My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hey! I just realized the kitties and I have been members here just over 1 year! Time to celebrate! :party2:
:woo: :banana1: :banana2: :bunnydance: :celebrate: :bunnydance: :banana2: :banana1: :woo:

I’m glad to be inside Mom.
We're all so glad you're inside BJ. :catlove:

Happy also for all your sisters, brothers, cousins, wives, sons and daughters, and any other feline relative who is inside now too, thanks to your amazing mom.
:heartshape: :petcat::heartshape:

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Man, congrats on the year! ... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OK, now that we gots that out of the way, forget the catnip! What restaurant your taking all of us to eat? You knows, to celebrate! ... :dunno: ... :insertevillaugh:

Poops, I mean, Pops

<---- BTW, to keep the tab down a bit, you could put a stipulation that all members must have at least a 298 post count! ... Gosh, I crack myself up sometimes! ... :lol:

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom Yes Lol!
A azpops Thank you! Well..... we can all meet somewhere in the middle of our locations. Hmmmmm. Where does that put us? Forget the 298! I love newbies too! You just get a bigger desert if you have 298. :lol: With a side of catnip. You crack the rest of us up too!
Lari Lari I’m glad you got a warm feeling from BJ. He’s sooo sweet. Not one swat either! Making progress.
Avery Avery Catnip for all sounds great to me! I wonder what BJ would do if I give him some?!?! Have to try that and take pictures! ( Pictures for you below!)
rubysmama rubysmama Thank you. I am so glad they are safe now. BJ said to tell you though........ the cats are really the amazing ones. I’d be nothing without them! He’s so darn smart! ;) He’s got my number. Lol According to him, he didn’t get caught earlier because he was making sure I saved the best for last. Cats! :clapcat::heartshape:
Okay, we’re trying catnip!
Here’s what happened.

BJ, meet catnip.
EDAD84F9-BE38-4541-9452-EEF17EADA5B1.jpeg

Reaching for the whole thing?
16FB7DA3-7757-4ADA-BB40-10B8C1BEBE89.jpeg

BJ wants out.
F32C3523-38FD-4915-81D8-7FC62478321F.jpeg

Catnip could be better outside the cage!
D6975196-7B1C-4759-8CFA-E8CD32172722.jpeg

Oh! Catnip relaxes BJ?
B96B1101-8EC9-45F1-9497-A941C0DB8135.jpeg

BJ! Your eyes! I think you’ve had enough for now.
2396FBDB-74C2-471E-9D18-ED6E6EB3455A.jpeg

When I saw his eyes , I had to laugh. One minute he was fine and the next, he was under the influence. Wow!
That must have been strong catnip!
BJ enjoyed it but it took awhile to get him up off the floor.:wavey: He didn’t try to swat me though.

Have a relaxed night and catnip for everyone! :thanks:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What restaurant your taking all of us to eat? You knows, to celebrate!
Ha! I've actually dreamt about this, that everybody from TCS meets up in the real world. Usually it's a pool party or dance with a live band. It seems so real while I'm dreaming it. I guess I spend too much time here, if you guys are in my dreams. :D

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom I don’t use catnip often and now you see why! :flail::eek3: Glad it calmed him instead of the opposite.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 The photo is really funny. Holding out a bag of catnip kind of made me feel like I was doing something a little “funny!” Especially when BJ looked up with his eyes all wonky. I felt like I had gotten my baby drunk! Terrible Mom! Lol It isn’t a regular thing around here although they do have some catnip toys. There’s just something different about it being stuffed in a toy. I think we’ll stick to the toys from now on. I know when I bought that it said organic and fresh. I believe them. BJ hasn’t asked for more. Maybe he had a catnip hangover today. I wonder if that’s a thing?!?!? :dizzycat:

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ha! I've actually dreamt about this, that everybody from TCS meets up in the real world. Usually it's a pool party or dance with a live band. It seems so real while I'm dreaming it. I guess I spend too much time here, if you guys are in my dreams. :D
M maggiedemi ; I know i wasn't in that dream, cause if I was, it would've been a nightmare! ... :insertevillaugh: ... :lol:

Pops

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi Sounds like fun! I like the idea. A few slow dances for us ..... not as young folks ,I hope! Dream on. Have some fun there for me too. We’re the cats with us? I can just imagine BJ on a float in a pool. :lol: Better be solid styrafoam. Anything filled with air might get popped.
Right A azpops ? Gotta tell you, you would have to come because you would be the life of the party, I am sure. No nightmare there!

Here is the update on the feral front.
The new shelter I took Liberty and Tortuga to is going to be on Animal Planet soon. I am hoping that will help with funding and adoptions there. Yay! From what I am told it will be on the same day as the Super Bowl. I will update if I learn more. I happened to find out about it because I called to check on my babies during the filming! Ha! Talk about timing! Sounded like chaos but lots of excitement.
Thrasher returned to my lap! All vsluntarily. It’s that snuggle time of year. I was trying to eat at the time but she got her way. Very determined kitty cat!

Thrasher’s going to snuggle!
21719832-6E69-4A32-9E6E-1872B189A772.jpeg

It doesn’t matter if you’re trying to eat.....
D63C1E0C-A6F8-4EC5-8293-F54E7C523A2A.jpeg

Staying here!
B82C1DD8-E5C4-419F-AB87-C8DC96B44943.jpeg

Laying in the lap no matter what!
527BD7D2-9EF6-405B-A872-AA1266CBA192.jpeg

I also got an added bonus. First time climbing in my lap of her own accord, my second most timid rescue, Mitsy!
FEECAC16-67C1-45F9-B0CA-9BB3A03A0B96.jpeg

Who says ferals can’t be,” lap cats?”
A049C495-A08F-4A1D-85C4-27B5B5ADD116.jpeg

I think these girls have decided to make feral statements! :) This is a rare shot of Mitsy. Normally she has her ears back for the camera. Looks to me like she has something to say.

I can’t leave BJ out. Snuggles.....
F1F404CD-BD34-4DC9-AE4C-B21526B375D4.jpeg

And expressing his opinion about people who don’t think ferals can be socialized. BJ! Be polite! Still working on teaching him proper respect and manners. :p
26B93E81-71CD-4872-8641-723737E50287.jpeg

Have a wonderful night!:wave3:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hey! I just realized the kitties and I have been members here just over 1 year! Time to celebrate! :party2:This time last year I was looking at, what I thought was, a hopeless task. I may not have socialized and found homes for every cat yet but all ferals are now safely inside!
Happy belated anniversary Jcatbird.

You've done an amazing job in just a year. I think it took me closer to 4 years to get my first colony all fixed and get the tamer ones in new homes. And I was only dealing with about 40 cats. You've made incredible progress.

Glad to see our boy BJ looking so happy again. Getting fixed won't decrease his popularity with the ladies at all. Little Boy and Marley were both neutered at 6 months, but their girlfriends still love them.

I wonder if we'll see Liberty or Tortuga on Animal Planet? Wouldn't that be great?

This is going to be your house soon:
Funny! That looks a lot like a place I used to live in the North West of Japan. We used to be able to see a few small rice fields between the apartments like that.

M Thomas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Very frustrating, I'm sure. But at least he's safe and sound inside. And being a great watch cat too. :catman:

I just Googled, and you can buy keyboards for phones. Something to consider, maybe.

Android Keyboards: Amazon.com

So funny. :lol:

But then she'd probably end up having to clean up dog puke. :barf:
Jcatbird Jcatbird and rubysmama rubysmama - had excellent suggestion about the keyboard. Use other 8 digits and let your thumbs rest/restore. Teens are even developing 'arthritis' in their thumbs from using texting too much. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To everyone here who responded about Bo’s Mama and her sick cat Simba ( we were all searching the site for them) I just wanted to let you know that I heard from her today. Great news. Double great! Simba recovered and the family has discovered they are expecting their second child! They have their hands full but all is well and I was relieved to hear from her. Congratulations to them all! :woohoo:

Norachan Norachan Thank you for the purraise but truthfully the cats did the,” coming in!” I couldn’t have done it without their cooperation. I just feel very relieved that they are now safe. I was worried sick just over a year ago. I’m sure you know that feeling. When they are living wild, especially here, they are at risk. Now I can stop chasing cats in the woods! Yay! No more late nights hunting Gingerbread babies, trying to trap Thrasher, figuring out if Flowers has babies and where she put them, laying on cold ground at midnight to convince Whistle and Banjo to take food from my hands or trying to keep BJ from running away. Looking back is much nicer than worrying about whether or not I can catch the next kitty. Big, big sigh of relief. I know I still face more socializing and trying to accomplish care and adoptions but just having them all within the safety of the house is huge! Seeing BJ and all the others happy is what matters. I love seeing that Flowers and the others have welcomed him in. Neutered and all! (They’re probably glad he is neutered!:lol: )
It would be neat to see Liberty and Tortuga on television! I don’t know anything about what they filmed but I already the girls are already stars in my eyes. If you were here you could see the twinkle in them.:)

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I love the orchid! Definitely a tiger in there. A lot of orchids appear to have other creatures inside of them. If you look up Peristeria elata you’ll see a tiny, perfect, little white dove in the middle of the flower. For that reason it is nicknamed, “the dove orchid.” One of my favorites to grow.

M maggiedemi I think it’s funny the kitties take you for a game of,” follow the leader.” I can just picture that! Cats do love getting us to do what they want.
Mitsy in my lap was a real surprise. She is so timid I wasn’t sure she would ever do that. I think she saw Thrasher do it and decided it must be okay. Lol Who knows...... maybe one day a kitty will surprise you too! Maybe they would get the idea if you could show them a video of cats doing that.:yess:

M M Thomas Hmmmmm. I actually don’t use my thumbs to text. Index and second fingers. Weird huh? I can use my thumb and am now but for some reason I can text better the other way. More like old school typing to me I guess. But you and rubysmama rubysmama are right about the keyboard. I REALLY need one. I am trying to paint some furniture and a room so I can shift some cats around. My hands are not happy! This little phone is killing me. Obviously I haven’t written all the posts here but we are now at 1600. I guess maybe a third were written on my phone. That’s about 533. Then figure how many cans of cat food I opened this past year..... no idea of that total, at least 50 to 60 a day, scoops from the litter box per day :shocked:( way too many!) and then just normal stuff like , ohhhh, I don’t know, spooning food into my mouth, no wonder my hands are starting to rebel. I can’t blame them. Maybe I should talk to :santa: about that keyboard!

I think I have done all I can for today! Hands down! Can’t leave without at least a couple of pictures though. (BTW my fingers have hit the camera button for cat photos over 7,000 times this year too.) Here are numbers 7001-7003!

Mitsy is a tattle tail! Telling Mom to look!
Smokey isn’t sharing!
DA49AAF0-90EB-4A60-81CD-FD986559BECE.jpeg

Smokey decided to use her little pink tongue :p to steal my supper! You went for the Rice? Really Smokey? Okay. You can have it because I really don’t think I want it now!:lol:
F93003A9-4203-4365-96CB-5E919345AECB.jpeg

Frankly, Whistle doesn’t care. Way to content.:)
85BCE970-B4F9-4C7D-8383-AAFC397DE110.jpeg

Kitties! You gotta love ‘em! They make us laugh. Even when they steal our supper. I’ll be dreaming of eating rice with my chicken tonight. I hope you all dream of something good too! Good night everyone!:heartshape:

Status
Not open for further replies.