942-4317-AD1F-38E538D52992.jpeg

You have to be patient to see them Banjo.
2911D30B-31EB-44DB-BAEB-074AFF947A04.jpeg

Any minute. Don’t give up!
52DDEE01-3D29-4A9C-9087-01BD87D0B918.jpeg

All I see is a dragonfly.
415B9DEF-8174-4E8A-AB01-C1845D53D335.jpeg

C’mon kitties. A bird will come.
97328178-4644-43E0-9120-30E32BEAEBE4.jpeg

Bj, I don’t see birds.
94390BF4-CA13-4612-B9ED-05E15F99557C.jpeg

Are you sure?
CF212CFE-E515-4973-887F-B32CBEF384D2.jpeg

Tell them Mom!!
3BC2C99B-05D5-453D-A09E-8DBEE99B116A.jpeg

I’m tired of hanging around!
0966B147-D8F5-4476-B2C6-CF4950493DFE.jpeg

Heh! Loook! Patience pays!

The buzzard is here!
AED7335F-F75E-49A8-AB1D-36201962C4BB.jpeg

Whoa! Big bird!
E5C8BFAC-05A9-4CBA-9C39-D94F8C5D102C.jpeg

The kitties kept the buzzard company while it ate. Lol Entertainment for today!

I went outside to do some chores and more caterpillars have shown up. This one was on top of an overturned bucket so I gave it a way off. I am sure this one is safe from all frogs here. It has a protective measure in place. Look verrrry closely! Don’t eat me. I carry a passport!
2E622239-81C8-4F46-BDBD-CA1B1C4B31B8.jpeg

The sign of the cat!
E5D62CA4-8655-4F2D-8F39-278B2D102389.jpeg

:blackcat:
:lol: Magic! Lucky kitties for sure!
Have a great night everyone! I must be off early tonight. :heartshape:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's a very lovely butterfly. Thanks. :butterfly: :bluebutterfly: :purplebutterfly:

A spa day! How relaxing. :catrub:

(I started to type spay instead of spa, as it's one of the words I type on this site a lot. But not even close to the same meaning as spa)
Oh, I dunno...I relaxed considerably after I was "spayed."

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man Miss Eleanor is a true Lady! Lady of thouse house too! “Get back you fresh little tux or I’ll slap you silly!” Maybe he is a gentleman though. He did come to visit after dressing up in his best tux! :clapcat:

CL56 CL56 Great response! :flail:Purrfect!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 You didn’t kill the thread. It’s just hard to type a response when you’re rolling on the floor laughing. :flail:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes! Roof leak! It’s still under warranty though and the roofer showed up today. We are due for more rain tomorrow so I was very glad to see him. I had suspected a problem and had been calling him. Turns out he has been sick. 😞 I’m very glad he’s better. He answered my call immediately this time. Hugs to him and his helper. With all that is going on, I was very grateful that they came quickly to help me. It turns out his friend/helper knows a lady who helps ferals! Somehow every conversation I have seems to lead to kitties. ;) Lol I told him about TCS and invited him and the lady to join us here. He put the info in his phone so I hope to see them here very soon! Welcome to them if they are here!

I have the old popcorn texture ceiling. I knew when the popcorn landed in my lap, I had a problem. :popcorn: New ceiling paint in my future! Anyone got a 16 foot ladder? Lol Maybe I can learn to walk on stilts. I can see it now..... stilts adorned with kitties who are using them as a new scratching post/cat tree!:lol::climbcat:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just have to say it. I tried to resist last night but you all know I can’t pass it up. Puns - wordplay!

This must be why they call these
CAT erpillars! Long haired. Must be part Persian or maybe Maine Coon? Looks polydactyl too!
6A38A3CF-7D8C-4586-B067-B5BD156617CF.jpeg

Okay. I got that out of my system. It was bugging me to let opportunity pass! :doh::rolleyes::lolup:

Another nature walk today! I wanted to enjoy being outside before more rain. It’s a flood watch so..... I may be stuck inside. I took Lady for a walk too. We all know she won’t want to get muddy paws tomorrow! Lol

The phlox smell so sweet!
925E2AB4-D249-47D9-A58C-61AF8FB6204A.jpeg

So does the honeysuckle!
A941FBC3-2784-4DD2-80CD-28FAC1F68CD2.jpeg

I know this is hard to see but in the very top of the old tree is a crow and a Kite! The Kite is related to hawks. Mostly white, it’s a beautiful bird and we’ve had a pair living near here. My camera won’t do much of a telephoto shot. It always blurs out at great distance.
E28F6480-9C86-49EA-8119-485FB4247984.jpeg

The crow is on the left and Kite on the right. It has a white body and head, black wings.
They are in the triangle of power lines and pole. Maybe I’ll catch it a little closer in the future.
324F776C-0785-49C0-9A3D-B6123C83F4DF.jpeg

Then I walked around to where I had put a new cat carrier to disinfect it. A lady bug thinks it makes a great bug sanctuary! Lol
7CD37C07-6145-4D32-89F8-1AC87D13A3B9.jpeg

A bug named after me? I like it! It’s already in the carrier so I guess it’s going to the vet. How do you Spay something that little?
EF94AC13-1BF7-41D4-86F2-E190CD8A9315.jpeg

Okay girls, time to come in now!
026863EB-AD4D-4577-B67D-62D4D44EE8D1.jpeg

I’m going to be a gentleman and.....
A715BA9C-D7FE-4957-AE0F-DB68F05CCFF4.jpeg

Pull open the door for the ladies.
4DD2D610-CA2C-4DEA-94BB-B3344BDF9797.jpeg

Thank you BJ!
745767AF-8D90-4B56-87B3-1EE4DEAF8B36.jpeg

Head scratches for our guardian.
37EE416E-E806-435C-AE2A-1FAC061B2BE7.jpeg

After our walk outside it was time for more chores. I have some Victor flea lights in each cat room. I love these things because they are great indicators of any intruding insects. Time to change the sticky pads and check for fleas. The sticky pad catches bugs. Any flea that jumps in, stays in. Eggs too.
I found a giant egg in one!
45D824E7-98D8-416C-943E-6A75E9A7BD8F.jpeg

Okay. That’s an Easter egg, not a flea egg. Very funny kitties! :winkcat: I wonder who did that?!?!? Lol

Have a great night everyone! :heartshape:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Collection? You have a lot of caterpillars?
Do you have a Caterpillar Clowder? :lol:
I did quite a bit of macro photography and I have lots of insects shots in my collection but caterpillars are quite rare so that I don't have many but at least a few. I don't have a bucket of caterpillar shots ☹

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did quite a bit of macro photography and I have lots of insects shots in my collection but caterpillars are quite rare so that I don't have many but at least a few. I don't have a bucket of caterpillar shots ☹
That is a White marked Tussock moth. It’s a very interesting creature. I have a female moth on the back door right now. I expect eggs to be near soon. I don’t have tons of caterpillar shots either but also did lots of macro photography years back. Before digital! Lol I mostly did miniature orchids. Some flowers are the size of a pin head. Bugs were a bonus. :thumbsup: Did you see my “Give a Skink a Drink” post? During the drought I rescued the little guy and got the rare chance to get very close! Normally they are fast and quickly vanish. It had the cutest little pink tongue!! I like the last picture. I think
he’s smiling as the drop of water goes down his chin! My vision is affected now by cataracts and other issues so focus is often a bit off ( of course I can’t always tell that! Lol ) but I still enjoy taking pictures. Kitties and all nature inspires! I get , happily, lost in it but also very excited when I see something like the skink and caterpillars. Fortunately, the kitties share my love for the local creatures. I guess having lived with them as ferals, they have mutual respect for each other!
CCF4885B-DD4F-4F4E-A5BA-2E87E50A1C84.jpeg
01B86152-6856-4244-BBDD-E3A2F7F7D9B0.jpeg

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
That is a White marked Tussock moth. It’s a very interesting creature.
It's a lovely caterpillar and it's good that you ID'ed it too and this way many can learn what it is and I try to ID my shots too whenever I can.

I do have skinks shots too but they are under my Reptile collections.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have the old popcorn texture ceiling. I knew when the popcorn landed in my lap, I had a problem. :popcorn: New ceiling paint in my future! Anyone got a 16 foot ladder? Lol Maybe I can learn to walk on stilts. I can see it now..... stilts adorned with kitties who are using them as a new scratching post/cat tree!:lol::climbcat:
I have popcorn texture on my living room ceiling, so I know how dreadfully hard that is to paint. Good luck. :hugs:

CAT erpillars! Long haired. Must be part Persian or maybe Maine Coon? Looks polydactyl too!
:lolup:

The phlox smell so sweet!
So pretty. I'll be expecting mine to bloom sometime around August. :ohwell:

I know this is hard to see but in the very top of the old tree is a crow and a Kite! The Kite is related to hawks. Mostly white, it’s a beautiful bird and we’ve had a pair living near here.
I never heard of a Kite bird, so my first thought was "now how'd a crow get a kite up into a tree?" :lol:

A bug named after me? I like it! It’s already in the carrier so I guess it’s going to the vet. How do you Spay something that little?
EF94AC13-1BF7-41D4-86F2-E190CD8A9315.jpeg
Awww.... beautiful picture of beautiful Lady. :hearthrob:

I'm kind of envious that your phlox are in bloom. Ours have just started to grow again, and are about 3" high. This cold weather isn't helping any, either.
Not sure if mine have even started to grow yet. Might be just the dead sticks from last year there right now. :sigh:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes! Roof leak! It’s still under warranty though and the roofer showed up today. We are due for more rain tomorrow so I was very glad to see him. I had suspected a problem and had been calling him. Turns out he has been sick. 😞 I’m very glad he’s better. He answered my call immediately this time. Hugs to him and his helper. With all that is going on, I was very grateful that they came quickly to help me. It turns out his friend/helper knows a lady who helps ferals! Somehow every conversation I have seems to lead to kitties. ;) Lol I told him about TCS and invited him and the lady to join us here. He put the info in his phone so I hope to see them here very soon! Welcome to them if they are here!

One thing I should mention- some of the material used in popcorn ceilings contains asbestos, so you really have to be careful. It all depends on when it was done, like in the 70s, I believe. The newer stuff is asbestos-free. It's kind of like older houses having lead paint.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH GOD I KILLED THE THREAD!!!:bawling:
Hee hee. You shocked us into silence...:lol:

A bug named after me? I like it!
Awww, that's a great shot of my little girl. 😍

Pull open the door for the ladies.
BJ doesn't door dash? Demi would be gone as soon as the door opened. :running:

I have some Victor flea lights in each cat room. I love these things because they are great indicators of any intruding insects.
Are they safe to use around cats? Mine try to taste everything. :think:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man I moved some of the phlox last year to a sunnier spot but even so, they are blooming early. It seems that everything is early this year. I’m wondering what will be left to bloom later? I hate the thought of a flowerless garden! Thanks for the warning about the popcorn. Fortunately this is more than a decade later. I’m not a big fan of that stuff. It’s on the cathedral ceiling so it’s going to be a pain to reach.

tabbytom tabbytom You have a whole collection of reptile shots? I’d love to see them but that might truly kill the thread. :lol: I think lizards are okay but not snakes. I find beauty in all but not everyone shares that interest. I once posted a snake. Eeeeek! Never again!;)

rubysmama rubysmama Painting popcorn is hard. A deep napped roller helps but even so, hard to cover. The worst part here is that it’s up very high. I have a twelve foot step added but I need a taller one or scaffolding. No rush though. I need to be sure it’s all dry up there first. I’ll probably have to use some Kilz paint too. I don’t love painting with that but it Kilz the water stain.
When your phlox and NY catmans bloom, mine will be done and I’ll be wishing for more. Maybe you can both send photos?

Lady liked the little bug. She seemed interested in the fact that it was in the cat carrier. Lol I love Ladybugs! They are pretty and great at eating up the bugs that hurt the Flowers.

M maggiedemi BJ does not have any desire to go outside anymore. He just looks out and sits there like, “ You’re not sending me back out onto that place, are you?” Poor baby. He doesn’t like any of his family going out there.
That was a cute expression on Lady’s face.

The flea lights are safe but the kitties will get the sticky pad on their paw if they touch it. I put the light in a carrier when I have it around kittens or a new cat. If a big big got on one, it might be a temptation for kitties. Mine are not interested in the lights but in the past I did have a couple of kitties touch the pad. Warm water takes it right off though. There aren’t any chemicals in it. It’s just a night light bulb over a sticky pad. They work really well. You can also put one in a closet and shut the door. When all other lights in the house are off, a flea will head to the light in the closet so I still find them. I’ve had a lizard come in and get stuck but warm water got him right off. No harm done. A cat licking it! That could be an issue! Their tongue might stick but I don’t know. I’ve never tried that. Lol:p

Status
Not open for further replies.