My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Yes, cat trees rock- especially when Burdock has the zoomies and leaps onto one at full speed. More than once he has toppled one into the tv, usually in the wee hours of the morning. Too bad that screwing them to the floor isn't an option.
When BJ joined us, he toppled trees too. I had to add weight to the base. If we had tall trees I think I would set the base in a concrete form for this crew! I can’t fasten anything to the floors either.
It saw a lot of action from a lot of cats including some "heavyweights" and some very active cats. I would come into the living room and find it across the living room floor a few times; and I was always very concerned!
Talking about toppling cat trees. I have my boy for slightly over four years now and he has toppled two cat trees already. He likes to do 'Parkour' and would run and jump up and rebound from the top of the recliner and up to the top level of the tree resulting in swaying the post and resulting 'timber' after several 'ding donging' at the top of the cat tree over the years. I've actually changed quite a number of the top post and changed the second tree with a broader base so that when he lands on top, the tree doesn't rock with him.

Now his recent 'collapse cat tree has replaced the older cat tree that was used for him to get up to the top of the kitchen cabinet. And I replaced his cat tree with a book shelf from IKEA.

Here he is on top of the world
2E26955D-700E-4EBD-8B31-9D188A7E2240$L0$001~photo.jpg

The collapsed cat tree :shocked: :lol:
C3ECE7CB-6982-482F-B5B7-8C9264BFD52D$L0$001~photo.jpg

On his new cat tree book shelf which is solid as a rock and also he can do a full stretch sleep non it whilst the old cat tree he can't sleep on it.
IMG_8499.jpg

His current old cat tree replaced the older one with the top level removed for him to get up the kitchen cabinet
IMG_8879.JPG

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Talking about toppling cat trees. I have my boy for slightly over four years now and he has toppled two cat trees already. He likes to do 'Parkour' and would run and jump up and rebound from the top of the recliner and up to the top level of the tree resulting in swaying the post and resulting 'timber' after several 'ding donging' at the top of the cat tree over the years. I've actually changed quite a number of the top post and changed the second tree with a broader base so that when he lands on top, the tree doesn't rock with him.

Now his recent 'collapse cat tree has replaced the older cat tree that was used for him to get up to the top of the kitchen cabinet. And I replaced his cat tree with a book shelf from IKEA.

View attachment 323218

View attachment 323215

On his new cat tree book shelf which is solid as a rock and also he can do a full stretch sleep non it whilst the old cat tree he can't sleep on it.
View attachment 323217

His current old cat tree replaced the older one with the top level removed for him to get up the kitchen cabinet
View attachment 323220
That's exactly what would happen with our floor-to-ceiling tree -- a lot of running jumps and quick scaling to the top, by cats from size "S" to "XXL" :crackup::gaah:
LOVE your IKEA cat pillows! We have one. BIG IKEA fans here.
And I'll say it again: That is one big-eyed charmer of a cat. :loveeyes:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's exactly what would happen with our floor-to-ceiling tree -- a lot of running jumps and quick scaling to the top, by cats from size "S" to "XXL" :crackup::gaah:
Our most often-toppled cat tree is only about 4 feet high, but when 17 pounds of Burdock leaps to the top at just slightly below the speed of light, something has to give- and usually does.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Yep, IKEA has some pretty nice cat pillows. And most of January's runway are from IKEA. 80% of my stuffs are for IKEA :p

The first cat tree has a smaller base and it topple every time January jump up on it at full speed and the second has a larger base which is more stable but it's the top post that always give way as it is only held on by one screw and the post is made of cardboard and that won't last with this kind of abuse.
Our most often-toppled cat tree is only about 4 feet high, but when 17 pounds of Burdock leaps to the top at just slightly below the speed of light, something has to give- and usually does.
Yea, exactly. So I finally went for a solid book shelf instead and he loves it.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, IKEA has sone pretty nice cat pillows. And most of January's runway are from IKEA. 80% of my stuffs are for IKEA :p

The first cat tree has a smaller base and it topple every time January jump up on it at full speed and the second has a larger base which is more stable but it's the top post that always give way as it is only held on by one screw and the post is made of cardboard and that won't last with this kind of abuse.

Yea, exactly. So I finally went for a solid book shelf instead and he loves it.
Most of my furniture is IKEA, too. Love it! Bookshelves are great components for the feline superhighway -- unfortunately, ours are either built-in (in the living room) or so fully of stuff that no cat could possibly find space on them (office).

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So, we hooman slaves are learning their accents too.

MMRP? Rowr.

Oh yes, I also recognize when my cats are swearing.
Hek mumbles under her breath at me, and gets HIGHLY indignant when I ask her if she plans to kiss me with that mouth!

Of dear. It just occurred to me. Banjo will probably want to install a porch light on the Froggie house!:lol: This could be an interesting chore.
Here ya go!

1582252995278.png

Miss you guys. I broke my left big toe and spent two days in a drug-fogged haze. ANYTHING but OTC does that to me. Should have gone for three days, I think...

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MMRP? Rowr.

Hek mumbles under her breath at me, and gets HIGHLY indignant when I ask her if she plans to kiss me with that mouth!

Here ya go!

View attachment 323229

Miss you guys. I broke my left big toe and spent two days in a drug-fogged haze. ANYTHING but OTC does that to me. Should have gone for three days, I think...
OUCH! I just jammed a big toe once (don't ask how, but it involved a cat) and I was limping for altogether too long, and the pain was something else.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OUCH! I just jammed a big toe once (don't ask how, but it involved a cat) and I was limping for altogether too long, and the pain was something else.
Somehow, it ALWAYS INVOLVES A CAT! I tried to avoid stepping on Hek, and bashed mine into the cast iron leg of my coffee table.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 If I had a floor to ceiling cat tree..... well, you know my luck. I’d probably be under it when it toppled, catch falling kitty stars and end up looking a bit worse for wear.:lol: We’d all be fine in the end though.

tabbytom tabbytom I quite sure I see a January smile! I do love kitty smiles more than anything. They are contagious. :) I think January likes the new set up. I love the pillows too. My old eyes on a small screen would have missed them if tarasgrl had not pointed them out to me. Definitely a precious pattern on the fabric.

N NY cat man Burdock likes to fly! :thumbsup: What goes up, must come down! Beware of falling fur! Jammed toe? Ow!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Cast Iron leg? My toe hurts just thinking about it. :bawling2:Hek! Stop chasing your Hooman! The treats will come slower if toes break!
Do get better quick! Healing vibes with heavy Clowder purrs coming! :vibes::purr:

I love the porch light. I do still have some miniature building supplies somewhere but I don’t know if I still have much electrical stuff. I think I can find something safer to use outside than what I have too. That does play into my love of building miniature scenes though.
I did notice your absence. I did reach out but missed you. Be well! :redheartpump:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had an especially long day today. It was an early start on a cold and very wet day! My shoes filled with water when I came across the yard this evening. It’s getting deeper. I had on my “water shoes” but still got swamped. I could use little boats for shoes.:lol:
That might be fun! If I had a way to be pulled to the porch I could ski! It’s not deep enough for a boat and I hope the rain lets up soon. I know others are flooded by the river.

I’m getting dry and drinking warm things. It’s been very dark all day. The kitties just want to snuggle and we all feel the weather. Time for cats piling and smiling! Sort of. Lol

Take off your coat and stay awhile mom!
87551A58-A03B-4BBA-9602-0BFE294DA39B.jpeg

Flowers is coming.
5474824D-E9E7-453A-9E45-468337432692.jpeg

Kitty kisses!
0286A885-6389-4555-A0B7-A094B3EB02E3.jpeg

Bj isn’t snuggling me!
A3A55008-9FD3-49FF-AE42-AAF4282C1D40.jpeg

Move over some BJ.
01C8AF44-B403-491E-A6CE-24CE1AB71FFC.jpeg

You’re supposed to be with your kitty wife BJ.
696296E5-24A1-4560-A5C9-F9A7E4E59909.jpeg

Flowers, can’t I just snuggle mom?
445671F3-49AA-4EB6-8788-04BE38A4C038.jpeg

No. Kisses BJ.
8BE9929A-ADD1-4939-B49B-B96CC4429861.jpeg

Tee hee! You tickle Flowers!
F03107C8-5B9C-4312-9E10-DC3D63EA0D99.jpeg

Still gonna snuggle mom though.
35DAF459-3EE6-4E66-AABC-88F5CB54B94E.jpeg

Rats!
EE828C9A-0E2A-4598-857D-C18176C7BA1B.jpeg

I can just sit here and wait to snuggle when he’s sleeping.
EAD68548-2FFF-43C2-AF79-D7CB73567FB0.jpeg

Uh oh. Now Kodiak is coming.
E1FB4D21-A131-4A21-BA7D-05451B49B437.jpeg

La te da! Gonna join the cat pile for snuggles!
683876DD-2B44-4739-9014-47CA0467E354.jpeg

Make room Flowers and BJ!
2CD49731-11FD-42F7-9038-02D3B6B935E3.jpeg

I was just making progress too!
B7043E43-3435-4FAB-8A7D-B8AE06D11012.jpeg

Now Banjo? It’s gonna get crowded BJ!
2F7E4ADC-39AB-4998-BB40-4739AF7A23DE.jpeg

Looks like it!
2469412E-FC75-4A42-B388-F45C551A4929.jpeg

Banjo joined in. Where did BJ go?
9C53AA43-268B-431B-82D9-404A26DA2CE2.jpeg

Don’t know mom but now I can stretch out.
04A1E03B-3AEF-4058-BDB7-429D01EF3459.jpeg

Here I am!
AA7E5D52-9C91-4E7A-A2CE-036756EECBC0.jpeg

I have an idea.
C93F71C8-A326-43B1-9AA8-7924F11A7E49.jpeg

Yes Mom. That’s it exactly! A little more!
B671C048-B3BA-4B26-9E56-39F1DB2307D4.jpeg

There’s no escape Mom. Pile of cats tonight.
77F1EA16-EAB0-476C-AE92-FEE91630A63A.jpeg

:flail: And a pile of kitties it is! I don’t know if BJ is smiling but I am!

Have a great, warm, dry night everyone!:heartshape:

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 323218

View attachment 323215

View attachment 323217

View attachment 323220
Hes a darling

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 If I had a floor to ceiling cat tree..... well, you know my luck. I’d probably be under it when it toppled, catch falling kitty stars and end up looking a bit worse for wear.:lol: We’d all be fine in the end though.

tabbytom tabbytom I quite sure I see a January smile! I do love kitty smiles more than anything. They are contagious. :) I think January likes the new set up. I love the pillows too. My old eyes on a small screen would have missed them if tarasgrl had not pointed them out to me. Definitely a precious pattern on the fabric.

N NY cat man Burdock likes to fly! :thumbsup: What goes up, must come down! Beware of falling fur! Jammed toe? Ow!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Cast Iron leg? My toe hurts just thinking about it. :bawling2:Hek! Stop chasing your Hooman! The treats will come slower if toes break!
Do get better quick! Healing vibes with heavy Clowder purrs coming! :vibes::purr:

I love the porch light. I do still have some miniature building supplies somewhere but I don’t know if I still have much electrical stuff. I think I can find something safer to use outside than what I have too. That does play into my love of building miniature scenes though.
I did notice your absence. I did reach out but missed you. Be well! :redheartpump:
Oh yes, he can fly. Here he is atop the tree in question, and when that much cat is moving at speed, things happen.
IMG_0187.JPG

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06
Yes , my Mittens is getting sub - q fluids. My vet taught me how to give them to him. My husband did them at first , as I was too nervous. I thought I would hurt him , but I learned. I thought I could never do it , but feel like almost an expert now. It does help that Mittens is a sweet mellow cat. He takes all his medications in stride. I asked his vet "why are we doing all this as he is not better". He told me that without all that I am doing for him that he would not have had the last five months or so and they have been good months. I should be grateful for that , but I want more.
Thanks so much for your concern.
It means a lot to me!
tabbytom tabbytom
I always love seeing pictures of your sweet January!
Such a sweet adorable kitty , love those bright eyes!
@Mammary1953
Hope you are feeling better and the toe heals quickly.
Yes , always stepping over kitties. We all do that.
CatLover49 CatLover49
Just want to say I think your Snowball is just gorgeous!
That is one truly beautiful kitty.
Jcatbird Jcatbird
Hope all is well with you and all your precious kitties.
Wanda Heart has a special place in my heart. Of course , I love all kitties and definitely all of your kitties. Each one is so unique and special.
Just have a soft spot for your Wanda Heart. So sorry about your Sarah.
I can not even imagine that pain. I just don't have the right words to say.
Yes , I love how you caption all your pictures nightly. It is something I think all of us look forward to.
On the subject of cat trees , my cats have never toppled them over. Not yet anyway. I do worry , though. I have two tall ones that I have standing side by side against a wall tightly held between two other pieces of furniture. They seem pretty solid there and my kitties jump up and down all the time.
I have some smaller ones also which they enjoy. They are all leaning against something solid which makes the trees seem more sturdy.
The things we do for our kitties , always making sure they are happy but safe. That is our job after all.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953
So sorry , I spelled your username wrong up above.
Hope you are feeling better and your toe heals quickly.
Why are kitties always under our feet? I think we all trip over our kitties.
Loving Mickey Loving Mickey I am glad to be of help. Yes, we want it all. We want ALL the time with our beloveds. How well I know, in so many, many instances. My beliefs are that we will all be reunited in due time, never again to part. It is so difficult for us to be separated from our beloved ones, though, even if to them it is only a blink of an eye and then we are together again.
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Feel better soon! As the possessor of some of the world's worst feet, I empathize bigtime about any pain to the feet.
My Elvis has the horrible habit of getting in front of me and throwing himself at my feet, rolling over and smiling. Of course it's endearing but it's also pretty risky! Because I know he does this, I'm always aware and able to stop. :gaah:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Because I know he does this, I'm always aware and able to stop.
I finally (--took a while lol) learned to look first before stepping forward, when I'm turning from hanging clothes or anything like that to try and ensure there's no cat right there. I've taken to calling him Stealth Kitty ;)!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hek is usually pretty good about not "ankle knitting," you know, where they're the yarn and your legs are the needles, but that night, she did an outstanding (or outfalling) job!

SO, Jcatbird Jcatbird , it seems we share a love of miniatures! I got hooked with a friend's 1:1 scale dollhouse. It took up half of a good-sized room, with the yard included. We even made a stream to go through the yard...lined it with crumpled then flattened aluminum foil, tossed in a few pretty little stones, and filled it up with tinted epoxy. BOY did the light sparkle off that "water!"

Looks like you had a warm night! You may have to clone yourself to get enough lap space for everyone!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom :flail:That’s a purrfect description! I live under a lovely mountain. The view is spectacular. Lol

N NY cat man
I just noticed that beautiful stripe down Butdocks tail! That’s another adorable feature. I suppose that’s the rudder during flight. ;)

Furballsmom Furballsmom Boatloads would be great! Dry would be different this year. Everything around here squishes when you walk. The kitties refuse to get squishy. Smart kitties!
Stealth kitty just Poppying up? :dancingblackcat:

Loving Mickey Loving Mickey Bravo to you for being so courageous and learning to give the fluids and to Mittens for being so sweet and cooperative. You are gaining quality time and no one can ever give you a real prediction on these things. Sarah blew all predictions by the wayside! Every time! Outlived everything by many, many years. Please keep that in mind. Love and hope can carry all living things far past our expectations no matter what anyone says. I’m always grateful for that. Thank you for kind thoughts about Sarah. She brought light into my world and it still shines for me. The only word needed is love.:redheartpump: It’s something we can all share together.
A spot for Wanda Heart?
:):winkcat: She’s going to love hearing that! I was very surprised to add a little one to the Clowder at this late date but I’m very glad she came. That is a very sweet and engaging girl. She’s made the older girls remember how to play. I did hope to find her a home of her own but perhaps she was meant to stay with the girls. She makes them laugh! (Me too.)
Around here the favorite cat tree seems to be me! This is a young Tortie on the people tree. Lol
8F7AF4B2-BE6C-41DB-842A-31EC2BFCD6FC.jpeg

CatLover49 CatLover49 Agreed about January and about Snowball! Truly beautiful!’

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 It sounds like you have learned how to play HopsCATch! Good talent to have!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Oh boy! We both enjoy building whole miniature scenes? I’ll start building here , you start there and I’ll meet you in the middle. :lol: I think a few others could come in from the other directions. I built a village that really started as a joke. Selling orchidsmeant I often heard, “ I can’t grown anything. I have a brown thumb.” Okay. I started making miniature orchid sculptures and have them out to anyone making that statement. That left to a greenhouse. I was involved in preserving orchids and doing shows for orchid societies so, I built an orchid village. The whole thing ended up being fun for me and others. Each year I added a 2’ sq. Section to the village. When it was 14’ long and took two van trips to haul it, I quit building. It had a working waterfall in the very last section. Yep! We need to start a cat village!;) A bit larger scale, of course!

Since I can’t clone myself, I need volunteer laps! Any takers? That comes with purrks! .

Status
Not open for further replies.