Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
22CBE4D3-DA4C-4366-858C-B63F2ACFC6CB.jpeg
2C9CCA50-838F-4D5B-9CE2-458A64A698CF.jpeg
Some good news! Baby picture of Bee on left with his brother Emoji. Second pic is Bee now. The first female I brought in was pregnant and had Bee, Emoji and Chessie. I tried to get Bee get adopted as a baby but no takers. Bee was adopted today at almost a year old. My little grumpy face found someone to love. Emoji is still at the rescue center. All her family members have been adopted. I hope she gets a home too!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AE99E44B-66F9-4C8B-A9C3-4E7933458D36.jpeg
I do love those grumpy faces! I can’t help it. They always make me grin. Grumpy faces, silly faces, well, maybe all the kitty faces! Even faces reflecting criticism! Banjo wanted to choose the TV show we watched. Judging by his expression, he didn’t agree with my choice.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
0E775684-4688-4D9A-B925-0CCF8DF166E0.jpeg
Whistle has made great progress. Finally relaxing into indoor life. He was such a nervous kitten I had concerns about him adjusting but spending time with him seems to be working. Yay Whistle! I am confident he will get adopted. I have a lead on a home for him!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
88A2E511-AE69-4395-AC0C-A63E0B3DCFE6.jpeg
Banjo is gaining experience as a photographer. A bit of an ego though. She just takes selfies. She sings too! Amazing green ring in her golden eyes. No wonder she admires herself! I think she will be winning more hearts than just mine. I was given a contact to a new adoption resource today. I will be checking it out and if it seems good I will post it.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I just can't get over your success with bringing these feral babies in and making them into loving housecats! Especially given how old some of them are. Our very own Cat Whisperer!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for that. They really just want love! I can do that. Lol With faces like these how could I not love them?!?!? Their purrsonalities are all different and amazing. These two are a couple of clowns!
I just can't get over your success with bringing these feral babies in and making them into loving housecats! Especially given how old some of them are. Our very own Cat Whisperer!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had an update on Jazzy! She is behaving like a lady and being a great Mom. The foster tells me she is acting like a tame cat. Yay!!!! Go Jazzy.:cheerleader: Although she was tame for me, I had expected her to become one of my “ unadoptable” kitties and to have to live her life with me but now I am hoping she can find a family once she is spayed. Either way it is great news. Her babies are growing, fat and healthy. :cutecat:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
AH, what great news about Jazzy! Seems she has a home and hearth in her future! :clapcat:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never known a male cat (Blue)to stay with one female but this one did. He has guarded Goldie ( Goldilocks) and his children from day one. Their children are the three bears. Mountain Bear, Black Bear and Kodiak. They are a tight knit family. As I get time I will tell the story of this Goldilocks and the three bears. Just when I think I know the “ways of kitties”, I learn something new and amazing. The first picture is Black Bear, second is Daddy Blue on left, mother Goldilocks from center and Mountain Bear in back on right and third picture is Kodiak. All grown now they have remained bonded through outdoor perils and indoor socializing. Black Bear was separated as a kitten but is just as loving of the brothers he adopted for himself as a kitten alone in the world. Rescued kitties that are teaching me something new. More soon!
C2D4DDDE-2A17-4D56-9B6A-D5403A82D7F9.jpeg
207AEEAC-3AE8-43EB-8F58-9B0DD6CEBBA0.jpeg
64D9B9F8-58A8-491F-83D3-F23D347F56C5.jpeg

Attachments

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
61668752-2545-423F-922D-8268F1E5FE17.jpeg
5BFCCC6E-73C7-422B-A162-4C8F5A858CE1.jpeg
My thoughts today were on Thrasher and the three babies I could not trap. They have been missing for some time now. I have been hoping that they moved to a neighbors’ house but I have no confirmation of that. There have been some disturbances in my area so it is concerning. The food I put into the traps everyday remains untouched by any creature right now. Perhaps it is just due to the bad weather that has persisted for so long. I will continue to look for the ferals that remain in the area though. I am still determined to do all I can to get help for the kitties. The flip side is that I had great news today! Three of the kittens that I did catch here that belonged to Thrasher were adopted! ( the fourth is a bit small to go yet) Thank you to the new kitten parents. More news. I posted pictures here a very short time ago of Coal and Jet. They are my most recent kitten rescues. They also got adopted from foster care! It’s raining here but I can still see a bright and shining world! I always hate to part with the kitties but it is also a concern that I may not find homes for them. What if I had rescued all these kitties and ended up keeping them? Wow! It would certainly be my financial undoing, not to mention a physical strain. I am so grateful that there are so many good people who want a kitty to love. I can’t say that I have not had to put in the effort to find help and find the folks who can provide good homes, but they are out there. For anyone who is just starting out with a cat or kitten rescue, I want to tell you that the pay outs are huge! The love you get from the kitties is rewarding in itself but then you also have the delight of putting a kitty in a place where the laughter and love can be continued. You just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other to find your way! ( or one paw) Keep rescuing! Photos are of Coal and Jet.

Status
Not open for further replies.