My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
:thumbsup: tabbytom tabbytom I am so glad to hear you are recovering well from your eye surgery.tgat is very good to hear.
Jcatbird Jcatbird Thinking about you. Hope all is well and you will be back on soon again.

Since N NY cat man used the term "older than dirt" and joked about string can phones, I thought I post the "Older than Dirt" Quiz. A trip down memory lane for some. I consider myself not a spring chicken but on this quiz I am a "young whipper snapper". I'll take it. :yess: We are all getting older so we will all be "Older than dirt" soon enough. :lol: Age like fine wine and never lose your sense of humor. Hope you have fun reading this.❤
Older-than-dirt-quiz.jpg

Also here is another pretty fall pic. I would love to pull a Mary Poppins and hop into it. Beautiful!
Fall-Android-Wallpaper-1080p.jpg

Last edited:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:thumbsup: tabbytom tabbytom I am so glad to hear you are recovering well from your eye surgery.tgat is very good to hear.
Jcatbird Jcatbird Thinking about you. Hope all is well and you will be back on soon again.

Since @NYused the term "older than dirt" and joked about string can phones, I thought I post the "Older than Dirt" Quiz. A trip down memory lane for some. I consider myself not a spring chicken but on this quiz I am a "young whipper snapper". I'll take it. :yess: We are old getting older so we will all be "Older than dirt" soon enough. :lol: Age like fine wine and never your sense of humor. Hope you have fun reading this.❤

View attachment 432123
Also here is another pretty fall pic. I would love to pull a Mary Poppins and hope into it. Beautiful!
View attachment 432124
I aced it. I remember all of them. Oddly enough, I don't remember what I had for lunch yesterday.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
I aced it. I remember all of them. Oddly enough, I don't remember what I had for lunch yesterday.
I am a young whippersnapper and neither do I remember what I ate yesterday for lunch. I chalk it up to not eating anything interesting enough to remember. Don't worry you are not the only one. 🙂

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I eat the same thing every day for lunch, so that's never gonna be a problem.
My house was built in 1937 and it has a little door that the milkman could put the milk in and someone in the laundry room could open the other side and get the milk. I don't drink milk. The house also had fuses! That got upgraded, of course, to breakers. There are some outlets that I haven't figured out -- they're not regular outlets and I have no idea what they were used for.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I eat the same thing every day for lunch, so that's never gonna be a problem.
My house was built in 1937 and it has a little door that the milkman could put the milk in and someone in the laundry room could open the other side and get the milk. I don't drink milk. The house also had fuses! That got upgraded, of course, to breakers. There are some outlets that I haven't figured out -- they're not regular outlets and I have no idea what they were used for.
Depending on the arrangement of the slots, those outlets could be for 220 volts. They were made so you couldn't insert a 110 volt plug. That's just a guess, though.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depending on the arrangement of the slots, those outlets could be for 220 volts. They were made so you couldn't insert a 110 volt plug. That's just a guess, though.
It's not even really slots. I can't describe them. I'll have to take pix and post them. There's one of these in the living room and one in an alcove in the hallway. I was thinking they might be for some old radios? But I have one of those that belonged to my grandmother -- it has tubes and I don't think it has any cord or plugs at all (it's in the garage so it's hard to get to). I've never seen anything like these.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
neely neely , I'm glad to hear Carleton is better!
And tabbytom tabbytom , that your eye is better!

I've been reading but not posting much. Except in Wordle, am hooked.

I'm Older Than Dirt! I remember all but one of those things, had most of them. But I've never liked anise flavor so never heard of Black Jack Gum. A stroll down memory lane. Ike was president when I was born.
Lovely lovely fall picture. My favorite season since I was a kid.

N NY cat man , we had phone numbers with a 2 letter prefix. I still remember the one in Houston.

Jcatbird Jcatbird , with everyone else thinking of you!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I thought I post the "Older than Dirt" Quiz
I scored an 9, so I'm "getting there". :lol:

Jcatbird Jcatbird : Miss you. Hope you're doing ok, and will get your phone/internet issues straightened out soon.
Love to you and the clowder. :heartshape:

Looks like Hurricane Fiona is still headed my way. We'll know more tomorrow as to how bad it will be. But I think the chances of it totally missing us are pretty much zero now. :nervous:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope you feel better soon, strider rose strider rose -- get plenty of C.A.T. (Cat-Assisted Therapy)! Lots of purring!
rubysmama rubysmama Hoping Fiona will peter out before it reaches your shores.
And yes, I'm pretty sure everyone here misses you, Jcatbird Jcatbird ! *PRAYERS* for you and everyone at/associated with Chez Catbird to be well, and for you to be back up and running SOON. :agree:

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama , pearl99 pearl99 Maria Bayote Maria Bayote and everyone else else. I am glad you enjoyed the quiz and fall pic. Maria, Bourbon looks so handsome. I hope he is doing okay. As I said before we will all be old as dirt someday. Even me-a little ol' whipper snapper.😉 It is fun to remember old times and how things once were. Sometimes I do miss the "good ole days'. Well have a good evening, night, or whatever it is in your neck of the woods. :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:
Jcatbird Jcatbird I hope everything is getting back to normal and you grace us with your presence soon strider rose strider rose feel better soon
.:heartshape:

Status
Not open for further replies.