My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I first adopted Ruby she was extremely food obsessed, I think from being a stray for a bit. Anyway, she would wake me early every morning, and wouldn't go away till I fed her. Finally I got sleep deprived and started putting her out of the room when she woke me too early, and telling her she had to wait for the radio to come on. After a few weeks (can't remember how many) one morning, I didn't have to put her out of the room, as she didn't come in until the radio came on. And, except for the odd occasion, it's been that way ever since. :catlove:
We tried shutting the bedroom door to keep the cats out at night. You should see the claw marks in the wood.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Y'all...Hekitty scared five years off of my life this morning! Alarm went off, shut it down, and reached over to stroke my girl, just like always...she didn't budge. Shook her gently...STILL didn't budge! At that point, I quit breathing, grabber her utterly limp body and SHOOK her. One eye slowly opened, she squirmed out of my arms, and sat down for a thorough wash, with frequent breaks to give me a "What was THAT???" look! I'm not deeply in the doghouse for waking a profoundly sleeping cat, but...for a horrible few seconds, I thought my girl was gone! She NEVER sleeps that hard...or not that I've seen before!
:shocked::thud::runaround::gaah::bliss::dancingblackcat:Got a few more gray hairs on that one!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol Our kitties rule!
Furballsmom Furballsmom My kitties are usually ladies and gentlemen but they have their moments. After all, they wait patiently all night!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Maybe your kitties need to talk to mine! Lol No hair pulling, just purrs. Lol

Albus&minnie Albus&minnie Give the babies purrs from us!

N NY cat man Miss Eleanor? Lol She is just probably just helping you to wake up. I find it works very well.

rubysmama rubysmama Ruby is so smart. She has learned to dine with music. Very classy.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Jeepers! They can really scare us! I’m glad you weren’t scolded. I imagine that being grabbed up was a surprise but Hek just enjoyed the extra special hugging. Tell her next time, please snore!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Glad your day passed quickly! I laughed at the calendar picture too! That so cute. It reminds me of one of the cloud babies, Stratus. He had the same kind of energy and even a similar coat. Those three were always bouncing. Happy kitties!

N NY cat man I meant to say, I know about wood trim. x 100 Lol

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Strange day here. I need that reverse of Murphy’s law enacted. Lol My hot water heater is just “kind of” working. A light fixture decided to have the starter or ballast quit and when I put a floor lamp in the room the base fell apart. :lol: I did spend a good part of the day getting cat boxes scrubbed and floors cleaned though! That went very well! I also went out to get some parts for repairs. When I returned the cats were in the cat room and growling. Of course I dashed to see what the fuss was about.

Lady was looking out the window from the farthest corner of the room.
B9CEC175-CE50-4D59-9E18-71D42E44056B.jpeg

Whistle was hiding behind the middle of the window and sticking close to big Bonjure. Bonjure seemed very interested in the view and was flipping his tail. First to the left, Then to the right. Surely it wasn’t the little Wren that caused the fuss?!?!
EFDB6A22-8B33-4985-96AB-8C20A4A816D3.jpeg

Kodiak had her ears back. Not the Wren from bird watching the other day.
AC5A67A0-B559-4625-A273-BFC5C92B3B32.jpeg

When I looked out I did see five silhouettes in the right of the tree top.
80484ADB-C999-4BF0-9F2F-8C8415EB070A.jpeg

Bird watching it is!
48D3A64B-10CA-49E9-8022-48EDC1611E19.jpeg

Apparently the Vulture family has grown! Lol
These giants had a piece of paper that must have had food in it at some point. They were enjoying leftovers in the yard. I guess the smaller cats were a little intimidated. Bonjure went on to enjoy his new hobby but the others have requested that he not invite these birds inside. Me too. :lol:
B79759B0-D808-4F4D-BDD3-90779C829354.jpeg

It was a long day filled with chores and tomorrow will be a continuation. Hoping nothing else breaks! We have people coming over so I want to get everything accomplished. I’m trying to get some help replacing the parts on the hot water heater. At least I have some hot water right now though.
I’m afraid that Banjo did so many chores that she is really tired tonight. She had lots to tell me about the birds too.
8E3F779A-138C-4260-953D-8D98B87E7E4C.jpeg

Poor girl. Being in charge around here is tough work. Sleepy eyes and.....
829B80BC-2CA8-4CB7-93C2-0F620422E293.jpeg

She fell asleep in mid conversation!
103E2918-47B3-4858-B72B-68A8A6225D4C.jpeg

:flail:I’m going to put Banjo to bed now.
Have a great night everyone!:heartshape:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh, sweetie!!

:vibes::purr:
I know! It’s tough having to be an active kitty. Especially if Mom has to leave the house more than usual! It’s nice when Mom comes back and holds you. Lol I have three in my lap now. Muffin is still a little growly after the birds. A guard Muffin!

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Strange day here. I need that reverse of Murphy’s law enacted. Lol My hot water heater is just “kind of” working. A light fixture decided to have the starter or ballast quit and when I put a floor lamp in the room the base fell apart. :lol: I did spend a good part of the day getting cat boxes scrubbed and floors cleaned though! That went very well! I also went out to get some parts for repairs. When I returned the cats were in the cat room and growling. Of course I dashed to see what the fuss was about.

Lady was looking out the window from the farthest corner of the room.View attachment 319459
Whistle was hiding behind the middle of the window and sticking close to big Bonjure. Bonjure seemed very interested in the view and was flipping his tail. First to the left, Then to the right. Surely it wasn’t the little Wren that caused the fuss?!?!
View attachment 319460
Kodiak had her ears back. Not the Wren from bird watching the other day.
View attachment 319461
When I looked out I did see five silhouettes in the right of the tree top.
View attachment 319462
Bird watching it is!
View attachment 319463
Apparently the Vulture family has grown! Lol
These giants had a piece of paper that must have had food in it at some point. They were enjoying leftovers in the yard. I guess the smaller cats were a little intimidated. Bonjure went on to enjoy his new hobby but the others have requested that he not invite these birds inside. Me too. :lol:
View attachment 319464
It was a long day filled with chores and tomorrow will be a continuation. Hoping nothing else breaks! We have people coming over so I want to get everything accomplished. I’m trying to get some help replacing the parts on the hot water heater. At least I have some hot water right now though.
I’m afraid that Banjo did so many chores that she is really tired tonight. She had lots to tell me about the birds too.
View attachment 319466
Poor girl. Being in charge around here is tough work. Sleepy eyes and.....
View attachment 319467
She fell asleep in mid conversation!
View attachment 319468

:flail:I’m going to put Banjo to bed now.
Have a great night everyone!:heartshape:
Adorable , banjo!
:hearthrob::redheartpump::kitty::purr::bigeyes::bicolorcat:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Jcatbird Jcatbird , we must be having similar vibes or something -- last weekend I was determined to clean the hard-surface floors. Cleared all the stuff off them, swept them, made a bucket of hot soapy water and got my mop out.
It BROKE. Water had seeped into the plastic surround that holds the pole, which is metal, and the metal had rusted and finally snapped.
So I got out another mop.
Its foam rubber was disintegrated.
Got out the last one. Ditto.
So I had to use a car squeegee to clean the floors. :sigh: It worked, but bending over for all the time it took was awkward and not all that comfortable.
Your water heater story reminds me of when I first left my folks' house and was living with a boyfriend in a converted garage. The woman in the (front) house didn't like us and so she'd cut the hot water off on us. I had to boil water on the stove to have enough to mix with cold to bathe in. The water heater was in a screen porch off the back of her house, so when she'd go out, my BF would get in there and turn it on again. It was a constant war.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Albus&minnie Albus&minnie Banjo says ,”Thank you!” She was all snuggly when I settled her for bed. Lol

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 That Lady was not nice! That must have been miserable. You definitely had one of ,”those days” with the mops. Those metal handles always disintegrate after time. Built like everything these days, to be replaced. As often as I mop, metal goes quickly. Lol

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my help didn’t show up. I haven’t heard from them. Maybe I will hear tomorrow. Nothing else broke today though!!:woo::banana1::lol:

Muffin is over the growlers today.
269829F0-5FCE-4B6B-B193-FC19B34AE130.jpeg

In fact, she snuggled cheek to cheek with Lady! Yes, those cheeks! :lol: Bum snuggles.
CBB1EF68-D8C4-4B3D-9915-6ADA9CB72A83.jpeg

The sun was out today but it was still chilly. Banjos have been expecting Froggie. She searched the frog house but, no Froggie today. Sorry Banjo! Maybe it will be warmer next week.
A51B4527-E398-454D-8632-2E21C6424487.jpeg

I had gotten a storage bin for some curtains I want to store but I thought I would give Banjo a distraction. She would not leave the door but Kodiak liked it.
729C60B8-FE44-4D0E-A15D-058F8BFADD87.jpeg

She jumped out to surprise Muffin.....
EA71DA50-77D0-464D-B22E-3B3B4251F790.jpeg

She tried to surprise Dolly and some of the others too.
997967F4-AA9A-47C3-9813-C3116866BDD3.jpeg

She just wasn’t getting the reaction she was hoping for.
7D00DA72-C4FE-4762-920E-A9050177F8D0.jpeg

Why can’t I scare anybody?
1E001D20-23CF-4A01-8819-FE1E45A4218F.jpeg

This is very unusual.
B68B83FB-56A2-4108-890D-DD7FAFF70A01.jpeg

It almost seems like they know I’m here!
079F5A9D-6F02-44F4-8981-B260E06ED72A.jpeg

Kodiak is still trying. Lol Banjo has curled up to sleep beside the door. Maybe she’ll catch a glimpse of Froggie tonight. At least in her dreams.
Whistle has settled next to Mom since Lady has moved to my lap. Sweet dreams kitties!
03D48A28-8EDC-43EB-8621-A7FA12878726.jpeg

Have a great night everyone! :heartshape:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my help didn’t show up. I haven’t heard from them. Maybe I will hear tomorrow. Nothing else broke today though!!:woo::banana1::lol:

Muffin is over the growlers today.
View attachment 319642
In fact, she snuggled cheek to cheek with Lady! Yes, those cheeks! :lol: Bum snuggles.
View attachment 319643
The sun was out today but it was still chilly. Banjos have been expecting Froggie. She searched the frog house but, no Froggie today. Sorry Banjo! Maybe it will be warmer next week.
View attachment 319644
I had gotten a storage bin for some curtains I want to store but I thought I would give Banjo a distraction. She would not leave the door but Kodiak liked it.
View attachment 319645
She jumped out to surprise Muffin.....
View attachment 319646
She tried to surprise Dolly and some of the others too.
View attachment 319647
She just wasn’t getting the reaction she was hoping for.
View attachment 319648
Why can’t I scare anybody?
View attachment 319649
This is very unusual.
View attachment 319650
It almost seems like they know I’m here!
View attachment 319651
Kodiak is still trying. Lol Banjo has curled up to sleep beside the door. Maybe she’ll catch a glimpse of Froggie tonight. At least in her dreams.
Whistle has settled next to Mom since Lady has moved to my lap. Sweet dreams kitties!
View attachment 319652
Have a great night everyone! :heartshape:
SO sweet! Hoping Froggie Prince makes an appearance soon so Banjo will be happy. :hearthrob:

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't seen my old tom cat in three days. :( I hope he is just out and about meeting young ladies.

I have a trap from animal rescue, however, the person only wants it used on private property, not commercial. My vet recommended having somebody from Hoods call animal rescue to assure him that it is okay to use the trap on their property.

What do you think?

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe do try this, (although be prepared just in case he remains reluctant).

I will- what have I got to lose? :) The animal control person before him had no problem with anyone using his traps on private or commercial property. I was almost tempted to do it anyway, but knowing my luck, I would get caught. :)

I have got to get that TOM! :)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi They we’re both on my leg! Lol Balanced. I guess bum snuggles are just my way of saying they were laying butt to butt. :lol: It looked kind of funny.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Banjo thanks you. She really misses Froggie. I know he’s out there and safe so a warm day should do the trick. I always feel bad for her when she sits and waits for him.

jefferd18 jefferd18 I would try working WITH the store if at all possible. You’re doing the community a service so if that is understood, they should appreciate what you do. If they care about animals, they should adore you! You certainly have the support of all rescuers as you go through doing TNR for those kitties as well as feeding. I hope Tom shows up today.

Furballsmom Furballsmom Thank you for adding support here. It’s much needed.

I’ve got a couple of extra pictures. I wasn’t expecting this today! I am giving support to a rescue. The person who showed up with the kitty took it from a family member who cannot give it proper care but does care about it. They were in favor of their elderly Dad taking her. I’d like to see her adopted out but I don’t know how this will go. I am pushing for spaying/vetting and will work to assist. I took food over for her. She’s beautiful and , although a little nervous, allowed me to hold her and look her over. She’s thin but looks fairly healthy. No name yet but it seems she may get named Samantha. She had my heart immediately. Of course. I’ll be fighting to get her what she needs. Fingers crossed everyone! I’ll be trying to find out about the possibility of other kitties there too. I am told the people have trouble feeding their new baby so I’m sure the kitty was last on the list. Sad all the way around. I will work through the Dad to give aid wherever possible. The kitty was getting love though. She gave me kisses as I held her.
3D84A8AF-D0C2-4DDE-939D-C224CA9CE49A.jpeg
5ACE360D-CC58-40EF-B4FC-51E2FCD9F9C1.jpeg
0051D94F-433C-4E22-8E84-549131FA2569.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.