My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi They we’re both on my leg! Lol Balanced. I guess bum snuggles are just my way of saying they were laying butt to butt. :lol: It looked kind of funny.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Banjo thanks you. She really misses Froggie. I know he’s out there and safe so a warm day should do the trick. I always feel bad for her when she sits and waits for him.

jefferd18 jefferd18 I would try working WITH the store if at all possible. You’re doing the community a service so if that is understood, they should appreciate what you do. If they care about animals, they should adore you! You certainly have the support of all rescuers as you go through doing TNR for those kitties as well as feeding. I hope Tom shows up today.

Furballsmom Furballsmom Thank you for adding support here. It’s much needed.

I’ve got a couple of extra pictures. I wasn’t expecting this today! I am giving support to a rescue. The person who showed up with the kitty took it from a family member who cannot give it proper care but does care about it. They were in favor of their elderly Dad taking her. I’d like to see her adopted out but I don’t know how this will go. I am pushing for spaying/vetting and will work to assist. I took food over for her. She’s beautiful and , although a little nervous, allowed me to hold her and look her over. She’s thin but looks fairly healthy. No name yet but it seems she may get named Samantha. She had my heart immediately. Of course. I’ll be fighting to get her what she needs. Fingers crossed everyone! I’ll be trying to find out about the possibility of other kitties there too. I am told the people have trouble feeding their new baby so I’m sure the kitty was last on the list. Sad all the way around. I will work through the Dad to give aid wherever possible. The kitty was getting love though. She gave me kisses as I held her.
View attachment 319765View attachment 319766View attachment 319767
Awww, a little Snowshoe! She should be adopted quickly once she is adoptable weight and health. All the BEST for her, and much gratitude to you and to everyone contributing in any way to her care and safety!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The woman in the (front) house didn't like us and so she'd cut the hot water off on us.
Not nice. Here, that could get her arrested...come to think of it, here, that could get her shot.
Kodiak is still trying.
Oh, Kodiak, honey-love, if you can see them, they can see you! Tell mama to get Rubber Maid, next time!

I'm finally forgiven, but it took a FULL 24 hours!

What a lovely little snowshoe kitty! I'm sure she'll have no problems finding a home!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not nice. Here, that could get her arrested...come to think of it, here, that could get her shot.

Oh, Kodiak, honey-love, if you can see them, they can see you! Tell mama to get Rubber Maid, next time!

I'm finally forgiven, but it took a FULL 24 hours!

What a lovely little snowshoe kitty! I'm sure she'll have no problems finding a home!
Yeah. This was in a (somewhat, at least) kinder, gentler time, or a more tolerant time. She sure did inconvenience us! And she let her nasty dog eliminate all over the back yard and there it stayed. Awful! She didn't like us bagging our used cat litter and putting it in the trash. Very hostile and unclean person!
Yeah, Rubbermaid is the way to go. Top quality, too!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953
The Snowshoe has a legal owner and that person allowed their father to take the kitty. I don’t know if I can get her into a better situation. Adoptions here are practically nonexistent these days and the laws in the county she came from will be tough. I have to tread carefully to keep her from a bad end either way. I may end up assisting the Dad to keep her as the best chance she has. He’s very kind and caring but vet bills will be a challenge. I’ll be taking kitten steps. First, get her healthy and nourished, spayed, immunized and then see if they will turn over ownership. If they leave her where she is now, I will be able to keep her safe. Right now we don’t have permission to even do the Spay. I’ve asked for permission but also asked the Dad , who has possession, if he will proceed anyway. He says he will but that remains to be seen. I hope she isn’t already pregnant. She looks old enough to be. I’ll be trying to arrange a Spay appointment ASAP. She’s absolutely a sweetie. Good vibes needed!!!!!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well everyone, Kodiak finally figured out that she was visible. :flail:I actually chose a clear container so I could see the contents I am storing away. All the containers in the cat room are solid so maybe that’s what threw Kodiak. Something new to learn kitties! I know I shouldn’t laugh at her confusion but Kodiak was so adorable as she tried to work this out, she had me hiding my smiles behind my hand. I finally put a towel in the container and that seemed to be the turning point for Kodiak. Oh..... I’m not invisible! No Cloak of invisibility!

More of Banjo watching for Froggie!
26404EC1-729E-44F8-8187-74B0F008B536.jpeg

Look down Banjo.
0FFFE4E3-1BF5-4CEC-8E15-343E89643EE6.jpeg

Hey! What’s that?
1504ABC9-FD1D-4269-BA88-918F5164FA6F.jpeg

Well hello....
957FF324-DDF9-4641-9990-DCEF38AAAC5D.jpeg

Mom look!
19E0D6F9-636D-487A-8903-2B9CB774A2A7.jpeg

He says to hug him.
0192B73D-5DCC-498D-BA51-02ADC63397F5.jpeg

Yeah. Like that.
0EF70252-1DF0-4C41-B3D1-49B09AF29A88.jpeg

Froggie!!!!!
8CADF283-8777-4FBF-895A-82F44F26EB16.jpeg

Kiss, kiss Froggie.
5769A48B-E03D-477E-9B3E-B869AD0090DA.jpeg

I love you Froggie!!!!
A6B9AC7C-FA21-4E26-BA80-2790B5F7CF2E.jpeg

Talk to me.
61A58865-53FC-4E60-B7D3-B60AD873B0C7.jpeg

You’re singing! (This frog has music inside. He really does sing. Lol) “Jump, for my love!”
E6C62320-1CEE-40E6-8802-7A2FEA179FF4.jpeg

“Jump if you want to feel my kisses every night....”
AD283528-C295-442D-9AD5-8C90F1E4EA7D.jpeg

Yes Froggie! I want your kisses every night.
34E0012E-CFE1-40EC-8530-26441219EEE5.jpeg

I’ll give you kisses every night too!
9D3923A9-B9D6-40B2-B85B-2D6E83D98C85.jpeg

It’s a good night Mom!
9708D6FC-9718-4B61-8FC9-41D9F3CF23E4.jpeg

You can go now though.
657C4835-3515-457A-95B0-62BCC4DF4687.jpeg

We want to be alone.
663F5F26-1ACE-403A-AAA2-9D9CE592E869.jpeg

Come here Froggie! Let’s snuggle. Lolololol I’m gonna hug you all night!
0F91B840-EEC9-4226-BC3A-7CEC4C9CACC5.jpeg

We’ll see if Banjo learns how to make this Froggie sing. :lol: I bet she learns to push the button! Even if she doesn’t, she’s very happy! That makes me very happy.
Have a great night everyone! I hope you smiled too. :heartshape:🐸:bicolorcat:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Kieka Kieka Link is gorgeous! I’m hoping I can help to get that young one looking so healthy! I have always thought Snowshoes are stunning. This little girl is a talker. Is Link vocal too? I always enjoy conversations with kitties! :)
Link is always talking. He is a very loud kitty in all things; he even snores and you can hear him eating from two rooms away.

My girl on the other hand is super quiet unless she is upset.
20200122_183653.jpg

But her body shape is completely different from Link. He is more like the girl you posted while Rocket is short and squat.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kieka Kieka So Rocket is more lady like! :) I do love noisy boys.:lol: They are so beautiful. I love the coats and the gorgeous eyes. I have a couple of talkers too. They have some Maine Coon and they often comment on whatever i’mdoing. I have a tabby that talks too. He loves to have a conversation. I call him my laughing cat. He always looks so happy. I had to laugh when you said you can hear Link eating two rooms away.:lol: It must be yummy! Are Link and Rocket siblings?

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Kieka Kieka So Rocket is more lady like! :) I do love noisy boys.:lol: They are so beautiful. I love the coats and the gorgeous eyes. I have a couple of talkers too. They have some Maine Coon and they often comment on whatever i’mdoing. I have a tabby that talks too. He loves to have a conversation. I call him my laughing cat. He always looks so happy. I had to laugh when you said you can hear Link eating two rooms away.:lol: It must be yummy! Are Link and Rocket siblings?
Not siblings, but I get that a lot. I've also had people who think my cat can run really fast when when they see one and then the other across the yard. They were born hundreds of miles and a year apart. Rocket was dumped on my front porch by someone who thought Link was her dad (he has been neutered since he was 8 weeks old). Rocket has very soft fine fur while Link has rough and stiff fur. Rocket is my short little one while Link bumps his head walking under chairs.

Link is a character. He is seriously loud at everything, even grooming can be heard from the other room.
20200103_193943.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird I have a similar froggie (or toad) that I bought to take to my dad when he was in assisted living, to cheer him up. It says "Toadally Yours!" on the heart. He's packed away now.
Our beloved angel Seesh was a very quiet little snowshoe princess. She was stealthy, too, about chewing small holes in the big bags of dry food we used to get. And she'd start playing with toys all by herself, tossing them up into the air like prey, very quietly. She was a soft-furred little charmer! :hearthrob:
I hope and pray you are able to see to it that the little snowshoe girl gets spayed and also, her baseline innoculations and checkups as needed. May she be safe, comfortable, well cared for and loved always!
Adoptions are slow all over, it seems, right after the winter holidays/new year. A lot of people are trying to regroup and get ready for all the insurance and tax bills they have to pay, I guess.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi They we’re both on my leg! Lol Balanced. I guess bum snuggles are just my way of saying they were laying butt to butt. :lol: It looked kind of funny.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Banjo thanks you. She really misses Froggie. I know he’s out there and safe so a warm day should do the trick. I always feel bad for her when she sits and waits for him.

jefferd18 jefferd18 I would try working WITH the store if at all possible. You’re doing the community a service so if that is understood, they should appreciate what you do. If they care about animals, they should adore you! You certainly have the support of all rescuers as you go through doing TNR for those kitties as well as feeding. I hope Tom shows up today.

Furballsmom Furballsmom Thank you for adding support here. It’s much needed.

I’ve got a couple of extra pictures. I wasn’t expecting this today! I am giving support to a rescue. The person who showed up with the kitty took it from a family member who cannot give it proper care but does care about it. They were in favor of their elderly Dad taking her. I’d like to see her adopted out but I don’t know how this will go. I am pushing for spaying/vetting and will work to assist. I took food over for her. She’s beautiful and , although a little nervous, allowed me to hold her and look her over. She’s thin but looks fairly healthy. No name yet but it seems she may get named Samantha. She had my heart immediately. Of course. I’ll be fighting to get her what she needs. Fingers crossed everyone! I’ll be trying to find out about the possibility of other kitties there too. I am told the people have trouble feeding their new baby so I’m sure the kitty was last on the list. Sad all the way around. I will work through the Dad to give aid wherever possible. The kitty was getting love though. She gave me kisses as I held her.
View attachment 319765View attachment 319766View attachment 319767

What a beautiful Siamese!

No, I have not seen him yet. :(

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, personally, I'd keep hope and never give up, jefferd18 jefferd18 . Because there's a 50/50 chance, and I'd always go with the positive 50. ;)

Thank you, tarasgirl, I wish I was an optimistic person. The longest he has ever gone is six days so we are pressing ti. You never realize how big the world really is ,until you go looking for a little cat.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, tarasgirl, I wish I was an optimistic person. The longest he has ever gone is six days so we are pressing ti. You never realize how big the world really is ,until you go looking for a little cat.
Yes, I do. But I read fairly frequently of cats reuniting with their families days, weeks, months, even years after being separated. My motto is NEVER give up on a CAT. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.