My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well everyone, I’m really tired tonight but I love to end each day with a smile. I have been reminded of all the things I should be grateful for each day. The past few days especially. I’ve talked with a lot of people lately. Some trying to get through tough struggles. I spent a bit of time in Sarah’s garden and that always brings back the thought that, no matter what we face, persistence and hope will get us through. I hope you smile too.

Gray rainy days....
345C40F3-ACC4-457E-AA22-28A4C15338BA.jpeg

Nourish our world.
E79B5ADD-660C-4C42-B761-1A3621491CF7.jpeg

A garden is never really empty.
5B3EB1C5-0AF7-4E69-A43B-1E110B132BCF.jpeg

Flowers, like smiles, return.
D7F4C6A6-7602-46EF-BD4C-C3C74643407C.jpeg

Sometimes, out of season.
8A83959C-6FBA-4971-82F6-0791FF14ED09.jpeg

Even stone can be warmed if the light reaches it.
7BD6C652-3DFB-4AB4-8F2E-A60EADA90D31.jpeg

Little pleasures can be the greatest ones and bring music to our gardens.
B1BD5F8F-4A97-4FED-8C8A-6CD6A38F6EE6.jpeg

I wish everyone could be surrounded with the love of a kitty,
26CBEEA5-1A24-49FD-BC70-EAA5D2E387D5.jpeg

Feel the comfort of fur and purrs on their shoulder,
8DD96B86-FF9F-4A83-AFA2-704660EE1A1F.jpeg

Warmed on a cold morning,
8D89720E-9F43-4CDB-8B7C-AF0A9B4144DB.jpeg

Share the dawn with a loyal friend,
FFDEE161-1A51-4D75-AF92-35310BF3F3DB.jpeg

Be guarded as they wake,
5BD175CE-D149-4EE7-9364-94E55B7479F0.jpeg

loved ,
AD99A5D9-38A5-4AEE-8563-75EF670DA500.jpeg

Know that there is someone watching for them,
13E766CE-8B10-427B-AE05-BBC363E3AB72.jpeg

And hoping for smiles all around.
43B88F91-75F2-4EEE-9798-B6C5AE3A16CC.jpeg

Happy tails should be on every kitty.
9E89B04F-4256-448F-8FEE-C9664F26505A.jpeg

It easy enough. Just provide one little cardboard box....
D987B1E0-F7BE-448D-ADD7-A5A1377809A8.jpeg

And like magic.....
520C9F4E-53AA-4F36-8F74-69316AA29A88.jpeg

Kitties appear like little flowers. One after the other! :lol:
AF09DD91-8B06-47B6-A41F-D02C38FFB566.jpeg

Mom? Do they know I was named after the Brown Thrasher Bird? I played beside them when I was a feral baby. They taught me to hunt bugs under the leaves. Lots of birds kept me company. Tell them about the special bird that talked to me when my Mom was gone.
59FD3887-7559-4BE8-A79A-40016797D28D.jpeg

Okay Thrasher.
We have a special bird here. These kitties always come running when I play this. Kitties are especially good at coexisting with other creatures and giving out boquets of love. Even the birds understand. :kitty: How do I know? A little birdie told me. Listen.
From Chez Catbird, the Clowder and I send songs and smiles tonight. :heartshape:

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well everyone, I’m really tired tonight but I love to end each day with a smile. I have been reminded of all the things I should be grateful for each day. The past few days especially. I’ve talked with a lot of people lately. Some trying to get through tough struggles. I spent a bit of time in Sarah’s garden and that always brings back the thought that, no matter what we face, persistence and hope will get us through. I hope you smile too.

Gray rainy days....
View attachment 318572
Nourish our world.
View attachment 318573
A garden is never really empty.
View attachment 318574
View attachment 318575
Sometimes, out of season.
View attachment 318576
View attachment 318577
View attachment 318578
I wish everyone could be surrounded with the love of a kitty,
View attachment 318579
Feel the comfort of fur and purrs on their shoulder,
View attachment 318580
Warmed on a cold morning,
View attachment 318581
Share the dawn with a loyal friend,
View attachment 318582
Be guarded as they wake,
View attachment 318584
loved ,
View attachment 318585
Know that there is someone watching for them,
View attachment 318586
And hoping for smiles all around.
View attachment 318587
Happy tails should be on every kitty.
View attachment 318588
It easy enough. Just provide one little cardboard box....
View attachment 318589
And like magic.....
View attachment 318590
Kitties appear like little flowers. One after the other! :lol:
View attachment 318591
Mom? Do they know I was named after the Brown Thrasher Bird? I played beside them when I was a feral baby. They taught me to hunt bugs under the leaves. Lots of birds kept me company. Tell them about the special bird that talked to me when my Mom was gone.
View attachment 318592

Okay Thrasher.
We have a special bird here. These kitties always come running when I play this. Kitties are especially good at coexisting with other creatures and giving out boquets of love. Even the birds understand. :kitty: How do I know? A little birdie told me. Listen.
From Chez Catbird, the Clowder and I send songs and smiles tonight. :heartshape:
:):hearthrob:🐹🐰:kitty:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I crossed over into kitty land many years ago. :lol: Everything is seen through the eyes of the kitties around here.
That's the perfect way to describe it. Kitty land. :cloud9:

A good reminder that joy will come back around, just like the Spring. 🌻

I wish the light could reach all humans & kitties and warm them. ☀

Yes, little pleasures can add up if we collect them. 🐿

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always wondered what a catbird sounds like, and thank you for letting us all know, Jcatbird Jcatbird ! What a wonderful little vocalization. And yes, we can all love cats AND birds, can't we? It's always been pretty clear to me that those who truly care for one species often care for all (or almost all) species, though each of us may have favorites. Many of humankind's great inspirational leaders, such as Dr. King and many members of his family, cared for non-humans as well as humans. Several members of his family were/are vegetarians/vegans. The great leader Cesar Chavez was, as he like to point out, an ETHICAL vegetarian. Those are just two of the most familiar of our greatest leaders.

Whenever I spend any time with cats, see cats, and/or think about cats, I'm just amazed that anyone could NOT love them -- they are so beautiful, agile, graceful, clean, unconditionally loyal and loving! All of these traits/qualities are prized by most people, or so they say. To have them all in one little velvet package is so wonderful.

I don't get all the anti-cat feelings at all. I dislike dogs quite intensely, but I don't advocate for killing them (except for pitbulls, which have been purpose-bred for generations to fight, maim, and kill, and all too often do these things to innocent animals and people, with no provocation or warning whatsoever. All societies should be able to function without this threat of very preventable violence.) Where dogs are useful to others or liked/loved by others, great! as long as I don't have to interact with them/risk being a target of them. Cats, on the other hand, harm no one and do so much good!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
an ETHICAL vegetarian
What is an ethical vegetarian?

I dislike dogs quite intensely
You might change your mind if you met my neighbor's little Pomeranian puppy. He is the cutest little thing and definitely has a mind of his own! He sneaks over to see me whenever he can escape. :lol:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You might change your mind if you met my neighbor's little Pomeranian puppy. He is the cutest little thing and definitely has a mind of his own! He sneaks over to see me whenever he can escape. :lol:
An ethical vegetarian is a person who eats this diet for the reason that they care about animals, rather than just their own health.
No, the little yappy dogs are the worst, IMHO, except for the violent ones. I've been forced to care for two dogs in my life. NEVER AGAIN.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Poms don't yap, at least the couple that I know don't :) Rotties are wonderful, huskies are a hoot, English bulldogs are the absolute total bomb especially a baby I know named Thelma, Boxers are amazing, and the TV show Pitbulls and Parolees? Bless that woman's heart to the ends of the Earth for stepping up to the plate for them. Those pitties are incredibly sweet.

We're not going to change your mind, but when a dog has gone sour it flatout is not, ever, the dog's fault.

So back to the subject of the thread, Jcatbird Jcatbird I'm hoping that aside from the huge and intense project you're in the middle of, things have calmed a bit around your house?

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 : Who knows why people have such strong anti-cat feelings. Maybe they had a bad experience with cats when they were younger. Maybe they've had one too many cats dig in their garden. But people who refuse to listen to the advantages of TNR programs, and would rather just kill the cats, totally breaks my heart.

I'm 100% a cat purrson, and am nervous around dogs, simply because I've never been around them much. But I would never say I disliked dogs or wished them harm, or any animal, for that matter. Guess that's why part of the reason I became vegetarian, was for ethical reasons.

An ethical vegetarian is a person who eats this diet for the reason that they care about animals, rather than just their own health.
I'll add that these days, some people are ethical vegetarians due to the way animals are treated in factory farms. :mad:

Jcatbird Jcatbird : I didn't realize it was a different county that you're advocating for the cats and TNR programs. Hopefully you, and the others, will be able to convince them that TNR programs work.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poms don't yap, at least the couple that I know don't :) Rotties are wonderful, huskies are a hoot, English bulldogs are the absolute total bomb especially a baby I know named Thelma, Boxers are amazing, and the TV show Pitbulls and Parolees? Bless that woman's heart to the ends of the Earth for stepping up to the plate for them. Those pitties are incredibly sweet.

We're not going to change your mind, but when a dog has gone sour it flatout is not, ever, the dog's fault.

So back to the subject of the thread, Jcatbird Jcatbird I'm hoping that aside from the huge and intense project you're in the middle of, things have calmed a bit around your house?
A lot of people share your feelings. Many of them have been maimed or killed, or their loved ones maimed or killed, by their own "pet" pitbulls. Rottweilers and Huskies can be destroyers, too, but the pittbulls are the worst by far. Statistics don't lie. Anyway, yeah, to each his/her own. I just feel so terrible about all of the innocent cats whose lives are taken by these things, as well as other animals and humans.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I try to avoid blanket assumptions about anyone or anything- including dogs and cats. Our own dog, the discarded pup German shepherd, was scared spitless of cats, but not other dogs. When loose, he was a lover, but when tied up, not so much. Other dogs I have encountered were worthless pieces of (bleep). It all depends. Same with our cats. Some are lap cats, and others are not. I happen to like most dogs, and also most cats. Like I said, it all depends.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom Thank you for that. I suspect my strength came from her and sharing that is always a pleasure. :redheartpump:

Albus&minnie Albus&minnie :heartshape::kitty:

M maggiedemi Agreed. Joy comes around. If the light will reach all humans, maybe the kitties won’t have such great need for it.
You gave me a hilarious visual by putting the chipmunk emoji there. Collecting pleasures like a chipmunk gathers food. Everyone walking around with giant bulging cheeks! :lol:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 The cat birds can be really funny. They do an amazing dance for each other. I can tell you how many times during my life I have gone out trying to locate what I thought was a crying kitten only to discover a Catbird. My cats all come to look if they hear one. A very good mimic. It’s interesting that they do that. If they were trying to chase off other birds, you would think they would mimic an adult cat. Maybe they are calling all kitties? :thumbsup:

rubysmama rubysmama I am working with a different county but it’s only a mile from my house and I have gotten cats here from as much as five miles away that wandered in here. I also lived there before I moved here and was getting many of my adoptions out there. I have a strong connection there. I spent some childhood years on the other side of that county too. It is most disturbing to me that a place so beautiful could harbor such ill feelings. It changed once, it can change again. It took time here to get TNR so I know it will take time there too. Fortunately, change for the better is sweeping the country. I am confident that TNR will win.

I was once afraid of a dog as a child. I also lived where abandoned dogs had formed packs. The thing is, neglect leaves animals struggling to survive and as frightened as any human. My heart goes out to any suffering creature. I’ve loved just about any fur, feathers or scaled type of critter at one time or another. Love for one dog overcame any fear instilled in me by another. I find that anyone afraid of cats can have the same experience if they just give love a chance. No one will be attracted to everything. Live and let live. Love wherever you can. :redheartpump:

N NY cat man I have loved dogs too. If not for the dog I had in 2003, I would not be here to rescue kitties now. Things are often linked though we may never realize it.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
I like dogs, in fact, when I was a kid, I liked them better than kitty cats. I loved cats but they never played with me like a dog would.

That all changed when I got my first pet cat at age 8. He was a Siamese mix and I was over the moon. He would attack my ankles and wrestle with me in the back yard, I use to tell him that he was more fun than a puppy.

I still like dogs, but I do consider them a little overrated.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I try to avoid blanket assumptions about anyone or anything- including dogs and cats. Our own dog, the discarded pup German shepherd, was scared spitless of cats, but not other dogs. When loose, he was a lover, but when tied up, not so much. Other dogs I have encountered were worthless pieces of (bleep). It all depends. Same with our cats. Some are lap cats, and others are not. I happen to like most dogs, and also most cats. Like I said, it all depends.
I didn't really want or intend to get into a discussion on the subject, but statistics don't lie. Here is one of many, many articles stating facts: Pit bulls killed 30 times more animals in 2018 than human crime and interested readers will see links to other articles on the site.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom Thank you for that. I suspect my strength came from her and sharing that is always a pleasure. :redheartpump:

Albus&minnie Albus&minnie :heartshape::kitty:

M maggiedemi Agreed. Joy comes around. If the light will reach all humans, maybe the kitties won’t have such great need for it.
You gave me a hilarious visual by putting the chipmunk emoji there. Collecting pleasures like a chipmunk gathers food. Everyone walking around with giant bulging cheeks! :lol:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 The cat birds can be really funny. They do an amazing dance for each other. I can tell you how many times during my life I have gone out trying to locate what I thought was a crying kitten only to discover a Catbird. My cats all come to look if they hear one. A very good mimic. It’s interesting that they do that. If they were trying to chase off other birds, you would think they would mimic an adult cat. Maybe they are calling all kitties? :thumbsup:

rubysmama rubysmama I am working with a different county but it’s only a mile from my house and I have gotten cats here from as much as five miles away that wandered in here. I also lived there before I moved here and was getting many of my adoptions out there. I have a strong connection there. I spent some childhood years on the other side of that county too. It is most disturbing to me that a place so beautiful could harbor such ill feelings. It changed once, it can change again. It took time here to get TNR so I know it will take time there too. Fortunately, change for the better is sweeping the country. I am confident that TNR will win.

I was once afraid of a dog as a child. I also lived where abandoned dogs had formed packs. The thing is, neglect leaves animals struggling to survive and as frightened as any human. My heart goes out to any suffering creature. I’ve loved just about any fur, feathers or scaled type of critter at one time or another. Love for one dog overcame any fear instilled in me by another. I find that anyone afraid of cats can have the same experience if they just give love a chance. No one will be attracted to everything. Live and let live. Love wherever you can. :redheartpump:

N NY cat man I have loved dogs too. If not for the dog I had in 2003, I would not be here to rescue kitties now. Things are often linked though we may never realize it.
They may well be! They do have a sort of meowing call.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't really want or intend to get into a discussion on the subject, but statistics don't lie. Here is one of many, many articles stating facts: Pit bulls killed 30 times more animals in 2018 than human crime and interested readers will see links to other articles on the site.

Pitbulls are indeed an aggressive dog and it doesn't help matters that they have that locked jaw. However, dogs reflect their owners (not the other way around) and if a pitbull becomes a monster it is only because he/she is owned by one.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pitbulls are indeed an aggressive dog and it doesn't help matters that they have that locked jaw. However, dogs reflect their owners (not the other way around) and if a pitbull becomes a monster it is only because he/she is owned by one.
Actually not. Read some of the articles linked to this one: Pit bulls killed 30 times more animals in 2018 than human crime and you'll see that many of these had been "family pets" that turned on human or other family members with no provocation or warning whatsoever.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually not. Read some of the articles linked to this one: Pit bulls killed 30 times more animals in 2018 than human crime and you'll see that many of these had been "family pets" that turned on human or other family members with no provocation or warning whatsoever.

I have no way of knowing the validity of that newsletter and no where did I see any reporting in regards to pit bulls turning on human or other family members.

Yes, they are aggressive especially when it comes to other dogs, but they are also extremely loyal, as Helen Keller can attest to. Remember also, that it was a black lab who tore off the face of the woman in France, sadly making her the first person to receive a face transplant.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no way of knowing the validity of that newsletter and no where did I see any reporting in regards to pit bulls turning on human or other family members.

Yes, they are aggressive especially when it comes to other dogs, but they are also extremely loyal, as Helen Keller can attest to. Remember also, that it was a black lab who tore off the face of the woman in France, sadly making her the first person to receive a face transplant.
I was the 62nd subscriber to this paper, which is extremely well respected in the animal advocacy community and the personnel are excellent journalists skilled in finding and compiling accurate statistics. There are many articles in the publication taken from news reports of these killers turning on family members, innocent animals and members of the public. Almost every community has multiple such articles. Beth Clifton herself, a former police officer, had a pitbull that turned for no reason whatsoever, so she knows firsthand what these can do. Anyway, as I stated, I don't wish to become involved in a running argument about these. I only mentioned them in passing. I'm here for CATS on the CAT SITE.

Status
Not open for further replies.