My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My rescues from Ace Hardware have done very well. The first photo is of one that was blooming when it came home, it's the little ones at the bottom (the top right ones are the snapdragons) but hasn't bloomed all summer til a few weeks ago, not sure why just happy it did.View attachment 399288View attachment 399289View attachment 399290View attachment 399291View attachment 399292View attachment 399293View attachment 399294
I can't see flowers, especially rescue flowers, without smiling! Looks like someone else is happy about these, too!

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
My rescues from Ace Hardware have done very well. The first photo is of one that was blooming when it came home, it's the little ones at the bottom (the top right ones are the snapdragons) but hasn't bloomed all summer til a few weeks ago, not sure why just happy it did.
Love the frog!

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't see flowers, especially rescue flowers, without smiling! Looks like someone else is happy about these, too!
💗 Oh yes, my supervisior is very paws on.😸 We had some chilly rain come in last week so I swapped the sun blocking awning for water and wind proof tarps. I move the flowers back out to the steps every sunny day and back under cover every night since its been chilly.
20211020_191552.jpg
20211020_191509.jpg
20211020_191529.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
💗 Oh yes, my supervisior is very paws on.😸 We had some chilly rain come in last week so I swapped the sun blocking awning for water and wind proof tarps. I move the flowers back out to the steps every sunny day and back under cover every night since its been chilly.View attachment 399306View attachment 399307View attachment 399308
*Making sure you do it right!* What would we do without our suPURRvisors? :goldstar: Makes me think of our time in the Mojave, when we had to put covers over all the outside hose bibs and move the potted plants into the garage, which had a nice big window so they could be protected and get sun.

pearl99

Top Cat
Purraise
I have to jump up and down a bit, Ziggy (lower right) today let Mooshoo (upper left) sit in the sun without any challenge or saying "umm no you can't sit there." That was the case for a long time all over the house. Nice to not have any big quarrels lately, whew! Cuz Moo loves the sun.

MooZiggySun.jpg

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
This rescue beauty has a wishbone. It's one of the ones without an identifier tag but I think it's a torenia.
20211020_215311.jpg
Screenshot_20211020-193157_Gallery.jpg

(Don't freak out for the tied leash. It's only used while one of us is right there and only long enough for her to go down four steps which is too high and she won't jump.)

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Actually, Hekitty did it. Banjo told me so. I think they are in cathoots!

tabbytom tabbytom Different strokes because it was the cat paw that hit the keyboard!;) Next they’ll be telling us we forgot to give them their treats!

strider rose strider rose Hmmm. Banjo and a magic broom. Keep your eyes on the sky! If cat treats drop from above, we’ll know who did that!
rubysmama rubysmama The kitties are wandering about all the time now. That lattice really did the trick for most of the kitties. Wanda Heart was a little slow to leave the room but she does. Mama still thinks she is the Mama of all mama’s and cat swat anyone who lacks proper manners in her opinion. Lol She does go into see the girls and the bears though. Goldie is the most reluctant. Maybe I misinterpret that though. She just really likes peace and quiet. That makes a lot of sense considering she was in the thick of things outside and the victim of the first problems. Now she is just very calm in her space. She didn’t mind the boys going out. Lol As long as they came back. In the meantime, this is what she was doing. Chilling. I invited her to the party but she wanted her catnip in bed.
0DB3BC12-E93A-4C49-9450-DF9F8CCFC9CC.jpeg

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Yes but the boys are out much more lately. I used to have to coax them out but now they just appear in the living room! The girls didn’t even fuss about them showing up. Callie used to be a bit fussy about the guys coming in her room but the whole back part of the house has become a mix of cats from all over. Muffin was in with the bears today. Purry was in with Prints and the girls. I am so relieved to have them all blending happily. No coaxing needed! They do things at their own pace. Having a pretty full view of each other but still having a lattice panel they can open and close on their own made a huge difference. Funny but after trying child gates, screens, plastic sheeting and all sorts of things to encourage interactions, it took me a long time to come up with the lattice idea. :dunno: Don’t know why I didn’t think of it when I passed it hundreds of times while searching for a better way. Lol I’m enjoying watching things continue to progress. No hooman needed!

It was a very fun pawty. Prints did preside. In a room of girls he really took charge this time. He snd Mountain had a good time together. Mountain even tried to run to keep Prints from falling off the bed. Prints caught himself but the look on Mountain’s face was touching. Oh no!!!!! Lol Blue was interested in everyone!
Yes, the world is unsafe in many ways. I think that as technology brings things to our attention with such speed it is harder to deal with so much. Maybe, just maybe it will give us faster response time too? Better information in some ways. If we can filter it well.
The great officer returned tonight! As I mentioned, all cats are here since Pawpurrs Dad is now away. Illness in his family from what I gather. I noticed some issues that needed to be checked out and our wonderful officer came per my request. First he called me and then checked in here. He tells me he is watching over us. May he always be safe and protected.

Ralph and Terry Kovel started a newsletter back in the early 1970’s that I subscribed to. It was always interesting. Kind of like Antiques roadshow in print. They did price guides and Id guides and all sorts of interesting things. I see that there are online versions now. I found some fascinating facts through their publications. Swedish Sri Lankan. Very cool!

Elvis! Purr lover! Nothing is better for peace that free cat love! Sending purrs from us to all there!

With alacrity. Lol Yes.

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 The rescues are thriving! Wow what a difference. You have a very green thumb. I bet they appreciated being rescued! They are rewarding you got your efforts and appreciative of being supurrvised. Gypsy looks especially attentive to them. It’s so cool how you have rigged up special protection for the plants. It’s an oasis for all! I think Gypsy agrees. I love the frog too!
Very observant pearl99 pearl99 Frog yoga in the meditation garden with Gypsy!
That is reason for celebration. Mooshoo and Ziggy catching some rays together! Cats do everything in their own timeframe. Lol Seeet photo of them. May they share peaceful sunny days every day!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our smiles tonight come from a tiny visitor.

What are you doing BJ?
DC4A5203-0319-4F28-A3E4-3A80CBF1C028.jpeg

Me? Ah, just helping Kodiak to relax.
0E902E27-26AA-48BA-887F-3D5BBC4BA8FA.jpeg

She looks very relaxed to me BJ. Why do you have to help her?
C01F5516-9E3D-4270-8C06-505C9D6EE2A1.jpeg

Kodiak. Do you want to tell the hooman or do you want me to tell?
07C244C0-42F8-4302-801D-F03EE5B45937.jpeg

It’s okay hooman. Don’t get excited but she is stressed because she got outsmarted.
8AA508C8-D317-48A2-A59D-39C9FFCCF636.jpeg

Kind of embarrassed too. Don’t worry, I didn’t let her eat it.
D5D6966B-51F3-47CD-AB13-026FCFA00C3E.jpeg

Tell Banjo I need a lizard taxi out of here. Is her flying broom available?
52BC9E61-5707-4BFA-BACF-CA434989863A.jpeg

The lizard took refuge behind the side of the AC unit. Lol I gave him a plant ladder to climb into a bag to safe taxi out. Poor Kodiak didn’t get to kiss him. He’s not a frog Kodiak!!!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama Goldie is the most reluctant. Maybe I misinterpret that though. She just really likes peace and quiet. That makes a lot of sense considering she was in the thick of things outside and the victim of the first problems. Now she is just very calm in her space. She didn’t mind the boys going out. Lol As long as they came back. In the meantime, this is what she was doing. Chilling. I invited her to the party but she wanted her catnip in bed.
0DB3BC12-E93A-4C49-9450-DF9F8CCFC9CC.jpeg
Awww... sweet Goldie. Purrhaps even though she loves the boys, she enjoys her time of solitude when they go off galivanting.
And bonus, she still got catnip. :petcat:

Tell Banjo I need a lizard taxi out of here. Is her flying broom available?
52BC9E61-5707-4BFA-BACF-CA434989863A.jpeg
Lizards are so cute. 🦎

Just a heads up for anyone feeding Royal Canin. Supply chain issues with cat food?
I do, and unfortunately I'm aware of the shortages. :( I have found some other foods that mostly work, but will be so happy when, or maybe I should say "if", I can ever get Ruby's regular food again.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They'd better solve that cat food supply chain probem FAST or we will gang up on them and claw and bite them!!! If that doesn't work, we'll YOWL on them!!!
Yes, BJ, lizards are our friends! Thank you for your role in that little guy's liberation and safety.
Jcatbird Jcatbird I agree. Our brains are already showing the effects of dealing with increased amounts of information coming at us all the time and having to think on our feet. The sad part is, though, that a lot of people aren't up to speed with it at all. They are getting left far behind and aren't keeping up. It's like having a class full of highly intelligent self-starting students mixed in with "slow learning" kids. This was the way in the school system I was in and IDK whether it "worked" or not, but I thought it was strange to say the least. What value do the slow learning kids get out of a curriculum they can't understand? And the thing I keep harping on is that tech is wonderful, valuable and essential, but what is even more "all of the above" is compassion and kindness and those are not inborn, they are taught. Taught by example and taught by ongoing learning. If they're not valued and prioritized in the family, then it is incumbent upon the school system to teach them. And there is no greater need on this earth.

pearl99

Top Cat
Purraise
Having a pretty full view of each other but still having a lattice panel they can open and close on their own made a huge difference. Funny but after trying child gates, screens, plastic sheeting and all sorts of things to encourage interactions, it took me a long time to come up with the lattice idea.
Can you tell me what you did with the lattices? How do they come and go as they please, open the lattice in some way? I would like to have it for any future needs. Always on the lookout for cat ideas.

I think that as technology brings things to our attention with such speed it is harder to deal with so much. Maybe, just maybe it will give us faster response time too?
Hmmm that is very true. It is hard to deal with so much, I do hope it brings faster responses too.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only cat food that we have to worry about is the Prescription Diet CD that Stretch gets for his urinary problems, but we have laid in a goodly supply of that, and we always order more well before we reach critically low levels, but still fingers remain crossed.
Strongly recommend auto delivery if you don't have it already. Not sure, of course, but would like to think that repeat delivery customers get some priority.

pearl99

Top Cat
Purraise
Strongly recommend auto delivery if you don't have it already
Gracie is now on Royal Canin Renal Veterinary diet, wet and dry, and I looked and luckily it is available from Chewy still- and I do Autoship so hopefully no problem when I need more. But I have a good supply to last awhile.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
By the way; we get his food in the 17 pound bags- the largest size available. Each used to cost $56, but the one we got a couple of weeks ago cost $80.
Supply chain woes. We have all the container ships in the known universe backed up in L.A. Harbor. This world certainly is going somewhere in a handbasket, isn't it?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.