My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I do. But I read fairly frequently of cats reuniting with their families days, weeks, months, even years after being separated. My motto is NEVER give up on a CAT. ;)

I am feeling too sad to reply in an upbeat manner, so please bear with me.Thank you, tarasgirl, for your hopeful words and I will keep everyone here updated. I am just hoping it is the time of year when tomcats go looking for ladies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am feeling too sad to reply in an upbeat manner, so please bear with me.Thank you, tarasgirl, for your hopeful words and I will keep everyone here updated. I am just hoping it is the time of year when tomcats go looking for ladies.
Hey, any time a lady is willing, there'll be a man even more willing -- cats included ;) and believe me, I empathize bigtime. It's happened in my life, too. If I didn't see the glass as half full, I wouldn't be able to hold on here on this ball of confusion, believe me.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kieka Kieka Thst is so sunny about people seeing the two kitties and thinking you had one Very fast cat! They are really beautiful and both have darling personalities. I always love hearing about other kitties!

M maggiedemi A foghorn would just blend in around here! :lol: Maggie and Demi would love it here since Raccoons and birds come right up to look into the glass doors. I’m not sure who is looking at whom around here!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Toadally yours! That is so sweet. :redheartpump: Seesh sounds so adorable. I always love watching kitties play. An angel for sure. I am doing my best for this little snowshoe. I went to see her today. She looked calmer and certainly had a full tummy. I’m pushing to be allowed to schedule an appointment for her. The mother of the fellow who had her is making noise about reclaiming her since she originally owned her. I expressed that the kitty needs a permanent home and no more shuffling around and that I will make myself available to assist in any way. I truly hope to get her spayed and immunized even if she gets reclaimed. I’ll be there again tomorrow.

rubysmama rubysmama Leave it to Banjo to make us smile!! The snowshoe is doing well today. Please continue vibes but also some for my Mackie.

jefferd18 jefferd18 Don’t give up! I could tell you if so many kitties that seemed to vanish here but did return. See my Avatar? Her mother was young and got caught in a flood. I got her out, she took off and I thought she must have gotten pnemonia or something. A YEAR later I spotted a calico. She went under the same building the lost cat had been trapped under. She had kittens! It was my lost girl. Kelly had three babies that I called the Gingerbread kitties. My avatar is one of them, Bright. They lived inside that building and each morning Bright guarded the door. One morning the entire family vanished. I searched the yard, the buildings and the swamp. I did every trick I knew to track wild animals. My heart was low but I would not give up. I kept hoping. There were so many risks here for babies. Then the babies reappeared. No Mom though. I managed to catch the babies in a cage. Each night I continued the search for their Mom. All hours. Finally I caught movement in the failing light of the day. Nearly dark, I was not sure what I had seen but each night I went back at the exact same time. I started taking pictures of the woods and examining them. She was there! I set traps but at first she exited before they tripped. I just kept trying. I finally caught her. I reunited her with her babies. That family gave me a lot of concern but I know from experience that cats are masters at being unseen. They can be inches away and we miss them. Never give up. :redheartpump: Remember Bright.

Furballsmom Furballsmom I know! I laughed too!

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to start giving Mackie antibiotics today. I had the windows open the other day and a couple of the kitties started sneezing so I had closed them again. The pollen got me too. I noticed Mackie coughing last night. I hope, hope that it’s just the pollen. The vet tech knows my heart and offered to come by here. She has been here before I ever got Mackie and she knew Sarah. I so appreciated her kindness. When I lost my great big doggie ( the one that pulled me to the phone when I got hurt) she, a few other techs and the vet came here to my doggie funeral. They were very sweet then, when I lost Sarah and many other times over the years. It’s the greatest thing when the people who work with your fur babies are wonderful humans. I’ll be going in again this week. Thank you Sophie!!!!’:redheartpump:
Besides tending my babies today, I went to see the Sniwshoe and tonight I went to help a friend. A beautiful kitty named Harley has been struggling with fleas so I went to help the Dad administer a flea treatment. Harley is sweet and gorgeous. I am hoping the new treatment will solve the problem. Meet Harley!
This was after the treatment. Lol Hiding!
F3350728-BD2A-4A37-8AC1-5BD2A176C969.jpeg

I returned to my babies and gave treats. I got some smiles too.
This frog goes well with my eyes!
E67661A8-669A-48AA-BDE1-924F6DE9999F.jpeg

Hug him?
3843AD54-B311-40F4-83A8-273650FD30D7.jpeg

I’ll leave that to Banjo.
00AE6B4A-FBF5-48B0-842A-EB8A4BF299E9.jpeg

At least it’s not plastic but you’re still not giving us the real thing.
742DF7C1-C3D6-4549-8B59-8787526143DA.jpeg

I may be baby Bonjure but I don’t want a stuffed frog!
A2605DB0-36B1-4F80-BB46-86721864EBC1.jpeg

Oh no!
1730282A-089E-4919-9E64-994827CC7C37.jpeg

I don’t approve on my daughter loving a frog!
5AD722AB-B4D9-4DCB-8119-0AB5D2B21609.jpeg

Music?
D1C43150-9727-4E3B-9241-18B4E3A1B45E.jpeg

I kind of like a musical frog.
1FED7CD9-4634-44FE-A3E0-293362D61B66.jpeg

It is relaxing.
0B48E974-9192-4395-BC49-C6342DE4FD8F.jpeg

Okay, the frog always wins me over. Hugging Froggie!
87449081-CAE9-4FE4-9ABA-E8F5B6E27348.jpeg

The magic of a smile always wins.
Have a great night everyone. Asking for a little magic for my laughing cat Mackie too. :heartshape:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 @Mamanyt1953
The Snowshoe has a legal owner and that person allowed their father to take the kitty. I don’t know if I can get her into a better situation. Adoptions here are practically nonexistent these days and the laws in the county she came from will be tough. I have to tread carefully to keep her from a bad end either way. I may end up assisting the Dad to keep her as the best chance she has. He’s very kind and caring but vet bills will be a challenge. I’ll be taking kitten steps. First, get her healthy and nourished, spayed, immunized and then see if they will turn over ownership. If they leave her where she is now, I will be able to keep her safe. Right now we don’t have permission to even do the Spay. I’ve asked for permission but also asked the Dad , who has possession, if he will proceed anyway. He says he will but that remains to be seen. I hope she isn’t already pregnant. She looks old enough to be. I’ll be trying to arrange a Spay appointment ASAP. She’s absolutely a sweetie. Good vibes needed!!!!!
:grouphug2::grouphug::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::crossfingers:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Please continue vibes but also some for my Mackie.
More vibes for the snowshoe. :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:
And for Mackie. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Have a great night everyone. Asking for a little magic for my laughing cat Mackie too. :heartshape:
Hopefully it's just the pollen that's causing Mackie's coughing. :crossfingers:

1580301972450.png

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It just occurred to me - what if I never see him again? I don't know if I can handle that.
Demi escaped once for 2 days. The little stinkpot found a kitty friend & pretended he didn't even know me. :vancat:

A beautiful kitty named Harley has been struggling with fleas so I went to help the Dad administer a flea treatment.
So glad you could help him. He's gorgeous. 😍

This frog goes well with my eyes!
Awww, that's a sweet pic of Lady & Froggie. 💖

I don’t approve on my daughter loving a frog!
Hee Hee. :lol:

Asking for a little magic for my laughing cat Mackie too.
Get better soon Mack! :hugs: ✨

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Thank you for the vibes and hugs!

rubysmama rubysmama I love the heart with Mackie in the middle. He has long been in the center of my heart. He’s on two meds now. I bought him all the yummy foods I could find too. He’s got a terrible cough. It’s not constant though. I have an appointment for BJ coming up but if the vet thinks Mackie needs to go in, we’ll give him the spot. One cat is still sneezing too. To be safe, we started Purry on antibiotics too. Still hoping it’s pollen. I’m feeling it myself.

M maggiedemi Lady looked pretty with the frog. Thank you for the vet well wish for Mack.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, he wasn't there last night either, as I have said we're going right down to the wire. He will leave as long as seven nights but it is usually during the summer months. The thing with Tom cats are the fights.

He's a tough old trooper so hopefully he is okay.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
jefferd18 jefferd18 I just wanted to say, thinking of you today. Pur posts crossed. I was typing when yours came in. There is every chance he met a girl. I understand from others here that mating season is already in. If he met a girl, he’ll probably stick around her to guard her. Some toms stay around a long time. My Blue stuck around through the birth of the babies and is STILL with Mom and children. He had previously been with other girls but Goldie won his heart so he stayed. Never give up or lose hope. Cats do amazing things. Bj guarded an entire colony and it often took him out of sight for long periods of time if a particular member needed him.

Our smile tonight comes from a , braver than usual, Whistle! Lol We all know Whistle is timid around other creatures. Big ears always scare him. What will he think of a big Froggie? He likes little Froggie.

What’s this?
90611AE5-839C-4583-88ED-69629D75343F.jpeg

Are those big eyes or big ears?
847C08F7-25E0-43B1-B492-661191254CAA.jpeg

I don’t know You creature!
358D7316-DA37-46CC-9D73-22590851DE1E.jpeg

Time to leave!
8A72C83A-8913-4209-9659-53C5185A50FE.jpeg

Huh. Sounds friendly......maybe if I don’t look directly at it....
469B5F84-D8C5-4C29-B6DF-680C1D8433B0.jpeg

(I think Whistle likes the music!)

I guess we could sit together in the window. You’re a window frog huh? You’re a big one!
88FC885D-A515-47D1-B8F2-D445230D825F.jpeg

I’m going to be off early tonight. I’m giving vitamin boosts to all the kitties and medicating a couple so I’ll be offering lots of extra snuggles. Have a great night everyone! :heartshape:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have an appointment for BJ coming up but if the vet thinks Mackie needs to go in, we’ll give him the spot. One cat is still sneezing too. To be safe, we started Purry on antibiotics too. Still hoping it’s pollen. I’m feeling it myself.
Sending more vibes for Mackie. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:
And some for Purry. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:
And hugs and love for BJ and everyone else. :redheartpump::hearthrob::bicolorcat::bigeyes::whiskers::catlove::tabbycat::kitty::dancingblackcat::coolcat::lovecat::lovecat3: :hearthrob::redheartpump:

I’m going to be off early tonight. I’m giving vitamin boosts to all the kitties and medicating a couple so I’ll be offering lots of extra snuggles. Have a great night everyone! :heartshape:
Good night. Sweet dreams everyone. :sleep2::sleep::sleep2::sleep::sleep2::sleep:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
jefferd18 jefferd18 I just wanted to say, thinking of you today. Pur posts crossed. I was typing when yours came in. There is every chance he met a girl. I understand from others here that mating season is already in. If he met a girl, he’ll probably stick around her to guard her. Some toms stay around a long time. My Blue stuck around through the birth of the babies and is STILL with Mom and children. He had previously been with other girls but Goldie won his heart so he stayed. Never give up or lose hope. Cats do amazing things. Bj guarded an entire colony and it often took him out of sight for long periods of time if a particular member needed him.

Our smile tonight comes from a , braver than usual, Whistle! Lol We all know Whistle is timid around other creatures. Big ears always scare him. What will he think of a big Froggie? He likes little Froggie.

What’s this?
View attachment 320016
Are those big eyes or big ears?
View attachment 320017
I don’t know You creature!
View attachment 320019
Time to leave!
View attachment 320020
Huh. Sounds friendly......maybe if I don’t look directly at it....
View attachment 320021
(I think Whistle likes the music!)

I guess we could sit together in the window. You’re a window frog huh? You’re a big one!
View attachment 320023

Whistle is VERY handsome!!! and yes, *PRAYERS* and best wishes for wellness for Mackie and for all!
The "toadally yours" is because my dad had a "thing" about frogs. Instead of cursing, he'd sometimes say, "Oh, FROG!" so we'd always kid him about it and give him stuff with frog themes. *I just checked and I kept him out after all! Here he is!*
IMG_1625.JPG

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry 💔! I'm going to continue to pray...I wish I had something that could help. 🤗🤗🤗

You have been a friend who has supported me- that is more help than anyone could ask for.

He has never gone past the seven day marker and it is hard for me to understand why he would do so now. After losing Jeff, (my best friend), it is difficult for me to be optimistic. When Jeff didn't come home on March 29th, my friends and family would tell me: "Oh, she has done this before, she has blown you off before.", all of which is true, but something didn't feel right that night- it was too long, too cold,and she was old. I had bad feelings about her disappearance that whole night and onto Saturday. On Sunday morning I found Jeff, lying peacefully on the floor of my shed.

I don't get these same vibes with O'Malley, but I also don't know him that well either.

Last edited:

Allyocean

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You have been a friend who has supported me- that is more help than anyone could ask for.

He has never gone past the seven day marker and it is hard for me to understand why he would do so now. After losing Jeff, (my best friend), it is difficult for me to be optimistic. When Jeff didn't come home on March 29th, my friends and family would tell me: "Oh, she has done this before, she has blown you off before." all of which is true, but something didn't feel right that night- it was too long, too cold,and she was old. I had bad feelings about her disappearance that whole night and onto Saturday. On Sunday morning, I found Jeff lying peacefully on the floor of my shed.

I don't get these same vibes with O'Malley, but I also don't know him that well either.
I know this feeling. The not knowing is excruciating. I'm here. If you need to talk I can give you my #.

Status
Not open for further replies.