My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi Smokey. Ruby here.:winkcat: Sorry you had to go to the vet again. Sounds like you have a wonderful lady vet though, since she will accept calls from your Mom 24/7. My "favourite" vet is a lady vet too, but if there's no appointments, Mama has to call somewhere else. I'm glad you got some more meds to help you feel better for a while longer. Mama and I are sending love and purrs and healing vibes down to you and your Mom..
:petcat::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::vibes::vibes::vibes::catlove:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
god helps those who help themselves
It seems impossible. But I will try again. :crossfingers:

Hope, faith and trying. That is so very important. Maintaining any strut you can manage too.
Maybe it will get easier, once I get back on my walking schedule. 🚶‍♀️

Who knows what Baby J will like to eat if we can have a get togethfur?
I bet she will love pasta. Probably have to cut it up small for a while though? 🍝

foods Sarah got, I was shocked that she never liked ice cream but loved rutabagas!
Same! I just discovered root veggies & love them. Sarah & I appear to have a lot of similarities, don't we? :hugs:

I am loving her every moment and receiving love. We cannot ask for more of life than that. It is the best life can offer.
Good reminder. Just keep giving love & receiving love. 👍

Every life counts. We have more time. Precious time.
Here's to more good times with friends & making it count. :grouphug:

And my bunny came along to keep me company?
Awww, look at Smokey & her precious Bunny. 🐰

Ah, come on! My joke was funnier than Mack’s mouse jokes!
I love a good poo joke! :lol:

Thank you for thinking of me and caring!
Same to you! :hugs:

Remember, be like Smokey, never give up.
I'll get back up & keep going. 🙌

Here’s sending you pawsitive vibes and speedy healing
Oh my, she's so gorgeous! Swoon. Are you keeping her? 😍😍😍

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my, she's so gorgeous! Swoon. Are you keeping her?
Thank you.

I am not sure yet, but I have not yet also put up "For Adoption" posts on my FB page. Maybe because deep inside I really would want this to be a foster fail. LOL.

We' will see. My husband already said no more cats, but....

she is a Tortie. First time I have taken in a tortie and she is a cutie. I bet she'd grow up to be a beauty too. :hearthrob: :D

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi Hope, faith and trying. That is so very important. Maintaining any strut you can manage too. Looking up whenever possible.

Lari Lari Dear Baby J is getting so big! I went and looked and that is the happiest picture with the word Daddy! It made me smile! Who knows what Baby J will like to eat if we can have a get togethfur? I know it must be exciting! Do tell us what Baby J gets for first foods and what the expressions are like. I wish I could be there just to see that little one taste first foods. Lol Babies can really surprise us.
Although these were not the first foods Sarah got, I was shocked that she never liked ice cream but loved rutabagas!
Lol

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I did see the court decision. How hard it must be to make those judgements. They never change the original pain. How many times have I said here that every life counts. Each one carries such importance and any lost take so many possibilities when they go. Nothing can undo loss.
So eloquently and well said, Jcatbird Jcatbird as ever. I've been looking at the coverage of the Surfside tragedy as well, praying for all involved. *words fail*
What a world! And amid all of the tears and the pain, there are the rescues, the comfort, and the Love!
IMG_1358.JPG

Our beloved angel Rojita's resting place in the Mojave. She was rescued after coming into our yard on several occasions with Tim, who ended up in Canada in the low-light environment he needed as an all-white cat with skin disorder, and Calo, beloved Calo! You'll notice that, below the apricot-colored rose, there is a tiny hot pink rose on the same plant. This happened right before we were forced to move. I have always thought and believed it was her farewell to us, a special and personal indicator of her knowing what was happening.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Oh thank you! Gypsy, you have to take steroids too? We’re glad they help. Swollen pawsies must have been so painful. You won’t eat treats at the vet office? Not surprising. It was kind of surprising that Smokey ate them but.... aft
Smokey is now eating a bit better.

Lari Lari Thank you. I just feel so very lucky to have Smokey in my life. She has always been very caring to humans and to other kitties. She didn’t have kittens but she was born with a very motherly spirit.
Maybe Baby J will like tomatoey things. It was really funny to watch Sarah. I offered her everything and with few exceptions, she loved everything. She did not like ice cream, anything carbonated or pineapple. :dunno: Nearly everything else was delicious from the very beginning! Her Dad loved almost everything but I could never eat anything with tomatoes, onions or garlic. When Sarah was very young she began a love of lemons. Lol Once we were in a restaurant and she was sucking on a lemon slice ( toddler) a lady came up and fussed at us. She felt that was awful to give her such a potent flavor. Lol I showed the lady what happened when I took the lemon away.😯🥺 Then I , quickly gave it back.😊 The lady got the message. Children know what flavors they like. Lol It’s so much fun to watch them trying things! I did learn that any small piece of pineapple would become a missile to be launched immediately from her mouth.🚀 I tried again from time to time but she never did change her mind on that one.:lol:

rubysmama rubysmama and Ruby, thank you! We have been very lucky to get to know this vet. Originally I had to drive to another town to a vet office and I met her there. She helped with a gentle giant named Blue who literally saved my life and through Mackie and the Felv colony. When the vet opened a new office, it happened to be right up the road from us and I was there the day they opened as their first client. If I stopped and counted back, we have probably taken at least a couple of hundred fur babies there over twenty years. The vet has even come to the house before to help me to put my gentle giant to rest. In fact, nearly the whole staff came to help. There are disadvantages sometimes to living here but that one place and group of people outweighs so much of the bad stuff. The vet has even attended to a couple of my wounds. Lol It is a long and caring relationship. They know every kitty here and every kitty that I adopted out. Many remain clients there as grown kitties. We are very fortunate to have them as our vets. I send them new clients whenever I can because I know that they are all caring, especially Smokey’s favorite. I tease them that we are going to just move in to one of the exam rooms permanently one day. Free live in help! So Ruby, I hope we all, always manage to get an appointment with our cherished vet friends! I know your Mom does too.

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Oh than you! Smokey would like to come and snuggle with Patchie! She says she would like to be a foster mom. I can tell you that she would be a complete foster fail though! Lol It would be instant love. That is such an adorable baby. I hope you get to keep Patchie. Tortie kitties are not colors I have had before. As many kitties that have come into our lives, Muffin is the only one. Does Patchie have Tortitude? That face looks too sweet to ever give a stink eye. Sending purrs back! Love, Smokey

M maggiedemi Believe. Perhaps nothing is impossible but you must believe and keep going. You will never know if you don’t try and give it all you’ve got. Every thing you do counts.

strider rose strider rose That’s such a great picture of BJ. It really does look like he is deciding that he has chosen to make love, not war. Lol That was about the time he started to accept me as his friend. It was a real turning point for us.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Thank you! She has had my heart for a long time now. It is hers permanently. Thank you for continuing the prayers. She needs them.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Thank you! Her floof beauty has always enchanted me. She was a great comfort to her first human too. I owe her more than I can ever express. What would I have done without her by my side? Besides the love and comfort, she has been mother, friend and teacher. So much for such a delicate little lady to have accomplished.

Surfside tragedy. There is no way to express the sadness of such a thing. Sudden and massive loss. May those looking see some sign as you did from the rose of the Mojave. :grouphug2: We must all trust that there are things like that for us.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Thank you Hekitty and to mom for the prayers and the candle. We know that these things do help. May that glow be seen well from above.

Thank you to everyone for all the love and prayers for precious Smokey. She is a strong kitty and has beaten the odds so many times in her life. She has already been here past expectations and has done so with happy days. I don’t go with expectations, only with the pleasure of any happy day given. Each one is beautiful and I know from past experiences to savor and cherish every moment in every part of our lives. They are a gift,:redheartpump::touched:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So.... time for some smiles! BJ offered to help us out with that. Lol Always the considerate gentleman. ;)

I think we can provide a smile or two!
How about some kisses Kodiak!
355EB2BC-024F-464E-92C6-0DB8FFB35EF3.jpeg

Ah...someone is taking a cat nap.
3C5DF022-95DB-414A-AE74-FEDD69060235.jpeg

Kodiaaaakkkk. Wake uppppp.
980114CE-6737-426C-A8D1-457147F2B5AF.jpeg

I want to give you a wake up kiss.
D953A860-8999-46E7-9FB7-A2C6C19244A2.jpeg

I’ll wake you up with a smile Kodiak,
C2B71697-BB52-4A13-9F6F-E506DD1C5D59.jpeg

What BJ?!?!? You interrupted a dream about flying like a bird!
EB7BA865-CA1C-4525-A0AE-4CDE812AB4FD.jpeg

Cool! Was I there? Lololol Sonce you’re awake now, how about a nice kiss?
0284CA45-8047-4D75-9217-A228BB2677EE.jpeg

I’m having to earn this one.
75C255D3-6AC5-4FA9-B585-376AAF55985D.jpeg

I now my head to your beauty Kodiak.
8D554D64-2130-4C6B-B193-16440DFA2A8D.jpeg

Heh. Kisses!!!!
A3AA801A-C457-4DE1-BE40-5D33532CDD9C.jpeg

I love you Kodiak. Nothing is more special than love..
6432E36E-836E-48C1-8468-FB81CF172F75.jpeg

This is true BJ.
2EDE4CFA-5D2D-4511-9F95-0B4007271454.jpeg

I love you too.....
DB9E40EF-E4EA-4BAF-B970-55477301E65E.jpeg

Even if you did interrupt my flying lessons.
B3F61064-B89A-4D90-9F21-3F234769E216.jpeg

Let me go back to sleep and I’ll try to get you in on the flying.
D953ED10-B18F-45F2-A71B-6AEDA6B5D2CA.jpeg

I don’t want to miss out on flying in a dream with Kodiak. I’m letting her go back to sleep now.
CA48EF9E-6C3F-47B5-97B2-5CCD62816546.jpeg

Hmmm. What else would make the Hoomans smile?
6108AB80-07B0-4667-911E-E7C19138D46F.jpeg

Muffin is right behind me. She’s already awake too, isn’t she? Heh.
9A0F51A4-91D0-4697-8F8D-9A6B31E3C067.jpeg

Muffin!?!?!? How about a little kiss? Muffin? Muffin...????
EF24EFDA-07C4-455F-9DD2-B15CEAC8BD6E.jpeg

Well, Bear with me, this may take awhile.
5BD7117D-A97F-4304-B317-2D89B3CEA0C5.jpeg

Lolololol I hear fake snoring! I nearly fell off the sofa when Muffin realized BJ was about to turn around to her. The eyes tell it all.:oops:

Attachments

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Oh thank you! Gypsy, you have to take steroids too? We’re glad they help. Swollen pawsies must have been so painful. You won’t eat treats at the vet office? Not surprising. It was kind of surprising that Smokey ate them but.... aft
Smokey is now eating a bit better.

Lari Lari Thank you. I just feel so very lucky to have Smokey in my life. She has always been very caring to humans and to other kitties. She didn’t have kittens but she was born with a very motherly spirit.
Maybe Baby J will like tomatoey things. It was really funny to watch Sarah. I offered her everything and with few exceptions, she loved everything. She did not like ice cream, anything carbonated or pineapple. :dunno: Nearly everything else was delicious from the very beginning! Her Dad loved almost everything but I could never eat anything with tomatoes, onions or garlic. When Sarah was very young she began a love of lemons. Lol Once we were in a restaurant and she was sucking on a lemon slice ( toddler) a lady came up and fussed at us. She felt that was awful to give her such a potent flavor. Lol I showed the lady what happened when I took the lemon away.😯🥺 Then I , quickly gave it back.😊 The lady got the message. Children know what flavors they like. Lol It’s so much fun to watch them trying things! I did learn that any small piece of pineapple would become a missile to be launched immediately from her mouth.🚀 I tried again from time to time but she never did change her mind on that one.:lol:

rubysmama rubysmama and Ruby, thank you! We have been very lucky to get to know this vet. Originally I had to drive to another town to a vet office and I met her there. She helped with a gentle giant named Blue who literally saved my life and through Mackie and the Felv colony. When the vet opened a new office, it happened to be right up the road from us and I was there the day they opened as their first client. If I stopped and counted back, we have probably taken at least a couple of hundred fur babies there over twenty years. The vet has even come to the house before to help me to put my gentle giant to rest. In fact, nearly the whole staff came to help. There are disadvantages sometimes to living here but that one place and group of people outweighs so much of the bad stuff. The vet has even attended to a couple of my wounds. Lol It is a long and caring relationship. They know every kitty here and every kitty that I adopted out. Many remain clients there as grown kitties. We are very fortunate to have them as our vets. I send them new clients whenever I can because I know that they are all caring, especially Smokey’s favorite. I tease them that we are going to just move in to one of the exam rooms permanently one day. Free live in help! So Ruby, I hope we all, always manage to get an appointment with our cherished vet friends! I know your Mom does too.

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Oh than you! Smokey would like to come and snuggle with Patchie! She says she would like to be a foster mom. I can tell you that she would be a complete foster fail though! Lol It would be instant love. That is such an adorable baby. I hope you get to keep Patchie. Tortie kitties are not colors I have had before. As many kitties that have come into our lives, Muffin is the only one. Does Patchie have Tortitude? That face looks too sweet to ever give a stink eye. Sending purrs back! Love, Smokey

M maggiedemi Believe. Perhaps nothing is impossible but you must believe and keep going. You will never know if you don’t try and give it all you’ve got. Every thing you do counts.

strider rose strider rose That’s such a great picture of BJ. It really does look like he is deciding that he has chosen to make love, not war. Lol That was about the time he started to accept me as his friend. It was a real turning point for us.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Thank you! She has had my heart for a long time now. It is hers permanently. Thank you for continuing the prayers. She needs them.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Thank you! Her floof beauty has always enchanted me. She was a great comfort to her first human too. I owe her more than I can ever express. What would I have done without her by my side? Besides the love and comfort, she has been mother, friend and teacher. So much for such a delicate little lady to have accomplished.

Surfside tragedy. There is no way to express the sadness of such a thing. Sudden and massive loss. May those looking see some sign as you did from the rose of the Mojave. :grouphug2: We must all trust that there are things like that for us.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Thank you Hekitty and to mom for the prayers and the candle. We know that these things do help. May that glow be seen well from above.

Thank you to everyone for all the love and prayers for precious Smokey. She is a strong kitty and has beaten the odds so many times in her life. She has already been here past expectations and has done so with happy days. I don’t go with expectations, only with the pleasure of any happy day given. Each one is beautiful and I know from past experiences to savor and cherish every moment in every part of our lives. They are a gift,:redheartpump::touched:
:redheartpump: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :sunshine: :catrub:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, the look on BJ's face! So eloquent!
It's not an easy time for so many. We must keep hope, and send our *Prayers* up because they are needed so much for so many.
The cats of Chez Catbird know that love is THE answer. Love and loyalty and supporting each other through it all.
But pineapple? Well, it's one of my favorites and I buy one just about every time I go to the store. Rutabaga is NOT on my favorites list. Ice cream? I could take it or leave it.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
believe and keep going
It's hard to believe when you don't think something will ever happen. But I'll try...🙌

So much for such a delicate little lady to have accomplished.
I hope somebody says that about me someday...:think:

I want to give you a wake up kiss.
Ewww! Doesn't BJ know about morning breath? :lol:

I bow my head to your beauty Kodiak.
Okay, I admit that line would have gotten a kiss from me. 👍

Nothing is more special than love..
That simple sentence really made me stop and think. Just keep loving each other... :hugs:

But pineapple? Well, it's one of my favorites
Same here! I love pineapple pizza. 🍍🍕

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 And back to you my friends. :vibes::redheartpump::redheartpump::sunshine::catrub:Doubled from the heart.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Indeed we do need to keep up prayers and hold out hope and encouragement to all around us. The cats know too, the love, loyalty and support can keep us all growing. The kitties are very free I’m handing out all the above. The set a great example for us all.
BJ is such a character! He has a face that speaks. I think he had his sleeping beauty there last night. Today was a bit different but brought a lot of laughing at Chez Catbird. Photos to follow.

I like pineapple but rutabagas?👎 Lol

M maggiedemi If you can dream it, maybe you can find it. Somethings we look and find something more than we ever dreamed. Sometimes the search becomes the best part.
Maybe someone has already said that about you. ;)
Morning breath! Lololololol That was funny. Can you imagine morning breath for Froggie? Banjo must really love him.

strider rose strider rose Hahahahshaha! That was a good caption. I know Banjo appreciates it. She probably thinks of herself as very artsy.

Lari Lari I like pineapple in small amounts. I like ice cream as a treat. I tend to buy ice cream several times in a row but then , not again for a long while. Lol Growing up I loved those ice cream bars on a stick that are lightly coated in a thin, hard chocolate shell. I still like them. Rats. Now I want one.:lol: I also love ice cream cones with the old fashioned sugar cones.😋 Home made ice cream rocks! That was a rare summer event here but so much fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.