My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I bet you are right that Banjo was hugging the blanket! Lol
Getting good teaching from family is so great. I wish everyone could pass that kind of thing on. It’s now up to the next generations to pass it on and share the knowledge. Book! I don’t think anything can beat the feel and contents of a book. We can certainly find huge amounts of information on the internet but it lacks the feel of a book. Even if the power goes out, books still work. :lol:
I’m glad there is a healthy population of bees there. 🐝 I try to plant things the bees like.

Lari Lari Another interesting peanut butter suggestion. Peanut butter on hamburger. Hmmmm. I’m going to have to start a list!

rubysmama rubysmama Peanut butter on grilled cheese. Well, I’m not supposed to eat a lot of cheese but I think it would be fun for us to try all the suggestions. Open mind, open mouth! 😋

tabbytom tabbytom French toast with banana and peanut butter. The list grows. I think we could start a peanut butter restaurant! 🥜 I have heard of it with bananas, apples and bacon! Lol As a child I dipped potato chips in the peanut butter. If we used all the ideas, we could prepare quite a “spread!”:lol:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
French toast with banana and peanut butter. The list grows. I think we could start a peanut butter restaurant! 🥜 I have heard of it with bananas, apples and bacon! Lol As a child I dipped potato chips in the peanut butter. If we used all the ideas, we could prepare quite a “spread!”:lol:
Peanut butter goes with everything. Think one of the best protein food around. Sometimes I just take 3 tablespoon 🥄 full of chunky peanut for lunch :lol:

I love chunky peanut butter and one of my all time favorite is Smucker's Goober Grape peanut butter jelly.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m beginning to think we are topping more record rainfall months. Lol This past November was 5 inches but each month since has had similar rainfall. Today was over an inch and it’s still raining. It’s a good day to stay inside and eat peanut butter! It’s going to be getting cold tonight too. Peanut butter on warm toast? :lol:

I have had a headache all day today. I kind of think it’s related to the barometer. I decided to put a heating pad over my forehead for a little while since that often helps. Suddenly, something tickled my nose! I looked around the heating pad and saw this.....

Bonjure fluff tail! Lol So I covered my whole face with the heating pad.
2D57DBFF-9FA1-4EDE-BAA7-2288D89705CA.jpeg

The pad got VERY heavy. :lol: The pressure actually felt really good. It got a little intense though and when I could lift the pad up, someone was laying on my face!

Jus’ me mom!
A62FA347-2FA0-42DF-B9C2-A8DCF9D3A839.jpeg

We kitties know how to heal. Feel better? :purr: Thank you Bonnie! Kodiak took a shift there too. Lol The shift change was interesting from beneath the pad. Big paws left and little paws walked across my nose and eyes.

Much later......
It’s kitty play time! Callie. ( Exercise needed. Someone has a round tummy.)
8A5BED68-8B90-42E9-975A-34CF6B6360CE.jpeg

Let’s go cat fishing! Callie? Are you just going to sit there?
BCADBCA8-47C4-4FED-B66F-B2E683B3C8F7.jpeg

Smells more like Wanda Heart than catfish!
Get me fish if you want me to chase it.
8E644759-A957-40A1-A52E-EAAC42259645.jpeg

You’re s’pose to jump like this Callie!
84E5FA0F-9914-45EE-906E-4E577B22EFB7.jpeg

Where did it go?
4700235E-C0BC-4D14-A9D7-196A592F4B97.jpeg

I’m going to kill it Mom!
C99616EC-DFE2-49B8-89A8-694E74F33A67.jpeg

I think it’s wounded.
97446042-F43B-4B0E-944B-403D34B2A1F2.jpeg

It’s not moving mom.
5104734F-603B-4DB4-B66E-CC3AE3EF8D85.jpeg

Yeah. I killed it Mom.
4ABCAABE-8666-433C-A468-0CD80AD4C2E8.jpeg

To the victor goes the spoils!
77B78B51-E1DF-4EA8-B82E-DA252CBA4766.jpeg

Finally! I got Wanda Heart carrying off her prey without blur! :flail:

The poor little wand toy was taken under the bed to the lair of our little lioness. Wanda Heart came out a few minutes later for her rewards. Pets! :clap2: Good job kitties!

Of course tomorrow I’ll have to crawl under the bed to retrieve it.:rolleyes:

A wand toy with a metal wand and having a very good magnet might be a good idea? Lol

Have a great night everyone. I’m going to go put a cat on my face and relax. :catman::heartshape:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Peanut butter on warm toast? :lol:
Topped with some chocolate chips, perhaps? :yummy:

Jus’ me mom!
A62FA347-2FA0-42DF-B9C2-A8DCF9D3A839.jpeg
What a face! :lol: A gorgeous one, though. :dancingblackcat:

8A5BED68-8B90-42E9-975A-34CF6B6360CE.jpeg
Hey! Hello stranger. Good to see you again, Callie. :catlove: And that round belly is just more of you for mom catbird to love. :hearthrob:

It’s not moving mom.
5104734F-603B-4DB4-B66E-CC3AE3EF8D85.jpeg
Wanda Heart! :hearthrob: Is that really you? You're all growed up, babe. :lovecat2:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m beginning to think we are topping more record rainfall months. Lol This past November was 5 inches but each month since has had similar rainfall. Today was over an inch and it’s still raining. It’s a good day to stay inside and eat peanut butter! It’s going to be getting cold tonight too. Peanut butter on warm toast? :lol:

I have had a headache all day today. I kind of think it’s related to the barometer. I decided to put a heating pad over my forehead for a little while since that often helps. Suddenly, something tickled my nose! I looked around the heating pad and saw this.....

Bonjure fluff tail! Lol So I covered my whole face with the heating pad.
View attachment 324131
The pad got VERY heavy. :lol: The pressure actually felt really good. It got a little intense though and when I could lift the pad up, someone was laying on my face!

Jus’ me mom!
View attachment 324132
We kitties know how to heal. Feel better? :purr: Thank you Bonnie! Kodiak took a shift there too. Lol The shift change was interesting from beneath the pad. Big paws left and little paws walked across my nose and eyes.

Much later......
View attachment 324133
Let’s go cat fishing! Callie? Are you just going to sit there?
View attachment 324134
Smells more like Wanda Heart than catfish!
Get me fish if you want me to chase it.
View attachment 324135
You’re s’pose to jump like this Callie!
View attachment 324136
Where did it go?
View attachment 324137
I’m going to kill it Mom!
View attachment 324138
I think it’s wounded.
View attachment 324139
It’s not moving mom.
View attachment 324140
Yeah. I killed it Mom.
View attachment 324141
To the victor goes the spoils!
View attachment 324142
Finally! I got Wanda Heart carrying off her prey without blur! :flail:

The poor little wand toy was taken under the bed to the lair of our little lioness. Wanda Heart came out a few minutes later for her rewards. Pets! :clap2: Good job kitties!

Of course tomorrow I’ll have to crawl under the bed to retrieve it.:rolleyes:

A wand toy with a metal wand and having a very good magnet might be a good idea? Lol

Have a great night everyone. I’m going to go put a cat on my face and relax. :catman::heartshape:
C.A.T.! Sure to cure that headache quickly and leave smiles and good feelings in its place! Some star CAThletes there -- Wanda Heart especially! Tarifa, 16 going on 17, is still "hunting" and leaving her "prey" by my roomies' door, bellowing to announce her "kill". She caught a silver one last night. Usually it's a purple one. I guess she thought they needed some variety ;)
My roomie likes peanut butter on celery, like a lot of people. She usually puts a big scoop on her plate at breakfast, which is usually always some vegetables plus an egg, or meat, or fish, or several of these at once, plus natto (Japanese soybean thing) and hot water to finish. I give her half a grapefruit in the morning. She loves it.
We love wand toys -- Cat Dancer and da Bird are our all-time favorites. Rani angel used to catch these and run them through the house with me attached to the pole. I couldn't possibly let go or I might never find it again. Up in the barn in the Mojave, Bobby used to jump several times his own length to catch the lure. I do love to get 'em airborne:goldstar:

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a problem and if anyone could please advise me, I would be so grateful.

I have caught four cats already in my trap- three babies and one young tom. The young tom is already at my vet's and the babies will be joining him there shortly.

The problem is- is that one of the cats ( the pregnant one,:(), has caught on to how the trap works. She will eat the food but is careful not to step on the plate. Honestly, I don't know how to approach this setback.

I have to get her! She will be giving birth in two weeks and then she will be hiding the kittens. I won't see them until they are old enough to vote.

Can someone please advise me on what to do?

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
jefferd18 jefferd18 - what I've done is to cover the whole plate area with a lightweight towel/large rag.......and use a string of spaced out treats to lead the way to it. Cats are 'smart'.........but also, easy to 'twick' :lol:

Thank you, White Shadow! :) The weird thing was the other night, she got caught. I saw her struggling to get out and I went to over to pick up the trap as I had done with the other four kitties. She came right back out and then sat and glared at me. LOL! After that, she would proceed to eat the tuna I placed in it, without putting her paws on the plate.

Right now, I only have a flimsy newspaper covering the plate. I had not thought about the stringing out treats to lure her in. I am going to do what you suggested.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
...and if nothing else works, you could try a well-camouflaged (CATmouflaged!?) drop trap but you have to sit on the trap to trip it.

I had never heard of that before, thank you tarasgirl. :) I will look more into it.

I don't know if she would ever come that close to me. She stays about a foot away from me and will bolt the moment I move. She has absolute zero trust in me or any human.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had never heard of that before, thank you tarasgirl. :) I will look more into it.

I don't know if she would ever come that close to me. She stays about a foot away from me and will bolt the moment I move. She has absolute zero trust in me or any human.
You'd have to camouflage yourself behind something, kind of like a duck blind, so you could see out and control the string to drop the trap but without her seeing you. A large clothing box would do it.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
You'd have to camouflage yourself behind something, kind of like a duck blind, so you could see out and control the string to drop the trap but without her seeing you. A large clothing box would do it.

Oh, okay, I misunderstood. I will look into that. Do you think some cats can become too wise for traps?

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
...and some seriously tempting food - tuna is good - maybe heat it a little to really bring out the fragrance, or maybe anchovies or kentucky fried chicken.

Thank you, Furballsmom! :) I will try heating it. I got permission to put the trap out overnight in the locked up portion of their parking-lot.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, okay, I misunderstood. I will look into that. Do you think some cats can become too wise for traps?
Oh, yeah. We trapped almost every community cat in our neighborhood two houses ago, and the very last one came in to the trap -- and then bolted before tripping the plate. VERY smart, that Momo.

Status
Not open for further replies.