My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No Jazzy babies yet! My phone charger just broke! Be back as I can! Figures! I was finally able to find a moment to explore more of this site. So many great things to see and read. So many great people! Love the greetings of new members! Found an older gentleman who had helped with ferals and has tamed and adopted one he named Tangerine. Very much worth meeting these folks!:heartshape:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think Jazzy must have gotten pregnant again immediately.
Yeah. They do that. I wonder often if Little Bit's two kittens that I managed to gentle and home last year were from two litters. Tid Bit was SO much larger than Sprite. Not sure...Sprite had a lot of issues. But she's healthy, doing very well, and her human "brother" is a vet, so she gets excellent care!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so great to hear. I know Jazzy had kept a bond with her children from another father until I got them adopted. Some are great Moms!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
4AC8F3E8-DB3A-45B1-B2D0-A811597EAE97.jpeg
34CA199F-B1C1-4EBC-9B13-EA2D86BFAD4F.jpeg
3212CF0D-36BF-4EF9-B714-1C22035EC938.jpeg
Uncle Mitty in center of first pic with his family. On right in second pic with his Nephew and third pic is just Uncle Mitty. I just had to share this. Uncle Mitty has been adopted from the rescue center. He and his sister, Beauty were the first of this colony I brought into my home. At that time I fully intended to keep them furever. They became a part of my family. I let them go because I realized that it would be better for them ,for many reasons ,to have their own home. I am sad but very grateful that he will be getting that individual attention that he so deserves. He is smart, sweet and will give lots of love to his new family. He is the giving kind. Good job Uncle Mitty!:redheartpump::catrub::touched:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still waiting and worrying. When she stopped eating we thought they would be coming.....​

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She has delivered five beautiful babies! Yay! Four tabby and one tuxedo. I have video but don’t yet know how to upload. I have little time right now to figure it out but I will work on that. Still spending late nights trying to find outside kittens and still looking for Batman. :blackcat: Lol I think I saw him late last night. I would love to reunite him with his family. I am too old for this!:dizzycat:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the link to the instructions. I love a challenge! Lol I will try! I have to go to hunt the location of Brown Thrashers’ kittens and if I find them I will be out for some time so video later. The traps are working but I am catching wildlife! Anyone have tips on how to run off the Wildlife so I get cats instead? Even if I am present the wild animals are so hungry in this rain they go right in the traps. It has rained for days! I live in a wooded, swampy area full of animals. :help: :frustrated:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama I think I got the birth video of Jazzy baby 2 in an album!?!? Ha! Working without a computer and vision issues I am truly challenged but will try to imbed video in a post tomorrow. I had to stop everything to give little Banjo and Whistle their first bath. I found a couple of fleas in spite of giving them flea treatments. Can’t risk having a flea here. Bath time wasn’t appreciated but the rub down, treats and heating

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
7D7DCB4A-DEFD-485F-98B3-9734CF616458.jpeg
1065541A-79CA-4EC3-BB3B-7108CF73B125.jpeg
Bumble fingers, my screen jumped and I hit the reply button before I completed the sentence. :doh:The rub down, treats and heating pad after the bath were greatly enjoyed. Banjo gave her brother Whistle a kiss afterwards. The little rescues survived the trauma very well! Going to tend my scratch rewards! Lol

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Just playing catch-up with this thread. Wow, such a lot has happened! Congratulations to Jazzy and her lovely kittens. They're so lucky to be born indoors, they don't know how much better their lives are going to be now then they might have been.

Did you ever see Batman? Sometimes if you bait a trap with litter from a missing cat's litter box you can get them into a trap and safely home again. Does his family live close to you? They might have better luck doing this. You can either use cat litter or the dust from your vacuum cleaner. Both smell like home and will tempt the cat into the trap.

Looks like Banjo wants her own Instragram account. :D
She should have one!

That's actually not a bad idea. My sister fosters dogs for a shelter and she's managed to get a few of them into new homes by making Instagram accounts for them.

Banjo is very photogenic, who wouldn't fall in love with her?

:heartshape:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Good GRIEF! You manage all of this from a PHONE? Woman, I am in AWE!

What a precious family!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
E9DF9A40-9892-4580-A1AC-20E638F81006.jpeg
I am still on the hunt for Batman. I do think I have spotted him again but late at night. I will call his Mom and suggest she bring the scent of home. Great ideas. I know he is being missed. Even if it isn’t Batman, I need to catch him. He is old enough to mate. Jazzy and the kittens are well. Jazzy tried to nip her foster Mom now that the kittens are here but she did that to me with Coal and Jet. ( also doing well and healthy) Jazzy just gives warning nips and not really biting down. She is a very loving Mom. Brown Thrasher has me concerned. She keeps her babies moving. Every night is a treasure hunt for me. Last night I found them very late. I am not sure who was the most surprised, me or them! I decided to take my first night off in months. I think Thrasher and I both need a night of rest. Instagram. I will look into that. You do realize I had never posted anything, anywhere before I came here in December? Lol I am new to all this. I will investigate it if you think it will work. I think Banjo and Whistle are going to be adopted. A friend has a grown son who list his kitty and was devastated. The son will be traveling here to meet them. Fingers crossed but I don’t think he can resist them. I will probably be hurting when these two go but this will be a great home. I have known the son since he was little and he will be a great dad. I still have 19 others to get adopted though! I love cats 24:7 right now. Feed, clean, socialize then hunt kitties. That is my day. Night is feed, clean, socialize and hunt kitties! Lol After midnight now and I didn’t hunt tonight. This is an early night for me. I get on my phone after all my routine and do my posting here. ( yes, all has been done on my phone the past seven months. Ouch I was still on a flip phone a year ago so I have had to learn a lot and very quickly. Still figuring stuff out! ) Hang in there with me. I am giving all I’ve got for these little guys. My own kitties have been great. They have not only tolerated all the coming and gong of other cats but have actually helped me with them. Cats are awesome! The pic is my 9 year old Smokey after a long day helping me with the rescues. She is a trooper.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have not done social media either but I do know someone who does. I will inquire and get them to find the Wild and Wonderful site to check it out. I do have to be careful about giving out my home info here. Not the safest thing. I have adds posted and gotten some bad adoption calls. Thank goodness they only had a number. I blocked them. No kitties for them! Also have gotten some great calls. Soooo worth trying!

Status
Not open for further replies.