My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama I would hope that anyone familiar with this thread would understand my relationship with the kitties here and that they are allowed to choose what they like or dislike in daily life. Anyone unfamiliar with it, I hope they will backtrack through the thread to get to know the cat personalities involved. It takes a certain respect and a certain kind of kitty to want to play with hats! Lol I totally understand that playing with them in a way they enjoy is the best of bonding times and should not be misunderstood as though we advocate dressing them as dolls or children. I certainly was not offended and hope that everyone will spend enough time with their fur babies to know what they find fun and a bonding experience. That’s just part of demonstrating our love.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Thank you! I know we all share a great love and respect for our fur babies here. There is a big difference between playing with them and making them do something they object to doing. That is actually why I could not get a photo yesterday of Lady wearing her dress harness. Lol Wouldn’t you know it, she put her paw down and said no! Cats! (Don’t tell her I told this but, I think she gained a little Winter weight! She may need a larger harness! Shhhhh.) :lol:
There is one other thing that I was asked lately about using a harness. Someone with a rescue wanted to know about leaving the harness on all the time as the kitty adjusted to a new home. My opinion was, that would not be safe or comfortable. A cat in a harness should be guarded. The person in question did remove the harness and the cat adjusted beautifully to the new home without it.
The watching of any trap is an issue close to my heart here. Besides the fright of being shut into a trap, there is weather and the risk of predators to consider. I always had the kitties in my custody minutes after the trap shut, if not seconds after. I would put a cloth cover over it and bring the kitties in immediately. We do the best we can to lessen any upset.

Albus&minnie Albus&minnie I did go and find the thread where you posted photos of your beautiful babies! We have some real Tortie lovers here as well as black kitty fans! Fluff lovers too! Lol I think it’s wonderful that you saved those two and adopted them! And you are getting a third? Awesome! We look forward to hearing all about Clover too! I have always maintained that a kitty guardian is a kitty hero! We welcome another kitty hero!!:heartshape:You’ve come to a great place filled with information and supporters! I know you’ll love being part of TCS just like we do.:welcomesign:

N NY cat man No hat for your babies? I can’t blame you! It’s really hard to do much if you’re wrapped like a mummy! Have you finished the painting?

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I already know how deep the laser gaze of a Hekitty can cut! Lol Hello Hekitty!

M maggiedemi Lady did pose for you! Lol I think she might have too much fluff for the harness right now!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just had to post this for everyone who has read this thread and been supportive here. As kitty lovers we often wear our hearts on our sleeves! It seems very appropriate since this message comes from Wanda Heart. I didn’t plan this, it just happened. Sometimes the most beautiful moments occur that way. They wander into our lives! Especially with kitties. rubysmama rubysmama It’s one of those things that I hope will make you start your day with a smile. N NY cat man A tribute to all the rescues and to finding their names.

The night of August 6,2019
46DCA21B-693D-4C3B-B854-FCE10C3017C6.jpeg

I came here as a lost kitten.
C4E91B42-3E0B-42F0-A0A0-16E45798B019.jpeg

I brought my heart when I came.
CEC91D97-B170-484F-B772-A3EFDBCAF15E.jpeg

I held it out with hope.
66DCF486-419B-41D9-A6FD-5912C6768215.jpeg

I saw a hooman and kitties were here.
459C3166-28CC-4902-AD5E-B1506525C8A8.jpeg

Could I wander into their hearts?
495DBA00-81FE-4EB4-9330-5083AC79EAB1.jpeg

I watched from the dark and waited.
5ED9FDA4-B80C-4A39-A1C0-C04EA174B622.jpeg

I was lonely and sick and scared.....
A2860A20-BCA3-44B9-B0D5-9C887108D251.jpeg

But the kitties could see me....,
049E2579-4EC5-475D-91AE-31A5B6B20C51.jpeg

And they showed the hooman my heart,
E87135C4-4BD8-489F-8CA2-3BBF16123A90.jpeg

So she came to give me a hand. She and her kitty called out and asked,
2A12962C-EFC8-4E52-B34B-914EA1FCA47E.jpeg

Would you like to come with us?
80C33990-C5CF-4288-972F-3E6C1BD9B770.jpeg

The kitty came over and gave me a kiss.
9A6B7E1C-D7D9-4565-815C-EF9C1CA96E13.jpeg

It’s safe to come in here.
9C0ED7D7-BD28-4CB9-AA6F-2B5A9985404C.jpeg

I was sooo tired......
A6F6CD74-B092-4E6F-A8AA-C735B0190B43.jpeg

But I could feel in my heart that this was the place.
BB113A9D-D0C2-4A53-A6C3-22B6D1C31C0A.jpeg

It looked so inviting inside!
591FE95B-AB6C-49B1-BFAA-FD0ED1B39ACE.jpeg

The cat and the lady read my eyes and my heart and lifted me up, tended my wounds and gave me good food, I slept warm and safe that night. (I did not know if this little one would survive this night but she had the heart of a little lion)
D15E2BD6-228A-49B9-AC88-988E6B8DCCAE.jpeg

Now we share hearts and I am well again.
5C31D99C-3CE4-4753-A8EB-A3DDFE4C2E8A.jpeg

My heart is protected and .....
5BCA9D02-D23A-4048-AF00-B15DBA8044D6.jpeg

We have enough love to share.
B909366E-AA3F-4D97-A218-08DBA48E188C.jpeg

From Wanda Heart and everyone at Chez Catbird, we send to you all ,our hearts and our love.
76894989-C827-4C64-99D9-E4AAB8FFE9C1.jpeg

Please take some and pass the rest on.

It’s amazing what a little love and care can do to heal. The little ginger girl may look very different now but she is just as precious as the night she appeared. Her loving heart is unchanged. Watching Wanda Heart grow into the healthy young lady she is now filled my heart with joy. Every rescue can offer this to anyone considering adopting. I highly recommend sharing love with a kitty! (or kitties! Lol) Have a great night everyone!:redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

Attachments

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don’t tell her I told this but, I think she gained a little Winter weight! She may need a larger harness! Shhhhh.
That's okay, I like fluffy kitties, they are more huggable. 😻

The cat and the lady read my eyes and my heart and lifted me up, tended my wounds and gave me good food, I slept warm and safe that night.
This sounds like everybody's dream, cat or human. :cloud9:

she had the heart of a little lion
Lion hearts are the best kind. 🦁

It’s amazing what a little love and care can do to heal.
I've learned this is true. :hugs:

My heart is protected
I love that idea of protecting the hearts of those we love. 💞

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just had to post this for everyone who has read this thread and been supportive here. As kitty lovers we often wear our hearts on our sleeves! It seems very appropriate since this message comes from Wanda Heart. I didn’t plan this, it just happened. Sometimes the most beautiful moments occur that way. They wander into our lives! Especially with kitties. rubysmama rubysmama It’s one of those things that I hope will make you start your day with a smile. N NY cat man A tribute to all the rescues and to finding their names.

The night of August 6,2019View attachment 317872

I came here as a lost kitten.
View attachment 317850
I brought my heart when I came.
View attachment 317851
I held it out with hope.
View attachment 317853

I saw a hooman and kitties were here.
View attachment 317854
Could I wander into their hearts?
View attachment 317855
I watched from the dark and waited.
View attachment 317856
I was lonely and sick and scared.....
View attachment 317857
But the kitties could see me....,
View attachment 317858
And they showed the hooman my heart,
View attachment 317859
So she came to give me a hand. She and her kitty called out and asked,
View attachment 317860

Would you like to come with us?
View attachment 317861
The kitty came over and gave me a kiss.
View attachment 317862
It’s safe to come in here.
View attachment 317863
I was sooo tired......
View attachment 317864
But I could feel in my heart that this was the place.View attachment 317865
It looked so inviting inside!
View attachment 317867
The cat and the lady read my eyes and my heart and lifted me up, tended my wounds and gave me good food, I slept warm and safe that night. (I did not know if this little one would survive this night but she had the heart of a little lion)
View attachment 317873
Now we share hearts and I am well again.
View attachment 317866
My heart is protected and .....
View attachment 317868
We have enough love to share.
View attachment 317852
From Wanda Heart and everyone at Chez Catbird, we send to you all ,our hearts and our love.
View attachment 317870
Please take some and pass the rest on.

It’s amazing what a little love and care can do to heal. The little ginger girl may look very different now but she is just as precious as the night she appeared. Her loving heart is unchanged. Watching Wanda Heart grow into the healthy young lady she is now filled my heart with joy. Every rescue can offer this to anyone considering adopting. I highly recommend sharing love with a kitty! (or kitties! Lol) Have a great night everyone!:redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:
That was loverly , thankyou for making my ( and my kitties ) day ! :hearthrob::redheartpump::kitty::creampersian:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama is right, surya surya ! Four beautiful little babies needing safe haven, comfort, good care, and LOVE! *PRAYERS* for them to have all of these, always! :redheartpump: :redheartpump: :redheartpump: :redheartpump:
Such a little beauty Wanda is, Jcatbird Jcatbird and with the excellent care and love at Chez Catbird, it's no wonder she has grown from a little waif into such a beautiful creamsicle princess! It's so true that these are needed by all but unfortunately, not found by all. So those of us at TCS are contributing to the supply of those and hopefully each new visitor will partake of some and pass it on!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I remember so well the day you told us that there was another kitten out there...and how sick she was when you were able to get her! Little Wanda Heart does have the heart of a very gentle liion!

As for BJ...he is a very handsome Cat in the Hat, and FAR better-mannered than his more famous counterpart,
1579212438634.png

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama I am so glad it started your day with a smile! The sentiments sent were heartfelt! :)

surya surya I hope the wild ones are settling. I sure miss having baby fur balls around! They may be bouncing off the walls but I do love that about them! :lol::dizzycat::climbcat::runningcat:

N NY cat man Natural is beautiful! I bet you all wear your hearts on your sleeves though! ;) Kitties have a way of bringing that out in us humans.

M maggiedemi Lady says she will try to add more fluff for you! Lol
I agree, that is the dream of all living creatures. Safe, cared for and loved. What could be better? Protecting the hearts of those we love ,Lions or lambs, is demonstrating our love. We do the best we can.

Albus&minnie Albus&minnie I’m so glad you and the kitties enjoyed the post last night! Wanda Heart is a sweet messenger. I can tell that you are a great kitty lover! I hope you’ll stay and get to know some of the other rescued kitties who live here. I try to post something they do every day. It’s been quite a learning experience here! The education continues and I am sure it will be never ending.:lol:

Furballsmom Furballsmom She’s growing into a beautiful young lady. It does my heart good to see her looking better and happy now.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I love creamsicle princess as a description! Sweet treat! She certainly is that! I still think those kisses between Froggie and Banjo had a little something to do with the arrival of the Princess. Lol I look at her now and I am reminded how fortunate I am that she did recover.
TCS is a great source of shared love for kitties. Being on site for others is a privilege that I cherish. I hope the love from everyone here continues to be spread and shared over the whole world until all are found. :redheartpump:

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 oh boy! I remember finding Wanda Heart too! I was so worried about her. On her second vet visit I was so worried I drove her there right after breaking my ribs! Lol Love can give us strength! Funny, but I didn’t really feel the pain until I knew she was over the critical care. She healed me even as I worked to help her recover. :catlove: Cats do that!

Bj is a very polite cat in the hat! The gentleman feral! :lol:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was having a snack tonight and captured an example of something. Often people want to repel cats from certain things. Lol Not an easy task at times! I have furniture cat art myself! :lol: The nose of a cat is highly sensitive. They use the nose to find friends, family, prey and it is a very important tool to them. It is a huge resource in their survival. It can also keep them away from predators and other offensive things. Their sense of smell is not as acute as a dog but rates far above that of a human. That’s why some soaps, perfumes, cleansers and other scented products humans use can send cats running away or bring them nearer. Here is a lesson from Banjo in liquid sunshine.

You’re eating. What ‘cha got?
0A5227F9-9F96-459F-A37D-F59B701ECC22.jpeg

It’s an orange Banjo.
E1889D68-29EA-409B-8E87-51FBE7D6D192.jpeg

You look like it tastes good!
D36FEA4F-53A7-486D-B718-7F8F90232952.jpeg

It’s my food Banjo. You wouldn’t like it.
8952C26C-C58B-4677-A995-FE60DFD5A674.jpeg

Thrasher, you ever seen this stuff?
9DDD74B0-46DF-4DC6-A20E-B5A53ED4DF44.jpeg

Ewwww!
E1E1F57B-5A1E-47A6-B258-022412D600E6.jpeg

She didn’t like the smell but I might!
6A20F278-3FA1-4130-82F6-94E7226F7073.jpeg

Let me see!
0914F8D6-A949-4276-8957-67825B79C2A1.jpeg

Don’t eat it Banjo. You’ll get an upset tummy.
F0ED753C-FC1A-4D26-9369-E79E94CD04A3.jpeg

I just want to see mom!
94C7F9BC-57C7-48E1-BA55-6829157FDDD1.jpeg

Let me smell.
1D322144-1FC1-4596-87FA-5E0916DCAFB6.jpeg

Ohhhhh! Stinky! Skunk smell mom!
66C2392E-1114-4EC2-8538-0DFEEF8F72ED.jpeg

OMG you’re actually eating that! You humans are so odd. You turn away from cat food and then you eat that. Are you trying to get up a hairball?
47FFB875-E33D-4A5A-973B-B2C1C1793AEB.jpeg

No offense Mom, you need to chew some catnip. Your breath is orange!
2ECBAC08-C086-41DF-9295-9912423DFD5E.jpeg

:flail:No kisses from Banjo tonight!
The lesson? In most cases, cats hate citrus scents. Although there are cases where a cat is reported to have eaten citrus, it can upset the tummy due to the oils and, presumably, the acidic content. I have used lemon furniture polish on my front door to keep male ferals from spraying there. Thankfully, it worked. They still sprayed elsewhere but at least the avoided the entrance to my house! Lol
Banjo is still watching me and waiting to see if I ate it to get up a hairball! :lol:
So much for the liquid sunshine in the house! I was given a large bag of oranges! I think Banjo will be watching from a distance! :sunshine:Sorry Banjo but I prefer this juice to tuna juice! Maybe I can gargle with tuna juice later!!:barfgreen:

Have a great night everyone. :heartshape:

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was having a snack tonight and captured an example of something. Often people want to repel cats from certain things. Lol Not an easy task at times! I have furniture cat art myself! :lol: The nose of a cat is highly sensitive. They use the nose to find friends, family, prey and it is a very important tool to them. It is a huge resource in their survival. It can also keep them away from predators and other offensive things. Their sense of smell is not as acute as a dog but rates far above that of a human. That’s why some soaps, perfumes, cleansers and other scented products humans use can send cats running away or bring them nearer. Here is a lesson from Banjo in liquid sunshine.

You’re eating. What ‘cha got?
View attachment 318020
It’s an orange Banjo.
View attachment 318021
You look like it tastes good!
View attachment 318022
It’s my food Banjo. You wouldn’t like it.
View attachment 318023
Thrasher, you ever seen this stuff?
View attachment 318024
Ewwww!
View attachment 318025
She didn’t like the smell but I might!
View attachment 318026
Let me see!
View attachment 318027
Don’t eat it Banjo. You’ll get an upset tummy.
View attachment 318028
I just want to see mom!
View attachment 318029
Let me smell.
View attachment 318030
View attachment 318031
OMG you’re actually eating that! You humans are so odd. You turn away from cat food and then you eat that. Are you trying to get up a hairball?
View attachment 318032
No offense Mom, you need to chew some catnip. Your breath is orange!
View attachment 318033
:flail:No kisses from Banjo tonight!
The lesson? In most cases, cats hate citrus scents. Although there are cases where a cat is reported to have eaten citrus, it can upset the tummy due to the oils and, presumably, the acidic content. I have used lemon furniture polish on my front door to keep male ferals from spraying there. Thankfully, it worked. They still sprayed elsewhere but at least the avoided the entrance to my house! Lol
Banjo is still watching me and waiting to see if I ate it to get up a hairball! :lol:
So much for the liquid sunshine in the house! I was given a large bag of oranges! I think Banjo will be watching from a distance! :sunshine:Sorry Banjo but I prefer this juice to tuna juice! Maybe I can gargle with tuna juice later!!:barfgreen:

Have a great night everyone. :heartshape:
:D:lol::kitty::kitty:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
into such a beautiful creamsicle princess
I love that! I'm gonna go hug Demi and call him my Creamsicle. :vancat:

It's so true that these are needed by all but unfortunately, not found by all
So true. I wish all animals/people could have what they need. 🙏☀

We do the best we can.
Yes, we do. ;)

Hee Hee. That pic is priceless. That reminds me, I need to eat more fruit. 🍊🍎🍐🍌🍑🥭🍍🥝

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird and M maggiedemi Yes, citrus is anathema to cats! But *that's more for us!* ;) :yummy: And they probably feel that way about their cat foods, too :cutecat::kneading:
Yes, if we all had what we need, this world would be such a Paradise! "There's enough in the world for everyone's need/but not enough in the world for everyone's greed" -- the great reggae legend, Jimmy Cliff, once wrote and sang
Jah Lyrics: Jimmy Cliff - Satan's Kingdom Lyrics *Listen UP!*

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Albus&minnie Albus&minnie Glad you laughed! Lol

rubysmama rubysmama And glad you smiled! Banjo has a way of expressing her thoughts! It’s not too hard to read that little face! :lol:

M maggiedemi I love fruit! Just remember, if you eat citrus, the cats may avoid you. Lol Skunk smell! :lol:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Very powerful message. It’s so sad that greed drives so much of society. It would be nice if the Lion could still lay down with the Lamb.

surya surya I’m glad they are at a rescue but they sure were cute! The wild bunch! :lol: Time for you to grab a break huh?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

rubysmama rubysmama And glad you smiled! Banjo has a way of expressing her thoughts! It’s not too hard to read that little face! :lol:

M maggiedemi I love fruit! Just remember, if you eat citrus, the cats may avoid you. Lol Skunk smell! :lol:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Very powerful message. It’s so sad that greed drives so much of society. It would be nice if the Lion could still lay down with the Lamb.

surya surya I’m glad they are at a rescue but they sure were cute! The wild bunch! :lol: Time for you to grab a break huh?
Oh, that is guaranteed and assured. We're expected to shoulder some of the burden and do some of the work, with our "intelligent" brains -- and some work is needed in that area by so many!

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

You always make my day !
Thank you! :):kitty:

Status
Not open for further replies.