My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m not really sure what Bonjure is. Lol I was taking care of a very old feral Tom outside and had not yet brought him in. One cold and rainy Christmas night I went out to spend some time with him I’m his shelter. It was tarps that formed a room with my patio furniture and Hester inside as well as a bed for him. He wasn’t inside! I got worried and called him. ( This cat had stayed away until I accidently discovered he spoke French. In frustration at him giving me a wide bert I said,” okay! Bonjure le Chat!” He cane running to me. Obviously not the feral but a lost kitty) After calling him a few minutes I heard something. He came towards me out of the dark with something in his mouth. He dropped it st my feet. It was a little black ball of fur that was struggling to breathe. It was Bonjure. ( named sobecsusd he answered to that and must have heard me say it to Marcus at some point) Bonjure had asthma but recovered to be an inside kitten and grew up as my real baby. Marcus passed away very shortly after bringing me Bonjure. I was crushed to lose Marcus and that made Bonnie even more a part of my heart. I couldn’t give that one up. Bonnie remains a baby even now. He wants to be picked up like a human toddler by holding his front legs up for me to pick him up. He puts them around my neck and jumps into my arms. Taking him outside to be held in my coat was a treat for him that others would have resented. Bonjure is now huge! Apparently the Maine Coon line from around here. All black and fluffy. He is the baby of the family even now. My snuggle boy. Every day I wear this black fur scarf around my neck! Lol Tucked inside my coat just reminded him of when he was a little one and I carried him that way all the time. Sweet baby!:bigeyes:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was thinking that it might be nice to sort of review the past year a bit. Since there have been a lot of kitties, maybe if I start now, we can be finished by the first of the new year. Especially since I will also be doing updates on the kitties that I am still working with. Hard to believe that none of them are outside now so I think this is a celebration of kitties!

We’ll begin at the beginning!

Uncle Mitty his sister Beauty, Inkjet, and Blue were the ones that made me aware there was a problem to address. I had noticed Four young cats had been dumped here. They were semi feral but quickly learned to trust me and I worked to be able to bring them in. I was able to pet all four but two were much tamer. Beauty and Uncle Mitty were a tightly bonded pair and the most tame but Uncle Mitty disappeared for several weeks. Beauty was frantic. When I finally did find Uncle Mitty again he was wild eyed and unapproachable. He also had an electrical tie wrap fastened around his neck so tightly it was choking him. After his sister and I stayed with him and worked to approach him I was finally able to cut the tie from around his neck. When I did he practically fell into my arms. I immediately brought him inside with his sister following me closely behind. That was the beginning of it all. Over the next weeks and months other disturbing things took place. One sister died here. I discovered they had other siblings too and started feeding them outside to try and catch them. As I did this the ferals from the woods began to come here to eat as well. I soon realized that there were large numbers of cats in the swamp around this area. That was the start of my feral and rescued cats. We’ll start with

Uncle Mitty,left and Sistee Beauty
082852BF-E3D3-412F-98A9-FB6667F9C4E2.jpeg

Beauty before coming an inside girl!
82A1B63A-F26F-449A-98AE-31377EEA5999.jpeg

Feral Goldilocks with two of her baby bears, Kodiak and Mountain Bear
40691F28-D5BF-48B1-99A4-D33C3F285130.jpeg

My previously rescued, Lady. She came from the last feral colony I had brought in.
C5A4EFD5-6418-430B-A1E1-7095B4B71FC0.jpeg

Smokey. Also from the previous feral colony.
A233EB9F-DD1E-45B1-9959-C02C130F22B0.jpeg

Inkjet. Appeared on the property with Beauty, Blue, and Uncle Mitty.
5CF427F9-F33C-4E36-AE0C-2339F5484E7F.jpeg

Inkjet and Blue. Blue is still wit me. He was not an easy one to catch until he married Goldilocks and had babies with her. When I caught her and the babies he came to be with her willingly. He is still with Goldie today.
BC14C511-C248-47F0-A16F-87325042225F.jpeg

Chessie. Baby to Beauty who was already pregnant when I brought here in. Surprise!
B02EA906-F9A4-49FC-BA56-3F588C64684F.jpeg

Beauty’s other two babies, Emogi on right and Bea on left.
6578793A-5BAE-41BE-8BF6-6C1EAC6CDB5D.jpeg

Shakespeare and the following five babies were siblings abandoned by their Mom.
9770981E-A888-446A-B2E8-AEC76F7D28CE.jpeg

Domino
F77F9E3C-5E4C-4311-92FA-0B579FECA130.jpeg
8D02E7C0-85B3-4A56-A6C6-AE872F45120B.jpeg

Theater
1F10FA75-3DE5-4DB2-976A-BE825EF6CCCF.jpeg
F05AA3E4-B8D8-4DB4-8B50-533F23DC6E9A.jpeg

Churchill
47337133-A5E8-48C5-875D-3550F0EE4766.jpeg
4EC7DBBA-560B-408C-965B-70A55B4C6B1D.jpeg

And Harlequin
3D63049A-61C2-40EA-9FEB-88CE42C9E5BF.jpeg

Churchill and Harlequin were also my first success stories. They were my first feral babies from this colony that got adopted. It was November 16, 2017 when they left here for , what turned out to be wonderful new homes!
42EB656E-8F96-4BCB-B34F-2A0FB1F6569B.jpeg

I still get updates on them today. Harlequin went to live with a little girl in a very large home North of me. The little girl and Harlequin remain inseparable still. Harlequin is her best friend and Harlequin has slept in her arms since day one.
Churchill went to love with a young married couple in a city near me and he has grown into a gorgeous fluff ball. He is the heart of their little family and goes everywhere with them.

This is what Churchill looks like now!
8DB4EDB0-80A2-49AC-BDA6-A39DA1214F3C.jpeg

It’s funny but I would still recognize that face! He may be all grown up but he hasn’t changed. The expression on his face is my little Churchill still!
A very happy ending to my first feral kitten adoptions out of this colony. Every time I see his face, I smile!
That’s the first 15 of my recent colony and two of my previous rescues. 17 cats total.
I hope these sweet faces made you smile just knowing that they are all settled now.

The kitties here are all well. They are all sleeping around me as I tell their stories.
Think of happy cat tails as you go to sleep tonight. :purr:Goodnight everyone!:zzzcat:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am hoping to do sort of a summary of all the kitties since many are kind of unknown to a lot of people. Many were brought in our adopted out right before I started writing here. I think most people know that I dealt with better than a hundred this year but not the whole story. I think sometimes I mention one and everybody is , well who is that? There were actually 19 that were killed and one that died of illness but I figured I would NOT go into that part very much. I’d rather stick to the more positive and amazing things that happened with and to these great kitties. A lot of fantastic purrsonalities have come my way in the past year and when I was going over my photos I thought it would be nice to remember every great furry friend that I got to make. Each one was very special. I was given lots of smiles and laughter last year and maybe we can all share that! :lol:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am hoping to do sort of a summary of all the kitties since many are kind of unknown to a lot of people. Many were brought in or adopted out right before I started writing here. I think most people know that I dealt with better than a hundred this year but not the whole story. I think sometimes I mention one and everybody is , well who is that?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought I turned the radar off. No kitties out there and no food either! I had told a friend that I dreamed there were kittens out there! Lol My subconscious was worried that I might find more, or so I thought! Rats! She is precious! I already love her and I haven’t finished with the ones I have yet. What if she has siblings? Oh no! I thought I was going to do the review of the year but we’re gonna be a bit sidetracked.
M maggiedemi Can you wait for the next installment? Sorry! I gotta go look to se if any others are out there. Any younger folks want to come help?!?!? :runaround::doh:
Photos later. The woods are going to get dark soon and it’s cold. Gotta go.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need a little advice, since I don't have kids, and don't know much about them.

A little girl here tries to get random cats into her house. They got a cat in. I should have rescued the cat before she got it. Now the cat is dead and they want another one. This girl looks like she is 7 or 8 and she has two younger siblings. I don't know how the cat died and I think either it was neglect or the father killed it, as they say he hates cats. When I asked her what happened to the cat she had, she said it died, but it still had it's eye's open and a neighbor lady took it and made it alive again and she has it. I figure it's one of two things, either a religious lady was trying to explain Heaven to her and she misunderstood or it was my psychopath neighbor who lies at the drop of a hat. I did not say anything to the little girl when she told me this. But now I'm thinking about telling her that the cat is not alive and the neighbor did not bring it back to life, I want her to know that killing cats is wrong. I know your going to say I should talk to her parents. I would not feel comfortable doing that for many reasons. Should a stranger talk to kids about big issues like death, if they know another stranger is telling them lies? Or should I mind my own business. P.S. The tortie girl Indie is getting rescued, so she will not be their next victim, yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.