My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone!
Sorry I didn’t get here much today. Most of my day has been spent talking to the family of a cherished friend. She was a true kitty lover ( she adopted two little black kittens from me some time back) and one of the most vigilant of guardians to all living things that I have ever known. A good human and true friend. Her daily calls will be greatly missed. Swift journey Miss R. :redheartpump::bigeyes::bigeyes:

A Thrasher at my side.
A94BA2E8-0721-4F7A-9A0F-F504D7CBE7E0.jpeg

A BJ wanting to doze. Lol
7C0EC245-F877-4E6A-872D-8F754830F81D.jpeg

And more of BJ trying to get me to join him in a nap! What more could I need?!?!?
516A0DE1-4A78-4476-9526-1A7503D6DAE5.jpeg

Maybe a Little Wanda Heart sugar.
B081F719-1FC4-41C0-9681-A8024C767B9A.jpeg

Or a new toy to add some smiles.
86400C27-F684-4BF0-AACB-3C16375D8701.jpeg

I don’t know what this is supposed to be but I found it in the costumes section of the famous dollar store.
50C935FB-D8AC-4A23-90F3-432FCD338D67.jpeg

It just looks kind of like a fuzzy tail! Lol
C5DF9D31-7B0B-4062-A086-9846C6AFBF49.jpeg

It seemed like a good cat toy to me!
53C32BA3-6289-4BB7-912E-C82B474D29A2.jpeg

How about it Tortuga?
66D83017-1FBC-46B4-918C-4AB298733ED6.jpeg

Uhhhh, maybe I was wrong? :lol:
E7A7EB6F-6F0E-4BB6-8822-7630B2B0DBA9.jpeg

Maybe if I wiggle it?
7BEBDA3B-4855-4D20-844F-26CD1237A487.jpeg

Maybe not?
8C95E511-E763-441B-807D-8F8256AEEFBE.jpeg

Aw, c’mon kitties! Mom is really trying here.
893BE83E-C8E7-4B61-BE10-4F0DEB623135.jpeg

Wanda Heart, tell Mom..... stop going to the dollar store.
C9838177-567F-4F2C-B8A1-CA19C04FF378.jpeg

:lol:
Somebody get me her phone! I’m going on Chewy!
976756BB-699C-4C42-8968-E04F755AE393.jpeg

:flail:
I know Miss R would be smiling at this post. I hope you are too.,
:vibes::redheartpump:
Have a great night/ morning everyone.

Attachments

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sorry I didn’t get here much today. Most of my day has been spent talking to the family of a cherished friend. She was a true kitty lover ( she adopted two little black kittens from me some time back) and one of the most vigilant of guardians to all living things that I have ever known. A good human and true friend. Her daily calls will be greatly missed. Swift journey Miss R. :redheartpump::bigeyes::bigeyes:

Hugs ... :hugs: :catrub:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her daily calls will be greatly missed. Swift journey Miss R. :redheartpump::bigeyes::bigeyes:
Sorry about the loss of your friend. :( I remember having a best friend who would call everyday on the phone. I don't have one now, living way out here.

tell Mom..... stop going to the dollar store.
I haven't been to a dollar store in forever, I should check them out. :think:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone!

A Thrasher at my side.
View attachment 304105
A BJ wanting to doze. Lol
View attachment 304106
And more of BJ trying to get me to join him in a nap! What more could I need?!?!?
View attachment 304108
Maybe a Little Wanda Heart sugar.
View attachment 304109
Or a new toy to add some smiles. View attachment 304110
I don’t know what this is supposed to be but I found it in the costumes section of the famous dollar store.
View attachment 304111
It just looks kind of like a fuzzy tail! Lol
View attachment 304112
It seemed like a good cat toy to me!
View attachment 304113
How about it Tortuga?
View attachment 304114
Uhhhh, maybe I was wrong? :lol:
View attachment 304115
Maybe if I wiggle it?
View attachment 304116
Maybe not?
View attachment 304117
Aw, c’mon kitties! Mom is really trying here.
View attachment 304118
Wanda Heart, tell Mom..... stop going to the dollar store.
View attachment 304119
:lol:
Somebody get me her phone! I’m going on Chewy!
View attachment 304107
:flail:
I know Miss R would be smiling at this post. I hope you are too.,
:vibes::redheartpump:
Have a great night/ morning everyone.
:hugs: I had a best friend that I would talk with every day, too -- my mom. I miss her SO much. And I've had a lot of other close friends I talked with frequently. All gone now, or changed so much, or for whatever reasons, no longer in touch. I miss talking on the phone! My landline, which I keep for personal reasons, only gets robocalls and/or telemarketing calls now. It's an enemy, not a friend. And people don't tend to call now. It's mostly texting, and sometimes emailing. Not much of either. The trend is away from being social. So I empathize, so much.
Get plenty of that good C.A.T. (Cat-Assisted Therapy)! It is so healing. And that stripy thing looks like a lot of fun!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:hugs: I had a best friend that I would talk with every day, too -- my mom. I miss her SO much.
I used to talk to my Mom every day too. In fact I think in my entire life I probably only didn't talk to her a handful of days, and that was when I was away and time zone differences make calling difficult. I miss her so much too. Can't believe next spring will be 8 years since she's been gone. :(

Jcatbird Jcatbird : Hope you're doing ok. :alright: Sorry we're all bringing down your thread. I think we need some pictures of feline love. :catlove:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to talk to my Mom every day too. In fact I think in my entire life I probably only didn't talk to her a handful of days, and that was when I was away and time zone differences make calling difficult. I miss her so much too. Can't believe next spring will be 8 years since she's been gone. :(

Jcatbird Jcatbird : Hope you're doing ok. :alright: Sorry we're all bringing down your thread. I think we need some pictures of feline love. :catlove:
:hugs: Seventeen for me, this past August. Tobacco killed her via COPD.
And you're absolutely right! We sure do. Here is my Baby Su, feral AND rescued, and so much loved.
IMG_1580.JPG

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama Furballsmom Furballsmom Lari Lari M maggiedemi and everyone else reading here, it’s not bringing the thread down to remember love and great humans. It is wonderful to know that these people were there for so many. My own Mom has been gone for 29 years and I still miss her. She deserves to be missed. 😽 All the ladies in my family have been gone awhile. Just three people left but I am the last female. Seems strange. I kind of adopted Miss R.😊
She was older and had lost her dear friend. She showed up at my orchid sale one day looking blue. I have her flowers and afterwards I seemed to run into her of her family here and there. Then I moved here. Little did I know, Miss R lived near here. She saw my business sign and stoppped, just to look. When I showed up it was a big surprise! Lol She adored my daughter and stuck around for the next twenty years. She came to check on me frequently when I lost Sarah and I got to know her very well. She grew up in a very hard world but it never altered her view of the world. I admired her so much. To those who didn’t take time to know her she appeared to be a very hard woman but I teased her that she was really just a big M&M candy. Hard outer shell but all sugar inside. She would give me a sly smile and respond ,” yeah but not a nut inside!” :lol: So true. She was very wise and as loyal as they come. She shared all she knew about nature, animals and history. When I started having the problems around the property she was ready to enlist her entire family to keep an eye on me and the kitties I was bringing in. She was the only one willing to fight along side me to save them and she was already in her eighties. Lol Of course I wouldn’t let her get too deeply involved but knowing she was willing to put everything on the line to help me meant the world to me. She was a rare bird. I always thought it was really amazing that even though we had lived very different lives and in a different time, we were completely in sync about the things that count. She called me her little sister. It was the highest honor she could ever have given me. She left me with many wonderful things, especially that sly smile. My loss is huge but the benefits of having known her far outweigh the loss. I am holding that close to my heart. That’s what she would want.
For all of you who have suffered losses too, my heart is with you. I’m very glad we have each other. We may not be talking on the phone but we are together every day. I am most grateful for that. Thank you. :grouphug::heartshape:Sending giant:purr:s

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama Furballsmom Furballsmom Lari Lari M maggiedemi and everyone else reading here, it’s not bringing the thread down to remember love and great humans. It is wonderful to know that these people were there for so many. My own Mom has been gone for 29 years and I still miss her. She deserves to be missed. 😽 All the ladies in my family have been gone awhile. Just three people left but I am the last female. Seems strange. I kind of adopted Miss R.😊
She was older and had lost her dear friend. She showed up at my orchid sale one day looking blue. I have her flowers and afterwards I seemed to run into her of her family here and there. Then I moved here. Little did I know, Miss R lived near here. She saw my business sign and stoppped, just to look. When I showed up it was a big surprise! Lol She adored my daughter and stuck around for the next twenty years. She came to check on me frequently when I lost Sarah and I got to know her very well. She grew up in a very hard world but it never altered her view of the world. I admired her so much. To those who didn’t take time to know her she appeared to be a very hard woman but I teased her that she was really just a big M&M candy. Hard outer shell but all sugar inside. She would give me a sly smile and respond ,” yeah but not a nut inside!” :lol: So true. She was very wise and as loyal as they come. She shared all she knew about nature, animals and history. When I started having the problems around the property she was ready to enlist her entire family to keep an eye on me and the kitties I was bringing in. She was the only one willing to fight along side me to save them and she was already in her eighties. Lol Of course I wouldn’t let her get too deeply involved but knowing she was willing to put everything on the line to help me meant the world to me. She was a rare bird. I always thought it was really amazing that even though we had lived very different lives and in a different time, we were completely in sync about the things that count. She called me her little sister. It was the highest honor she could ever have given me. She left me with many wonderful things, especially that sly smile. My loss is huge but the benefits of having known her far outweigh the loss. I am holding that close to my heart. That’s what she would want.
For all of you who have suffered losses too, my heart is with you. I’m very glad we have each other. We may not be talking on the phone but we are together every day. I am most grateful for that. Thank you. :grouphug::heartshape:Sending giant:purr:s
I've had a couple of friends kind of like Miss R., too. Miss them tremendously. And yes, the M&Ms are wonderful. *without the nuts* These amazing people are watching over us, I know and hope you know, too. :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :hugs: As for moms, you KNOW they are.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry about the loss of your friend. :( I remember having a best friend who would call everyday on the phone. I don't have one now, living way out here.

I haven't been to a dollar store in forever, I should check them out. :think:
If you haven’t been to a dollar store lately, check one out. That’s where I bought the Kitty pools! Frogs and cats love them. Sometimes I find great kitty things..... and sometimes the kitties want me to shop at a pet supply place! :flail:
The looks they gave me last night were so funny! The fuzzy tails were a hit with some but not with the girls room! Muffin was the most skeptical of all! Lol I’ll be restocking with something that has catnip I guess! Need to find some of those spring toys everyone is always talking about. I have a feeling those would be a big hit here.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess that that's one of the consequences of getting older- friends and family keep falling away, and one day you look around and are amazed by how few of the people you knew are left. My grandmother, who lived to be 101 years old, once said that everyone was gone. It wasn't long after that that she was gone too. The only thing to do is hold tight to those you care about, and appreciate them while they are still there, and bloody well make sure that they know that you appreciate them, because when they are gone, it's too late.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Thank you. I do know. Her family knows how much we cherished each other and I was on the phone with them until the wee hours this morning. I was told that one of her daughters gave her a hug and said it was from me. She also told her to go and find Sarah. I hope she can. In return, I will try to be supportive of the children she leaves behind. The world is better if we all look out for each other while we are here. You never know when some small thing will make a difference somewhere. I’ll never look at M&M’s the same way again. ☺

Status
Not open for further replies.