My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama Yeah! Hump day! I love that camel. Lol
Freddie and Frieda! The twins! There may be enough frogs here to use all these names. I think they are forming a feral colony! :lol:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 oh no!! Cat ball of rage is very scary. I’m glad they got over it. I have disagreements around here at times but cats are very forgiving. Thankfully! I hope no one got any scratches!

I don’t really have any scary cat stories either. I have some unusual stories and some, like the re rescue of Banjo and Whistle, but nothing that really fits the Halloween mood. We have been blessed with lots of happy endings though. :)

Banjo behaved herself today and all the kitties were calm. Lol I think Banjo was more interested in Froggie today. We had rain yesterday and the frogs stayed under cover for the most part. I worked at trying to do some raking since leaves and pine straw are falling everywhere but the kitties gave me moral support through the window. They are great cheerleaders!

:cheerleader:
0A5F6229-7A75-44E3-9FC6-A1ACB38ECFA6.jpeg

Still six to the window!
54BA23B8-2A1B-4734-B025-4C0766CE7724.jpeg

Kodiak joined her pillow friend in the opposite window.
1AB333D2-F14B-4621-9DB0-50CC2AA6A58E.jpeg

Banjo is back in her usual night time spot tonight. Yay!
She did promise, no more scary stories. Lol
3286E4FA-832B-490A-B5A7-9D201FDEC6FE.jpeg

Calling Froggie!!
CCCCC14A-79DB-4727-8DC3-D1F887968FC0.jpeg

Hmmmm. Maybe the story scared Froggie away Banjo!!
29B2892C-B43E-4CE7-B970-E79EEBE8E347.jpeg

Nope!!
E41BDB7C-72B6-4C7D-A874-5EFE56854955.jpeg

Always faithful, Froggie and Banjo together again.
BCB15218-1599-4B60-8768-98D5911DE926.jpeg

Have a great night everyone! (And a wonderful start to the week!) :heartshape:

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He grabbed her and they turned into a rolling ball of rage. I had to squirt them both. She ran under the bed and stayed there for most of the night while I worried.
That would scare me with the sheer unexpectedness of it! Any scratches on either one?

I just love seeing the kitties lined up in the window. Those cute little kitty-ear-silhouettes! What a great life your crew has. :bigeyes:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That would scare me with the sheer unexpectedness of it! Any scratches on either one?

I just love seeing the kitties lined up in the window. Those cute little kitty-ear-silhouettes! What a great life your crew has. :bigeyes:
They seem happy. I certainly hope so. The thing that cracks me up is that they tend to line up , all facing the same way. I wish I could load video for when I see them all turn to face the other direction!:lol:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wonderful pix, Jcatbird Jcatbird ! I always love seeing group shots of cats; and of course, Banjo and Froggie Prince thrill me every time I see them and hear about them!
No blood drawn in the fight, and I checked them over but they seem to be fine. *Another advantage of having thick fur coats!* It was shocking because totally unexpected. Elvis has been part of the family for 3 years now, and even though he chases Baby Su, they've never gotten physical as far as I know. They've had some snarling matches (or actually, she snarls at him when he gets too close) and maybe she's whapped at him at those times, but I haven't seen it happen. Usually they keep their distance. They each have their own preferred spot on the bed, and as long as they stick to them, all is well. But he was in her spot when she jumped up, not knowing he was there. There was very little space once she jumped up, and so there was a fight.

*We'd love some of that rain if you have any extra!* Rainy season doesn't usually start until November here, so I guess we have to be patient.

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wonderful pix, Jcatbird Jcatbird ! I always love seeing group shots of cats; and of course, Banjo and Froggie Prince thrill me every time I see them and hear about them!
No blood drawn in the fight, and I checked them over but they seem to be fine. *Another advantage of having thick fur coats!* It was shocking because totally unexpected. Elvis has been part of the family for 3 years now, and even though he chases Baby Su, they've never gotten physical as far as I know. They've had some snarling matches (or actually, she snarls at him when he gets too close) and maybe she's whapped at him at those times, but I haven't seen it happen. Usually they keep their distance. They each have their own preferred spot on the bed, and as long as they stick to them, all is well. But he was in her spot when she jumped up, not knowing he was there. There was very little space once she jumped up, and so there was a fight.

*We'd love some of that rain if you have any extra!* Rainy season doesn't usually start until November here, so I guess we have to be patient.
I'm so glad there was no blood drawn. It's hard to understand cat interpretations of events and responses to them sometime. You'd think that after living together for 3 years, a spat might happen, but not a full-on fight. Is it just instinct that kicks in, I wonder? I continue to read and learn. So glad Elvis and Baby Su didn't inflict damage!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad there was no blood drawn. It's hard to understand cat interpretations of events and responses to them sometime. You'd think that after living together for 3 years, a spat might happen, but not a full-on fight. Is it just instinct that kicks in, I wonder? I continue to read and learn. So glad Elvis and Baby Su didn't inflict damage!
I guess because I've lived among cats all my life, a lot of their behavior is kind of second nature to me. And I almost always try to put myself into someone else's situation, regardless of species, to imagine what their feelings/reactions might be. To me, if I ran into a room expecting it to be empty of people but encountered someone who was intimidating to me, very close, I might do the same thing, defensively.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
UM...you do realize that I have two ghost kitties in my apartment, right? They aren't attached to the apartment, but to two cushions that I have. They play with Hekitty on occasion. It is SO funny to watch, because it is very obvious that she is playing with another cat! They also sleep with me. I've wakened several times feeling THREE warm bodies pressed against me, instead of the usual one. You get accustomed to it.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I do know about your extra residents. I don’t think that I would call that scary though. Energy remains with us sometimes. If you read that contest thread you will find others relating similar stories. I can imagine that would be scary to some though. Obviously Hekitty thinks it’s great! Playmates that don’t take her treats or use her litter box. What could be better? :) Who knows, maybe Banjo was telling the kitties here that the AC really does have a ghost. Hmmmmm.

rubysmama rubysmama You should see those guys try to fit more in the window! Lol I think seven could fit but they seem to have set a limit. There are three double windows out there so most can easily find a spot. They mostly prefer that one window though. I’m not really sure why that one since there seems to be more bird activity at the opposite one. Just kitty preference. The windows are open now so they are all out there enjoying the fresh air.

Buffster7 Buffster7 Kitties are full of surprises no matter how long we have them. Sometimes they are just caught off guard and react quickly. Fortunately, they are very forgiving and seem less upset about these things than we are. :dunno: Even a tumbleweed of kitties doesn’t always mean they are hurting each other. It certainly looks like they are but they are masters at dodging each other’s claws and teeth. Take note though, their Mom did not reach in with hands to grab them in order to stop it. We have not perfected the art of dodging the claws!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I am so glad no fur babies were hurt. I’m glad you posted how you stopped the fight! It’s a great example for others. Never grab fighting cats with your hands! I think that ,”startle effect” stays in kitties as a safety mechanism. Pure instinctive response. They obviously recovered from the upset quickly so it sounds like it was just a momentary reaction. Muffin tends to be quicker to respond to the startle thing than the other kitties. She a bit high sensitive.

The kitties managed to blow a bit of the heat away. Lol I hope they sent it towards rubysmama! We only had one real rain shower and a bit of sprinkles but if it really storms, I’ll line them up in the window to blow it your way! :p

I got some extra snuggle time in with Mackie today. My second eldest kitty is my laughing cat and a very big boy but he still wants to be babied at times.

My sweet big boy.
3AB06942-8A9D-4FFD-BD04-50C8F791F72B.jpeg

He is always so loving......
37C73E90-8B8D-4D60-AC47-0FCB76C86902.jpeg

And he always smiles.
26B2B7E6-8DB2-4AC2-A416-2DEC34793514.jpeg

He also likes to hold Moms’ face!
EA2CEB79-C5EA-4851-B755-9A4723DEED44.jpeg

He really shows his love.
E891940A-174E-4A55-9508-11F5E90FE110.jpeg

Patting my face. :)
0FF25605-B91A-41D4-9D3F-526DB4F56C08.jpeg

I kind of have to hold his paws though because....
05D9B167-D416-475D-A97D-6B7F14083BF9.jpeg

If I don’t....
F9F0235F-3188-4FAA-A877-5F854113AEAA.jpeg

He would patty cake my face with his claws out!
AAA9A801-AA41-4916-9142-CF4F75FF017C.jpeg

He seems to think that a pierced ear or nose would look good on me! :lol:
2D55943D-AD5A-4537-8D1C-2877E15183A7.jpeg

He has very large paws and claws!
E22CA4E7-BAA5-4CAC-9365-49C007CB0F47.jpeg

He finally started making air biscuits.
4DCCA89B-B622-4D85-A309-881E35D347A6.jpeg

This is a realaxed Mack.
26E2CDDE-856E-4E76-A4B8-1FD40AE6E708.jpeg

He is super smart too.
C1522B3E-EA5A-4A3B-87E9-832C122058DF.jpeg

Checking out the phone.
A82091D3-6CB0-41BA-9F57-F2E1AD5E2419.jpeg

Giving the ultimate close up! Lol
2ECC2428-A36C-4B38-819F-61792325C3BA.jpeg

Ha! Pushing buttons! He took a selfie!
11BDE7DD-FCF5-4208-AAE4-ABF20CC959B9.jpeg

Posing! Lol Private time together was fully enjoyed by us both. A Mack nap followed.
5ADC5AB7-384B-48BA-9DF6-D50F6F03819F.jpeg

The other kitties were busy Froggie watching!
E153194E-3B63-4A21-87D5-59C096F0001E.jpeg

It looks like the frog house is working out pretty well. :) Froggie updates tomorrow!

Have a great night everyone! :heartshape:

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mackie is a fuzzy hunk of love! :loveeyes: What a sweet cuddle-fest. Love the face-pats. Hey, with all those 'siblings', a place on your lap is probably a rare treat - He was making the most of it!
Fortunately, they are very forgiving and seem less upset about these things than we are.
This I am learning! It has kind of shocked me the last couple days when I witness a smackdown how I'm over here all :paranoid: and they just saunter in like "NBD, we cool" - already bounced back!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mackie is a fuzzy hunk of love! :loveeyes: What a sweet cuddle-fest. Love the face-pats. Hey, with all those 'siblings', a place on your lap is probably a rare treat - He was making the most of it!

This I am learning! It has kind of shocked me the last couple days when I witness a smackdown how I'm over here all :paranoid: and they just saunter in like "NBD, we cool" - already bounced back!
Mackie is a sweet cuddle face! :flail:Who thinks everything is funny. Including being insistent on piercing my nose!! Lol This guy owns everything but let’s the others think they do. The nights he sleeps with me he even removes my glasses from my face, whether Iam ready or not!

I am so glad you have seen the kitties there recover from the “smack downs”. It isn’t easy to watch the fussing without getting worried. Rightly so. Cats are good at rebounding though. They are also good at putting in quite a show! Sometimes all fluff tail and no real fight. Thank goodness!

He loves a good mouse joke!
2B468DD9-5B9E-4EB6-A7A2-83C726CF979F.jpeg

He divides it’s time for sleep and reaches up for my glasses. He’s very careful when he does it and does not hook me.
75CD8FBE-457A-4ED2-B40B-A51444A0F67A.jpeg

Glasses off!
0C6E8611-6504-42AB-938D-A3B3141BEDF5.jpeg

However, he also likes to get my attention with the slight piercing of the nose! He never draws blood, just makes me notice. He knows exactly what he is doing.
32748607-4E70-44EE-A167-DF350D3F9EFA.jpeg

Awwww! Innocent kitty! :flail:
8173D8A8-E30C-45A0-8C8D-401E117F2A26.jpeg

He truly is a sweetheart. I adore Mackie. He is also highly intelligent. He’s pretty amazing.

Attachments

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The kitties managed to blow a bit of the heat away. Lol I hope they sent it towards rubysmama! We only had one real rain shower and a bit of sprinkles but if it really storms, I’ll line them up in the window to blow it your way! :p
Your kitties did send some of your heat my way! The furnace didn't even come on this morning! :)

I got some extra snuggle time in with Mackie today. My second eldest kitty is my laughing cat and a very big boy but he still wants to be babied at times.
Awww... nice to see Mackie featured in a post. :catlove:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mackie is a sweet cuddle face! :flail:Who thinks everything is funny. Including being insistent on piercing my nose!! Lol This guy owns everything but let’s the others think they do. The nights he sleeps with me he even removes my glasses from my face, whether Iam ready or not!

I am so glad you have seen the kitties there recover from the “smack downs”. It isn’t easy to watch the fussing without getting worried. Rightly so. Cats are good at rebounding though. They are also good at putting in quite a show! Sometimes all fluff tail and no real fight. Thank goodness!

View attachment 302651
He divides it’s time for sleep and reaches up for my glasses. He’s very careful when he does it and does not hook me.
View attachment 302652
Glasses off!
View attachment 302654
However, he also likes to get my attention with the slight piercing of the nose! He never draws blood, just makes me notice. He knows exactly what he is doing.
View attachment 302655
View attachment 302650
He truly is a sweetheart. I adore Mackie. He is also highly intelligent. He’s pretty amazing.
Mackie is a gorgeous big tigret and his personality sounds similar to Elvis' in a lot of ways. That Big Blue likes to caress me with claws out at times, too, but he doesn't go in for the piercings because my ears are already full of them and so is my nose, on one side, though I am always protective of my nose pin because I don't want it to become a cat toy :fear: Elvis has big paws, too and I love to touch them. He's pretty good about allowing me to do so, most of the time.
IMG_0543.JPG
IMG_0392.JPG

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 302651
View attachment 302652
Glasses off!
View attachment 302654
View attachment 302655
View attachment 302650
He is so expressive! Love the side eyes glance at the camera as he hooks your glasses off :clapcat:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The excitement at Chez Catbird needs to settle a little! :eek::help:
I will post more later if I can. Had to go charge my phone elsewhere. We had an electrical fire today. The electrical lines that feed this area come together at the front of my land. They melted and then there was an explosion. It was not up against my house but the fire spread quickly. Fortunately I happened to be outside near it when I heard the commotion and ran. Very glad that I was aware of the problem before it spread any more. Although I could not reach 911 I was able to get the Sheriff who sent help. No one was hurt. Blessings for that.
7AA6895A-B249-49A0-A9B6-8156ECB7027A.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The excitement at Chez Catbird needs to settle a little! :eek::help:
I will post more later if I can. Had to go charge my phone elsewhere. We had an electrical fire today. The electrical lines that feed this area come together at the front of my land. They melted and then there was an explosion. It was not up against my house but the fire spread quickly. Fortunately I happened to be outside near it when I heard the commotion and ran. Very glad that I was aware of the problem before it spread any more. Although I could not reach 911 I was able to get the Sheriff who sent help. No one was hurt. Blessings for that. View attachment 302702
*HEARTFELT PRAYERS* for you ALL to be safe! and praise that the sheriff got help right away!:vibes::vibes::vibes::hangin::cutecat::kneading:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m really tired. I also want the smoke smell gone. Right now I am covered in kitties who don’t mind though.,:lol:

rubysmama rubysmama That’s pretty neat that things warmed up there. Never underestimate the power of a clowder!

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 :)Mackie is my funny boy. He totally knew he was being photographed but did it anyway. Time for bed Mom! Snuggle me and stop what you are doing. It worked. He always wins. Lol

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Elvis is stunning. Silver elegance! If you ever need another piercing, I’ll send Mackie. He can teach the art to Elvis! :flail:

Thanks for the prayers. I used all my adrenaline up. I first saw a fire but thought the bright blue light in the sky was a police helicopter. We see them a lot over the highway. The tree branches were really swaying and the noise was intense so.... nope. The tree branches moved away and it struck me this was different although the light was blinding and I couldn’t really see the source, I knew to run. Sorry no pictures! Lol The transformer or something exploded right after I started running and there seemed to be parts flying. I heard something raining down. After a second the noise stopped and I turned back to see the fire gaining. I could not reach 911. No answer. Hmmmm. The Sheriff did answer though. They patched me through to 911. Traffic on the highway continued. Really? Not safe to drive by that guys! One officer did show up after about five minutes and he stopped the cars. No fire truck for awhile though. I am only a couple of minutes from two stations but I guess it takes time to load up. Fifteen minutes ticked by before I heard the siren. I love Firemen! A very Welcome site! I had begun trying to clear brush away so the fire might not make it to the house but it was probably fruitless. I didn’t dare use water at first since it involved electrical lines but after it reached the woods, I was about to. The fire was easily eating up the drought stricken brush. It was just starting to burn the first tree when the fire truck arrived. Of course power was out. When the fire was out and the power company arrived, I was told that the transformer did not cause the fire. The feeder lines were melted far back from that. Apparently the stuff raining down was melted metal! Yow! Reports had come in before my report of the fire of other types of outages in the area. Cable, internet, phone etc. and all those things are junctioned at the corner where the fire was. We don’t know the cause but everything must be replaced. Power lines and all! Cable company is still trying to figure out the extent of their damage. The power lines are being replaced now. The blue light I had seen was a high voltage line that was sending huge amounts of voltage out. Wow! I’ve seen transformers blow but never anything like this before.

The fire spread from this ....
D4EFB57D-3E74-4D8E-8E1B-5B45909482A6.jpeg

To this, in six minutes. That fence post was on the other side of the fire in the first picture and only burning scrub grass. My poor little tree! She only had a short time of burning so she should be okay.
34D2FFC4-0718-4304-88D1-5161B1BCD252.jpeg

Heros!
18EEC087-B2FF-4956-9AED-0E8E9A919F52.jpeg

More heros!!!
5ED97F6C-F209-4E70-8C3A-3D60C4A8A031.jpeg
3E2B07BB-09F8-4587-A3D3-904649C38AB4.jpeg
01F5E167-AA75-45EF-B9AE-CB176C8619CB.jpeg
26F84B16-AE9E-433E-8818-EF87780BE9F6.jpeg
34D79C68-9262-4434-B819-085CF32EACBE.jpeg

It took several trucks, three buckets and lots of workers to repair the damages but thanks to all the wonderful people who helped, Sheriff, 911, Firemen and Power crews, the kitties and wildlife are all safe. Thank goodness for all these people doing very difficult jobs. I am most grateful to them all.
I was able to enjoy the beauty of the moon as I came back inside.
C3B957F7-704E-4EC3-A7DA-D4A5DC86AC8A.jpeg

The power is back on and Banjo says it’s time to get some rest so.....
77E5D20B-CF82-445B-9DA3-56C4853D52ED.jpeg

Have a great night/morning everyone!
:heartshape::clapcat:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m really tired. I also want the smoke smell gone. Right now I am covered in kitties who don’t mind though.,:lol:

rubysmama rubysmama That’s pretty neat that things warmed up there. Never underestimate the power of a clowder!

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 :)Mackie is my funny boy. He totally knew he was being photographed but did it anyway. Time for bed Mom! Snuggle me and stop what you are doing. It worked. He always wins. Lol

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Elvis is stunning. Silver elegance! If you ever need another piercing, I’ll send Mackie. He can teach the art to Elvis! :flail:

Thanks for the prayers. I used all my adrenaline up. I first saw a fire but thought the bright blue light in the sky was a police helicopter. We see them a lot over the highway. The tree branches were really swaying and the noise was intense so.... nope. The tree branches moved away and it struck me this was different although the light was blinding and I couldn’t really see the source, I knew to run. Sorry no pictures! Lol The transformer or something exploded right after I started running and there seemed to be parts flying. I heard something raining down. After a second the noise stopped and I turned back to see the fire gaining. I could not reach 911. No answer. Hmmmm. The Sheriff did answer though. They patched me through to 911. Traffic on the highway continued. Really? Not safe to drive by that guys! One officer did show up after about five minutes and he stopped the cars. No fire truck for awhile though. I am only a couple of minutes from two stations but I guess it takes time to load up. Fifteen minutes ticked by before I heard the siren. I love Firemen! A very Welcome site! I had begun trying to clear brush away so the fire might not make it to the house but it was probably fruitless. I didn’t dare use water at first since it involved electrical lines but after it reached the woods, I was about to. The fire was easily eating up the drought stricken brush. It was just starting to burn the first tree when the fire truck arrived. Of course power was out. When the fire was out and the power company arrived, I was told that the transformer did not cause the fire. The feeder lines were melted far back from that. Apparently the stuff raining down was melted metal! Yow! Reports had come in before my report of the fire of other types of outages in the area. Cable, internet, phone etc. and all those things are junctioned at the corner where the fire was. We don’t know the cause but everything must be replaced. Power lines and all! Cable company is still trying to figure out the extent of their damage. The power lines are being replaced now. The blue light I had seen was a high voltage line that was sending huge amounts of voltage out. Wow! I’ve seen transformers blow but never anything like this before.

The fire spread from this ....View attachment 302719
To this, in six minutes. That fence post was on the other side of the fire in the first picture and only burning scrub grass. My poor little tree! She only had a short time of burning so she should be okay. View attachment 302720
Heros! View attachment 302721
More heros!!! View attachment 302722View attachment 302723 View attachment 302724View attachment 302725 View attachment 302727
It took several trucks, three buckets and lots of workers to repair the damages but thanks to all the wonderful people who helped, Sheriff, 911, Firemen and Power crews, the kitties and wildlife are all safe. Thank goodness for all these people doing very difficult jobs. I am most grateful to them all.
I was able to enjoy the beauty of the moon as I came back inside.
View attachment 302729
The power is back on and Banjo says it’s time to get some rest so.....
View attachment 302731
Have a great night/morning everyone!
:heartshape::clapcat:
:wow::storm::thud::vibes::vibes::vibes::catrub:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The excitement at Chez Catbird needs to settle a little!
We love your daily updates, but kitty and froggie stories are exciting enough. No need for these scary fire events! And knowing how dry it's been in your area, things could have been so much worse. I am so glad you and the kitties are all safe. :petcat: :catlove:

Here's hoping you have a dull, quiet, boring, uneventful day. :catrub:

Status
Not open for further replies.