My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I am getting two bars indicating much improved signal strength tonight. I have had a terrible time trying to post but the is typical when any storm comes near.

Good news today! Mr. BJ decided to forgive me for the storm. Norachan Norachan I did smile at your description of how kitties blame us for inclement conditions!
Fortunately for me, the sun was out today and BJ took a sunbath. He made me laugh the way he kept his eyes shaded by the leaves above him.View attachment 256988 A very practical sun hat.
View attachment 256989
My thumb will recover. My doctor keeps me supplied with an antibiotic cream ever since he found out I was dealing with so many kitties. ( The physicians assistant there rescues kitties too do they are aware of the possibility of bites or scratches) Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I will watch for any redness.
BJ was much more relaxed today and thanked me for the sunshine by letting me pet him more than I have been able to on previous occasions. It made my day. Thank you both for the consideration of my bite. I have often gotten scratches but a bite from a feral is rare. It is usually me own cats who have bitten me! Perhaps I am just more careful around the ferals. View attachment 256987

More good news for M maggiedemi Iris got adopted today! Just two more flower babies to go! I have some really cute pictures that I am saving for that day! View attachment 256992

I am including a photo to honor someone today. This statue belonged to my daughter. It reminds me of her and the feral kittens she helped to nurture. She attracted kitties like a magnet. My old girl Smokey was her lap baby from the moment I brought her inside as an orphaned kitten. Every feral I brought in went straight to Sarah. She had a way with every creature of feathers or fur. She wasn’t taught how to handle ferals, she was just one of those people they seemed to instictively trust. The little statue makes me smile. I hope you do too. View attachment 256993
Today was Sarah’s birthday.
:hugs::grouphug::hearthrob::rbheart::redheartpump::hugs::grouphug2:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was Sarah’s birthday.
I was wondering whose birthday you were talking about on the Pawsitive thread. Happy Birthday Sarah! I wish we could have known you. I love the statue. I was never allowed to have any figurines like angels or unicorns, nothing religious or magical...That's great about Iris! Did I name her from the Iris song?...Great sun hat BJ!

I often "send" this little angel when a cat is in desperate need. Now I know her name.
That is the sweetest thing I have ever read. :redheartpump:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi I don’t know how you came up with the name Iris but if it was from a song, I would enjoy hearing it. It was a good name for her. As was Violet.
I don’t have an app to post music. :( I wish I did. If I did I would post a song on the Pawsitive thread by Hall and Oates called Sara Smile. I played it for my Sarah often and she always smiled! It was great! I still love hearing it.

Norachan Norachan Thank you for the kind words about Sarah. She was the most inspiring person I have ever known. ( yes, I know, every Mom says things like that. Lol It’s true though. She greeeted sunrise with a smile no matter what was going on in her life. Her smiles were contagious!)
Since you named Tanpopo, you might enjoy knowing the following, (The foster Mom called him Dandy. )
Great news again! Dandy /Po got adopted today.
AECF8AE7-FCA0-458A-87C6-A4C24060EF03.jpeg

Just one more flower baby left. The smallest baby( I thought male and was calling him Jumper for JohnnyJump Ups. That baby jumped all the time! The foster says she is a jumping bean. Turns out he is a she and is now called Poppy. Poppy has to get a little more weight before she can go for adoption. It should be very soon though.

surya surya I agree, they expect us to do everything they can do. I have bumped into a few in the dark. When I switch on the light I am usually getting a look that says, “ what’s your problem human? Something wrong with you?” I am glad cats are so forgiving. They do expect an apology! Lol Good manners are a requirement
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 That is so sweet! She does remind me of Sarah Elizabeth. If you look up the meaning of her name it becomes even more appropriate. ;)
I often made little costumes for Sarah. The very first one was an angel. She was an angel in my life. Thank you.
Thank you to all who come here. I notice all the comments, quotes ( dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 :) ) and pursues. I appreciate it all!

Tonight we get a small smile from BJ! I rarely ever give tuna to the cats but around storm time I made an exception for BJ because he loves it. I just added a bit to his regular cat food. Today I switched it up on him. Here is what he did when I gave him some chicken.

I think these were his thoughts.
This doesn’t smell like tuna.
A13A8E44-A531-4E6B-A465-A10C40284C35.jpeg

Uhhhh! It doesn’t taste like tuna!
DF67EDAC-A0F8-42D9-8BB8-0FC602CED3A7.jpeg

Ptooooey! You expect me to be fooled? This is chicken!
245753C1-C402-4B67-B918-F59D34B61E0A.jpeg

Whaaaat! Yeah! I ate it but I didn’t like it! If you leave I might eat the rest.
2819AEEA-7DC9-4005-AA46-2ABA37016C99.jpeg

I went back later and his plate was nearly empty.:lol: Silly, but smart, BJ! How can I resist loving him? :)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That's great news about little Dandy/Po. I hope Poppy finds a home soon. It really cheers me up to hear about all these cats and kittens going to new homes. You've done such a wonderful job with them all.

So, my boy BJ doesn't like chicken, huh? I go to the supermarket just before closing time once a week and buy a couple of packs of chicken breasts for my gang. They're always reduced to clear by then, so the cats get to eat real meat for dinner for less than it would cost to feed them canned.

Most of them love it, Forest can't get enough of it, but there are a couple who won't touch it.

I'm glad to hear BJ finished his dinner in the end. That seems like a huge plate of food for one cat. Do you feed once or twice a day? I guess being outdoors all the time he works up an appetite.

:cutecat:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan BJ does eat a lot! Lol He was so thin in the beginning I think he worries the food will stop. The fact that he was a little spoiled wanting tuna actually made me feel better about him. He has hope of something good coming along. Poor sweet kitty has struggled so until now. He actually does like chicken but he loves tuna! He just expected the tuna to continue after the storm.
That is a lot of food. I give him two brands of wet and one quarter cup of dry along with a treat to use a cat bait. I will have to wean him off the excess a bit at some point. For now he can eat as much as he wants. He gets fed twice a day. One of the wet foods is full of gravy because it is hard to tell how much water he drinks. It gets so hot here he must stay hydrated. He is a clean plate boy though! He has always washed his dish by the time I go to collect it. I laughed today because I caught him burping! Very full belly!
Thank you about the work with the kitties. I try to prepare them but they win over the people. Kitties do want to own their own person. ;) Smart kitties.
Poppy is such a funny kitten, I am sure she will get a home very quickly. She kept me laughing and is still keeping the foster mom laughing. The foster only takes kittens so if she won her over, she is a special one. The foster had 2 litters there about the same age and a litter she was bottle feeding, yet Poppy and siblings charmed her. So did the Gingerbread babies when they were there. I think there have been some very special Mom and Dad kitties here. BJ being the most recent Dad. Flowers is actually looking for petting now. She no longer attacks. I even got to pick her up! I am amazed! I do love these kitties. I am glad that I took the chance on trying to get them all help. It seemed impossible, maybe even crazy, in the beginning to think I even had a hope of saving them. The few family members I have certainly thought I was taking a terrible risk. I don’t know how it has all gotten done. So many have found homes since last November. I guess it was just meant to be. There are a lot of wonderful people out there who are willing to adopt kitties. :):yess:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just one more flower baby left. The smallest baby( I thought male and was calling him Jumper for JohnnyJump Ups. That baby jumped all the time! The foster says she is a jumping bean. Turns out he is a she and is now called Poppy.
How cool is it that little "Jumper" ended up with a flower name, too?

Poor BJ...you TRICKED HIM! You used WILES on him! How dare you?

BTW...I have just found out that Hekitty likes chili. Chili does not like Hekitty. I considered sleeping with a gas mask last night. I think she may have made her own eyes water. NO, I didn't "let" her have it. I made the mistake of leaving my bowl where she could get to it when I made a brief detour, because "she won't touch people food." Silly me. So...she likes chili and raspberry sherbet.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I remember reading a post a while back from you where you mentioned your daughter, and it made me cry then. And again today. A mother should never outlive their child. :sniffle: I'm sure your sweet Sarah is smiling, though, as she watches you lovingly care for all your cats. :catlove:

I loved Hall and Oates back in the day, and saw even saw them in concert once.

I found the audio of Sarah's song for you:
Chuckled at the pic of BJ's disgust of the lack of tuna. Cats have such an amazing range of expressions. :catman:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
How cool is it that little "Jumper" ended up with a flower name, too?

Poor BJ...you TRICKED HIM! You used WILES on him! How dare you?

BTW...I have just found out that Hekitty likes chili. Chili does not like Hekitty. I considered sleeping with a gas mask last night. I think she may have made her own eyes water. NO, I didn't "let" her have it. I made the mistake of leaving my bowl where she could get to it when I made a brief detour, because "she won't touch people food." Silly me. So...she likes chili and raspberry sherbet.
:hellocomputer:I found out yesterday that Gypsy likes chili! She always politly requests a sniff of whatever we are eating and then is very good about not bugging us while we eat (unless it's tuna) so we usually offer the plate/bowl for her inspection when we finish. I was very surprised when she licked the bowl for a few seconds, it had been scraped pretty clean and she didn't get a lot but, boy was there a whole lot of whisker lickin afterward!:crackup:@rosegold has a very beautiful Norwegian Forest girl named Chili. :catrub:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama Thank you for posting that song. She smiled constantly. She was happy. Her joy filled my life. Still does. I was privileged to have her far past all predictions, so do not cry. She accomplished a lot of things while she was here that are still helping others. I consider myself very fortunate. Maybe this will bring a smile. She was my sunshine. Born a true nature lover and kitty whisperer.

Waiting for a kiss
CCF7037F-BD22-40DA-A376-65322E9D3E88.jpeg

After a kiss. :)
0C3CC619-8A27-4BBE-9814-E5D46C7C7C74.jpeg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 i hope Hekitty has recovered from the Chili tummy! Interesting that she would like that! Must have been very good chili.

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Gypsy likes chili too?!?!? Hmmmm. Some ingredient there that the kitties consider yummy! I find that very interesting. I also love it that she politely sniffs before partaking of your meal. :crazy:
rosegold rosegold has a kitty named chili? Very cute name. Does kitty have a Spicey personality?

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama Thank you for posting that song. She smiled constantly. She was happy. Her joy filled my life. Still does. I was privileged to have her far past all predictions, so do not cry. She accomplished a lot of things while she was here that are still helping others. I consider myself very fortunate. Maybe this will bring a smile. She was my sunshine. Born a true nature lover and kitty whisperer.

Waiting for a kissView attachment 257171
After a kiss. :)View attachment 257172
:hugs::hearthrob::rbheart::redheartpump::grouphug::grouphug2:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 i hope Hekitty has recovered from the Chili tummy! Interesting that she would like that! Must have been very good chili.
Cheap, off-brand canned chili from a Church box dropped off after Flo. But quite tasty! If a bit gassy, where cats are concerned!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks for posting the picture of your Sarah. Sweet girl. Seeing her smile brought bittersweet tears to my eyes. I cry easily, as I'm sure you've figured out by now.

She was my sunshine
That made me think of this song that my parents used to play on our old record player:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama We played that all the time and i sang it to her as I danced holding her. We loved every minute. It makes me want to sway around the floor still. Bonjure has to be my dance partner now. Bonjure is a giant fluffy baby and always comes to comfort Mom. As a kitten we held him between us as we danced. He is the youngest of my kitties. Music was always a part of everyday for us. The very first time Sarah smiled it was because she heard some classical music that she loved. :)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our smile for tonight is the escape of the kittens. It took some planning on their part but they succeeded. Then it was a mad chase on my part to reclaim them! Lol Since these were the Flowers babies, who are known for jumping like little frogs, it was an exciting chase that night and filled with laughter.

Caged but want out!
80C7B989-D0C5-4A50-8B12-D19044DAC70E.jpeg

Thinking about a plan.
F14BF292-D70B-4EB7-B6C0-36D708E5B621.jpeg

Starting the work.
110A6C4C-F1F3-4250-A2E2-2FC55481EE05.jpeg

How do we do this?
BFF1754B-3697-4E35-84B0-DB3D5F3ED6C9.jpeg

Wait!
A38DA403-15E7-40B5-BA96-2E994B78D1E8.jpeg

2A11AA63-DD20-4974-8633-ADD55BC2C553.jpeg

Is the door open?
810907DD-900C-4E82-A0F7-F87DD9A355E9.jpeg

It is!
F6BF6E87-B404-4C84-A589-E854A057476B.jpeg

We’re out!
17C3913B-2663-4254-B179-4526680A294E.jpeg

Oops! Run !
3F9C9D6B-6DBF-4396-9AEE-313A93EBDF14.jpeg

Scatter guys!
F01CBDE4-6B98-4E01-A45D-3BE383AB2A63.jpeg

Heh! Fun while it lasted!
040EFCCA-CA54-4800-99A6-4B6E8B5963A7.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Gypsy likes chili too?!?!? Hmmmm. Some ingredient there that the kitties consider yummy! I find that very interesting. I also love it that she politely sniffs before partaking of your meal. :crazy:
rosegold rosegold has a kitty named chili? Very cute name. Does kitty have a Spicey personality?
Cheap, off-brand canned chili from a Church box dropped off after Flo. But quite tasty! If a bit gassy, where cats are concerned!
Chili fixins.jpg
Two cans of each added to 1lb ground chuck, fresh onion, 1 can petite diced tomatos, dashes of salt, black pepper and several pinches of chilipowder.

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Our smile for tonight is the escape of the kittens. It took some planning on their part but they succeeded. Then it was a mad chase on my part to reclaim them! Lol Since these were the Flowers babies, who are known for jumping like little frogs, it was an exciting chase that night and filled with laughter.

Caged but want out!
View attachment 257265
Thinking about a plan.View attachment 257267
Starting the work.View attachment 257266
How do we do this?View attachment 257269
Wait!
View attachment 257270
View attachment 257272
Is the door open?
View attachment 257273
It is!
View attachment 257274