My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just to cheer you up, while rewriting your well-prepared texts which all disapperared into that black box!

Here is a selection of pretty pictures of my foster cat and kittens. A hobby photographer, who takes pictures for the shelter's website and facebook articles, spent a morning lying on the floor in my "office" (now stray-cat sanctuary - but hopefully only temporarily) snapping happily away at Tiffany (from La Belle Epoque) and Brombear, Heather and Daisy found in "Meadow Lane".

WARNING: These photos are just too lovely for words! They put my attempts to shame - perhaps it's just the camera! 😻
Enjoy!

Here is Mama Tiffany
Tiffany.jpg

Brombear
Brombear (Hans).jpg

Heather
Heather.jpg

Daisy
Daisy.jpg

Me with my two girls (Heather left, Daisy right)
The two girls.jpg

I now have a wonderful collection of brilliant photos - just priceless.
PS Sorry for not managing to remove all pieces of cat litter beforehand :sorry:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I knew it would, but...EVERYTHING from yesterday is lost!
Including that wonderful, and helpful, post from Jcatbird Jcatbird showing how her lattice doors work. Hopefully she can recreate a version of it to post again. 🤗

I know we had a little convo going on in the book of the month club. I did see your comment and had replied! It's too bad it was lost, but I had shades of when we were down for a week back in April, so I'll take this small loss. :hugs:
As did I. So off next to repost my thoughts on everyone's books. At least, Lari Lari , I don't have to ask how many books in the series you read, again, as I did see your reply before everything went into the black hole in cyberspace.

WARNING: These photos are just too lovely for words! They put my attempts to shame - perhaps it's just the camera! 😻
Enjoy!
Pawstively precious pictures, gilmargl gilmargl . Thanks for posting them.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just to cheer you up, while rewriting your well-prepared texts which all disapperared into that black box!

Here is a selection of pretty pictures of my foster cat and kittens. A hobby photographer, who takes pictures for the shelter's website and facebook articles, spent a morning lying on the floor in my "office" (now stray-cat sanctuary - but hopefully only temporarily) snapping happily away at Tiffany (from La Belle Epoque) and Brombear, Heather and Daisy found in "Meadow Lane".

Enjoy!

Here is Mama Tiffany
View attachment 399478
Brombear
View attachment 399479
Heather
View attachment 399480
Daisy
View attachment 399481
Me with my two girls (Heather left, Daisy right)
View attachment 399482
I now have a wonderful collection of brilliant photos - just priceless.
PS Sorry for not managing to remove all pieces of cat litter beforehand :sorry:
A house without cat litter is not truly a home.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
gilmargl gilmargl Honestly, I wouldn't even have noticed, being too enthralled by those stunningly lovely KITTENS!!! They are gorgeous pix. I have twitter friends in Finland, a couple and their two ginger boy cats. They *the people!* have a photography studio, so of course there are a lot of wonderful pix of their cats, including one of their elder boy who welcomes the guests to the shop.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I know we had a little convo going on in the book of the month club. I did see your comment and had replied! It's too bad it was lost, but I had shades of when we were down for a week back in April, so I'll take this small loss. :hugs:
I was a bit worried too. TG we didn't have a repeat of the last time TCS went down. Nearly a week was a bit too much for me--i was having withdrawal symptoms. I need my daily TCS fix or else I go 🤪. :lol:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmmm. I had written soooo many posts. Lol Easy come, not so easy go. Unfortunately, I am a bit short on time lately. Working on the ferals and making progress but having to let someone else take the reins. The dumped cat, made it back! The warehouse is not bothering the kitties but there is so much to the story that I just can’t relate it all now. Still a work in progress.
Judt way too much stuff here right now to detail it. My Brother is struggling with a condition and we don’t know what is coming. I have an infected foot. Lol My luck again! A catio got dropped on it. I have it in a bucket of epsoms salts as I type. Chores are taking much longer right now. Lol
I won’t go back and try to re do everything. Just can’t buy you all know that my love is here for each and everyone. N NY cat man Hettinh a note from the vet was such a kind thing for them to do! Those things do touch us.
Straight on to a post that might actually help someone?
Back to the lattice. pearl99 pearl99 tabbytom tabbytom Although I did not see your post referring to another person who liked the lattice, I did see it in my email. Funny but it was the only thing that came through right then! Lol Hopefully they can be referred here? If not, I will try to work my way there at some point a bit later.I don’t want to post so many pictures there that I hijack her thread.,lol

The key to these lattice panels is using the frame work that is available for it. That keeps the panels from being too flexible or having edges that might be sharp. The framing is just attached with screws.
AF4A0E67-4576-41E3-B042-EB9382A5F4EE.jpeg

At the bottom of each panel corner I used a simple eye screw to act as a fastener. A simple dowel through the panel opening and into the eye holds the bottom secure to the original doorframe. The middle section, about doorknob level is simply held shut with a bungee cord.
5D787277-9BD9-488A-B40A-60DE557B5865.jpeg

All panels are attached to the door frame with hinges. The panels fit exactly into the frame but can fold all the way out into the hallway.
899EF74A-FC46-416A-B2EE-D9C41DCA1029.jpeg

Having panels on many doors that are near each other allows the kitties to use them as a cat maze. Lol
084555AD-25C9-48BE-AEEA-D044CC26B8CA.jpeg

Mountain has mastered pushing the panel out when he wants out but he can also pull it shut if he desires since it fits well without a fastened.
9F1BFEA1-06A8-47E9-9DC8-F3A6EAA6CB7F.jpeg

Mountain, Goldie snd Blue love hanging out in the lattice.
EC8DEFE9-C270-4D4C-955D-AB1692D3CED0.jpeg

Blue visits the girls room a lot!
CCD93D03-FDE1-46B6-9034-FCEFABBB848F.jpeg

If I need to keep any cat inside a room, the dowel st the bottom and the bungee further up are enough to keep all cats inside. If I used this for small kittens, I would put screening on the exterior do that they could not get out of any of the gaps in the lattice.
9E5A6A8A-5BA1-4D3B-A4E4-D93F78E8DC5F.jpeg

Simple. I can still shut the wood door too. Nice thing about the lattice is that air flow is unrestricted.
BBF384B8-18C1-4255-B3D3-1BF4B8ABE5F1.jpeg

The kitties can let themselves in and out of rooms without a hooman to open the doors! Lol
CE31176C-6DFE-4CC6-8236-7512E3B3B53F.jpeg

This is actually just a homegrown dowel. :lol: I have lots of bamboo on the property and it comes in handy for many things.
3A14CB17-2084-42B4-A429-40484A3CC5EF.jpeg

The lattice is handy in other ways. If socializing, there are openings to initiate touching.
57041827-71F4-441B-8195-992A20563461.jpeg

Also, just for watching the world without feeling insecure.
2F516DD0-A7EF-4B07-B85B-4275CBA6A114.jpeg

For ,a very shy, Blue it has really worked well.
B9E64ED8-9A99-44CD-B601-FC6C20E2AD4B.jpeg

This just shows a snug fit with the doorframe and panel frame. It stays put unless a kitty or hooman pushes or pulls it.
46FC1548-85FD-4CE5-BDDE-35175B3C94C2.jpeg

Nice for inviting kitties out!
F3CC5475-4144-4BB9-9B01-A543328E99C8.jpeg

Join us Wanda Heart!’
A74ECBAB-F6B2-47F5-B69A-083C9299221D.jpeg

Having two panels on opposite sides of the hall can also allow me to fasten them together as another wall in the hall. It forms a separate space that is combining two rooms snd part of the hall.
863341E1-83ED-4D21-802F-76284D2EC003.jpeg

I have four hall doors opposite each other do I can have two extra cubby holes breeze ways to other rooms or even have them combine three rooms. Again, just using bungee cords to fasten them where I want them.
BBE7AAC5-98BA-48EE-8A77-450A32BC45F8.jpeg

The kitties love wandering through them.
D6570FA7-70BC-4182-8825-6CD053DCE9D1.jpeg

Snd looking through them!
608E812F-500F-42C2-93E1-E93AF34F82BD.jpeg

You never know when I finger might wiggle by.
6B5783D7-1F84-4D69-9E9C-F1DFBA758C4A.jpeg

Toys appearing in the lattice work must seem a bit like seeing a lizard in a garden wall. Lol
6B10D8EA-D6A4-46C6-B073-CF6435405DF9.jpeg

The hunt is on! Camouflage for kitties!
02784939-A66C-4E2E-9D98-651AE2CE4E3D.jpeg

If they tire of the game, they are free to go visit friends. :lol:
58819D88-F3A0-41F4-97BA-D036E47DA869.jpeg

Returning to your own room is easy enough if you want to go back to bed.
ED2209FC-B0A6-415E-9106-FD34418BF037.jpeg

Callie is behind two panels here. She chooses to stay in a room across the hall for now. Getting out of the girls room for a bit. These lattices are just really lightweight, less cost then a screen door (and in some cases, cheaper than child or doggie gates.)
B1740D8D-31AF-49C3-9913-EFA983AE502A.jpeg

These are not doggie gates. They are lattices for cattices!
86A79A50-CD3B-4128-9BC4-AAEBE688B5DA.jpeg

;):heartshape:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The dumped cat, made it back!
I cannot tell you how happy that makes me! Although, I am not overly surprised that he was able to find his way. Cats are so good about that! One of the first things I tell people whose cats got out after a move is, "Alert your neighbors at your old home. There is a good chance your cat will make his way back there." Four cats are known to have traveled between 1,200 and 1,500 miles, and another traveled almost 1,000 (950).

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The dumped cat, made it back!
So, so, so happy to hear that. :yess: Thanks for all you did to help him/her find the way home. :petcat:

Judt way too much stuff here right now to detail it. My Brother is struggling with a condition and we don’t know what is coming. I have an infected foot. Lol My luck again! A catio got dropped on it. I have it in a bucket of epsoms salts as I type. Chores are taking much longer right now. Lol
Sorry you're going through a stretch of difficult stuff. :alright:

Hope your brother gets the care he needs. And that your foot heals quickly.
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

As for chores, remember the words a wise man just said "A house without cat litter is not truly a home." ;)

Straight on to a post that might actually help someone?
Back to the lattice.
Thanks so much for reposting about the lattice. I'm so certain it will actually help someone someday, that I've bookmarked the post for future reference.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
My Brother is struggling with a condition and we don’t know what is coming. I have an infected foot. Lol My luck again! A catio got dropped on it. I have it in a bucket of epsoms salts as I type. Chores are taking much longer right now. Lol
Hope that your brother's condition is not serious :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

IMG_3834.JPG for your injured leg.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Echoing others' good thoughts and wishes and adding my heartfelt *Prayers* for the returned cat, you and your foot! Please take best care of that!!!, and your brother's health, Jcatbird Jcatbird . It never rains but it pours, yes? :sigh:
Your lattices are wonderful. What a genius idea!
And yes, all the more so since you're working on a phone!!! I'm sure I'm not alone in appreciating the labors of love you share with us.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope that your brother's condition is not serious :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

View attachment 399624 for your injured leg.
Sending good Prayers, good thoughts and vibes your way Jcatbird Jcatbird . I hope your brother's condition improves and that it wasn't anything too serious. I hope your foot heals and you are back to yourself in no time.

Yay!!! So happy the dumped kitty found his way back. I have had some of my ferals go missing for weeks which brought me much worry, but thankfully they found there way home. Cats are very smart, so no surprises there.😉

Status
Not open for further replies.