My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
pearl99 pearl99 Funny you should say that! It worked!

@dustydiamond1 Look!☝ :thud:Now we just need to get her checked out before the other cats can be around her. They are watching each other through the door and Thrasher is purring non stop. I’ve been carrying my heart in my hand lately, maybe we can put it back in soon.
OH, thanks god!!! How many days has it been since she was home? She looks good. *PRAYERS* for her to be well and healthy. Cats will pant when they're hot and/or thirsty. Hoping that's all it was. She's not open-mouthed, so that's a great sign. She looks very well. Lots of SNORGLES from me (but not intrusive ones, of course. Respecting her boundaries.)
Yes, praying you can put that great heart back where it belongs!
And the AMAZING HERO BJ deserves a lot of whatever he loves. And a lot more. And more still.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, I have received further information as to where the little guy is going, and it is...........drum roll, please- our new neighbors. Please don't ask how it came about, as to try to explain it all would make my eyes bleed and my head hurt. Suffice it to say that after watching the interaction between them, it is a match made in heaven.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, I have received further information as to where the little guy is going, and it is...........drum roll, please- our new neighbors. Please don't ask how it came about, as to try to explain it all would make my eyes bleed and my head hurt. Suffice it to say that after watching the interaction between them, it is a match made in heaven.
Good news, I think? *I'm Asperger's so I can't interpret your message. Just guessing.*

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rolling on.
I like this. I'm gonna steal it for my walks. 🚶‍♀️

Kitty poo belongs two doors down but she visits for wet food.
Is Kitty Poo her real name? :lol:

Thrasher decided to come inside for me.
Did Thrasher walk into the open front door? Or the cat room? Or the new catio? Yay! Just in time for Cat Mom day. :hyper:

Never, never give up hope.
Okay, you've inspired me. Maybe the impossible is possible. Let's keep rolling on. ☀

The break in was March 19th or so.
Wow, so Thrasher has been gone almost 2 months?! That's a long time! 😲

I have received further information as to where the little guy is going, and it is...........drum roll, please- our new neighbors.
I like that ending! :cheerleader:

That makes me feel better after a lifetime of bad guesses..
I can relate. 😉

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like this. I'm gonna steal it for my walks. 🚶‍♀️

Is Kitty Poo her real name? :lol:

Did Thrasher walk into the open front door? Or the cat room? Or the new catio? Yay! Just in time for Cat Mom day. :hyper:

Okay, you've inspired me. Maybe the impossible is possible. Let's keep rolling on. ☀

Wow, so Thrasher has been gone almost 2 months?! That's a long time! 😲

I like that ending! :cheerleader:

I can relate. 😉
Not inviting anyone to the pity party, just being real. Reading about Asperger's, I now understand why people take me wrong so often. We're not stupid -- in fact, a lot of us are highly intelligent -- but we process things differently and are apt to come across to non-spectrum people as being slow and/or cold. Neither is true; but if a person makes a sarcastic joke or uses irony, sometimes it is interpreted as possibly being a serious comment rather than what it's meant as. My sense of humor is different from many people's in this society in other ways, as well, so if it's important and/or I just want to make sure I don't misinterpret someone, I ask.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not inviting anyone to the pity party, just being real. Reading about Asperger's, I now understand why people take me wrong so often. We're not stupid -- in fact, a lot of us are highly intelligent -- but we process things differently and are apt to come across to non-spectrum people as being slow and/or cold.
I’m not autistic, however, I am neurodivergent (ADHD, as well as I’m sure other undiagnosed things) and I relate to this a lot. I know that autism and ADHD can be very different, but I think a lot of neurodivergents struggle with similar things. Please know that I’m not saying this to try to be an ableist or minimize autism.
I often struggle with feeling stupid when I can’t comprehend words or conversations. I also have Rejection Sensitivity issues, which complicates things as well.
:hugs: :hearthrob: :hugs: :redheartpump: :hugs: :hearthrob: :hugs:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not inviting anyone to the pity party, just being real. Reading about Asperger's, I now understand why people take me wrong so often. We're not stupid -- in fact, a lot of us are highly intelligent -- but we process things differently and are apt to come across to non-spectrum people as being slow and/or cold. Neither is true; but if a person makes a sarcastic joke or uses irony, sometimes it is interpreted as possibly being a serious comment rather than what it's meant as. My sense of humor is different from many people's in this society in other ways, as well, so if it's important and/or I just want to make sure I don't misinterpret someone, I ask.
Don't feel bad. My sense of humor most charitably can be described as 'warped', and definitely requires an adjustment period.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m not autistic, however, I am neurodivergent (ADHD, as well as I’m sure other undiagnosed things) and I relate to this a lot. I know that autism and ADHD can be very different, but I think a lot of neurodivergents struggle with similar things. Please know that I’m not saying this to try to be an ableist or minimize autism.
I often struggle with feeling stupid when I can’t comprehend words or conversations. I also have Rejection Sensitivity issues, which complicates things as well.
:hugs: :hearthrob: :hugs: :redheartpump: :hugs: :hearthrob: :hugs:
No offense taken, absolutely not! No apology necessary. I feel a lot better talking to/with others who have these things. I'm not a believer in allopathic *western, symptom-based* medicine and have not been officially diagnosed with anything; however, going through a lifetime of these things and having people misjudge me a LOT has made me delve into the "whys" and I fit the profile for Asperger's like a poster child. I don't feel less, or bad, or lacking, in any way -- in fact, I feel really good being me. Did you ever see any of the several series called "The Tunnel" or "The Border"? The main character is a female police officer who is aspy. The moment I saw these series, I recognized myself in them, and so many people, from family to friends to coworkers, in the people around her and their reactions to her. I also have PTSD pretty bad. But life throws a lot at us. We do the best we can. I'm surprised more people don't have more of these concerns, actually, life being what it is these days.:hugs:

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No offense taken, absolutely not! No apology necessary. I feel a lot better talking to/with others who have these things. I'm not a believer in allopathic *western, symptom-based* medicine and have not been officially diagnosed with anything; however, going through a lifetime of these things and having people misjudge me a LOT has made me delve into the "whys" and I fit the profile for Asperger's like a poster child. I don't feel less, or bad, or lacking, in any way -- in fact, I feel really good being me. Did you ever see any of the several series called "The Tunnel" or "The Border"? The main character is a female police officer who is aspy. The moment I saw these series, I recognized myself in them, and so many people, from family to friends to coworkers, in the people around her and their reactions to her. I also have PTSD pretty bad. But life throws a lot at us. We do the best we can. I'm surprised more people don't have more of these concerns, actually, life being what it is these days.:hugs:
Thanks ❤
I think that self diagnosing is often looked down upon, and sometimes for good reason, but I think if you have done your research instead of looked at a few symptoms and have reason to believe you’re autistic, ADHD, etc, that’s good enough. Plus getting diagnosed can be expensive and difficult.
That’s great. It’s wonderful when neurodivergents are able to see past the neruotypical standards and embrace yourself. We’re not less, our brains are just wired differently, and that’s not a bad thing.
Its definitely hard sometimes, but overall I love being me.
I haven’t. But it’s great that you were able to identify with that. and yes, we work with what we have, and make the best of it. :redheartpump:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks ❤
I think that self diagnosing is often looked down upon, and sometimes for good reason, but I think if you have done your research instead of looked at a few symptoms and have reason to believe you’re autistic, ADHD, etc, that’s good enough. Plus getting diagnosed can be expensive and difficult.
That’s great. It’s wonderful when neurodivergents are able to see past the neruotypical standards and embrace yourself. We’re not less, our brains are just wired differently, and that’s not a bad thing.
Its definitely hard sometimes, but overall I love being me.
I haven’t. But it’s great that you were able to identify with that. and yes, we work with what we have, and make the best of it. :redheartpump:
No one is perfect or ever has been (not a Christian, to clarify that statement). We're each unique and each of us has gifts and talents. Knowing ourselves and our strengths can be very empowering. Knowing why we do what we do, and react how we react, ditto.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
pearl99 pearl99 pearl99 pearl99 Funny you should say that! It worked!
Literally I was concentrating on come inside. But not for the first time in this ordeal. Wow you and BJ are quite the team. All your work and patience. Now anxiously awaiting the vet report and the full story of how she came in!
But first you rest and snuggle them all, expecially Thrasher. :redheartpump:

Status
Not open for further replies.