My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
W walli I love Banjo too! BJ is a boy. He was the guardian of all the ferals that were outside. All are now safe inside or adopted to indoor homes. BJ was the last to come in until someone dumped a kitten here a couple of days ago. I brought her in immediately and she had her first vet visit today! No more kitties outside that I know of. Hopefully I haven’t missed any.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The new kitten does not have a microchip. I managed to convince the vet to squeeze in a wellness check, blood work and immunizations! Yay! They were swamped today and it was a very long visit but new baby is totally healthy! It’s a girl:p and she is about fourth months as I had guessed. No one in this area knows anything about a missing baby. I have checked all local sources. I will be going on line to lost pets since I live near a highway and interstate. It’s possible that holiday travelers could have lost her at a stop nearby but I think that is a remote possibility. I will exhaust all avenues because she acts as though someone, somewhere has given her true love. She is happy and voluntarily sleeps in a carrier. She arrived litter box trained. She purred throughout the entire vet visit, including blood work and shots. She is purrfect! I am very late getting home and have many things to catch up here but I’ll come back to post some smile photos! Can’t leave those out tonight!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
But we all know he's a genius.
:thumbsup: :cloud9:

"The new kitten does not have a microchip. I managed to convince the vet to squeeze in a wellness check, blood work and immunizations! Yay! They were swamped today and it was a very long visit but new baby is totally healthy! It’s a girl"

Bless them AND you!!!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi Now why didn’t I think of that?!?!? This girl must be like Demi! She isn’t lost...... just another genius! I feel much better now! :) Thank you for putting a positive slant on that for me. :redheartpump:

Furballsmom Furballsmom Thank you too! I have to say that I feel like I am blessed. I found her , the vet helped and there are great cat lovers here.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As promised!
This is what happened when the new baby went to see the vet.

She relaxed while we waited and got a belly rub.
5668184B-A580-4F42-AD51-79A39AC175B1.jpeg

She greeted the vet.
E7FD66E7-A79A-40D8-8300-B0E5BDC336FA.jpeg

She took a leisurely bath. Getting the alcohol smell off was important.
CF176CE3-8A83-4AD9-8F3A-07028CE3B52D.jpeg

The bath left her tired so she drifted off to sleep.
55592E10-7F12-4E3F-9956-96B2B3D44461.jpeg

The vet returned with great test results, but woke her up!
2AAC85E3-D1C6-474A-895E-D3182AF80341.jpeg

The vet rewarded her with kitty treats shaped like hearts!
0C730369-BF9A-4C40-8B9B-B246668A0069.jpeg

That made her happy enough to rub against the carrier and get out to explore.

When she was ready to leave she let me know by returning to the carrier. She waited patiently for me to shut the doors. Lol She made biscuits while she waited.

She won the hearts of all and was the calmest kitten I have ever taken for a first vet visit. This is a great little baby! She has my heart too..... but then you all probably know that already. ;)
:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL, too funny!!

Oh my gracious sakes, it does my heart good to hear that there are cats in this world that can handle a vet visit not only with aplomb but to the point of seeing it as a little adventure...AND to hear of a healthy, happy baby. What a gift, what an amazing gift :santa:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's such a cutie pie. Love the pic of her poking her head up through the top of the cat carrier. :catlove: It reminds me of that McDonalds commercial. :lol:

That is hilarious and it does remind me of the way she did! She was up and down sticking her head out too. This is a funny little kitten. I don’t know where she came from but I am watching to see if any more are out there. Maybe she fell from the comet because I’ve never had one that actually enjoyed traveling to a vet! :lol:

LOL, too funny!!

Oh my gracious sakes, it does my heart good to hear that there are cats in this world that can handle a vet visit not only with aplomb but to the point of seeing it as a little adventure...AND to hear of a healthy, happy baby. What a gift, what an amazing gift :santa:
She did seem to see it as an adventure. You just never know what a kitty is going to do. They keep me guessing and never fail to teach me something new! I wish she could teach all the kitties to do that during vet checks! Instead of doing this :dizzycat::climbcat::runningcat::lol:
Very glad you enjoyed seeing her. It was a relief to me that she wasn’t scared.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she is Prime. She is perfect! Top of the line kitty! I really like Comet but I think that sounds a little more like a boy name. Skye and Star sound more girly. We’ll see what she likes and what sticks. Lol If I find that she has a brother out there he will definitely be Comet! Great name suggestions. She really did seem to come out of the blue! M maggiedemi You always have great ideas for names!

Something did eat the food I put out yesterday. They only ate the Shreds with gravy so I’m sure it was a kitty. It could be a cat that visits here. A neighbor two doors down has her and she has always come to visit here. Before I knew my neighbor was feeding her, I was feeding her and had gotten her to let me pet her. I was just about to bring her in when I found out my neighbor was going to get her spayed. She is a black cat I had named Molasses. The neighbor did get her spayed and loves her sooo..... However, if I had known she would be living on her porch and allowed to roam, I would have claimed her first. She seems to be doing well though. Thank goodness. She is now named Blackie.
My neighbor did report seeing a black and white male cat cross over into the subdivision across from us but she thinks it is a pet. I have not seen it down my way. We’ll see! Maybe there is a Comet out there.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
As promised!
This is what happened when the new baby went to see the vet.

She relaxed while we waited and got a belly rub.
View attachment 267281
She greeted the vet.
View attachment 267282
She took a leisurely bath. Getting the alcohol smell off was important.
View attachment 267283
The bath left her tired so she drifted off to sleep.
View attachment 267284
The vet returned with great test results, but woke her up!
View attachment 267285
The vet rewarded her with kitty treats shaped like hearts!
View attachment 267286
That made her happy enough to rub against the carrier and get out to explore.

When she was ready to leave she let me know by returning to the carrier. She waited patiently for me to shut the doors. Lol She made biscuits while she waited.

She won the hearts of all and was the calmest kitten I have ever taken for a first vet visit. This is a great little baby! She has my heart too..... but then you all probably know that already. ;)
:)
:thud:What a beautiful sweet baby. I adore her! :loveeyes:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama She is as sweet as they come. I don’t see how anyone could resist this little love!

I spent time trying to get her to play today but she really only wants one thing....... snuggles. So she got them! She has gained a lot of attention from the other cats. Every time I exit her room there is a crowd outside her door. They all want to meet her but she needs some time. Thus far she has been a little intimidated by having about 15 new cat faces waiting to greet her at once!

Our smiles for tonight come again from our newest baby. I just can’t resist. My foster friend has already fallen for her too so she may not be with me very long. Bad for me but great for her. I am going to enjoy every second I can before the possibility of her leaving me. Such a snuggler! I find I am smiling every second I am with her.

Rather pet than play!
08E79D08-8624-4DAC-BCD4-6472710114AA.jpeg

Awww! Loving looks just make me melt. I’m a sucker for these looks!
AB6D9C94-2B2B-43B5-9B9C-464DD8B3CA94.jpeg

Ummmm. Head scratch curls the tail it feels so good.
E2D2B83E-B58E-47EA-B4EB-AF1A331E7E93.jpeg

What is that thing Mom calls a camera?
562D7888-67A9-41B1-BDF6-2E74B4114E32.jpeg

Never mind. Head butts are more important!
B8A81A26-A341-4A0C-ADC6-A16DD2C274B5.jpeg

Head butts bring head pets!
7F7730B1-A881-488F-889E-1ABA1104ADCC.jpeg

Laying down and rolling over brings chest scratches....
5F8FE2E3-19C0-4A78-839E-D4631E3784A4.jpeg

Which lead to belly rubs......(tail curling)
3C337C3B-256F-4A21-B577-0F002B52C628.jpeg

and making air biscuits...... ( with more tail curling)
A981241F-8C9E-4014-A36F-54CD4235CF00.jpeg

The best snuggles curl the tail up completely! :lol:
552296AD-1735-4A3B-80CA-4CB9A43889F6.jpeg

This is a very , feel good, kitty. For me and for her! :p :catlove: Could she be any cuter or make my smile any bigger?

I hope she made everyone else feel good! I wish you could all hold her too!
:purr: :heartshape: I hope my attempts to share the love get through!

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama She is as sweet as they come. I don’t see how anyone could resist this little love!

I spent time trying to get her to play today but she really only wants one thing....... snuggles. So she got them! She has gained a lot of attention from the other cats. Every time I exit her room there is a crowd outside her door. They all want to meet her but she needs some time. Thus far she has been a little intimidated by having about 15 new cat faces waiting to greet her at once!

Our smiles for tonight come again from our newest baby. I just can’t resist. My foster friend has already fallen for her too so she may not be with me very long. Bad for me but great for her. I am going to enjoy every second I can before the possibility of her leaving me. Such a snuggler! I find I am smiling every second I am with her.

Rather pet than play!
View attachment 267402
Awww! Loving looks just make me melt. I’m a sucker for these looks!
View attachment 267403
Ummmm. Head scratch curls the tail it feels so good.
View attachment 267404
What is that thing Mom calls a camera?
View attachment 267405
Never mind. Head butts are more important!
View attachment 267406
Head butts bring head pets!
View attachment 267407
Laying down and rolling over brings chest scratches....
View attachment 267408
Which lead to belly rubs......(tail curling)
View attachment 267409
and making air biscuits...... ( with more tail curling)
View attachment 267410
The best snuggles curl the tail up completely! :lol:
View attachment 267411
This is a very , feel good, kitty. For me and for her! :p :catlove: Could she be any cuter or make my smile any bigger?

I hope she made everyone else feel good! I wish you could all hold her too!
:purr: :heartshape: I hope my attempts to share the love get through!
Oh.My.Cat, what a dear little one! I would be hard pressed to ever leave her! Is BJ out and about with the other kittys?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
surya surya Thank you for the encouragement. You know what it will be for her to get a home but you are right. This snuggle bug should win a home with her super sweet nature.
Always a big plus for them.

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Yep! It’s going to be verrrry hard to let her go, especially since she came to me immediately like she did. I almost feel like some are meant to be with me but I can’t keep them all. If I were ever to have the set up and resources needed..... well :lol: I’m sure you know I would build Kitty City!
I kind of hope to do something for the kitties at some point if I can ever work out getting proper help and the right new location. I need to get some things in order but the future can hold dreams for us all! We’ll see as things go along.

Sounds like it’s time for a BJ update! I think everybody is dream to BJ. Lol Such a good guy it’s easy to understand why.
Bj is not running free at all times yet but he is having time to be out and getting to know the others. I have to alternate giving “out” time to several different ones. It’s a rotation to get all cats socialized and working with many at once is a balancing act. BJ is doing very well with his out time though. He is becoming less nervous. After being out most get kind of nervous. A bit over stimulated so they are then given the option to return to their private spaces. They seem to enjoy going back. I can’t blame them. With so many here it is a little overwhelming. Especially since a couple of the girls tend to swat the guys. Thrasher is all spunk and she doesn’t hurt anybody but she will pop them if she wants them to move over. Very intimidating if you are the new guy. Lol The cats that are used to being around her just take it in stride and understand that this is just Thrasher being Thrasher. :gingercat: Some poke her back and others just give her that ,” again? Really?!?!? “, look and walk away. Mackie gives the most amusing reaction by standing up on his back legs to appear larger, kind of like a bear, and waves his front paws at her. It works every time and cracks me up. He never even has to touch her. She always looks confused and backs up.

Here is the BJ update. Bj is now letting me sit on the floor, pick him and and put him in my lap!!!!! I have to be cautious, so no photos of that yet but I’ll work towards getting one. I think the new photos of his progress might be surprising for those who have followed his story and my repeated swat wounds. ;) These should bring some smiles!
This is what I think BJ would like to say to me.

Being out with everyone else makes me nervous.
07AAD878-C121-4799-B7B1-390ACBAE0171.jpeg

Gotta watch my back!
1FCD3486-82BA-4889-B07A-A6E58188469B.jpeg

If I rub my head REALLY fast against Mom my scent will be everywhere and the other cats will know it!
BFC6C7BE-540C-4C95-9F89-FD398217FB30.jpeg

Mom? Can you just hold me close for a minute?
01C06FC1-9825-4D2C-BA6D-DB103EBAD4FD.jpeg

Is that okay Mom?
BD40DBAD-AAF6-4824-A1AA-53DD97237E8C.jpeg

It’s all good BJ. How about a snuggle.
A5C9EF57-201C-4E39-AF63-3526A9C34B38.jpeg

I feel pretty good now. I’m gonna watch the other kitties.
B4A54A0E-9A2C-4746-9347-71976C64E743.jpeg

Good boy BJ! I love you.
D84BD36C-BC67-42D8-8360-9567600A28FF.jpeg

Love you too Mom! :)
4CDF69DA-919A-4C02-A6F3-C643363A52A9.jpeg

He’s getting less feral by the day. Snuggles from this guy are huge snuggles! Notice that I am trusting him to be right up against me and close enough that he could swat my face if he wanted to. He got his first Mom version of a kiss on the top of his head today. Granted it was done quickly! :lol: Still, it was a great moment. Of all the ferals, he could do me the most harm if he wished. Instead, he is going to be a lap cat. Awwww BJ! :heartshape:My guardian. :clapcat: He’s doing just fine. In time he won’t be as nervous but for now he still needs my reassurance. I think he’s pretty amazing considering all he has been through as he guarded all the feral colony and me. It’s his turn to be protected now.

I hope everyone has as an amazing night,:catlove: just like we did. Dreams do come true. Even the ones we think are impossible.:redheartpump::sunshine:

Status
Not open for further replies.