My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama :ruminating: I always beg people not to buy those bagged greens or if they do, to WASH THEM FIRST. I never trust anything I can't cook to be clean enough to eat.
Sora is adorable! Thanks for sharing, Jcatbird Jcatbird ! I think Whistle might even think she's cute, because she does have small(ish) ears. And yes, Banjo and Froggie Prince would recognize her, I think!
The food supply is really problematical now. I've read that they're experiencing a shortage of inspectors. That should not be an excuse, but it is.
Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose *PRAYERS* from the heart for you, my friend! "This too shall pass," is something my mom used to remind me of when there was a crisis and I say that change is the one constant of life. My former Pollyanna self isn't too strong, but I do know that if we've come through every crisis up to this point, there's a very good chance we'll come through this one, too. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::hangin:

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone! There is a Peanut Butter recall! :eek::gaah:Possible Salmonella! Beware and check your brand if you love peanut butter! Oh no! I have lots of peanut butter. Yes. Mine is on the list. Bagging it to take to the trash now! CDC: Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Peanut Butter

View attachment 421168
Glad you caught that in time! It's awful that they tell us to throw "bad" things away. It's money out of our pockets and for many of us, those pockets are not deep. What do they expect us to do, starve???

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you caught that in time! It's awful that they tell us to throw "bad" things away. It's money out of our pockets and for many of us, those pockets are not deep. What do they expect us to do, starve???
We took the jars that we had bought back today, and we got a full refund for it, even though we no longer had the receipt. I remember several- I don't recall how many- years ago when there was a similar recall on Peter Pan peanut butter, and to this day BJ's still doesn't carry it; only Skippy and their house brand. All of the Jif has been pulled from the shelves.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm positive for Covid. :argh:Hooo boy. I've had the 4 shots, last one over 2 weeks ago, and no other risks besides age. Who knows where it came from. I did a second home test to verify the positivity. So far very mild, some sore throat and headache. Hope it stays mild.
So, be careful even if you are vaccinated!
I have kitties to keep me company. And there will be movies and reading.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm positive for Covid. :argh:Hooo boy. I've had the 4 shots, last one over 2 weeks ago, and no other risks besides age. Who knows where it came from. I did a second home test to verify the positivity. So far very mild, some sore throat and headache. Hope it stays mild.
Even doctors a lot of the time do not know that the vax DOES NOT prevent from getting COVID. They say it makes it milder and lowers risk of hospitalization or worse. Of course they don't publicize the true facts.
*PRAYERS* for you to have a short-term bout and no long-term effects. Hoping you have a lot of good movies & shows to see/catch up on and get plenty of C.A.T. (Cat-Assisted Therapy). A note of caution: THEY DO NOT GIVE IT but THEY CAN GET IT FROM HUMANS, so please practice the safety protocols strictly around your cats! :hugs::hangin::goodluck::cheerleader:

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
pearl99 pearl99 I am so sorry to hear about that. I hope it remains mild and fully clears up quick enough. Take care.
download (2).jpeg

Thank you neely neely Jcatbird Jcatbird , rubysmama rubysmama and tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 and everyone else for your prayers. I appreciate it. Stay safe everyone. Hopefully there won't be another recall soon. There has been too many in the last year and these food poisoning bacteria(s) are no joke you could get very sick.

Jcatbird Jcatbird I am sorry you got that sick in the past. It makes me want to make or grow my own food. I hope Banjo's new treatment goes well and you keep all the other kitties safe during this time. Well, take care and get rest. Take time for your self. ❤

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Even doctors a lot of the time do not know that the vax DOES NOT prevent from getting COVID. They say it makes it milder and lowers risk of hospitalization or worse. Of course they don't publicize the true facts.
*PRAYERS* for you to have a short-term bout and no long-term effects. Hoping you have a lot of good movies & shows to see/catch up on and get plenty of C.A.T. (Cat-Assisted Therapy). A note of caution: THEY DO NOT GIVE IT but THEY CAN GET IT FROM HUMANS, so please practice the safety protocols strictly around your cats! :hugs::hangin::goodluck::cheerleader:
Thanks. I have lots of hand sanitizer still and masks, good masks! I've actually heard all over that with the vax you can still get it, likely milder and kept out of hospital. But I pay close attention all over all the sites about it, and many people don't I realize.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had what I call food poisoning quite a few times from restaurant food, tinned food, and supermarket food, going back before COVID. The fact is that germs can be anywhere, even on the "cleanest" surfaces and "finest" restaurants. It's luck of the draw. I've gotten pretty sick a few times (multiple puking, and room-spinning dizzy) but so far, thankfully, I've bounced back.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I have lots of hand sanitizer still and masks, good masks! I've actually heard all over that with the vax you can still get it, likely milder and kept out of hospital. But I pay close attention all over all the sites about it, and many people don't I realize.
That's good that it is being publicized. My boss is a doctor and when I told her, she was surprised as she did not know.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama :ruminating: I always beg people not to buy those bagged greens or if they do, to WASH THEM FIRST. I never trust anything I can't cook to be clean enough to eat.
I know I'm taking a risk every time I buy a bagged salad. I used to wash it myself, then stopped doing that. Thanks for the reminder to be more careful.

Oh, pearl99 pearl99 , so sorry to hear that. 🤗 Hope it continues to be a mild case, and you have a quick recovery. :hearthrob:

Thought I'd post a pic of my new baby azalea. I paid full price, but wanted to enjoy its blooms this year. It's very small right now, but will grow, though only 2 to 4 feet tall, and 4 to 5 feet wide. It's an evergreen too, so there'll be leaves all winter.

1653339924716.png

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I'm positive for Covid.
Yes, even if you are vaccinated, you still can be infected. Good thing you did not catch the first wave. That'll be more terrible and more infectious and recovery will be longer. The sub variants symptoms are milder and recovery is faster.

Easiest way to get it is while eating in public places where masks are off.

BE16037B-6D58-4CE3-837C-576D0ABB08DE.gif

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama What a beautiful azalea! I admired my then-neighbors'-now-roomies' white one and had my gardener put one in here but unfortunately it didn't survive. Neither did the white bougainvillea he planted. I wonder if white-flowered plants are somehow more fragile.
N NY cat man Those suPURRvisors look "all business CATual" and I'd definitely toe the line around them.;)

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama What a beautiful azalea! I admired my then-neighbors'-now-roomies' white one and had my gardener put one in here but unfortunately it didn't survive. Neither did the white bougainvillea he planted. I wonder if white-flowered plants are somehow more fragile.
N NY cat man Those suPURRvisors look "all business CATual" and I'd definitely toe the line around them.;)
Indeed; they brook no nonsense.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I am so sorry. Just keep eating healthy food, etc. It is good that you have been vaccinated.
Rest well and enjoy those movies :).
Keep us updated.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Thought I'd post a pic of my new baby azalea.
They are pretty. I wonder if we have them in my country.

Warning........................

Spider in coming!
In my many days of smilelessness, that made me really laugh hard. Thank you.

Different day; different pairing of 'supervisors'
Such beautiful cats!

Jcatbird Jcatbird and to the rest, Have a safe and Happy Tuesday! (Or Monday, depending on which part of the world you are in :redheartpump: )

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I am so sorry. Just keep eating healthy food, etc. It is good that you have been vaccinated.
Rest well and enjoy those movies :).
Keep us updated.
…what Maria said. one person I know w/ your symptoms said actually, chicken noodle soup IS very comforting. She got through it w/ flying colors. May you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.