My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay. I have a funny cat that just hit “post” before I got to the happy ending of the day. Banjo is becoming very smart and tame! Already can use the iPhone! The happy ending is that the two kittens that belonged to Jazzy went to foster care today...... and Jazzy volunteered to go in a cage to eat! Of course I shut the doors and pregnant Jazzy road in the car with her babies and their new foster Mom to go and be spayed. If she doesn’t deliver first! Even if she does, at least we will have the babies in hand instead of the woods and Jazzy will end up spayed. Final good news is huge! The same foster Mom is going to bring Manny home! If all goes well he will be home by the end of the week. I will be so happy to see him again. I hope he will blend right back in with his brothers and roommates. I know that Black Bear has been missing him. I am glad I had not yet tried to move Black Bear to the trailer with his lost family. That may have worked for the best on more than one level. Everything for a reason I guess! My cat friends are going to try and help me figure out more safety measures for the trailer tomorrow as well as any possible way to fit the six in with the 26 on this side of the property.( 16 are my kitties, all previous rescues) When Manny comes back it would be 27! There are still five unadopted at the rescue center. I hope they get homes and are not rejected. At least I know the foster has adoptions for the Jazzy babies. That makes ( starting to lose count, lol) 41 adopted, five at rescue (they have gotten a good report so looks good for adoptions) 17 to find homes for. Still more to get inside though. I now hope that Manny can find a home with his brother or Black Bear or both. That would be a real happy ending. Will do trailer work tomorrow morning, work on adoptions in the afternoon, as well as pick Blue up from the vet and try to find kittens tomorrow night. It’s 2 in the morn! Heading down for the night. What a day! Lol Happy endings are so great!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Banjo is making so much progress! She hit my post button last night as I was writing. Getting very playful and sleeping next to me now. The grant money for spay/ neuter is wonderful. I am so grateful for all the help I received from this county and the grant sponsor! I understand that the county is applying for another grant. I hope they get it as I understand they are quite busy with kitten season and using up the last of the funding very quickly. I have referred the volunteers and employees of this program to this website for info and tips etc.(though they are well experienced) I hope they will be here with us. They deserve much praise for all they are doing to help the animals here. The kitties need them. We all need them! To have the county doing such positive work is a wonderful thing! I purraise them! They helped me get 16 cats spayed or neutered as well as rabies shots for them. I don’t know how I would have done it without them. They even loaned me traps! Yay! If anyone needs Barn cats, they are trying to rescue without euthanasia by adopting out the less tame.( not necessarily feral but just kitties that people had animal control pick up as a nuisance. Poor kitties!) The kitties are free and they are neutered/spayed with rabies shot. They even provide some food. How amazing is that? It doesn’t matter where you live. These kitties are available! If anyone can help them ,just message me for more info. I would love to see this program work out well and set a precedent for a start to no kill sheltering. It would help us all in our goal to help cats. The kitties here have a chance at a better life thanks to them!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just obtained permission to mention the county shelter that has helped me spay and neuter. It is Effingham County Animal Shelter. They have really been working hard to save lives there. The area is full of kitties running loose. I have had conversations with the lovely folks working there and they want, very much, to provide help to the kitties. They are establishing a great relationship with animal lovers by running these programs. Not an easy task. Funding is very difficult to get. I hope that more companies will get involved and help them to help others. I mentioned one company that helped in a previous post. They are the only one that I , personally, have knowledge of helping but I hope they will continue. Maybe that will inspire others to help. Thank you Effingham County Animal Shelter and all there!:wave3:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Picking up Blue. Beautiful cat with one blue eye and one gold eye. He has been neutered. Poor guy but good thing. Stopped on the way here to get some kitty supplies to donate to the shelter. The cashier inquired about my purchases. Lol often happens. Turns out she and her little girl has lost their young male kitty. I now have another quest. The search for Batman. An all black 10 month old. I just happened to have seen a cat matching that description about a week ago. Thrasher chased him off. I hope that it is Batman and that I can find him. I hate to call another cat to my property but....... what to do? ;) I guess I call on Batman!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
F0A97083-C941-4D75-81B5-CC528FA26568.jpeg
Jazzy went to be spayed BUT she is about to deliver the babies. The travel may have hurried it up. I hope the old girl can handle it. At least she is getting good care and the babies will not be born wild. Jazzy will be spayed after the babies are old enough to leave Mom. Some good news today. Backpack was adopted! My shoulder riding friend! It is bittersweet for me. An extremely intelligent cat and so funny. He quickly won my heart. I just hope he understands somehow that I did not want him to go. I let him go to have a better life. On to more good news. Manny is saved again. He was picked up from the rescue center by my trapping friend! She saved my rescue! He is with her now and she sent me video of him. He seemed very happy with her. She really likes Manny and is going to try to help find him a fur ever home. I am so relieved. I could never have managed the drive to go and get him. This same lady took Coal and Jet to foster. Another great cat person! More hope for the kitties. I did look for Batman. I did not see him but three cats went nuts at a window earlier. I suspect he may be around. Certainly they growled and struck the window about something moving in the dark. I have attack cats! Watch cats. Whatever it was , they did a good job setting off an alarm so that I was aware. They got extra treats for letting me know.Whistle and Nanjo are feeling much better about being here.They are both adorable. Banjo is to a point where he is in my lap like any tame kitten. I took a picture for everyone. I looked at the pic and laughed as. I realized I am starting to look like my pets. We are even dressed alike! Sweet kitty!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jazzy is with my friend who does TNR. If Jazzy doesn’t try to eat her then she will stay there to have the babies as I am full up here. My friend also specializes in kitten fostering so this may work out. I hope so. Jazzy was letting me pick her up, Pet etc. so maybe she will be okay. I knew we were cutting it close getting her. I am still shocked she allowed me to get her instead of retreating to the neighbor where there are many places to deliver and hide along with free food. She is safe and the babies will get fostered and adopted out. Manny won the heart of my friend as well! She has him too. Sent me video of him rubbing all over her as she petted. We can’t figure out why he was rejected for adoption unless it is that he is large and intimidating looking. He is really a marshmallow! She is trying her contacts to get him a home.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OH MY! Jazzy looks as if she would explode like one of those puffball mushrooms if you touched her tummy! Will you be able to get kitten pics for us?

You are doing a phenominal job with very little to go on! The world needs so many more like you.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She does look like a puffball! Lol Not nearly as light. When she let me put her in a cage I had to bring her and the cage inside. She weighed a ton! I don’t know her age but I am hoping she will deliver okay. Fortunately she is with someone who can run her to the vet at any hour. I have been getting updates every few hours. No babies yet! She may fool us all and carry them a bit longer. Just to pay me back for not keeping her with me. Lol The foster lady is great and knows how I love my kitties so there will be pics. I will be sure to share them if I can get there to take some or figure out how to get the ones she takes transferred from my text to here. I will work on that ahead of time. I am on baby alert so I will post as soon as I hear how things go for Jazzy. Thank you so much for the encouragement and kind compliment! Your message is gratefully received! Words like that revitalize!

Status
Not open for further replies.