My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom I guess I’ll be making tiny cat ears for the frog! Lol That should be interesting. I wonder if Banjo will approve?

rubysmama rubysmama I love the Froggie garden. Banjo would be happy sitting right in the middle! Lol How many frogs? It’s hard to see on this tiny screen but I know I see 13. A couple of rocks kind of look Froggieish. Lol I also wonder what the real Froggie here would think if I put a frog garden outside! :lol: It might be ribbiting to them.
I have that same garden bench! Love it!

N NY cat man That little fishing pole is purrfect. I love the picture of Stretch and Digger! Two catfish on one cast! Excellent fishing skills. :lol:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Definitely going to catch his limit with that darling fishing pole. The kitties obviously love that. They were lured in with the right bait! Lol

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, yeah. We trapped almost every community cat in our neighborhood two houses ago, and the very last one came in to the trap -- and then bolted before tripping the plate. VERY smart, that Momo.

And its always the cat that you really really need to get a hold of too. She is the last female, she is pregnant, and if I don't catch her in time, the colony will start right back up again. :(

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama I love the Froggie garden. Banjo would be happy sitting right in the middle! Lol How many frogs? It’s hard to see on this tiny screen but I know I see 13. A couple of rocks kind of look Froggieish. Lol I also wonder what the real Froggie here would think if I put a frog garden outside! :lol: It might be ribbiting to them.
I have that same garden bench! Love it!
Good eye! I think you spotted all the frogs! 🐸 I can't wait for spring so I can put them out again. :sunshine: The bench used to be in my parent's yard, and I brought it to mine when their house was sold.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom For the peanut butter to cure a headache.... do I try eating it or rubbing it on my head? :flail:The cats might try to give me a bath! Lol I’ll let you know if it works for the next headache. Even if it didn’t work, it would be fun to try!

rubysmama rubysmama i could just melt a Reese cup on toast! Lol mmmmmm!

Callie is such a pretty girl. I love it when the big girls join the play. She kept that raised pose for a good while too! Her tummy may be round but her bottom must be flat! Lol I just wanted to rub that pretty white belly!!

Wanda Heart is grown! She’s still a little girl compared to her roomies. I think she may stay small but she thinks she big! Lol

N NY cat man I have often thought of using a fishing pole but figured I’d knock something over! Lol A child sized pole is purrfect! I would love casting for cats! :lol: I’m gonna stay on the lookout for one of those! Can you imagine if I tied a shrimp on the line?:climbcat::runningcat::dizzycat: If you ever get pictures of cat fishing, I would love to see! Lol

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I love your stories of Tarifa and her prey. I always get an image in my mind. Lol Leaping cats are all grace, beauty and adrenaline! Lol When Wanda Heart leaps, I smile. I love watching kitties hold their heads up as they carry things. Also a graceful movement.
I had forgotten about peanut butter on celery. Topped with a line of raisins it’s called ,”ants on a log!” :lol: We had that as children.
The info on the drop trap is good advice! I love the idea of hiding in a big box the monitor dropping it!

jefferd18 jefferd18 You’re doing great with catching the kitties! I didn’t know you had caught all three babies AND a Tom! :clap2: :woo::goldstar:Bravo!!! Keep us updated please.

@white shadow Thank you for adding to the trapping ideas. Hiding the trip plate is a great idea! It’s hard to avoid what you can’t see! :redheartpump:

Furballsmom Furballsmom Another great tip! Warming the food to enhance the smell can distract kitty from the trip plate! Ummmm! Warm chicken would catch me!
Yes, kind of a fun game, especially if you get your cat ;) :yess: :runningcat:I actually never tried a drop trap but I've read a lot about TNRers who have needed to use them when all else fails. I've relied on my trusty Have-A-Heart or Tomahawk, which has served me really well.
I've never heard of that recipe! Sounds good!
Tarifa is the mighty hunter. She's the littlest, the eldest, and by far, the loudest. I'm glad my female roomie is a heavy sleeper and that my male roomie doesn't sleep much at all (sometimes I've thought of asking if he's a vampire, but I thought better of it).
That tiny chair looks like it might suit Froggie Prince really well! (And that is a very cute little froggie there, too!)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
jefferd18 jefferd18 It IS always the cat you need to get. Just keep trying! Sending cat catching vibes! :vibes::catlove: May the kitty be calm and relaxed enough to stay put!
You know the story of me catching Jazzy just days before her delivery. She got a tiny bit interested in attention just before delivery date. Maybe hormones will work in your favor this time.

rubysmama rubysmama The frogs are all so cute! I almost missed the little one on the rock. Lol Spring peepers? I’d like to see the garden again in Spring when everything starts growing again. Those are daylillies?
The bench I have was in front of my Grandmothers house. When my Dad sold the house I got the bench. It’s a nice place to sit and watch the garden.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 So Tarifa is the matriarch of the furmily! Or is that Catriarch? Lol She is a great lioness hunter like little Wanda Heart. Good providers for us poor human hunters. I never mind hearing the kitties calling as the march through the house. It’s a nature sound to my ears and , therefore, music to my ears. Hearing nature makes me rest easy. When it rains here I hear thousands of frogs in the wetlands area. Bullfrogs, tree frogs and others. It’s a rather loud chorus but I could sit and listen all night. Total silence would probably keep me awake! Lol Maybe your wakeful roomie needs some Froggie music. ;)
When I saw that tiny chair, it immediately struck me. It’s almost an exact match to the patio chairs the cats like to sit in. Since Froggie is so in tune with the kitties, I thought he might enjoy it in Spring. We’ll see! A throne for the Prince!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 So now I need to dress the Prince. Lol Maybe just his indoor friends. A future miniature scene? Lol Cats, frogs and owls!

BTW My Dad liked our discussion of the owl and the pussycat. He suggested we name the boat the Runcible Spoon after the Runcible spoon in the story. The word was made up but now is thought to refer to a spoon with prongs like claws ( the spoons do look like cat paws!) as well as a large cat with crimson whiskers and large claws. Lol It is also said that a Runcible wall will not fall. :lol:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I guess I’ll be making tiny cat ears for the frog! Lol That should be interesting. I wonder if Banjo will approve?
Let Banjo do the designing and I'm sure it'll be approved.
Of COURSE SHE WILL! Every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed frog! With deepest apologies to ZZ Top!
Maybe a kiss will turn them into handsome cats.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have been back to using heat again the last few days. The kitties love it. I noticed static electricity in the fluff furs! I started out brushing Bonjure.

His tail expanded!!
2A0BFD74-EFE6-4CCE-AEDF-229800846E4F.jpeg

Why does my tail feel funny?
227A153D-4140-4D5F-9EB5-82EEFD38DC59.jpeg

Then, I moved to Smokey. :lol:
Her fur stood straight out! She didn’t look brushed, she looked clingy!
2505EEF1-3F7D-42E9-84D0-0D9281EB85E6.jpeg

Kodiak noticed.
3F194802-E52B-4F7C-82B9-409DBC42170C.jpeg

She could hear a light crackle of static electricity as I brushed!
925DEE1C-49D4-4BC0-8964-BB26840ECB44.jpeg

She listened and tried to figure out what made that noise.
88110F7B-09D9-4008-8328-97DA09FA60C8.jpeg

Smokey tried to make her fur lay down by licking it! Lol
FFD81604-5CDF-4B24-9276-7958D07FDEFA.jpeg

When Kodiak reaches up to pat the noise, she got a little jolt from Smokey! She won’t be bothering her elder girl tonight!
A0610556-4EC7-44C4-BCA2-B2BB99E2DEB1.jpeg

Don’t even think about it Mom. I remember what happened the last time my fur held static! I had Pom poms stuck to my head and you didn’t even tell me!
13F0F751-74B4-4863-B14B-56D1F76033D0.jpeg

:think: Maybe I did........

Have a great night everyone! :heartshape:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom We already know that kissing a frog works. That’s why Banjo is confined to kissing through the glass of the door. Her brother Whistle kissed a frog directly and Wanda Heart just appeared like magic! :caticon::lovecat4:🐸 If a tiny tree frog turns into a cat prince or princess, I guess it takes a big old bullfrog for a human one!!😯:barfgreen:
:flail:
I’ll keep Banjo busy designing royal clothing. Lol

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama The frogs are all so cute! I almost missed the little one on the rock. Lol Spring peepers? I’d like to see the garden again in Spring when everything starts growing again. Those are daylillies?
Yes. Dayliles. They all bloom at different times. The first in June, with the last ones in August. One even has tiny reblooms. I'll definitely post a pic once everything starts growing this year.

The bench I have was in front of my Grandmothers house. When my Dad sold the house I got the bench. It’s a nice place to sit and watch the garden.
Oh, that sounds lovely. And similar to my bench's story.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
His tail expanded!!
I showed that photo to Dean and he thought it was Poppy-cat LOL --devil-kitty ears and all :lol:

Being in Colorado (Denver/semi-desert = really dry air even with a humidifier going) ...I can't get away with brushing when there's static electricity in the air, which seems like always in the winter around here, because I actually shock him. I have to keep a damp papertowel nearby when I'm grooming the Big Guy and give him a swipe with that now and then inbetween brush strokes :)

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I showed that photo to Dean and he thought it was Poppy-cat LOL --devil-kitty ears and all :lol:

Being in Colorado (Denver/semi-desert = really dry air even with a humidifier going) ...I can't get away with brushing when there's static electricity in the air, which seems like always in the winter around here, because I actually shock him. I have to keep a damp papertowel nearby when I'm grooming the Big Guy and give him a swipe with that now and then inbetween brush strokes :)
I know what you mean. We have a humidifier hooked up to our furnace, and even with that, I still get popped whenever I pet one of the cats, especially Stretch and Digger. They have finer fur than the rest, and seem to generate more static.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have been back to using heat again the last few days. The kitties love it. I noticed static electricity in the fluff furs! I started out brushing Bonjure.

His tail expanded!!
View attachment 324381
Why does my tail feel funny?
View attachment 324373
Then, I moved to Smokey. :lol:
Her fur stood straight out! She didn’t look brushed, she looked clingy!
View attachment 324375
Kodiak noticed.
View attachment 324376
She could hear a light crackle of static electricity as I brushed!
View attachment 324377
She listened and tried to figure out what made that noise.
View attachment 324378
Smokey tried to make her fur lay down by licking it! Lol
View attachment 324379
When Kodiak reaches up to pat the noise, she got a little jolt from Smokey! She won’t be bothering her elder girl tonight!
View attachment 324380
Don’t even think about it Mom. I remember what happened the last time my fur held static! I had Pom poms stuck to my head and you didn’t even tell me!
View attachment 324382

:think: Maybe I did........

Have a great night everyone! :heartshape:
Such gorgeous well-groomed felines! Bonjure is especially gorgeous. Of course I'm partial to the house panthers, fluffy or sleek.
Static electricity is a problem here in the Autumn especially, when it tends to be dry and cool at times.
Have a wonderful evening/night all!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hekitty does her "Rice Krispies" imitation all winter long! She just goes, "snap, crackle, pop" whenever she's brushed. She also goes "hiss, spit, claw," which means she does not get brushed as often as she should in the winter!

I'm going to be missing for a few days. We have inspection on Wednesday, so I'll be cleaning like a fiend until then, and probably sleeping most of Wednesday afternoon, after the inspection is done. See y'all either Wednesday night or Thursday!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 If you aren’t gone already, I am sending cleaning energy your way and vibes that you don’t have to sit around waiting for anyone. As I recall, the last time this happened, you had to wait for the inspector. That must be quite a life interruption. Don’t shock the inspector Hekitty! :lol:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom I’m skipping kissing any frogs! No bull! :lol:

rubysmama rubysmama I look forward to seeing your garden grow. I love daylillies. There is a Daylilly Society here and the always had the prettiest displays at the flower shows I used attend with the orchids. They have so many new varieties now. When I was little my Grandmother had a triangular garden filled with daylillies. She lived by the water and used crushed oyster shells for the border. The bleached white shell was pretty against the foliage and , mostly, orange flowers. It was a peaceful spot. I think she gave me the love of garden watching. As a little child I tried to catch the moment a flower opened. :lol: I never did. Much later in my life I had an orchid flower that I could catch opening. It always reminded me of the early days of garden watching. Your camera will be lots of fun!

Furballsmom Furballsmom :lol: A Poppy body double! I didn’t expect that static since it’s been flooded around here but I guess having the heat on again brought it about. Bonjure got the funniest look on his face when his tail fur moved to follow the brush! Strange sensation?:blackcat: I’ll have to try the damp towel trick.

N NY cat man I sometimes get a shock too but I have also touched a kitty and given them a jolt. I get ,”the look!” Kodiak was trying to harass Smokey when she peeked over the table and got jolted. I guess she thinks that Smokey is the top lady for very good reason! :storm: Stretch and Digger are especially energetic!:)

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I love brushing the kitties. Watching the fluff turn silky is so nice. Almost all of the kitties melt during brushing. Dolly will follow me everywhere if I have a brush in my hand. It’s his favorite thing. He is very vocal for brushing and even more vocal when I stop! Lol

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was another sunny day! Yay! It was windy and cool but it was nice to be dry. Lol

I came in and found Banjo happily occupied. I think she has been reading the thread again. ;)

Since you only let me kiss Froggie through the glass........
97E6BA45-0C63-438C-904C-0D12DF5D3DC5.jpeg

I kissed this Froggie!
D89E5216-5D3F-4C25-B431-900D502F80D1.jpeg

I think he’s starting to turn into a cat!
78C2504C-E1BC-4929-8843-D30E3E054E5A.jpeg

He’s kind of furry now......
7D65F6C7-A74F-4E9A-A10E-13BAD03428A5.jpeg

He has ears and a tail too!
65D6335F-DEF7-4D3D-A65B-303BA4B71EE2.jpeg

Is there a piece of fabric under me?
DB7FD84F-40FA-4A7A-AA73-FCA6EB0B91ED.jpeg

A pair of scissors?
E320EBAC-AE42-4998-A0CC-29AA76C0E5FA.jpeg

What would I be doing with fabric and scissors?
3E85D7A0-B6B6-46D4-B02D-245522E610A3.jpeg

I’m going to take a nap while I wait for the frog to become a prince.
9B80C4D1-64C5-4586-98DE-B50478B90FBB.jpeg

Don’t leave. I love you Froggie.
7964FE3D-7DB0-4A56-BFD4-EEDF10AFFB78.jpeg

I’ll teach you to purr. Listen.
5CC2E6BF-3493-4747-8E03-A736763A10E7.jpeg

Hmmmmm.
E85B1275-79F5-4ECA-904F-B2E7896F079F.jpeg

I like that sound!
DCB9594C-FC89-4460-81F2-7667D0CCEFE0.jpeg

By golly! I believe! Purrrrrrrrrrrrr!
61A02134-2623-488B-BC94-823513F52D9A.jpeg

Hoppiness makes everyone purr.