Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hope you get a day to rest your fingers, hands, wrists, etc. :heartshape:

Then figure how many cans of cat food I opened this past year..... no idea of that total, at least 50 to 60 a day,
That's a lot of cans to open! Do you use a spoon or something under the pull tap to make it a little easier?

Maybe I should talk to :santa: about that keyboard!
Or maybe Santa Claws :catman:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama That is one of the nicest Santa’s I have ever seen! I can see now how he can fit down the chimney! That is one of the funniest videos I have ever seen! My cats would never cooperate. They would just fall over like a bicycle without a kickstand and give me a dirty look. I guess that really is Santa! My Dad would love this too! Next time I visit him I’m going to show him. I don’t think he would be able to find us but maybe I can direct him to it before Christmas. I know he would laugh as much as I am. Priceless! Thank you for a giant :santa:Ho Ho Ho! :flail:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama Still laughing. I keep going back to look at that again! :flail:
Santa Claws! I am going to make a costume like that and see if even one of my cats will wear it long enough for me to take a video! One of the kittens I raised and adopted out actually liked wearing a Halloween costume. His Mom sent me pictures. Maybe I’ll have to make him a Santa outfit. Shakespeare, now appearing as Santa! :lol:

surya surya Really funny wasn’t it? Would your cats wear that?

Furballsmom Furballsmom Congratulations! Positively wonderful!

@tarasgirl06 Congratulations! You really do send out great info!
To both of you, I know you do it for the kitties! Thank you for what you do!

Thank you to whoever put the names out there! I am very appreciative! A positive day for me, for sure! :hellocomputer::heartshape::sunshine:

Now my laugh for today comes from an accident with Banjo. Did you ever toss a cat a treat?

Banjo! Want a treat? I’m tossing it to you!
06DFC959-B535-4943-9D89-BBB3C1E5076B.jpeg

Okay! Where is it?
96359988-EC4C-4041-A791-02377A233E91.jpeg

Did Mom throw it? ( Notice the treat landed on Banjos’ back! It’s the light colored square on her rump!)
CDC3227F-8F6A-4D06-BF97-7A829E88D0C0.jpeg

Where did it go?
6683C725-9602-4D53-A807-58551F1DF99C.jpeg

Did Mom really throw it?
96C3521C-187A-4A53-ADAB-EE03A14877FD.jpeg

It’s right there Banjo!
9636D4D0-1AE0-4299-B194-C7D8717EC62E.jpeg

Banjo doesn’t see it.......!
79730657-2202-4B95-A97E-83E301E4E8ED.jpeg

It’s not nice to fool Banjo Mom! Banjo wanted a treat!
8A9B32A7-DB67-4917-8888-D19EEEB6AB82.jpeg

Don’t expect Banjo to speak to you for awhile Mom! Really wanted that treat!
B6F5A3C6-6481-4CB1-9011-FD432B3F2920.jpeg

Sorry if some of the photos are blurry but I had to giggle at her expressions! That treat stayed on her back for half an hour while she looked around for it. She never did find it. I finally got it off her back and in front of her mouth. It took a minute for her to forgive me for laughing and eat the treat. Poor Banjo! Deprived and I laughed. :alright: Forgive me Banjo but your expressions are worth a thousand words! I do love my kitties!
I’m making it up to her with a LOT of petting tonight!:petcat:
Sleep well and smile in your dreams everyone!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I doubt I would survive the experiment! Hekitty does NOT tolerate being trifled with well at all!

As for that treat, you haven't lived until a cat has troted through the living room singing, "With a nick-nack, paddy-whack, give the cat a treat/Or she'll throw Mama in the street!"

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I doubt I would survive the experiment! Hekitty does NOT tolerate being trifled with well at all!

As for that treat, you haven't lived until a cat has troted through the living room singing, "With a nick-nack, paddy-whack, give the cat a treat/Or she'll throw Mama in the street!"
Ha! Hekitty is a special cat! I did consider myself lucky that Banjo is a smaller cat and forgave me after much attention and extra treats. I just couldn’t get over the fact that she never got up to even look for the treat. She expects them to appear before her and not land on her back! She felt it land but I guess she just wasn’t going to dignify it all with struggling to get to it! I gave her treats today but put them on her dish. Lol

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night it rained all night so I had no chance of seeing the night sky. Tonight the clouds passed and the sky was visible. I left most of the kitties inside but took Bonjure out with me to view the stars and look for the comet. In the past I always bundled up with Sarah to go out and view the meteor showers or other Winter sky events. Tonight my Black Fluff Giant, Bonnie bundled up with me to watch. My camera did not catch it well but I wanted to share with anyone who might like to see. It took some time but we finally saw this.
5B704D25-16CB-4441-96EF-98A563151D15.jpeg

A comet. We watched until the cold drove me back inside.

Apparently all the kitties wanted to go. We were greeted as we came back inside!

Whistle, Banjo and Mitsy wondered where we had been.
553A9DD2-15E3-47B8-9A9D-D3270D755520.jpeg

Lady wanted to know why she hadn’t been taken out too.
6E41FB1D-D5B0-4683-9BB9-78B2E7B35D07.jpeg

Dolly looked to see if I had brought in any treats......
58069917-DBA4-4B96-BB08-A9FDFDDF48E6.jpeg

But Thrasher was caught taking advantage of my abscence. She opened a bag of treats, all by herself! :lol: This is the most innocent expression I have ever seen on her face unless she was asleep! For anyone trying to learn how to understand what their cat is telling them through their body language.....an innocent expression ALWAYS means they have been doing something that they know is forbidden. I love this picture!
ABB89C95-1423-40F5-8211-BD7BFFFD922F.jpeg

A more common Thrasher expression is more animated, like this......
933C1B6A-DBDC-40F5-959A-58DC89638672.jpeg

Or this.....:insertevillaugh: She ate the whole bag of treats!
BBB1D4A4-1845-4039-A5B2-B73805D59DBD.jpeg

Maybe that’s really why the other cats were waiting by the door. Thrasher woukdn’t share the treats! ;)

A short BJ update.
There were treats?
C9ECEB97-4C5E-43B8-B57A-CEC8BFF75E73.jpeg

Don’t eat Thrasher BJ.
530F2561-CF8E-405E-9E68-F7AE52913748.jpeg

How about some snuggling instead?
96CF5FD0-C0FE-4D65-8725-8E5357E2CEFE.jpeg

Rats! No treats.
C2085699-5DF2-4E6D-94EB-0252A63D2414.jpeg

It’s okay buddy. I’m going to the store tomorrow for cat treats!
8A26F7D2-0F10-4CBE-A190-E8D560183095.jpeg

He’s really becoming a wonderful inside kitty. We snuggled and he was very happy to be petted. He didn’t swat anyone and he got a little bit of chicken along with everyone else. He’s now in his carrier asleep and looks completely content. Pretty amazing considering how recently he came inside to join our family!
I hope you all sleep as contentedly as BJ tonight. :catlove::redheartpump:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
You were lucky you got to see a shooting star! Mr Husband and I got all bundled up in warm clothes and waited in the car for 90 minutes or so, but it was too cloudy and too cold to stay out longer than that.

Shame, because a picture of shooting stars over a snow covered Mount Fuji would have been really special. Never mind.

I love the look on Thrasher's face. She's such an expressive little things. Give BJ a snuggle from me.

:lovecat:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes, that video is so cute. My cats will not let me so much as put a santa hat on them, I tried once.
It took me forever to notice the hind legs on the cat in that video. Not sure if that reassured me, or made me feel less comfortable about the video. We did put a doll dress on a kitten once, and she was fine, so hopefully that cat was ok too.

As you can see in my avatar, I tried putting a Santa hat on Ruby last year. She wasn't exactly impressed. ;)

And this pic is from the first year I had her. I'm sure the hat was off her head a second after I took the picture.

:flail:

I left most of the kitties inside but took Bonjure out with me to view the stars and look for the comet.
You saw the comet!!!! How cool. That's an advantage of living in the country.

I used to love star gazing and watching for meteors, but it's so hard in the city. I live in a suburb, so lots of neighbours with outdoor security lights that stay on all night. My own house has motion lights, so I'd be blinded just going into my back yard!

Glad you got to see it though! And that you had Bonjure for company. :catrub:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama I did notice the great Avatar and the second picture made me laugh. My cats would do the same or worse! They’d probably try to destroy the hat. As for the cat in the video, it looks like the kitty tolerated it really well. I have had cats that didn’t mind wearing something if they were chilly and my friend has a cat that actually loves clothes!:dunno: I’ve also had dogs that either loved or hated wearing something to keep them warm or dry. When I lived where we had ice storms I had a small dog that would vanish if he went in deep snow. He liked wearing something to stay dry and warm and would jump in the snow. The cat I had at the time wouldn’t even go out if it snowed. They all have their own ideas.

Seeing the comet was a real treat! It does pay to live where it’s perfectly dark at night. I used to spend a lot of time with Sarah stargazing. The Lunar eclipse was something we did together and I took tons of photos. It was a beautiful time for us to share. Bonjure seemed to enjoy it too. I took him because he was already dressed for the cold. As a giant fluff ball I doubt he ever felt the chill. I did keep him close inside my jacket though. We kept each other warm.:)

We also had a tiny earthquake over the weekend. Northwest of me. My family felt it but I didn’t. No injuries or damage though. Most people think of them on the other coast but we have them here too.

M maggiedemi I kind of knew Thrasher ate them all because she was guarding the bag in the kitchen while all the other cats were waiting for me by the front door. It is possible they were just trying to throw the blame on Thrasher though! Cats do that sort of thing.:lol:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan So sorry you missed the stars! We had heavy cloud cover on the best night for viewing. You still could see a few though. The passing comet seems to bring meteors too. A view of falling stars over Mt. Fuji would be a fantastic photo! I’d love to see it if you ever get that shot! There are schedules online that tell the best chance and viewing time in different parts of the world. Maybe there’s still an opportunity! :)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Bonjure seemed to enjoy it too. I took him because he was already dressed for the cold. As a giant fluff ball I doubt he ever felt the chill. I did keep him close inside my jacket though. We kept each other warm.:)
Is Bonjure a former feral? I ask, because no way would Ruby let me hold her inside my jacket outside, or anywhere. She's not a former feral, at least I don't think she is, but she HATES being held or restrained in any way. Lap naps, and snuggling beside me in bed are all fine. Just so long as she doesn't feel restrained.

Status
Not open for further replies.