My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update on our latest visitor: He has been named Oliver, has been to the vet for an exam and shots, and the young girl is in love with him. Sometimes these stories have a happy ending, but not nearly often enough, to my way of thinking at least.
Agree 100%. Grateful *PRAYERS* for sweet Oliver and very happy to hear that he has an admirer! :redheartpump: :hearthrob:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama That’s gorgeous! You know how delighted I am by rainbows! :hyper: I love the pictures. Double rainbows! That’s a rare sight. You must have been really excited to see them. I am!!:redheartpump: Stunning.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 The greatest enjoyment I can get is in seeing the cats enjoying things. They have the most expressive faces and they just radiate pleasure. If anyone misses that, they miss the most wonderful part of having kitties around. Cat joy! Lol
A Big Mack laugh radiates too. It sort of vibrates the whole house. Purrs on steroids. If I am totally honest though, having happy cats gives me pleasure. I guess , in that way it is for my satisfaction indirectly. Bonus!

Flybynight Flybynight I’m glad you are enjoying the photos!

N NY cat man That’s such a great ending/beginning of the story of little Oliver! I have this visual of him snuggling a young girl and being completely content. A love match is a very happy ending. Another life saved. Another young cat lover too! Bonds for life. I just love stories like that. You helped to write that Happy Ending for him!!:goldstar::heartshape:The magic of a Godfather!!

C Cat Grrl The kitties love being called beautiful!!I relayed what you said. Lol Purrs all around! I am very, very fortunate to have them around me. They are good about letting me know their desires. I just pay attention to their requests.:) Lots of love here? Yes. I get to love and be loved.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Oh yes! I am fortunate and I count my bkessings..... x28! X 9 lives is a lot of pleasure!! I do count them all.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I tried starting Thrasher out by letting BJ in to visit her. Thrasher was very happy to see him but .... he growled at her! I am assuming for the moment that she still carries a scent from wherever she was shut in. I have strongly suspected that she had contact with that dog and I still think that could be the case. BJ has an aversion to the area where that dog has been and that’s where I found Thrasher. I knew BJ was afraid of going there but he was drawn there to save Thrasher. He did save her. Now I am going to work to change her scent to see if that is the problem. It may also be just that she picked up other scents. Perhaps he now associates her with the area where he was frightened. As I suspected, we need reintroduction time. Thrasher is very content spending time with me but we will be moving towards getting her back with the other kitties. Although the growling was a surprise, a need for gradual reintroduction after two months of being away is not unexpected.
So! What do I do for Thrasher today? I have a plan.
One of the cute cat head shaped toys that strider rose strider rose sent!!
08DD4E6B-3538-4A96-9BD9-78DFFFD0058D.jpeg

Hi Thrasher. It’s okay that BJ was grouchy. We’ll work on that. We need you to be eating a bit better first anyway. Treats were sent with the toys. Try some?!
F77C237F-FFC5-4ECB-84C6-E654610E4B8D.jpeg

What do you think?
5086C310-0D05-45F2-A2F8-323D27347181.jpeg

Ahhh! Eating them! Yay!
B4106778-5186-4F6B-BAA9-79D3C8BAA1AF.jpeg

All! Yaaaaaay!!
30351353-8655-4CAD-851E-E677ECBD13C6.jpeg

I know. BJ growled. He can leave for now.
5F3CAE4F-6999-45FF-9BA2-6418D96B8F8C.jpeg

Let’s spend some quality play time together.
178BC483-8C93-4E04-B50B-5DEA16D3061C.jpeg

How about this toy?
9E794866-3AE7-4193-994B-5F2B31240D4D.jpeg

A few more treats first? Alrighty!
A3029E8F-9EDD-4888-AE50-42271E73F32C.jpeg

You need the toy now??
3482E34B-B1EA-41F8-8AB8-677BB1CE3DDB.jpeg

Come on Thrasher. I know you love playing. Let the treat bag stay there for a minute. Lol
1211846E-9078-48CF-BBFF-584A6E634E8F.jpeg

Second look at the toys and head bumping them!
A030C46A-B683-4C26-9D4E-02B650F6D37D.jpeg

We have a favorite! There’s nothing more comforting than having a toy to kiss. Bj, you’re on the list to be up soon! Get ready for Thrasher kisses!
61971BC1-48B2-4F8B-8D20-11E055E5D665.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can almost feel the house vibrating from Big Mackie's thunderous purrs! Our beloved angel Tomo had big rumbles like that. My mom and I would be talking on the phone and she'd say to put Tomo on the phone so she could hear his purrings. He was a BIG cat with a BIG PURRsonality and his purrs, well, they were deep rumblings of joy!
Awww, well, BJ just has to recognize Thrasher's scent and know it's really her returning to the fold! Maybe a group play with StriderRose's toys might work? Get 'em all 'nipped and happy, give out the treats, and then stay tuned for the purrfest!

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I tried starting Thrasher out by letting BJ in to visit her. Thrasher was very happy to see him but .... he growled at her! I am assuming for the moment that she still carries a scent from wherever she was shut in. I have strongly suspected that she had contact with that dog and I still think that could be the case. BJ has an aversion to the area where that dog has been and that’s where I found Thrasher. I knew BJ was afraid of going there but he was drawn there to save Thrasher. He did save her. Now I am going to work to change her scent to see if that is the problem. It may also be just that she picked up other scents. Perhaps he now associates her with the area where he was frightened. As I suspected, we need reintroduction time. Thrasher is very content spending time with me but we will be moving towards getting her back with the other kitties. Although the growling was a surprise, a need for gradual reintroduction after two months of being away is not unexpected.
So! What do I do for Thrasher today? I have a plan.
One of the cute cat head shaped toys that strider rose strider rose sent!!
View attachment 381174
Hi Thrasher. It’s okay that BJ was grouchy. We’ll work on that. We need you to be eating a bit better first anyway. Treats were sent with the toys. Try some?!
View attachment 381175
What do you think?
View attachment 381176
Ahhh! Eating them! Yay!
View attachment 381177
All! Yaaaaaay!!
View attachment 381178
I know. BJ growled. He can leave for now.
View attachment 381179
Let’s spend some quality play time together.
View attachment 381180
How about this toy?
View attachment 381181
A few more treats first? Alrighty!
View attachment 381182
You need the toy now??
View attachment 381183
Come on Thrasher. I know you love playing. Let the treat bag stay there for a minute. Lol
View attachment 381184
Second look at the toys and head bumping them!
View attachment 381185
We have a favorite! There’s nothing more comforting than having a toy to kiss. Bj, you’re on the list to be up soon! Get ready for Thrasher kisses!
View attachment 381186
Jcatbird Jcatbird aww shes so sweet . i love you thrasher

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama The growl surprised me a bit too. I kind of expected some avoidance or nervousness but not steady growling. I understand why he did it though. Besides the scent, having to go to a place with bad memories and just weeks of tension, at the moment they made first contact, neighbors started making an awful lot of noise. That made BJ look at them and growl too. I removed him from the situation until neighbors got quiet and left but it was a tough reminder for him. He is making some scary connections and I just have to give him time and work on other happier memories or new associations on his mind. As always when working with kitties, time and patience. I am just so happy to see Thrasher happy. We will integrate st their pace.

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Those wipes look great! I will be going out again soon and I will see if our store has them. I have used most of the meat sticks with Smokey and when I pull out ANY treat here, I get inundated by little cat faces waiting for their share. Lol With holding for just one cat is not an option. Lol Big hit!! Gypsy isn’t the only one who likes those! Gypsy looks so ready for her camera moment in that first photo!:cloud9: Happy girl! The second one looks like she is either waiting for a meat stick or doing a demo for Thrasher. Lol Thank you Gypsy!
The smiles tonight are thanks to you dustydiamond!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 You are right on the money! I have caught myself thinking a big truck or jet was going past, only to realize it is Mackie purring nearby.:lol: If Tomo did that, you know. Big cats, big purrsonalities and big love. Another thing about Mackie, what Mackie wants, Mackie gets. He doesn’t demand, he just owns. His confidence is unwavering.
A group play will be happening. Thrasher is eager to be with everyone. I just need to make sure she gets the reception she needs. I know Purry can be counted on but it’s going to be her original colony members she will want most. I think I am going to do a few one on one meetings and after I finish with the changes to the cat room, a grand party for them. I just don’t want her scared again. BJ is still working off some adrenaline. He is acting like his Tom cat self recently. He is asserting dominance. All things I understand being related to the anxiety and tension in the house after Thrasher went missing. It was traumatic for several of the kitties. Lady, BJ, Mackie, Dolly, Muffin and Mitsy seemed most affected by it. The older or more high strung of the kitties. We’ll get there though. Muffin has been full of Tortitude! :lol: I have a basket filled with fresh catnip plants. I may bring that in for the party and let them use it as a centerpiece/salad. It may be messy but fun!

strider rose strider rose Thrasher loves you too. She rubbed kisses all over the box you sent so she knows you. She is an extremely lovey girl. All snuggles. She’s super smart and takes after her Mom but has become very people oriented. Her voice is back! It’s a little gravelly but she is talking a lot. So great to have that voice back in the house again.:happycat:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We’ve all had concerns or some tough days recently. I was thinking today that we are due for a real grin or a good fairy tail with an ending of love and smiles. Maybe even a belly laugh? Who could ever help with that?🤔

Banjo? Where are you? Under the table? What are you doing?
5ED52554-2175-493C-867E-ED258B5CFB3A.jpeg

I have company. We are visiting.
B6184E0D-6962-4016-908E-1A9E37262861.jpeg

Hey big Froggie....
EF900FC5-7300-48D6-AF40-22933CDAD0DB.jpeg

I really like you! What are your favorite things to do? Catch bugs with your tongue? How?
2DE2A333-5B3F-4803-9E4B-1CC593397025.jpeg

Tee hee! That tickles!
833B3ED2-9025-473B-A27F-017251A77A9C.jpeg

What else can we do for fun?
0427F64E-39F9-4673-AFE1-3460A0980E41.jpeg

Do you like to play?
534F6C2A-50E7-485A-AE0B-19A5EA3790B7.jpeg

Oh! That’s a great idea!
D7F5170A-5813-4649-95CE-4AE1B4AAE5FF.jpeg

I love to play leap frog. What else?
779A280F-926E-4AE1-8D73-793F85E0A298.jpeg

Yes. I like that too!
E96BA2CC-049D-4938-8376-80266683BEC7.jpeg

You groom very well! That feels so relaxing.
C48895A6-04BF-4ACB-A2FC-33561D87054F.jpeg

What else? Snuggles and kisses! I love you too Big Froggie!
6B99B6C9-7C86-40D7-AA24-5D00140F9737.jpeg

Lol I guess someone is missing the Frog Prince. It seems there is enough love to go around though!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom I love the Pawverb!

Isn’t that the most important thing? The kitties know! ;) As long as they know, everything else falls into place.
I have to say, I pity the people who don’t understand. They certainly are missing out!

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 I’ll look for more meat sticks when I look for the wipes. Hopefully they’ll have them in stock.
Gypsy! :flail:You was wascally cat! You made me laugh! Excellent pole scratching though. Lady would be envious.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama The growl surprised me a bit too. I kind of expected some avoidance or nervousness but not steady growling. I understand why he did it though. Besides the scent, having to go to a place with bad memories and just weeks of tension, at the moment they made first contact, neighbors started making an awful lot of noise. That made BJ look at them and growl too. I removed him from the situation until neighbors got quiet and left but it was a tough reminder for him. He is making some scary connections and I just have to give him time and work on other happier memories or new associations on his mind. As always when working with kitties, time and patience. I am just so happy to see Thrasher happy. We will integrate st their pace.

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Those wipes look great! I will be going out again soon and I will see if our store has them. I have used most of the meat sticks with Smokey and when I pull out ANY treat here, I get inundated by little cat faces waiting for their share. Lol With holding for just one cat is not an option. Lol Big hit!! Gypsy isn’t the only one who likes those! Gypsy looks so ready for her camera moment in that first photo!:cloud9: Happy girl! The second one looks like she is either waiting for a meat stick or doing a demo for Thrasher. Lol Thank you Gypsy!
The smiles tonight are thanks to you dustydiamond!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 You are right on the money! I have caught myself thinking a big truck or jet was going past, only to realize it is Mackie purring nearby.:lol: If Tomo did that, you know. Big cats, big purrsonalities and big love. Another thing about Mackie, what Mackie wants, Mackie gets. He doesn’t demand, he just owns. His confidence is unwavering.
A group play will be happening. Thrasher is eager to be with everyone. I just need to make sure she gets the reception she needs. I know Purry can be counted on but it’s going to be her original colony members she will want most. I think I am going to do a few one on one meetings and after I finish with the changes to the cat room, a grand party for them. I just don’t want her scared again. BJ is still working off some adrenaline. He is acting like his Tom cat self recently. He is asserting dominance. All things I understand being related to the anxiety and tension in the house after Thrasher went missing. It was traumatic for several of the kitties. Lady, BJ, Mackie, Dolly, Muffin and Mitsy seemed most affected by it. The older or more high strung of the kitties. We’ll get there though. Muffin has been full of Tortitude! :lol: I have a basket filled with fresh catnip plants. I may bring that in for the party and let them use it as a centerpiece/salad. It may be messy but fun!

strider rose strider rose Thrasher loves you too. She rubbed kisses all over the box you sent so she knows you. She is an extremely lovey girl. All snuggles. She’s super smart and takes after her Mom but has become very people oriented. Her voice is back! It’s a little gravelly but she is talking a lot. So great to have that voice back in the house again.:happycat:
Jcatbird Jcatbird thats awesome news to hear that she is trying to talk again ... hugs and skritches to you all

Status
Not open for further replies.