My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
bought a large bag of wild bird seed and put it on the grassy median for them.
This made me tear up. How did you get to be so dang wonderful? :bawling:

I am trying something new myself! Gluten free
We eat gluten free at dinner because of my mom, unless we get take-out. Tinkyada is the best gluten free pasta. 🍝

I see chicken, veggies, gravy....
Was the gravy gluten free? You can use corn starch instead of flour.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I expect they find their humans beautiful to them. Cat love never fades.
She may find me beautiful, and I know she loves me, but if I dare approach her with coffee-breath, she turns her head. There are limits!

Oh Lord, what would the world be like without peanut butter?
Dunno. My elder Spawn puts the stuff on hot dogs. I'm not sure where I got him...I think he may be half alien... And it isn't a phase...he's FORTY now!

The world will be jam (as in traffic jam) and you can't get anywhere..........................ok, not funny............. :lol:
And that would be quite a sticky situation!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She may find me beautiful, and I know she loves me, but if I dare approach her with coffee-breath, she turns her head. There are limits!

Dunno. My elder Spawn puts the stuff on hot dogs. I'm not sure where I got him...I think he may be half alien... And it isn't a phase...he's FORTY now!

And that would be quite a sticky situation!
*Tuna is preferred over coffee by 100% of cats, so they tell me.*

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man The world? I don’t know but I would be constantly hunting for that peanutty flavor! Ummmm. I can eat it by the spoonful. Lol

tabbytom tabbytom I have to say that being jammed up is accurate!:lol: Nothing flows without peanut butter! I thought it was funny!

rubysmama rubysmama Great memory! I was on antibiotics along with the kitties. Lol We have the same antihistamine too. I think I am starting to meow in my sleep!! :catman:

M maggiedemi You are so sweet. That made me feel good! :hugs: And, on a day I needed a lift. Thank you. I just don’t want to see those beautiful birds go hungry when they really need the strength. It may be just a drop in the bucket but we never know if that drop can help. We can only try.

I will try that pasta. The gravy was gluten free. So far, so good!!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Mackie tried to steal my coffee once! Of course mine is half milk. Lol He actually got a taste once and regretted it. The face he made!!!!!!
Peanut butter and hot dogs? Interesting. I do like peanut butter on toast but not to sure about hot dogs. Lol I won’t judge though. I don’t know if I’ll try it but we’ll give the benefit of the doubt here.Could be good?!?!? :lol:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Tuna is definitely preferred. I have proof! It pays to guard your coffee! Coffee is NOT good for kitties!! He actually hasn’t tried this again.

Human swill!
1D0E953F-588C-4B28-B5F7-1F01C5F1C241.png

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a tough day today. I lost a friend/nature loving soul sister. She spent her life preserving plants and wildlife. In particular she loved the tiny species of woodpeckers that are so endangered here and she often held the little ones right in her hand. Many things live on now due to her tireless efforts. As much as I tried to keep my feelings away from the kitties, they knew. If you’ve ever wondered if your kitties share your feelings and you are familiar with the kitties at Chez catbird, you will likely see the difference in the kitty expressions. The cats were quiet and reserved today. No real noisy play and Mom didn’t have to chase anyone out of the refrigerator door or cabinet where the treats are stashed even once today. Lol It struck me that they showed great respect for the atmosphere even though I did my best to continue in a routine manner. I got lots of head butts today. Cats are amazing.

I was sitting in the cat room for our nightly play time. Lady and Dolly came to sit beside me.
F2EAED82-617F-4B2A-ABDD-C48AA9A2D81E.jpeg

Kodiak got on the other side.
1347B3D2-89FF-498E-B756-63FC3A2F7896.jpeg

I don’t think I have ever seen Kodiak sit still this long!!lol
6CA8DABF-ADE4-4E3F-B5DF-482CC3D08D40.jpeg

Mitsy didn’t high five me. She came and stood next to me.
E10FE905-4496-4F61-AA90-544C7638A58E.jpeg

All the kitties formed a circle around me. I petted kitties and then went back in the other room to answer the phone.
B2E50EE4-B80D-4820-B182-E4673282852E.jpeg

Muffin stayed with me.
9EF53AF2-F53C-4DF5-9275-6CA04068903C.jpeg

Kodiak was really tempted to sneak up on Lady but she let the opportunity go this time. Lol
36023CEA-145F-4C36-ADA5-74526E6E51E7.jpeg

I took treats to their room after the call. BJ gave me a paternal look.
6560A51A-2C59-438F-A8C3-17F311453A7A.jpeg

As I had my arm extended distributing treats he ignored the treats.......
450C334D-9AED-46BB-ACC9-E30CB9DC362E.jpeg

And he came to stand with his head placed firmly under my arm. Now that’s being supportive! Awwwwww! They speak quite clearly without words. Thank you to all my furmily!
8A939497-6D03-470E-8F6C-8C5DDEAD1DDA.jpeg

To anyone who has ever had loss, be grateful for all the days spent together seeing nature.
CF6E28A0-021F-42BB-A5C2-CC9E6143A21A.jpeg

Enjoy the beauty more closely than ever before.
C6A5B47D-D990-4FB5-826F-1E01C5E07D0B.jpeg

To those that must leave, Fly free with all you that loved. A piece of our hearts fly with you.
99ECE6D8-B7A1-4E2F-B651-1B34DA2D38D5.jpeg

Thank you for leaving a piece of your heart to fill ours. Thank you for being here.

Have a beautiful night everyone. Hug a kitty tonight. :catlove::heartshape:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
As much as I tried to keep my feelings away from the kitties, they knew. If you’ve ever wondered if your kitties share your feelings and you are familiar with the kitties at Chez catbird, you will likely see the difference in the kitty expressions. The cats were quiet and reserved today.
This is true. They know our feelings and know how to express theirs to show that they care and giving all respect to you.

So
IMG_3272.GIF
to hear of the passing of your beloved friend :alright:

Hugs from all of us
A8DA42A6-2B66-4946-A8CE-81000E606EBF$L0$001~photo.JPG

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dunno. My elder Spawn puts the stuff on hot dogs.
I could see that being tasty, if the peanut butter is melted into a sauce in the microwave. 🌭🥜

I just don’t want to see those beautiful birds go hungry when they really need the strength.
Just the fact that you somehow knew those birds were on a long flight and needed the nourishment, that is pretty special that you just instinctively knew that. :hugs:

It may be just a drop in the bucket but we never know if that drop can help. We can only try.
Exactly. If they can get enough drops/help from others, then they can continue on. ;)

Mackie tried to steal my coffee once! Of course mine is half milk.
Demi just had to find out what we carry around in our mugs every morning. He stole one sip and never tried it again! ☕

I had a tough day today. I lost a friend/nature loving soul sister.
Oh, so sorry about the loss of your friend. I'm glad Lady & the other kitties are there to cuddle/comfort you. :(

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a tough day today. I lost a friend/nature loving soul sister. She spent her life preserving plants and wildlife. In particular she loved the tiny species of woodpeckers that are so endangered here and she often held the little ones right in her hand. Many things live on now due to her tireless efforts. As much as I tried to keep my feelings away from the kitties, they knew. If you’ve ever wondered if your kitties share your feelings and you are familiar with the kitties at Chez catbird, you will likely see the difference in the kitty expressions. The cats were quiet and reserved today. No real noisy play and Mom didn’t have to chase anyone out of the refrigerator door or cabinet where the treats are stashed even once today. Lol It struck me that they showed great respect for the atmosphere even though I did my best to continue in a routine manner. I got lots of head butts today. Cats are amazing.

I was sitting in the cat room for our nightly play time. Lady and Dolly came to sit beside me.
View attachment 323863
Kodiak got on the other side.
View attachment 323864
I don’t think I have ever seen Kodiak sit still this long!!lol
View attachment 323865
Mitsy didn’t high five me. She came and stood next to me.
View attachment 323866
All the kitties formed a circle around me. I petted kitties and then went back in the other room to answer the phone.
View attachment 323867
Muffin stayed with me.
View attachment 323868
Kodiak was really tempted to sneak up on Lady but she let the opportunity go this time. Lol
View attachment 323869
I took treats to their room after the call. BJ gave me a paternal look.
View attachment 323870
As I had my arm extended distributing treats he ignored the treats.......
View attachment 323874
And he came to stand with his head placed firmly under my arm. Now that’s being supportive! Awwwwww! They speak quite clearly without words. Thank you to all my furmily!
View attachment 323875
To anyone who has ever had loss, be grateful for all the days spent together seeing nature.
View attachment 323872
Enjoy the beauty more closely than ever before.
View attachment 323873
To those that must leave, Fly free with all you that loved. A piece of our hearts fly with you.
View attachment 323871
Thank you for leaving a piece of your heart to fill ours. Thank you for being here.

Have a beautiful night everyone. Hug a kitty tonight. :catlove::heartshape:
People often look at me quizzically when I tell them, too often, of a personal loss. My response? When you care about many and have a lot of loved ones and friends, naturally you're going to have a lot of losses. But they are only temporary, and to those who have gone on, it is no time at all. We cannot see beyond the veil, but they are there, watching over us until we are reunited. And all of the hardships and sadness they have had in their lives is wiped away. It is us we mourn for, not them. And they would not want us to mourn, though it is very natural and necessary. They would want us to do as you say, and celebrate their lives and our love/caring for them by cherishing the beauty that is all around us, and sharing our love and caring with others.
My friend who passed recently loved tea. It was special for him as he didn't often have it. So we'd sit in my breakfast room after going out, drinking tea and eating cookies, and talk and listen to music. Sometimes one or another of my beloved cats would come out and visit us while we were enjoying all of that. So when I do those things, especially the tea which is now a nightly ritual, I always think of him.
My heartfelt condolences for your loss. The world can ill afford to lose any compassionate, caring person who puts that caring into action on behalf of the voiceless. May her example inspire others to carry on her legacy.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama Thank you both.

N NY cat man It’s true that we lose more as we get older. I have lost two since October. I am reminded though of the grace and joy they brought into my life. I grieve for those who are missing them but know that we all take that journey in time. It’s a part of life and since I remain behind, I try to honor their lives and their passing by continuing the things they cherished. In that, there is some comfort. I hope they smile down upon my efforts and that I can join them later.

M maggiedemi If you try the hot dog and peanut butter thing, please let us know how it tastes! I’m curious!
I can’t claim that my knowledge of the birds traveling was instinct. I’ve been watching wild creatures my whole life and asking questions or reading about them. Some things I just learned along the way and later, recognized the signs of a migrating flock. Some things with creatures is more instinctive. Some is having a passion for watching them. I can only say that I noticed. Giving them that drop of energy..... hopefully enough to get them to another meal. I always stop and watch any flock of birds. Seeing them share these great journeys is a wonderous sight. They know their is strength in numbers. I learn from things like this all the time. Nature taught me a lot as a child. I am still learning too! :)
Thank you about my friend. The kitties were sorry too. Lady and the others stayed right with me.
Demi! :lol: Sharing drinks with everyone? Lol

Furballsmom Furballsmom Thank you. The kitties were amazing. Purrs help.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 When we love big, we feel the loss big. Just that simple. We leave ourselves open to more loss if we give more of our hearts away but the return is that we get lots of love too. Although I feel the loss, her contributions to nature will be a such a huge loss. For those of us who remain, it falls to us to pick up her baton in the race to the finish line.
Your story of your freind and the yes made me think of Sarah. She didn’t care a lot about sweets except for a few things. She didn’t like ice cream! She hated colas. Lol The funny thing is that she liked root beer! Each time I taste root beer it takes me back to our days spent together in the city and on the river. She liked Hershey kisses too. I don’t eat them often but I always have a bag here. I think I’ll always have some tucked away. Just like seeing them. I’m sorry you lost your friend too. The next time I see a Hershey kiss it will now remind of Sarah, my friend, your friend and everyone here. Some losses bring us together in a very good way. :grouphug2:

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 She would especially love what you wrote. She and I grew up on the same road on the salt water. Every time we crossed paths, it happened to be by the sea. Coincidentally, we landed in the same area 40 years later and crossed paths again. This time, until she sailed away on fair winds with following seas. ⛵

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! We had torrential rain again last night and this morning! The power was blinking out. The river is well beyond her banks. The frogs are singing in chorus! Lol I passed a lake and the ducks are verrrry happy. 🦆

During the rain we all snuggled and some of us got a nice nap!
29881948-43F8-4EC9-8364-59E31D810A89.jpeg

Mom, Banjo is hogging the blanket.
40EE7A2D-1299-4022-8E63-7CC4E1BA9E53.jpeg

I heard that!
26866EEA-27F6-420B-8E8A-31DEA478E0FF.jpeg

Well, you are!
EDCEC3DD-A97C-4B6D-BBA8-AEB5E3212DF5.jpeg

Maybe we should get up kitties!
CCE55E68-2371-47AC-B98C-546F54EFD77D.jpeg

Why?
9824A873-9F50-4458-BFEE-C4E349F5EB45.jpeg

We could all look for Froggie outside!
593278A1-20FE-47EE-9B4C-839EDEFB287A.jpeg

Interested Purry?
4DFF76D3-7A0A-42E8-BAA6-EEFD23A1FB5A.jpeg

If mom will play too!
B7A93229-C8CB-45A7-9A6B-4433F363A1B2.jpeg

How about it Bonnie?
9AAA4B56-96AB-44D8-8036-30645DB37FBE.jpeg

Can they come in?
7D268874-07FF-4ED8-9B1B-218357B6E4C1.jpeg

Mom. I don’t see the Froggies.
34C56BCD-0357-4509-B8CA-3E897DE5F01D.jpeg

Do you other kitties see them?
57ACB5D3-FC3D-4B9F-AE5E-5CCB0BD7E8AE.jpeg

Ah..... Banjo! Would you say the Froggies light up your life? Come look kitties! :lol:
A15CC964-3B7C-4C1F-8FC9-26361D5BFE47.jpeg

I’m not coming Mom. Something is watching me from the blanket! If I move it will see me and I can’t tell if it has big ears!
C29DA584-C2E0-4DB6-ACB5-CB0B6ECA33ED.jpeg

Awwww! Poor Whistle. I wonder how long he has been watching the blanket?!?!? :flail: Fortunately, it’s just a kitty on the blanket. All is well. Whistle is frog hunting with the others now.

Have a great night everyone! :heartshape:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! We had torrential rain again last night and this morning! The power was blinking out. The river is well beyond her banks. The frogs are singing in chorus! Lol I passed a lake and the ducks are verrrry happy. 🦆

During the rain we all snuggled and some of us got a nice nap! View attachment 324003
Mom, Banjo is hogging the blanket.
View attachment 324004
I heard that! View attachment 324019
Well, you are!
View attachment 324005
Maybe we should get up kitties!
View attachment 324006
Why?
View attachment 324007
We could all look for Froggie outside!
View attachment 324008
Interested Purry?
View attachment 324009
If mom will play too!
View attachment 324010
How about it Bonnie?
View attachment 324011
Can they come in?
View attachment 324012
Mom. I don’t see the Froggies.
View attachment 324014
Do you other kitties see them?
View attachment 324015
Ah..... Banjo! Would you say the Froggies light up your life? Come look kitties! :lol:
View attachment 324016
I’m not coming Mom. Something is watching me from the blanket! If I move it will see me and I can’t tell if it has big ears!
View attachment 324017

Awwww! Poor Whistle. I wonder how long he has been watching the blanket?!?!? :flail: Fortunately, it’s just a kitty on the blanket. All is well. Whistle is frog hunting with the others now.

Have a great night everyone! :heartshape:
Maybe Banjo isn't "hogging" but "hugging" that blanket?! :bicolorcat: At least, it looks that way to me!
Cats' expressions speak so eloquently. Even without knowing "cattish" we can tell what they are conveying without language!
What a beautiful scene of froggies on the lamp. They must be seeking the warmth from the light.
You're so right -- we who love those who have gone on ahead can keep their memories alive here on earth by carrying on their legacies and inspiring others to do so too. My folks supplied me with lots of books, conversation and examples related to the natural world, too--I learned a lot about animals, insects, plants, rocks and even people (!) from the very beginning. Our house is still full of a lot of the books that were my teachers and friends as a small girl. And I love being out in the yard, observing the birds, squirrels, butterflies, bees and others who feel safe here. There were a lot of bees on the bird of Paradise and redbud yesterday and I always celebrate the fact that here, at least, they are thriving.

Status
Not open for further replies.